July 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: July 2012

Tulips, good to see you back and learn all is OK health-wise at your household.  I know, these boards are a real pain not only to get in days, but to move around, at least for me.  I've found another site to post on occasionally, and have no trouble getting in and out of there.

Congrats on your little kitty.  Harry came back for a brunch after his breakfast this morning, right up on the stairs,  talking away to me and coaxing as cute as he could be.  Cheerio had enough of that, put her paws on the bottom of the door (still with window insert because of this) and hissed to let him know not to get any ideas about coming in.  Poor Harry just looked at her and sat down.

Funny, you mention MahJong, I was thinking of you this morning when I got my couple of games in, wondering if you still played.  I'm really a big fan of it and keep saying I'll get to a local senior center and learn how to play the real thing.  Know they have games on their weekly schedule, but don't know how they feel about novices sitting in.  Never have used the center - only time I've been there is to drop of stuff for their fall sales.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Hi TT--I think of you, too ,when I play Mahjong.  My mother just called to see if I would go up -two of my sisters are there. I begged off, but I always seem to do that on Sundays, so now I am feeling a little guilty, and am going up. It's only a couple of miles away, and one of my sisters I have not seen for a couple of months. So I will have to catch up later today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Nice to see your post, Tulips. We are all having difficulties getting into BDC. Glad you finally got in.
    I also play Mahjong. 3 - 4 games to start the day. My son plays Chess with his dad and one of his cousins and he plays Scrabble with our DIL. All on the computer. They don't have to be on at the same time. One makes a move, then when the other person open the computer, he/she can make a move and so on.
    When he gets here Wednesday, I will ask him about Mahjong. Maybe he can set us up, so we can play together. Wouldn't that be cool? I only know how to play solo, but it would be fun to have opponents. - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Nice to see you post, Tulips, glad things are okay.

Amber, hope you are healing well.

Enjoying the NASCAR race, then heading up to Saugus to meet FIL for dinner.  Let's just say, I'm sure it will be "interesting."

Started getting Food Network Magazine.  Really is a good magazine, lots of recipies.  Now, if I actually make any of the will be a different story.  This issue is about tomatoes, yum!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

I've been having a devil of a time getting in here too.  I though I'd give it one final try for today. BDC know I'm frustrated b/c I had no problem this time. Glad to see everyone is doing well.  SS, congratulations on your winnings at Foxwoods!!  Amber, I hope you're doing well.  Pingo, please come down here and defrost my freezer too.  That's a job I hate to do.  Tt, I'm sure I dream but I really don't remember them as vividly as you do. I watch Gallery 63 all the time too.  I'd love to go there.  I've been trying to talk my daughter that lives in Atlanta to bring them some of her things. Just when I thought we'd get there, she told me yesterday that they are moving to Seattle.  Well, I have to change as we're going out to dinner tonight.  It's too hot to cook anyway so this will be a nice change.  I really can't complain about the heat here though when I see how hot and dry it is in the midwest.  Hopefully, I can get back on tomorrow.  Obbieite

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

TT-I watched the video of stayin alive-it was incredible. Someone sure put in a lot of effort-it was synchronized perfectly. I may try to post it to face book, if I can  figure out how!  Kitty is asleep beside the keyboard here. We think she may like the heat generated by the laptop---you know, it's been so cold lately! Had a nice visit with my mother, and two sisters. Invited my mother for dinner--DS is making meatloaf and mashed potatoes at DH request.  Missed DS2 and GD while I was out-he brought her to see kitty. She is a true animal lover. Two loads of laundry in-I have been really slacking lately.  Had company a few weeks ago from CA--so I got a lot done prior to the visit, but taking it easy since then. 
    Pingo-I have only played mahjong myself-I don't know how to play with others.
    I have missed all the cooking, gardening and little tidbits-it is nice to be back on.
    Kar-your garden veggies make me jealous. I have ONE tomato plant, and it has two miniscule tomatoes on it. Basil is doing OK, but I know I will have to buy tomatoes to go with it.
    The lemonade pie I think Pingo mentioned sounds so refreshing-I would love to try it.  
    Gotta get the table set before my mother gets here-hope to get on again later.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Obbie, who is moving to Seattle, your daughter or the auction?

Tuliips, glad you enjoyed the video.  I love it, play it dayly.  I was able to post it on The Commoners by copying and pasting.

Yes, I think the kitten enjoys the heat from the computer.  Also it's like a game for them seeing the cursor move, like a fly, teasing them!

Haven't had supper yet, just got back in, so do I want to reheat and eat the stirfry this late?  Maybe some scrambled eggs and an english muffin?  Chat with you all tomorrow.  Goodnight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

TT, the daughter that lives in Atlanta is moving to Seattle.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, Obbie.  This thread had vanished this morning, so we started a different one that we filled with a couple of pages of posts - now that one is gone!!  All that info and posting!  Gone - - - -

I'm sorry to hear your dau will be moving.  Is she the nearest one to you at this point?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I don't know about you ladies, but I have had it with the forums right now. Maybe it is a good time to take a break until they are more dependable. That is, if I can stay away from all you wonderful friends. Take care all; will certainly miss you - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

This lovely lily greeted me this morning.  Great season for lilies. Judging from the buds, it should be around for awhile. hats, only once did I get an Easter lily to bloom later in the season after planting it outside. My discarded bulbs from previous years just never seem to cut the mustard either. 

mothermitzi

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Okay, looks like we are back and BDC has supposedly fixed the problem (but lost all of our posts from yesterday in the meantime.  Have they ever heard of a "back-up"?).  Oh well.

Pingo don't go away . . we need your updates and to hear about your visit!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

As long as there's a thread, any thread, to post to, I'll be here!  lol

Mothermitzi, what a gorgeous picture.  Would make a beautiful front to a greeting card.  You must have a green thumb yourself.

We're off to Kittery today.  Looks like a good day for in and out of the stores. Hope Eddie and Liz (Hmm never thought - they were a pair!), but my Eddie and Liz are as in Bauer and Claiborne, each have a treasure waiting for me.  Will keep my eye pealed too, perhaps in the Levi store for an outfit for pumpkin. Yummy's, well I'll try not to go wild there.  Next to impossible, because as you walk through you say, "Oh, I remember those.  I loved those when I was a kid."  A treasure or two in the kitchen store, a pair of slippers in the Tote store,  either a clam roll or lobster roll and coffee (by then I'll need the extra stamina) for a late lunch, then maybe Fuller Brush for a polish or two, and sometimes we hit the Maine Outlet with the wooden Indian.  We're actually very glad of the chance to sit down in the car between hopping from stop to stop.

Have a good day all.  I hope the thread is still here when I get home tonight!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tulips, so good to see you, again! Wish we could share our toms with you. DH plants about 20, and we started them about 2 weeks early due to the unseasonably warm Spring, a risk he's never taken before but that paid off. Meatloaf and mashed potato, classic! Nice of DS to pitch in with that Hope your DH enjoyed it and is doing well. MM, gorgeous lily!! Pingo, don't leave us - I'm sure it's just a little snafu, and now that they have control over the forums they can fix problems wkthout begging a contractor to get on the stick. tt, have a wonderful time today in Kittery! I hope you find your treasures that Eddie and Liz are holding for you. And, how often do you hit Yummy's? ENJOY! I'll be in the ktichen with the produce today and picking more berries. The raspberries are slowing down, but blakcberries and blueberries still coming. Wednesday morning I've got plans to visit the triplets for the first time and to bring a big box of produce. DH will wash everything, and I'll prepare it for cooking. Tuesday already...I missed Monday being in bed half the day so it feels like Monday to me. Have a great day!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    I was in a terrible mood last night. Had overdone myself. Laundry, cleaning etc. Then the PO, Costco, TJ's and MB. Did not come home until 7. I was totally beat. Made myself a cup of tea to relax by and was checking my e-mail plus the forums, but had a terrible time getting in on the latter. Did a long post, that wouldn't submit. I just had it.
    Lesson learned. Don't do the forums, when you are in a bad mood.
    This morning, I am aching all over. that's what happens, when you try to jam  everything in on one day.
    It took me long time at MB. The dinner guests, who are coming Thursday, are not only vegetarians, but finicky as well. Don't eat onions and garlic. Don't eat root veggies. So I had to look for items, I usually don't use.
    I had to call DH to bring home a pizza or order Chinese. That hardly ever happens. I just couldn't face cooking dinner last night, even though I had all the makings for one. He suggested we go out, but I was too tired for that, so Chinese it was.
    Have a good tip to Kittery, tt. Hope Eddie and Liz have some treasures for you. A clam roll sounds great. Haven't had one since last summer. Make me think of visiting the Clam Shack in Ipswich, while son is here.
    Have you started to can yet, Kar? Or are you procrastinating? I usually do, when I have to get into a new thing.
    Beautiful lily, mm.
    Winter, your pool party sounds great. What a nice menu. Hope the weather stays well. Looks like you don't have to worry about rain - but it is going to be humid. But who cares, you will be in the pool anyway. Be careful with that knee this time.
    Picking up son tmw. morning coming w/ the red eye from LA. He has ordered blueberry pancakes.
    Ready to go to work. You all have a great day, whatever way you are spending it
    - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

So...am I on my own with the Y&R??? ****crickets****

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer - - - - I was in Kittery!  Missed it today.  Crickets doesn't have too big a fan following on her side.  But, afterall, Phyllis did try to run her down, can't blame her for being a bit peevish!

Liz Claiborne is no more.  Customer service at Kittery told me that they have sold out completely to J.C. Penney and that's the only place you can buy her clothes.  What a shame.  Don't even bother looking, because it's not the same quality/style she previously put out.  I was so disapponted.  Eddie came through tho with 3 tops, Totes with a pair of slippers, Fuller Brush with a couple of dust mitts, found an adorable onesie for pumpkin that says "center of Mom's universe", Yummy's gave me redskin peanuts, peanut brittle,  sugar free chocolate mint candies, and after dinner mints.  AND, SS, in a thrift store, what was lying right on top of a counter but a ppbk by your favorite author, Lisa Kleypas - "Secrets of a Summer Night".  No problem if you already have it, I'll donate it to the library.

We had lunch at Bob's Clam Box, my cousn getting the clam roll plate and me the lobster roll plate.

So now, the supper I've been waiting for, an ear of corn, a sliced tomato and a sliced cuke - all bought at the farmers' market today.  Hope you all had a good day.  Pingo, have fun tomorrow with your son.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Pingo-I can relate- I am in a terrible mood tonight. EVERY thing I did today in work was a problem, wrong, etc...Nothing was going right. Then DH called to tell me he had indigestion, and I snapped at him! UGGGHHH.  We are down a person, who just had knee replacement surgery today. So this will be a long rest of summer. She is a good worker, and will be missed during her recuperation. I echo Prins note, don't quit us, but I belive you are back on track.
    TT-you had a nice trip-nice loot you picked up.  Your dinner is reminding me I have corn in the fridge to cook.
    Kar-yes, I wish you could share the tomatoes , too !
    MM-your lily is beautiful .
    So distracted, I  poured a glass of wine. Half way through, I went to refresh it, and added water.  So that got dumped out--I think I will head to bed early. Kitty is lolling halfway onto the keyboard--cute, but I need to keep giving her nudges out of the way.
    Have a good night all. Not sure if I will check back.
     Hope also to hear from Amber soon that she is recovering well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Must be something in the air, but I'm not doing so hot, either. Actually, I'm stressed about our plan to go to NH to visit DH's folks because his psyco brother is ALWAYS there, and we do not have a relationship because he's a constant threat to anyone's well being who let's him into their lives. He's a "blow up" waiting to happen on purpose; he sets mines and then laughs when they get set off and people get hurt. We're bringing Gracie, another stress. So, I'm pushing through mild depression and looking forward to it being over. Sorry Tulips and Pingo are having a rough time, too. HUGS all around!!! tt, too bad about Liz, she let you down, but sounds like you had a fabulous day otherwise. I heard about Bob's Clam place on the news this morning; it's a contender for best lobster roll in NE. How do you think yours rated? You can go to NECN and voie. :) SIL is making pie with my recipe and instructions this weekend. Can't wait for he rto try it. She's always used her mom's awful, break-your-teeth on the crust recipe. Worst pie I've ever had, honestly. I didn't know it could be so hard and tough. You have to use your back teeth to get through it, lol. I'm visiting the trips tomorrow and bringing a box of veggies from the garden. YAY! Maybe I'll see the hats and blankies in action? I hope to get some photos of them in their kargiver duds. Gosh, after 9 and Gracie is barking her head off annoying the neighbors. I better get her, pronto. Good night, ~kar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning! tt, my heart was lifted by your encouragement, thank you so much. Yes, indeed, DH has my back and is doing more proactively than ever to make the visit as emotionally easy on me as possible, and that tempers the anxiety a lot, as you suggested, if I'm careful to focus on that instead of how awful visits have been in the past. But, speaking of visits, thanks for the well wishes for my visit with the triplets and family! I'm about to jump in the shower and head out - I'm so excited to get there! DH picked and washed a box of veggies and left them on my car this morning "so they'd be as fresh as possible," isn't that sweet? I wish he could come. I bet Bob's was extra busy for being first in the list of the lobster roll "Baby You're the Best" spot on NECN!! I know I'd have sought it out because of that if I'd been there. Yum, boy oh boy do I love fried fresh seafood, lobster rolls....all that yummy stuff! Thanks, again, for the support, tt...it really did help. Blessings, ~kar