July 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: July 2012

I would want to pick him up and hug him - would probably scare him to death and I'd end up scratched to death!

ETA:  Off to watch the noon news, make my lunch, and then Y&R.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I do want to do that to him tt.  He does WANT me to pet him at 5:30 in the morning though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Maybe he feels more in charge when you're still lying in bed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I'm sure that's it.  He does let me pet him, but at that hour I'd rather sleep. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, this is funny. I was going to ask you, how your orchid was doing, when I posted about your shamrock. But I forgot. Vibes must have come your way.
    Your orchid is doing, what it is supposed to do. Still keep the ice cubes going, but fewer. The stems will wilt and turn brown. Don't cut them off, until they are completely wilted. Sometimes a new spike will emerge on the middle of the old stem; it will then only wilt until that point. And the new spike will set flowers. So don't cut the stems until they are completely wilted.
    TJ has some very nice mini orchids, which I love. They are much easier to display, as they do not get so large. Just in case you are interested in replacing this one.
    I got bitten of the orchid bug, and always have a couple of flowering ones. They are so pretty and easy to take care of, as you must have experienced,. The rest I place out of sight, until they are ready to bloom again. Some of them I had for over 10 years. Some I discarded, when they didn't flower again. I repot them every 2 - 3 years with the orchid mixture, but never give them a larger pot. That was the orchid lesson for the day - LOL.
    - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks.  Sounds good.  The first stem that had dropped its foliage a few weeks ago has turned yellow, but feels firm to the touch.  I had asked G.T. when he was down if I should clip it and he said no, to leave it alone, so after reading your post, glad I didn't clip it.  I'll let it sit just where it is.

Moving some of the plants in this room around, maybe into that same room.  Have a peace plant that has a slew of blossoms starting to open up - 8.  Guess it likes the fertilizer I've been putting in the water.  It sits on the floor right below this window and evidently likes that spot too.

OK, back to this room cleaning.  Have this half to do now, the more difficult half, the side with the computer, table, hope chest.  Clearing the decks, as they say!

ETA:  First, just one more spin around the floor with my green gown and long flowing red hair!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Before I forget to say good night, let me do that.  I've been so busy here today. Hope everyone has a nice evening.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Goodnight, Winter.  Enjoying a tall cold glass of iced tea/lemonade (4C).  Trying to work up enough energy to make the eggplant parm, but that may have to wait until tomorrow.  I have some chicken salad I made up and may just do a salad plate with that and grapes.  Had my mouth all ready for the parm, but it seems like an insurmountable project to me at this point.  Amazing how nice the room looks with "stuff" put away or thrown out, and few plants removed to another room, and clear tops.  Good job, Hats, with the "may just vacuum" remark!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I did vacuum, but after about 95% of the job was done, it started making a funny noise so is waiting for DH to come and take it apart....The best laid plans of mice and (wo)men go aft agley, as the poet Burns said.

Shoo fly pie and apple pan dowdy makes your eyes light up and your tummy say howdy.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"Shoo fly pie and apple pan dowdy - I never get enough of that wonderful stuff" !!

Decision has been made for me - not enough parm left in the cannister.  Chicken salad plate it will be. BUT, eggplant parm for LUNCH tomorrow!  A treat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Awake really early so decided at 6:00 I might as well get up.  Either the rain is going to start early, or the sun just isn't up yet, really grey here.

Have gotten in the habit of baking Thursdays or early Friday mornings, to have a pkg to send home with pumpkin and fam.  Think I'll switch from the scones this week, they might just be getting sick of them.  Have a recipe for the tollhouse squares that is better than the one on the pkg, more a caramel consistency. Will probably bake them up this morning.  Or - - - - wonder how scones with choc chips in them would be - - -

Want to get out early before showers, to pick up the parmesan and a couple of other things, besides, if I wait til later will lose the momentum started yesterday, and the toyroom is on my radar today.

Hope your vacuum was fixable, Hats.  I need one, just can't manage the awkward upright I have, and it's always been louzy for doing furniture, practically impossible for me.  Loved the old canister, which are hard to find now unless you want to pay hundreds (and I don't).  If you have one you can pull around easily, it can be your best friend.

Another note to get off to friend undergoing chemo too.  Have some cute blank note cards (cats, of course), and will write that now while I think of it.

So pleased with the openness look of this room since I moved a couple  of plants out and made the decision to bag and toss out a couple of other things.  Looks as tho it was ready for company.

I'll check in later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes, a business card was stuck in its innards so it's fine now.  It is an upright - we have had it forever - I never liked canister ones.  They move unexpectedly, I felt.....

It's gray here, too.  Coffee is ready, must get my daily cup and get outside while it's still cool.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, tt, I can't imagine getting tired of your homemade scones, but you can't go wrong with switching up to Toll House squares :) As for the vacuum, I had a light canister by Electrolux when I had my apartment that did a great job that I don't remember being very expensive. I got it at Sears. I think it was called Harmony. Very quiet, light, and powerful. Gracie just came to the door and ran to her toy so I'll go placate her for awhile. :) Later, Kar ETA: That was fun, but when the first raindrop fell, Gracie made a beeline for the door. You'd think she was going to melt, lol It's raiining harder, now, though, so I guess she's pretty smart. Yay for the garden! I've never been so happy for rain. When I lived alone in the city, I was always bummed in the summer when it raiined. Now, I'm so thrilled I could jump up and down. Funny how life and perspectives change.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Really mournful crying of seagull this morning, he just flew over the house.  Means a storm when they come inland.

Wanted to tell you, Pingo, I did end up repotting the shamrock last night, altho it was a very strange root system.  Was a short stem with no real roots, and when I tugged, all the leaves and their stems came off.  They have little pods at the ends so I popped them into a fresh pot of soil, unwatered, (G.T. had left the bag with some in it down cellar) and am hoping for the best.  Gave it a very little water this morning and will just set it on the windowsill now and watch for a few days.  Pretty sure I'll be replacing it.  Everything is nice and green at this point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Everyone is up early today.  Hope your shamrock turns out ok tt.  Your lunch sounds good today, when should I come over?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, Winter, it's like this.  Having a hard time pushing myself out the door, so you might not want to come for lunch.  If I don't get out, eggplant parm will be made with just a sprinkling of parm, a small can of tomato sauce stretched to its limit, and topped with American cheese instead of mozzarella!  Doesn't sound particularly good, even to me!

Thinking my bakery offering this week (they might not even come, don't show up every week), will be my applesauce muffins with what's left of a container of blueberries thrown in ??  I think that would be pretty good with the brown sugar/butter topping.  Can't add the chopped nuts because my GS is allergic.

ETA:  Oh darn.  Out of cupcake papers too.  Guess S&S here I come.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Love the blueberry idea for the muffins, tt. That "parm" sounds terrible, though, LOL!! Yes, please, a trip to SS is a must! ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Alright.  I'm going with no makeup so hope I don't run into Pingo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

When I go out hoping to not run into anyone, I see everyone I know!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    I rejoiced with you, Kar, when I saw the satellite earlier this morning. The rain must have stopped by now, but more is on it's way. We could use some here too.
    tt, I didn't know a Shamrock does not have roots. Is it bulbs? If it is bulbs, it will be hard to save; they rot. I would take it out of the bright light for now though, so the roots/bulbs have a chance to recuperate, instead of the plant using the energy to make green leaves. Good luck little shamrock!
    I will look for you in the parm and the cupcake paper isles. The lady w/o makeup. Re cupcake liners. I found at Hannaford, I believe, liners that were coated inside. You were actually able to peel off the paper w/o loosing half a muffin or cupcake. They are especially good for the Wowie cupcakes, that are so sticky. Little more expensive, but hey! baking is not cheap.
    The upright vac, I inherited from my son, has all kind of accessories attached. Very easy to change as I go along. It is a Eureka, and I know he didn't pay an arm and leg for it. It is very light and has no bags to change. I love it!
    Getting very dark here - better get to the office, before the heavy rain starts, so I don't get soaked. 
    Chat later - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back in as it's starting to sprinkle.  So, ok, Winter, we're all set for lunch.  I like to eat while watching Y&R, so if that's alright with you, we can lunch in the l.r. and chat during commercials.

My gawd things are so expensive.  Except for $11 worth of f.f. which is still on sale, could have gone through the 12 items or less aisle - no meat - 50 odd dollars. My son keeps telling me I should put the effort into it and go to M.B., but I always come out of there not finding something ordinary I need.  Hate the parking and the drive to the one in Wakefield/reading or wherever.

Glad you were slow getting out, Pingo, I didn't look anyone in the eye for fear - - -

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the celebratory rain dance, Pingo! :) hope you get more, too, but manage to not get soaked yourself. Those cupcake liners sound worth it to me. Nothing liked a ruined presentation at the very last step. I ruined a pie crust by removing a pie shield before it cooled - ripped half the fluted edge right off!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

What's with this site this week?  I haven't been able to get in for a few days and can't "reply" to a message, only "post".  It seems that BDC doesn't recognize me anymore.  I hope Amber is doing well and will be back on here soon.  SS, I hope you break the bank today at Foxwoods and need an armored car to take all the $$ home. TT, I have to agree that your eggplant parm would be better with all the right ingredients, lol.  Sounds like a stormy day up there today.  It's bright and sunny here (96) but, that, of course can change at any time and usually does in the afternoon. Well, I'm off to do a few errands and will try to get back on here later on.  Obbieite

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You could at least have changed out of your night gown and robe.

I found MB awkward to shop in too. It is so huge and in the beginning, I had a hard time to find the items, I normally buy. But I do save a bunch there. And now, that I know the store better, shopping has become easier. I go there when I have a lot of shopping to do. I love their produce. They have a fast turnover, so everything is very fresh. You see them stock up all over, while you shop. But when I shop after work for just a few items, I go to S & S, so I can get in and out quickly. Can't do that at MB. And I do hate the parking lot in Reading. Whoever designed that, should go back to school.
    If you don't like to drive to Reading, there is one in Middleton off Rt. 114. I have only been there once, but it is a nice store as well. Don't even attempt the one in Woburn. The shoppers there has no manners.

In Response to Re: July 2012:
    [QUOTE]Just got back in as it's starting to sprinkle.  So, ok, Winter, we're all set for lunch.  I like to eat while watching Y&R, so if that's alright with you, we can lunch in the l.r. and chat during commercials. My gawd things are so expensive.  Except for $11 worth of f.f. which is still on sale, could have gone through the 12 items or less aisle - no meat - 50 odd dollars. My son keeps telling me I should put the effort into it and go to M.B., but I always come out of there not finding something ordinary I need.  Hate the parking and the drive to the one in Wakefield/reading or wherever. Glad you were slow getting out, Pingo, I didn't look anyone in the eye for fear - - -
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

When I go, and I used to shop there all the time when I was working (lol) I go to the Middleton one.  I used to combine my trip to Costco and continue up 2 exits and go to M.B.  Don't even do that now, just Costco then back down the pike.

Join the crowd, Obbie, as far as getting in to this site.  I haven't been able to reply to post for weeks now.  It tells me I'm not recognized and must login to post, but then it lets me post anyway - no pics tho.  I miss that.  Maybe thats why they took it away - I was posting too many.  Oh well, Cheerio understands.  I think she's forgotten how to pose now anyway.