July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: July 2013

Winter, Menotomy is now run as a family camp; you could take DS and show him where you spent your youthful days.  My cousin has taken her family, including her son, and said it was fun.

http://registration.girlscoutseasternmass.org/cgi-bin/browse.cgi?campID=4

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Well I have finally gotten to work! And based on everyone's comments,  I did everything right this morning.  DS picked waffles for breakfast but was just super slow to eat it. I would have no problem with him having breakfast in the car, but our ride is too short. Plus mr. c

ranky pants comes out, if he doesn't eat. We all just needed to start our day 15 minutes earlier this morning.  We'll try again tomorrow :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know, SAW, we've all already been there - that's why so many suggestions.  I know it's hard with two little ones to get out in the morning.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh hats, he's not much of a woodsy kid...lol. Don't think the camping thing would work.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Friend of mine just got back from there - said they had canoe wars and a corn shucking contest where they threw the corn in the water and you had to shuck it and deposit shucks and corn in different barrels.  Said it was great and there were crafts too....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Talking with my next door neighbor when I went out this morning - she put in a little garden this year, enclosed with a fence, and she has all kinds of animals now.  3 deer, a groundhog that her next door neighbor had had, a turtle, 2 rabbits - told her I'm going to come over some night at 2:30 am., sit on her deck, view the wildlife, and leave a donation in a cup on the table, for the show!  Sounds as tho my rabbit has left me for "greener pastures".

While I was out poking this morning, went in one store with a grey, misty sky, and came out to bright sunshine and heat.  Hate to mention my finds because I doubt any of you ever shop there, but last year during a heat wave, in desperation for something cool, I got a great pair of knee length shorts in KMart on sale for under $10.  They have gone through multiple washings and look good as new.  Stopped in there today and picked up 3 more pair, 40% off, for $5 something a pair.  Great for knocking around on a hot day.

But now, I have to change and wash Cheerio's box and get the trash out so I won't have to think about it tomorrow before I meet the girls for lunch.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hey TT you do what works and makes you comfortable!  those shorts sound wonderful.  I'm a TJ Maxx girl myself but there was a brief moment in time when I shopped at Old Navy, which has now deteriorated a lot, love LL Bean shirts on sale but none of their bottoms ever fit me.. I like Lands End, but only on sale, sometimes have good luck at regular old Sears..but that's not as good this year as it was last few years.  Costco has added the Gloria Vanderbilt bottoms at good low prices so I have bought a lot there...DH loves their $13 jeans because he tears his up kneeling and crawling under machines . .

Set out this am to line some bureau drawers with paper...did two and then felt the sweat begin to drip.  Got the laundry done, bed stripped and a few other tasks off the lsit though.  What weather - rainy, sunny, foggy, drizzly - just wait 15 minutes!

ETA:  TT any news from Pumpkin's mom?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I chatted with her Monday - no changes to report.  She may just go the full time with this one.  Dr. doubts it.  I'd better get the second welcome baby boy poem written and card made.  Picked up the embellishments (corrected G.T.'s partner when I showed him the one for the diaper cookout.  He couldn't believe I made it and said, "Oh, are those just "stickers ?" !!  I said, "We call them embellishments!")  He took it good naturedly, and we had a wink and a laugh about it.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well, hope all goes well.  Yep, it's all in the vocab, isn't it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, glad you found some shorts you like. Whatever works. I've found some capri's at BJ's that were wonderful before. When is pumpkin's mom due?

- Darth Vadar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just had a little catnap - her due date was fixed at the 22nd of July, but seeing as she was almost 2 weeks early with pumpkin, her first, her OB feels her time may run shorter than expected.  She's done so well with this pregnancy, is still seeing patients.  She's a love and they're lucky to have her as a family therapist.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. What a muggy morning.

- Darth Vadar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Muggy, it is.   I thought we were through with that for a few more days.

Slept til 7:00 and now after breakfast will stay in cool clothing until it's time to change to go meet the girls.  One has been doing some traveling, so will be good to hear all about her trips.

Hope you all stay cool and comfortable today.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

shorts, linen shirt 2 sizes too big, bra fastened one hook over...yep, it's hot and muggy.  Have errands to do, so looking forward to my car!  Making some extra strenght coffee to ice; perhaps making some decaf iced tea for later would be a good idea.  Here's a wish for a break in the humidity!  Stay as cool as you can, all....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    Back home. You have heard this story before. We were supposed to have left SAT Tuesday. DS and DIL dropped us off at the airport, when we found that Atlanta Airport, where we had to change,  was at a "Ground Stop" due to some explosion. Our flight was not cancelled but delayed. They were fixing, what was wrong, and all flights out of there were delayed as well, so there was no reason, we wouldn't make our connection. Went through security and then sat waiting at the gate. We boarded. Then the pilot came on the loudspeaker, that travelers to Buffalo, St. Louis and Boston would miss their connections. He offered, we could either go to Atlanta and stay overnight at our own expense or they would let us off the flight. I am sure you know, what we picked. So DS and DIL came back to pick us up. Spent another night w/ them. Our suitcases were already on their way to Boston, so we borrowed shorts and t-shirts from DS and DIL. Fortunately we have all our necessities stationed there already, but now I am going to add a night gown for me and a PJ for DH plus one set of change of clothes.
    We got rescheduled to the first flight out yesterday morning and had to get up @ 3:30. Were back home around 2pm. Was I ever tired! DH went to work, but I slept the afternoon away. Less the airline flop, we had a wonderful visit.

Now we are waiting for UK son to arrive next week. He will be here until Sept. 4th. Yeah! And we are hoping TX son and DIL will be able to join us at some point, while he is here. Probably at the end of August, where TXS has to go to Washington for his company.

Can just imagine, how you all must have suffered last week. The humidity really hit us yesterday. TX was hot, but nothing like this. Looks like were are going to have thunder showers today. Hopefully that will clean the air.

On my third load of laundry this morning. I always like to get it out of the way as soon as I get home. Then off to work. I am sure there is a "load" waiting for me there as well.

Have a good day!

Ps. November, I used my iPad to post while in TX.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, sorry to hear that the airline let you down!  The idea of a complete set of necessities is a good one.  Hope the workload is not too onerous.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Quiet - quiet - quiet boards.

Had a nice lunch.  Since the girls eat light, I didn't go for my dinner choice, but got a salmon burger which was humungous and came with potato wedges and slaw.  Could only eat half, and of course, left the other half sitting in its little box on the table !  Took convoluted routes home to go by Dairy Queen or soft serve places I remembered - all gone.  Settled for my frozen yogurt with redskin peanuts scattered on top when I got home.

Good to see them again.  There's no friends like old friends.  I can say anything and they understand completely, are on the same wave length.  One of them is another soap/reality show junkie like me and we raked Ryan and Fredrick (Millionaire Listings of NY) over the coals!

Glad to see you back, Pingo, and read you had such a good time.  Must have been hard to go into work today, even after a late sleep in.

Kargiver, wherefore art thou?  Hope it's not down with a migraine. 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, sounds like you had a nice lunch. Kar's husband is on vacation, so don't think she'll post much. I tried posting several times today, but had no luck.
    Pingo, sounds like you had a wonderful trip except the ending.

- Darth Vadar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I have to head out in a few. Have a good night everyone.

- Darth Vadar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

tt, sounds like you had a nice lunch. Kar's husband is on vacation, so don't think she'll post much. I tried posting several times today, but had no luck.
    Pingo, sounds like you had a wonderful trip except the ending.

- Darth Vadar

Oh yes, of course.  Forgot about her husband being on vacation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

And the boards, after a week, of stability are a bit flaky....sigh.

I have an old dresser in my room which I painted and stenciled some years ago.  DD pointed out the other day that the drawers needing papering, so I filed that away under jobs to do when you need air conditioning; just finished and came to check out the boards.  Room with computer is not AC'd so trying to stay away....tomorrow have to go to the office so won't be on much probably.  Now I need to make a list of jobs to do once the weather is cooler...clean out the freezer, wash the kitchen floor.  This am when the coffee was brewing I wiped down the small appliances and the stove...it's always something....

TT, glad your old friends were still on the same wavelength! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

2 of these girls and I worked together for 20 years.  We don't see each other that much, probably every 2-3 months, but we know and appreciate each others wit and each other weaknesses.  Nobody cares, we all think the other is great, as is.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

You learn a lot about people in 20 years.   I was emailing with a friend whom I have known for almost 40 years the other day.  We seldom see each other but we phone and email and we enjoy it!  Yes, to share 'wit and weaknesses' (great phrase, BTW) is so important in a friend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Our second little pumpkin in the pumpkin patch has arrived!  My son just called me from the hospital.  No particulars yet, that will come tomorrow.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, ladies!

I've been thinking of you but with DH home haven't been around much this week.  Thanks for asking, tt. :)  

Yesterday, I shopped all day for that new stove I have been dreaming of since last year's canning experience that pushed me over the edge with the one we have.  Then, last night DH and I went to where they carry the one I found and decided to get it, a 30" all gas (range and oven) Capital Culinarian.  I won't be able to use it to its full potential until this winter after DH installs and vents a real hood; right now we have a microwave over the range, and that has to go along with the two small cabinets over that.  But, with this range I'll not miss the microwave!  WOO HOO!

And, today I was at Brimfield with an old, dear friend.  We go way back and have a wonderful time together.  When she learned of our impending stove purchase she said, "Canning party at Kar's!"  LOL!  FOR SURE.

Haven't caught up yet, but noticed Pingo is home after a delay.  Welcome back!  

Hope all is well - I'm so poooped I'll have to read all the goings on tomorrow.

Blessings,

~kar
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Sections
Shortcuts