January 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: January 2014

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's too late in the day.  Time to be coming back in, not just going out.

[/QUOTE]

Definitely, but the neighbor came by and pushed his plans off.  He was determined to get in his ski.  I'm tending the fire with a glass of wine.  I think I am the one with right idea, but, then again, we know Gracie will let us sleep until 6 AM tomorrow...she'll be pooooped.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was laughing at Cheerio a few minutes ago.  I was in the kitchen standing in my favorite place - over the floor heat vent - when she walked into the kitchen, stopped dead in her tracks, and I could almost see a bubble over her head - "Now, what did I come out here for?" - then she looked to the right, and "Oh, yeah, I was on my way to the heat vent n the toyroom!"  And she continued down the hall.  Just like a human!  LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL!!  Awesome you caught her in her "moment."  :)

ETA: DH just got home.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a nice supper.  I'm going to just do a couple of engl mffns pizzas under the broiler.  Was feeling pretty bored, but  just remembered Downton Abbey  is on tonight - Yah !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks - yum, maybe I'll make the same.  Enjoy your show!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

"cheese dreams!" yum...that reminds me there's left over bacon so maybe we'll have them this week.  And still wanting Ziti.

Ate cake for breakfast, couldn't eat lunch...

Also looking forward to DA and Sherlock tonight.  Having a cup of tea to make sure I stay awake.  Last night I was asleep by 8:30!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Greetings everyone. Birthday was lovely. DS got me an Alex & Ani bracelet, gold with his birthstone. Did not get the Soda Stream, but I'm not really sure about it yet so I'm ok. My online chat for class is tonight from 9-10, ugh right when DA abbey will be on. Kar glad your car is runnign and ready for you.

Pingo glad DH is doing better, hope the hearing issue gets solved soon, and I hope you get the call about your DIL soon.  

Tt, I agree that your NF call the police glad she took your advice. Please keep your door locked. I'd like to come over for dinner as well. 

Hats, what a cool idea for the cake wish we could see it. Need to fold some laundry before my class starts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all.  Just popping by to say hello.  Nothing really new or exciting going on here.  Winter, hope you had a wonderful bday!  I have a Pandora bracelet and just got a few of the Alex & Ani as well.  I love my Pandora but it's completely full of charms and is actually pretty heavy.  It also makes a lot of noise when I am typing, at work, etc. so sometimes it begins to drive me crazy, lol.

Still in the waiting game Pingo.  Everyone must be so excited.  When are you going down there?

TT - I would also recommend the sensor lights (maybe as an "early" bday gift from your sons, lol?)  We have them all around the house.  Luckily the only thing that sets them off have been deer.  However, I do have to admit that they are kind of a pain in the beginning to get the sensitivity correct.  If they are too sensitive even the wind can set them off and it makes you nervous, lol!

Have a great Monday everyone!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Never made it up to watch DA, fell into bed just about 9:00.  But, as with last week, know I can catch it Tuesday.

Princess, I'm not nervous about anyone possibly being around outside my house, the houses on either side are only a driveway width away, and my neighbor on this side is very vigilant, nosey, really, so not much would get by her!  lol  I just felt NF should definitely report footprints around her house to the police.  Theirs is on a larger piece of land and set off from neighbors, and a very old house that looks as tho it would be easily broken into.  We've all just about concluded that it was a kid cutting through to avoid going around to probably where he lives - a street on top of the cliff.  But, thank you for your concern.  How are you feeling?

Winter, glad you had such a great birthday, and got your Alex and Ani bracelet.  Last year one of my DIL's gave me 3, a shamrock, my birthstone, and the claddagh emblem.  On me, the bracelets aren't as loose as they should be, so don't really show off as they should.  I think to put them on once in a while when I'm going out.

Haven't had a chance to think out days' plan yet.  Think I'll have Eggo waffles for breakfast with some blueberries sprinkled on top.  I'll check in as others have a chance to post.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Good Morning everyone~!  Good to hear from you Princess.  Winter i am glad your birthday was nice.  Supposed to get above freezing today!  Guess I'll finish the laundry - but I have a busy busy day coming up with a lunch and a dinner date and a couple of meetings...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Eggos were delicious.  haven't bought them in a long time, but they caught my eye a couple of weeks ago.  Especially good with the fresh blueberries on top.

Did anyone else watch Jay Leno on 60 minutes last night?  I thought it was a really good interview and as I sat watching him, I thought, "that's who my doctor reminds me of.  Every time I have an appt., I think, who does he remind me of?  Not in looks necessarily, but his voice and demeanor.  Guess he (my dr.) really  is a funny guy, tho it drives me nuts if I go in there really not feeling well and he expects me to play act the feisty old Irish lady with the dry wit!  We have our regular routine we go through.  I remember telling him that was a comfort to me, that when the time came I really was ill and hospitalized, he would come in and give me a chuckle.  That's when he confided, (no secret now), that doctors don't go to the hospitals or nursing homes to see their patients any more.  How true. Sad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

38 degrees already? Or am I dreaming? Today is apparently the day to run around and do errands. But first I have a doc's appointment. Just a follow up to discus blood work. I don't anticipate any major problems. I am sure he will be happy with my "fixed" hip.

Good to see your post, Princess. When you are not on for a while, we worry. Glad all is well.

Eggoes? Haven't bought those for a while. Will put them on my shopping list. Especially, as I have blueberries left over, I need to use. Does any of you buy the Texas Toast bread? I picked it up for the first time last week at TJ's. It is softer and the slices thicker than normal bread. I toasted it and we  ate it with maple syrup and blueberries. It was very good. Almost like a French toast w/o the egg.

Speaking of maple syrup. Is the evaporator up and running yet, Kar? Have a good trip to your chiro and TJ's. Don't forget those artichokes. Had them for supper last night; they were yummy.

Still no news from TX. We are walking on eggs here.

Have a good day. Will check in later.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I LOVE the stouffers Mac and Cheese:)  I only buy in a pinch though.

I am not sure where the first post about a mouth guard is but if for sports I highly recommend going to the dentist and being properly fitted.  Yes, you to pay but if it will avoid a concussion it is well worth it.   Since they do get lost........... you might want to tie it around your childs neck, hahaha.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Seeing all the birds and squirrels running around the backyard this morning, it must be warmer, so like them, I'll take enjoy it and get around and go out and frolic a bit.

Check in later this afternoon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to allreadymarried's comment:

"I LOVE the stouffers Mac and Cheese:)  I only buy in a pinch though.

I am not sure where the first post about a mouth guard is but if for sports I highly recommend going to the dentist and being properly fitted.  Yes, you to pay but if it will avoid a concussion it is well worth it.   Since they do get lost........... you might want to tie it around your childs neck, hahaha." end quote

Thank you for responding, the initial post described a condition that sounded like "bruxism".

We all know that the drugstore remedies don't work.

I tried them, you can actually do more damage.  Cracked teeth.....nevermind the headaches.

A specially made one by the dentist is the way to go, it will cost a lot more just to repair even one fractured tooth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Eggos, my DS likes the chocolate chips ones, I like the plain. Nice to hear from your Princess. I don't often wear my Pandora to work becuase it makes nose when I'm typing as well. So we are going with oil to gas conversatioin for heat. We had a MassSave audit (requirement for program) Saturday and discovered that our first floor doesn't have insulation, so we will have that done as well.

My DS has braces and the orthodontist reccommended a mouth guard for him. Said to pick up a Shock Jock for him  at a sporting goods store.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

"My DS has braces and the orthodontist reccommended a mouth guard for him. Said to pick up a Shock Jock for him  at a sporting goods store."  end quote

Yes, but he doesn't have bruxism.

A mouth guard to prevent sports related injuries and/or  protect braces is an entirely different thing.

But don't be surprised if he complains that the thing is uncomfortable and refuses to wear it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh he does complain but the braces will be off in October, so he'll deal with it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

If you have to wear the mouth guard at night and it is uncomfortable, it causes you to wake up several times a night.....causing an interruption in sleep, which can lead to other ailments.

The custom made mouth guards are adjusted as need be by the dentist, usually at no additional cost, until they fit perfectly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Everyone.  All last week, DH, DD, and I were all sick, sick, sick. But, three separate trips to three doctors, a total of 7 prescriptions, two over the counter meds, and a box of popsicles later we are finally all on the mend!  Jauary really needs to end though!  Last night was the first night since Tuesday that we all slept at least 6 hours, and baby girl got in about 9 (much closer to her usual 10-10.5).  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glad you had a happy birthday weekend, Winter, and got what you wanted. Does your heat switch mean you can get a gas stove if you want?

Good to see you princess; we worry when it's been too long!

allready, I mentioned a mouth guard to keep me from tensing my jaw so much at night to keep letting my cervical spine heal.  They are expensive, and I can't believe insurance doesn't cover them.  My physical therapist said to spring for it, though, instead of using a moldable sports one from the drugstore because those aren't really designed to protect from night grinding and clenching, just hits you take to the face in sports.

Nov, that stinks!  Hopefully everyone continues to get better fast, now.

We watched a Travel Channel show on the best steaks in America last night, and I HAD to have a steak so I just ate a ribeye from TJ's.  Yum, that did it.  

Pingo, I looked for artichokes, but this one didn't have any. :(

ETA: tt, definitely warmer today, but only today - tonight the cold is returning.  We had freezing rain here this morning; wicked slippery!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Nov, so sorry you all were sick, but glad all of you are over it. Yes Kar, I can get a gas stove. We will have to pay extra to have the gas line run into the kitchen but we are fine with that. I want a double oven and can hardly wait to start shoppping, it won't be anywhere near your stove but will be nice. My dilemma is, do I just get stainless and then we can update the fridge and dishwasher or do I just get black and have it match. I guess since there really isn't anything wrong with the other two that I should just get black...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Kar, sorry I missed that.  Yes, I agree sorry:(  I would spring for one if you are a grinder.  If only for temporary use till you heal 100% I might reconsider.

Certainly the molded ones you can buy on your own will not due the trick.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to allreadymarried's comment:

"Kar, sorry I missed that.  Yes, I agree sorry:(  I would spring for one if you are a grinder.  If only for temporary use till you heal 100% I might reconsider.

Certainly the molded ones you can buy on your own will not due the trick." end quote

Bruxism tends to be a chronic condition.  The mouth guard doesn't prevent you from grinding your teeth, but it will prevent a lot of damage to your teeth that can be expensive to repair.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Kar, my DH has major grinding issues and the only thing that has worked for him was a custom ordered and designed one from his dentist.  The drugstore varieties were totally insufficent.  The custom one was expensive but works well and has lasted several years so far.  It wasn't covered by our insurance at all.

AFM at work today but wishing I was home with the girls during this "warm" day.  We've been cooped up for so long that 35 degrees feels balmy and I totally would have wrapped them up and gone for a walk in the stroller to get them some fresh air. Supposed to get frigid again this week. Ugh!!  Cannot wait for summer...  

Sections
Shortcuts