July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: July 2013

Thanks, rdg - I wasn't sure it came through via the iPad camera, lol.  That's a lake in Maine, but I have no idea which one.  Near Mt. Katahdin, I believe.

I can imagine you enjoying Renoir.  I do, too, actually.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello From TX,

My DIL really set off a discussion with her AW mistake. I ike some of his portraits, they are great. But I am a Degas, Monet or Renoir girl. Plus we have several lovely paintings done by my father and grandfather.

Your GM's painting is lovely, Kar. Such talent.

Today is a "sad" day. Will be leaving this heavenly place this afternoon. We had a wonderful relaxed time. Something we both needed. Now back to work and the daily grind. Will catch the Chat tmw. from Boston.

Have a good day everyone.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I like Renoir as well. My DH is an oil painter as well. Actually he patined me a picture for my wedding present, after we agreed that we woudn't get each other anything. I had it framed and it's beautifully displayed in our home.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Many of us with similar tastes in fine art - interesting.  Cool to have artists in our families, too.  My great-grandmother (she passed away at 101 in 1999), Pingo's father and grandfather, and Winter's DH - so special a wedding gift.  I hope you forgave him for breaking your agreement, Winter, lol. ;)

I'm glad you told us of your museum experience, Pingo!  Great discussion.  

What a trip - I can imagine your melancholy for it coming to a close, Pingo.  Safe travels tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes I did Kar. :)

- Darth Vadar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Good morning everyone. I'm not a Warhol fan either and I took Art Appreciation in college. I'm more of a Monet girl. I've never been to Weir's Beach, but I did go to Girl Scout Camp at Lake Winnie when I was younger.

- Darth Vadar

Camp Menotomy?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Nice painting Kar, I like the way the mitered corners of the frame point the eye to the similar effect in the painting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I suspect there is a painter or two in every family - I have beautiful paintings G.T. painted, he also does in his home.  His paintings were in a gallery showing a couple of years ago.

I, on the other hand, could never draw or sketch.  My one claim to fame was a free hand painted iris on a sweatshirt I made for my sister, that she loved and wore to death.  Hardly the same class of talent, but it was seen in the "eye of the beholder", as only a sister can do.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Well, TT, if you do make it bakc to the Half Moon, let me know.  I'll meet you for a cuppa.  =)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hats it was Camp Wabasso, this would have been maybe 1983-1985.

- Darth Vadar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How about meeting at Kellerhaus for a banana split and a tune on the old player piano - that's still there, isn't it?  I hope, I hope -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Hats it was Camp Wabasso, this would have been maybe 1983-1985.

- Darth Vadar

Wabasso is on a different lake...lake Blaisdell..in South Sutton near Bradford.  I go there all the time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Did you get to the library, Hats?  I stopped in today and got another Gail Godwin book, "Queen of the Underworld".  Surprised they didn't have any more fiction by Charles McCarry, a couple of his non fiction books, but I prefer a novel.

Went out later this afternoon and did some grocery shopping - bought all kinds of different things I don't normally buy, Velvetta Mac and Cheese, butterscotch pudding, thought I was picking up frozen pudding yogurt - got home and it was choc chip cookie frozen yogurt.  They must have been next to each other.  Got some Archway molasses cookies and a pkg. of Nabisco animal crackers to put in the container I borrowed from GD - never give back an empty container.

For anyone else who is a fan of Jeff Lewis, his new season starts on Bravo tonight, 9:00 I think.  Caught the tail end of an interview show last night and they showed a live pic of Jenni's baby.  Don't know if she'll be pregnant during the filming of the show.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I did get there, TT, that book was on the short borrowing/$1 day fine if overdue shelf, so I passed it up and just got a lot of junky stuff to read.  I came home from coffee to get some quarters for the parking meters and found an SOS from my sister who needed help with some job applications so I worked on that and another task for a couple of hours and went into town much later than I intended to.  All woked out.  Did all I had hoped to do today and a bit more; couple loads of laundry.  I hope you all had productive days too.  So much easier to be good when it's not sizzling hot, isn't it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My DIL called tonight.  She and Lilly's mom got back from Hawaii last night.  Had a wonderful time, of course.  Did the usual tourist things, and also a helicopter ride over the islands, catamaran ride, and of course, shopping.  Brought my son back a ukelele among other things.  Couldn't have picked out anything he would have liked more.  She was back to work this morning and was getting ready for bed after we talked.  Time changes have hit her.  Asked her if Lilly was beside herself when they got back, and she said she was a little shy, but then wanted to sleep with Nana, but after a couple of hours went back downstairs to be with Mom - I'm sure checking to be sure she was still there!  Has lots of pics to show, so as soon as things quiet down there, they'll be out.  Told me she brought me back something "useful" - - Hmmm, wonder what it could be ??

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I hope it's a muu-muu for you!  Nothing more comfortable.  Glad they had a good time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think it's a pineapple corer!

Shutting computer down for the night now, Jeff lewis has 2 shows back to back.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Good morning! 

The clam bake was great as always,  but unfoyesterday extremely hot! DS had some clams this year, but only ate the bellies. Luckily my BIL's wife had other plans again this year and left early.  She's not my favorite 

person, but not as bad as I understand kar's BIL to be. 

We're having a late and slow morning DD had 5 hours of naps yesterday and didn't want to go to bed or sleep through the night. By the time she went back to sleep this morning the dogs were up. And now DS will not eat breakfast and we should be heading out to the car right about now! Arrrgh!!!

~saw

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Take a deep breath and slow down.  Isn't there something take along you can bring for him to eat in the car - a poptart or something?  Doesn't hurt once in a while to let them have something like that instead of regular breakfast.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Mine used to eat dry cereal in the car....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Or an eggo waffle.  Important thing is for them to have something in their stomach before they are off for their day.  Sometimes letting them choose what they feel like eating on a morning like this takes care of it.

(I myself had a poptart and some bacon this morning.  That was one of the things I picked up yesterday.  When I got to the register, looked at my cart and it could have been someone else's!)

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. hats, now that I remember I went to Camp Mentomy as well. My son is on an Eggo waffle kick for breakfast. He has two of the chocolate chip ones. I like the fact that he can put them in the toaster oven himself now. :) Guess there are perks of him getting older.

- Darth Vadar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So damp this morning.  Have shut a couple of the windows I opened when I got up at 5:00.  Seems as tho I really am getting up before he birds lately - wasn't until 5:30 that I heard first the blue jay give a sounding, and then one by one little chirps started all over the backyard.

Intended to stay in, since I was out yesterday, Monday, and will be having lunch with "the girls" tomorrow, but now am thinking I'll run out.  Picked up a couple of Rubbermaid screw top containers for my flour and sugar when I first spotted those horrid black ants, and really like them.  Still have a lot of Tupperware (years old) cereal, conf sugar containers, but am thinking I want something like a bread box to put other pastry type things in, rather than having a couple of cake tins out, taking up my very sparce space.

Pingo, is it today you come home?  At least you've escaped the humidity.  I was surprised lst night when DIL said how humid Hawaii was.  I don't remember what month I went (years ago), but I do remember being surprised that altho it was HOT, it wasn't humid and I didn't mind the heat at all.  I suppose they have their humid months, like the rest of us.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good morning!  Going to e another busy day trying to get all caught up before vaca next week. 

Kar, you read and post from yoru iPad, correct?  Any special tricks to get on the boards, or just through the regular site?  I'll try one night this week so I can keep up with the posts while we are away.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, I've posted with my iPad and I just go to the regular website. I haven't had a problem.

- Darth Vadar