July 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: July 2012

Pingo, we shop at the MB in Woburn and we have manners. :) The parking is just crazy at Reading.  We save a lot more going there.  We do run to the S&S to pick up little things.

Ok tt, sounds good I can stop by during Y&R.

ETA:  I miss the pictures of Cheerio. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She's lost the gleam in her eye since I've stopped snapping her.  I should still  take some pics even tho I can't post, I suppose.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Can you post with IE?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, I hope I didn't offend you. I used to go to Woburn for certain items (they have the best corn tortillas), before Reading opened, and found people so rude. Me first kind of thing. Placing their cart at the cashiers, finish the rest of their shopping. Then get verbally abusive, when someone had pushed their cart aside to move the line. Besides I don't like it, when people pick up a piece of fruit, take a bite and put it back, open cookies, eat a few and put the opened box back on the shelf. Or when they open several boxes of strawberries, pick the best form each box, overfill the one they finally take and leave the rest in a mess. That's what I meant with "no manners". I know you can find those "beauties" in any grocery store, but I found Woburn MB is worse than others.
    I am sure Woburn has many decent shoppers like yourself, but unfortunately one notice the ones, that are not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, I can't even post on IE.  Hurry, Y&R is about to start and I have 2 plates of eggplant parm out and waiting, along with side salads.  Iced tea OK?  I figure you have to drive back to work.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I wasn't offended Pingo, no worries.  tt, lunch was great thank you. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks, Winter!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, forgot to answer your question about foods post-cleanse.  Yes, you are supposed to reintroduce slowly and definitely not ever reintroduce the refined white stuff that isn't ever good for you, of course.  I'm still a few pounds away from my "happy weight," but I did wear my "skinny jeans" yesterday and a trustworthy friend said I looked good. :)

tt, I'm having trouble posting photos, too, again, but can do the same thing that worked for me before when this happened.  From Chrome, I hit the picture icon that seems to do nothing.  Then, go down to the panel that shows all running instances of Chrome and right click on the minimized one, maximize it, and then hit the browse and then send buttons.  Not sure if that will work for everyone, but that's my work around.  We all miss photos of the beautiful Cheerio!

Here is the photo I promised yesterday and what's for dinner, carrot/turnip mash, steamed beets, and cabbage stirfry with ground turkey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Applesauce muffins with blueberries are out and cooling - 6 without nut topping to send along with them tomorrow, and 9 with, with the idea of freezing those. Hope they're decent to give away.  First time I've added blueberries to the recipe.  Omitted the raisins.

Nice breeze coming in the windows.  Room cleaning never got done today.  Have the full dishwasher going and will try to get a wash done before any thunder and lightening.  Are you still getting rain out there, Kargiver?

Your welcome for lunch, Winter.  Called my intown son to see if he wanted some to take to work for his supper, but he already had his all put together.  I'll save out one more serving for myself, and send the rest home with him tomorrow. He's the only one in his family who likes it, so I don't think he ever makes it.

We have a new mailgirl (woman), who talks on the phone the whole time she's delivering the mail, I think.  I hear her coming up the street before I see her.   I'll go check and see what goodies she left today - waiting for the results of that horrid Humphries Field Test.  Each year I'm sure I've failed, and each year I manage to have skimmed by in the "normal" range.   If I don't catch you again before you leave for the day, Winter, have a nice evening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What a nice pic of your produce, Kargiver.  AND, I see you've stolen, no, that's too harsh a word, - a mail tray!  I had a couple of those, and they were used to make the burial coffin for a cat many years ago.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lol, yes, we've held on to the mail tray that they made the mistake of allowing us to use to carry home a shipment of bees. It's been so long I'm too embarrassed to bring it back, now! I'm sure your muffins with blueberries instead of raisins will be fabulous - sweet and moist. I love biting into a blueberry in baked goods. We got a light sprinkle this morning...not much but every little bit staves off disaster. Funny about the mail girl on the phone. I'd be messing up the mail if I did that!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Forgot to mention this week at my son's camp they are talking about food.  Each day campers can bring in a recipe so their team can get points.  Well since I just found this out yesterday.  DS is brining in 4 recipes tomorrrow (he wasn't at camp Monday).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's interesting, Winter.  What recipes are you sending in?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

He asked for the Banana Bread, the Slow Cooked Pork Chops and that chocolate cake I made in the pan (Wowie Cake).  Since he likes Chicken, ziti and broccoli I'm including that as well.

Have a great evening everyone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds as tho they may be putting one of those cookbooks together.  That will be nice to have.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm sure they will not like us as I have two sweet things there, but oh well.  Yes, I'm thinking a cook book to. Hope we are not too late.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good night everyone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good night, Winter. Sounds like a cook book to me too. Is DH enjoying the camp?
    Kar, what gorgeous veggies you have there. The cabbage is to die for. Looks so fresh and crisp. I love cabbage. Never thought to stirfry turkey and cabbage. Thinking of making it tomorrow night - have leftovers for tonight. Do you put in anything besides the turkey and the cabbage? Nutmeg goes well with cabbage. What about onions?

As I am typing this, I see a strange prompt on top of the page: Some plugins used by this page are out of date. First time I see it. Wonder what that is all about. Maybe that is what is creating all the trouble at BDC.

Just about to leave. Enjoy the evening all - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, Pingo, I saute the ground turkey separately while steaming the cabbage in the huge saute pan with some butter. I add Bell's Turkey seasoning to both the turkey and the cabbage plus salt and pepper, lots of pepper. White balsamic vinegar, a little maple syrup, and that about does it. I add the turkey to the cabbage pan when the cabbage has cooked down to allow room and the turkey is 100% cooked to make sure it gets done all the way. I have added nutmeg before and enjoy that along with the poultry seasoning...just a hint. Sometimes I add hot pepper sauce (jalapeno hot sauce from TJ's), too. G'night, Winter. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Got an email back from my GD tonight re her thoughts on teaching a baby to "sign".  She said a friend of theirs has bought a book on it for them, but hasn't brought it over yet.  She said in her work she sees cases where it is wonderful, i.e. with non verbal autistic children.  She's open to looking at it, but feels she is pretty in tune with pumpkin's non verbal signals.  --  He took his first wobbly steps wthout hanging on to anything today, btw. Smart little boy with those sturdy tree trunk legs - just like his mother had when she was little!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Im sure she's doing great, but I know my SIL's have all been thrilled to have the extra comfort of knowing for sure what the whine or cry is about. :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you, Kar. That sounds just like something we would like. I would never had thought of cooking the cabbage and turkey separately. Great idea.
    Btw. we had artichokes the other night. They were good, but not nearly as good as the ones we got at TJ's. Served it with quinoa salad. Tasted great together.

In Response to Re: July 2012:
    Hi, Pingo, I saute the ground turkey separately while steaming the cabbage in the huge saute pan with some butter. I add Bell's Turkey seasoning to both the turkey and the cabbage plus salt and pepper, lots of pepper. White balsamic vinegar, a little maple syrup, and that about does it. I add the turkey to the cabbage pan when the cabbage has cooked down to allow room and the turkey is 100% cooked to make sure it gets done all the way. I have added nutmeg before and enjoy that along with the poultry seasoning...just a hint. Sometimes I add hot pepper sauce (jalapeno hot sauce from TJ's), too. G'night, Winter. :)
    Posted by kargiver

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Then of course, they should use it.  Each new mother feels her way with raising her child based on what's comfortable and feels right for them, mother and child.

Just had another muffin with a mug of o.j. so I guess they're OK for giving!

Getting ready to check the TV and see what's on tonight before any storms hit. Very muggy here.  Got a lot done, grocery shopping, making the parm, the muffins, and just now finished folding a load of laundry, some of which were clean sheets to make up my bed.  Don't think there'll be any need of a blanket to pull up tonight.

Goodnight.  Chat tomorrow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I can just imagine how good the quinoa was with the artichokes...great pairing, I'll have to remember that. Oh, speaking of quinoa, I wrote TJ's yesterday with my disgust over how they ran the contest. I found a winning recipe that had something like 15 ingredients, double the "limit," I realize it's essentially just for fun, but IMO its not fun if the rules arent applied fairly. Tt, so glad you are happy with how the muffins turned out. I'm off my cleanse and would be glad to try one. ;) Spoke to the triplet mom, and all is relatively well, considering, the babies are healthy and mom has recovered from the surgery very well. Speaking of babies, yup, every mom needs to do what she feels is best!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Don't believe the early hour I'm up this morning.  I'm sure I could have gotten another couple of hours sleep, but Cheerio heard me stirring, came in, and started knocking things off the bureau.  I know when I'm outsmarted.  She's having her breakfast now, I've opened all the windows to let some cool air in, and making a list in my mind of all I want to get done this morning.  Was hoping I might see a couple of deer in the backyard, but even tho they're leaving their calling cards behind, I haven't been able to catch a glimpse.

Glad to hear the  triplets and mom are doing good, Kargiver.  I can't imagine having 3 the same age, especially when they're little like this, to take care of.  I hope she has a lot of family/friends close by to lend helping hands.  

It's too bad about T.J.'s recipe contest and that the rules they themselves set up weren't really stood by.  I haven't been out there in a while.  Checked out dried cherries when I picked up some groceries yesterday, thinking of choc chip/cherry scones, and they were $7.99 for a small pkg.  Thinking T.J.'s might be a better price, and somehow, I always feel that even their nuts/dried fruits move off the shelves faster than they do in a regular grocery store.  I love their organic cranberries, both the vibrant color and the tartness.

Want to catch the weather to see if rain is still predicted here.  We didn't get any last night.  Hope everyone else is still snoozing away - 5:28 by my clock. What AM I doing up?

Sections
Shortcuts