January 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: January 2014

Winter, when you go - try to avoid the Lynn SS office. I don't want to elaborate here. But I do believe, you can do better elsewhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Allready. Last time I changed my name they sent me a new passport. Pingo, I wouldn't go to Lynn, Malden is closer to home and I work near the Cambridge one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

That is interesting.  I received the same passport back with my new name typed in the back of it.  Was told they do not issue a new one till expiration.

Did you send a new picture and full passport fee? Wonder if that was the difference vs just a name change.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I know that if you do it within a year of your passport date that there is no charge. I did do my last one after a year so I did have to send a new picture with divorce paper.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ladies, just got "the call" --- at the hospital. Will keep you posted.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo are you headed out today or are you waiting for her to arrive? Very excited for you!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ooh, exciting!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Still no news from the delivery room. We will most likely head out tmw. morning.
    Please send your prayers our way, that everything goes well. I don't remember me being this nervous, when I had our sons.  Grand mother jitters, I suppose.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

And lack of those hormones that send one into a fog, too.  Best of luck and thoughts coming your way.

The happiest days are when babies come!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

If she's having a natural birth it will take some time, as I'm sure you remember. I got to the hospital at 10 p.m. and DS arrived at 3:20 a.m. Though, I'd been having contractions for about 4 hours before that off and on. I'll be thinking of all of you Pingo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Praying for a smooth delivery, Pingo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo!  What great news to come home and find.  I hope everything goes along smoothly.  Be sure and tell us when that beautiful little girl is born - and what they've decided to name her.

Know it is still cold out today, but I didn't mind it at all, perhaps because there was no wind.  It felt invigorating to be out and about.  Just one place I didn't get to, and will take care of that errand tomorrow.

Have a safe flight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT I went over to camp to pick some stuff up and it was colder inside the cabin than outside - and it was 31 outside! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I did a couple of errands and found it tolerable, as well.  Going for a quick walk with the princess who is curled up in front of the fire at the moment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Back and forth from car to store?  Tolerable.  Walking for 40 minutes?  Brrrrrrrrr!!!!  Even bundled, I just wasn't warm today...my hands were cold in my mittens and legs beyond the bottom of my coat.  Oh, well, we both needed the exercise.  I haven't moved around much in the last 2 months and I can really feel it. Today we went left out of the driveway where there are two rather steep hills to contend with for the first time since being able to walk her, again.  I remember that being easier...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, well again, you didn't pick the warmest part of the day with the sun.

Couple of annoying calls re changing my gas meter - National Grid - left message the other day with an 800 number to call and ask for Mr. Flynn re some important information.  I didn't call, thought it probably was about gas conversion and I've done that and come back to oil again.  Call today that showed an ID of "National Grid" so I picked up - automated call re need to change gas meter, hold on line for next available rep.  Who, when he came on could barely speak English. and kep saying, "Ah, wait a minute.  Hold on a minute."  After about 5 minutes with him trying to set up an appt - now pushed into March - first he could, then no, he couldn't.  I finally hung up and googled for info.  Apparently since 2009 anyway, people have been getting calls from this NY #, which upon checking they found it is a metering company affiliated with Nat'l Grid - but horror stores re appts made, not kept etc.  If I have time tomorrow I'll call the customer service number on my bill and speak with them about my experience - which I don't want to go through again.

Any more news, Pingo?  I'm sure you're both busy getting packed and ready to fly out.  Exciting time for the whole family.  Wait til you hold her, it's a wonderful bonding experience.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Glad you hung up, tt. I would definitely call Nat. Grid and tell them about your experience. Their customer dept. is really nice and helpful.

Still no "news". Spoke briefly with DS. He was in the labor room and couldn't really talk. But he just wanted me to know, everything was going well. That was a couple of hours ago.  They went in around 9 am this morning, so DIL must be exhausted by now.

We may not fly out until Saturday morning. Let the young couple enjoy their newborn all by themselves, and get used to being  mommy and daddy w/o our interference.

To say, I am sitting on needles is saying it mildly. LOL

Will let you know, when I hear it's over. Have a good evening .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

You might even want to wait until Sunday!  The baby might not be born until tomorrow...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

I've been locked out all day - so frustrating!! And when I tried to log in with same email/password combo I've always used it wouldn't recognize me. Oh well I'm in now!

pingo so excited for you! I think it's smart to wait until the weekend to visit. The first few days after the baby's born are such a blur and filled with doctors checking on you and hospital classes and bonding with the baby that it is hard to spend time with visitors. Even this weekend when you go down try to give the new family some space. if you visit again in 3-4 weeks you will be amazed at how much confidence rhe new parents will have and they will truly appreciate your being there and giving them another set of arms to hold the baby and help out. 

TT I have seen some warnings on facebook about a national grid scam that is going around. i would not have any further dealings with these people and report the call. 

winter the Bermuda cruise sounds awesome! Good luck getting all the paperwork In order. 

Kar so glad you are feeling better. 

Anyone have any ideas for a gender neutral cheap favor i could give out at DDs 4th birthday? There will be 20 kids or so. my original idea was a calendar but I haven't found any cheap enough. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

absolutely, I should have gone earlier in the day...whoops.

Poor DIL, Pingo...going on 12 hours.  whenever you decide to go, happy travels!

tt, how frustrating...I agree, good to have hung up.  I can't stand dealing with customer service  from any company who can't speak clear English.

Rama, good you got in, finally!  Thanks for your continued well wishes.  How much do people is usally spend on favors?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks for the tip, Rama, bu this wasn't any kind of a collection call, in fact, the one thing he did say clearly was that there would be no charge to me for changing the meter.  Nevertheless, there was something not right about it and I will call the 1-800 number on my bill tomorrow.

Sorry you had such a time getting in.  Sometimes if you can click on your "history" and go back to the last time you successfully got in, double click, it will bring you in on its coattails.

Are you speaking of favors for the parents who bring the kids - or for the kids themselves?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh Rama, I had  the same question as TT - for the kids or the parents?  How much time and bandwith do you have?  Because amall plastic containers with home made playdough made with food grade ingredients and scented with peppermint or vanilla extract or spices is a wonderful gift that the birthday child could help make...measuring is a great learning opportunity.

http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2013/09/make-fall-scented-play-dough/  (only I'd use food coloring rather than paint.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

From my time in the Parents section I'd quite confidently assume she means for the kids.  Not sure if she's locked out, again, so thought I'd jump in.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Thanks Kar, yes, for the kids. i like the home made play dough idea a lot but the party is next weekend. Don't think I will have the time between now and theN to tackle that project. I have actually made playdough before with my kids a lot and it's so much nicer than store bought. i am lookong to spend like $5 a kid or less. 

Tt the scam I am reading about actually had to do with people pretending to be national grid and gaining entry to the property by distracting the homeowner during a meter read while a second individual goes through the house. I just felt I had to share. Glad you will be double checking the call

i wasn't locked out A second time. Just putting the kids to bed. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

How exciting Pingo.  Hope we get some news this morning!  T&Ps everything is going/went smoothly.  I think it's very considerate of you to give them a few days to just be a little family before you go down.  I be they will appreciate that. 

Sections
Shortcuts