July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Re: July 2013

We are a bit further north than Lake W:)  Love it up there.  Weather is looking great in all areas!  Of course I know that can change in a blink of the eye.

Kar, that is great you get a night away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be headed out in a few, will run to BJ's to pick up stuff for Thursday. Have a good night everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, mc. :)  I'm really pumped about being able to get super dressed up, too.  Out here in the sticks my "just in case" attire may hang there forever just collecting dust, lol.  It's definitely a party over which my SIL and I will excitedly discuss, "What are you going to wear?!"  Love her. :)

Further north?  I hope you don't have a long drive.

Glad the rain held off 'til you were all done, Pingo.  Indeed, we'll miss you.  Will you be on tomorrow?  If not, have a WONDERFUL time!!

P.S.  Had to run to the door - my pumps are here from Zappos.  I think I actually ordered them YESTERDAY - is that possible?  My feet have shrunk a whole size so I needed to replace all my staples there, too.  Who would have guessed?!

ETA:  Yep, a WHOLE not a half size (like I tried).  They are too big and going back. :(  At least free shipping both ways.  The saddest part?  They are out of the next size down...that's why I tried the ones I got.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My UPS run made me miss your post, Winter - hope you found everything you needed.

just walked Gracie; we are sooooo hot...phew!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Temp here has dropped 10 or 15 degrees.  Very comfortable.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Funny about your shoes, Kar. When I diet, one of the first places I lose are my feet. I had to buy  new summer sandals. They were all falling off. My winter staples I think I can do with an extra sock. They are brand new from last year, and I bought two pair of the same shoes, b/c they feel so well on my feet, and it was a great deal. So low priced I was afraid, they would not make that model any longer. To my expensive SAS shoes I can hopefully insert a sole of some kind.
    We are catching a plane at 7:30 tmw. morning, but I will be shutting off my computer after we check the flight, so a quick "good morning" will probably be there. I won't be back until Tuesday late. I am really looking forward to this vacation. Heat or no heat. DH needs it badly too. I am sure, he will bring work with him.
    I am bringing my iPad, and I hope I can read your posts and post from there.
    Have a great evening all.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

It has definitely cooled off, tt. It was 85 degrees (the car temp), when I left this morning and 75 when I got back a couple of hours later. It feels a lot cooler now. Are we expecting rain? It doesn't look like it right now.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, my mom has experienced the same thing - in fact, she's the one who alerted me to the fact that it wasn't the shoes, it was my feet, lol.  I did wear a 7 in high school, but have worn an 8 for so many years I'd forgotten.  I hope you can make your SAS shoes work for you.

A little cooler here, too; just opening up to draw the heat out with the upstairs fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've settled down in my favorite chair by the window in the room off the kitchen, to read. Cheerio is sprawled out almost at my feet, on her little rug in front of the slider.  Opened up a book I picked up at the library today, "Flora" by Gail Godwin.  Love her writing and this is just the type of story I like.  I'll be settled here until it gets too dark for reading without a lamp - and "Real Housewives of OC" comes on.

Threw together what turned out to be a delicious supper and there's enough left for tomorrow.  The house still smells so good of onions and peppers.  Sauteed chicken tenders with onion, green peppers, and cut up Compari tomatoes, added some chicken broth and covered and simmered, and then added 4 dollops of sauerkraut that I wanted to use up.  By the time the rice was ready, it had simmered into this delicious concoction.  The vinegar in the sauerkraut tenderized the chicken to the point of falling apart, and gave it a nice little tang.  Will have to keep the note of adding some sauerkraut to the mixture in my mind for next time I am stirring up something similar for G.T.

Check my emails and then back to my book.  Again, Pingo, have a safe and happy mini vacation.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Wow..it really cooled off here as well!

TT..first things first. There is nothing better than a warm chocolate brownie. Brownies are my downfall for sure. Actually..now that I think about it, I haven't had one in about a month..but I've been enjoying a piece of leftover chocolate cake from the party every night since. The woman who made it is a genius with baking. Her and her husband own a small diner that we frequent for their amazing ribs and BBQ. Thankfully ( or maybe not)..tonight will be the last piece.

Kar..oh boy...when I was pregnant with my son I craved fried clams for almost my entire pregnancy. Prior to that..I didn't even like clams!

I never put meat in lasagna either. To me it's always been a cheese pasta dish. Occasionally I will make one with some veggies for a potluck for work.

Hoping Pingo has a great vacation. The White Mountains area is my favorite place to vacation.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Funny, mc, I'm from the coast of Maine and have loved clams and all other seafood since I started eating solid food and my craving, strangely enough, coincided with tt's clam description (hahaha) so I bet I'm not, lol.  But, that's really a strange one - I've never heard of anyone else suddenly craving clams when they disliked them before pg!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT I love Gail Godwin so I will add that to my 'to read' list.

I didn't crave anything when I was pregnant but the smell of Chinese food disgusted me...I had to avoid food courts.  I had been craving frosting for a month or so; real buttercream you know.  Finally got some this weekend so I am good with that for a while.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Real buttercream is the only frosting worth craving imo!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Goodmorning,
    Ready to take off. Wishing everyone a happy, blessed and healthy 4th.
    Will try to post from TX, but if not possible - see you next Wednesday.
    Take care!
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone!  Wow, I can finally post!  I haven't been able to, though I've been trying to catch up on all of your posts.

Looking forward to the long weekend, as I have both Thurs and Fri off - yippeeee.  Unfortunately, we can't go anywhere as I have been undergoing a series of iron infusions, but luckily I have my last one on Friday!

Getting ready for MIL's heart surgery next week.  She is very nervous and overwhelmed, but I cannot blame her.  I think we have a good plan between rehab, me, DH, one BIL and one SIL who have all volunteered to help and even sleep over our house if necessary to help us when she gets home.  Of course not a peep from my other BIL (but that's another story).  I absolutely adore this woman so I'll (she'll) take all of the thoughts and prayers you can spare!

You probably won't get to read this before your trip Pingo, but have fun, as I know you will.  Stay cool!

Have a great day everyone!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Real buttercream is the only frosting worth craving imo!

I won't eat canned frosting.  It's nothing but chemicals.  This was coffee flavored, made with real strong coffee and Kahlua! to die for.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. We got most of our stuff at BJ's last night, need to pick up a few things at S&S tonight. I'm going to be making a Sangaria, so I need to get some rasberries to go in the Moscato.

- Darth Vadar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

It takes less than 2 hours to get to our lake house.

Winter how exactly to you make your sangria?  Are you using Moscato or  "cheap" red or white wine?  I do not like white wine at all way too sweet for me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bon voyage, Pingo!

Prin, will be keeping your MIL in prayer.  That is great there is a plan in place.  As for unhelpful BIL, best he's NOT part of it up front rather than pretending than letting everyone down, again.  Hoping you are getting your vim and vigor back after the iron!

Hats, your last post made my mouth water.  Yummy!!

mc, 2 hours is great.  It's just about 2.5 to Lake W for us.

Sounds like Winter is using my favorite Sangria wine - Moscato.  Lovely imo!!  When are you serving it? ;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Princess, sorry to hear of your continuing health problem.  Each time you start to feel better I hope you are on the road to permanent wellness.  And your MIL's upcoming surgery, you certainly have a lot on your plate.  Thank goodness at least a couple of other children are stepping up to the plate.  Wonderful idea for them to sleep over when necessary.  You can be sure all of our thoughts and prayers will be with her next week.

Just had my toasted biscuit and coffee, and have to get something pressed to wear.  Again, another morning of heading out by 10:00.  Last night was so comfortable sleeping, but now the humidity is coming in for a long stay.  Don't do well in that, was glad I had put the A/C on yesterday before I went out, really needed it when I stepped back in.  Will do the same this morning.

Hope you all stay cool. - Thinking of you, MM.  You're probably not even reading our posts anymore, otherwise, I'm sure when you saw that we are all concerned about you, you'd have gotten even just a couple of lines on.  Sending good karma out to you -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, so comfy last night after another hot, soupy day.

I've got bacon in the oven for potato salad that MIL asked DH to have me make for their party tomorrow.  Need to steam the eggs and cook the potatoes right away so those hot things can cool so I'm not up too late making salad as often happens for my procrastination.  Picking parsley and scallions from the garden to go in, too.

but, not enough potatoes on hand so need to go out soon.  After breakfast #2 (had cereal at 6:30) and coffee.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I am using Moscato wine. I found a recipe and I will mix 2 bottles of the wine, 3 cups of Sprite, 1can of frozen pink lemonade, and 1 cup of rasberries. I'm thinking it needs some sort of rasberrie flavored alcohol. Anyone have any ideas?

- Darth Vadar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar Pool Party starts at 2 tomorrow. :) We also will be serving Strawberry Daquiris, Pina Colada, and Sam Adams Summer Ale. Oh and of course food..lol.

- Darth Vadar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mmmmmmm, delish!  How about Chambord?  Isn't that raspberry?

ETA:  Food, TOO??  Wow, I wish I were going to your party, Winter! ;)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

What about using Raspberry Flavored Vodka?