July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: July 2013

Just came back from doing all my errands. Got everything I needed. Except for a container for my palm plant. Job Lot didn't have any I fell in love with. So, as much as I hate it, I will probably have go back to get the one at HD. Could stop at CTS, but I don't remember seeing pots up there. I forgot about K-Mart and Ann & Hope. When UKS gets here, I will have him drive me around to find one. In the mean time I will plant it in a smaller clay pot I have. It already has a long tap root, so I need a good size container for it's permanent place.
    It is hot out, but not too bad. Not very high humidity yet, I suppose. Met DH for lunch. He decided "no dinner tonight". I am planning to make a green juice and a bowl of strawberries for dessert.
    Have a good evening all.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, Home Goods often has nice plant pots.  don't know whether it is convenient for you at all.

Winter, I am sure the tiredness is a good tiredness, but it's also good for kids to learn what really is involved in playing sports.  I have a nephew who was recruited by some very good schools to play college football and baseball, but decided not to go that route because it's really a full time job and the learning is all secondary.  It's good for them to be realistic about it.  DIII of course is a bit different, but you have to be a much better student for the most part for DIII football; but he's going to do two other sports. 

I worked at the office today, it was lovely to be in the AC but coming home to the 'second shift' is a bit of a pill.  Don't know how you FT ladies do it.  I made hot dogs for dinner!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh yes, Hats - why didn't I think of Home Goods. It is not inconvenient for me at all. In vicinity of my doc, and I need to go for my monthly B12 shot anyway.
    Hot dogs sounds good to me. We do them once in a while, when it has to be fast and easy. We had a late lunch this afternoon, so none of us are really hungry. Green juice and strawberries it will be.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Up early and determined to get out early, so I'll check in later this afternoon and see what's cooking.  Hope you all stay comfortable.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Happy exploring tt, hope you find what you're looking for.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

now is the time to do anything outside - pretty pleasant.  tt, hope you find what you need before it gets sweltering!

Had a nice time with DH's boss for dinner.  They left around 7:30 and I expect will be here for dinner tonight.

what do you juice for your "green juice," Pingo?

Hats, I don't know how they do it, either - when I worked full time I ate mostly takeout in 4 day stretches on one order.

have to do some errands myself today...should get ready and out, but not feeling too ambitious yet.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Waiting for the gong of 9:00 to strike before I head out - looking out the window, a guy just went walking, no strutting by, shirt off, slung over his shoulder, belly hanging out over his pants top, and you would think he was Mr. America to see the way he is walking along.  Why is it guys always think they look great. blubber and all, and we women are so conscious of our bodies, and covering up this and covering up that because it isn't the standard we hold for ourselves?

Think I see the hand approaching the 9 - chat later.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, you gave me quite a visual of your walking...lol. Have a nice time on your errands. I'm here at work, the plus side is it's very cold in here with the a/c.

- Darth Vadar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Ready to go out, before it gets too hot. Hope it will not be worse than yesterday, which I didn't find too bad.
    Happy shopping, tt. Hope you find something for the littlest pumpkin. Is he and mom still doing well?
    Kar, I vary my juices. But the one I made last night contained 2 Granny Smith apples, a large handful of spinach, 3 kale leaves w/ stem, a small handful of parsley, 3 celery sticks, 3 romaine leaves, a 1 inch knob of ginger root and half a lemon. It made 3 large (12 oz) glasses of juice w/ about only a cup of solids. Delicious and it really fills you up. This morning I made watermelon juice (watermelon, ginger and 1/2 lemon). Juices are wonderful in this heat. You don't get sluggish, like you do after a meal. When I make just fruit juices, I dilute them half with water due to the high sugar content. DH asked for green juice again for dinner tonight. With your backyard full of greens, you would love my juicer. Nothing goes to waste. When we have broccoli f.ex., I cook the crowns and save the stems for juice.
    Winter, how did DS like the camp yesterday? I hope the facility has A/C.
    SAW and November, how are your little ones taking the heat? Do you have a small pool for them?
    Better get up and going, now that I am ready. Chat later.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, he liked it but didn't think they would work him as much as they did..lol. Pampered kids today! It does have a/c, but because of the number of kids, two teams have to use the outdoor courts each day, they rotate. He was outside yesterday, but they had plenty of ice cold water.

- Darth Vadar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, love your juice.  We have a juicer, but I've been using the Vitamix instead since Christmas.  Made a drink this morning:  whole avocado, cherry juice, banana, water, standard process protein.  LoseIt says it's 500 calories, and I'm splitting it between breakfast and lunch, and I'm still full from breakfast.  Makes 5.5 cups.

Winter, sounds like an intense experience!

ok, I'm probably a fool to dare, and I'm only going to try once, but here's an attempt at showing you the dress in my color.  I wanted to make sure I can still zip it up before putting it on Saturday, lol.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Fabolous dress Kar.

- Darth Vadar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You can see the pink?!  Woo hoo, it worked!

Thanks!!  I'm so excited about it. :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back earlier than I expected.  Had an appt. and then a couple of errands that had to be done, no extra poking around done.  Glad to get back in the house.

Message from friend I'm supposed to have lunch with tomorrow, so it looks as tho we're still on.

Starving today, don't seem able to fill that empty pit.  I'll try again with a big cold salad for lunch.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yesterday I had that "bottomless pit" feeling, tt, and I went 1000 calories over budget!  Going light today; just had the second half of my morning concoction.

Didn't get out when it was cool so now have to do errands in the heat.  Ugh.  Just loaded the car to go to the dump, and I'm already hot and tired! Need to go to the bank and grocery store to have something for dinner in case DH and boss eat here, again, tonight when he comes back for his car.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Finally getting a chance to catch up. I have a full day of meetings in the office today and am finally getting a chance to pump! 

Pingo we have of the pop up pools so we can cool off. DS loves it and has learned to swim without formal lessons. I will have to sign him up for real lessons this fall or winter. DD is liking it more now that it is warmer.  She just skinny dips.

I saw the comments on meals when you work full time. I have to say DH helps a lot. He is home first on days I am in the office and will start supper. I make lots of stuff ahead and freeze the main dish, so as long as I remember to leave the time and temperature he will start it. Or he'll plan to take us out. I really try my best to plan quick cooking meals since I don't get home until 6pm.

All done pumping back to work.

Saw

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes I can see the pink. As with full time working moms, most can't do it alone, that's when the husband steps in a little to help. My DH gets home before me usually, so he cooks, and I'll clean up. If I cook, he cleans up. We get DS involved as well, he needs to clear his plate and serving dishes, condiments, etc. and load them into the dishwasher. He aslo wipes down the table while I'm washing the pots and pans. There are things that we do alone, I the laundry and most of the cleaning, and he the yard work and pool.

- Darth Vadar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I don't know what to say. That dress looks just fabulous! If this is what it looks like w/o spanx - you definitely don't need to wear it.
    You better show it to DH beforehand, or you may not be leaving for the party ;) ;)

Your smoothie sounds delicious. What protein powder do you use? I can't have bananas anymore. My potassium was slightly over the limit last blood draw. I had them every morning for years  in my smoothie. Doc asked me to cut them out. But they made the smoothie nice and creamy. I miss that.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SAW, when I was ordering takeout I lived alone and I actually preferred it, if you can imagine.  I ate pizza and Chinese 4 days at a time, alternating.  Terrible, but true.

Thanks, Pingo!!  Maybe you're right about letting DH get a sneak peek first, LOL, <blush>!!  Yeah, maybe no spanx, after all.  It fits better than I had remembered it did when it first arrived.

As for the shake creaminess you lose from not using bananas, the avocado is great for that!  Do they have a lot of potassium?  I don't know, but it vitamixes great and doesn't contribute much for flavor, just texture, good fats, and whatever vitamins and fiber.  I use "Standard Process" protein powder, you can order it from Amazon.  My aunt used that line in her practice as does my current chiropractor.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How come I still see the blue dress??

Just got my printout of results back from a week ago's blood tests - with the exception of the cholesterol being a little higher than he likes, everything fell into the middle of the normal ranges.  Good news.  Was going to make some wowie cupcakes this afternoon, but guess I won't.  I like cranberry juice and buy the indiv bottles - almost dropped when I looked this noon and saw that one of those little bottles (I only drink half at a time) has 40 grams of sugar!!  I had to go and get my glasses and be sure that was right.  How can that be?  Hard to believe such a tart little fruit has that much sugar content.

SAW I have a wonderful book of meals prepared ahead of time and frozen, leaving only the actual cooking to complete the dish for a meal.  "Once-A-Month Cooking" by Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg.  I've gotten a lot of good recipes from there, love, Bird's Nest Pie.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How about now, tt?  

Great news re your bloodwork!!!  Is that the sugar content for 100% plain cranberry juice?!  I know cranberry juice cocktail/blends is loaded, but I thought the juice was lower.  It's awful imo; I only drank it medicinally until I found the pills.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's the plain cranberry juice.

No, even getting out and back in, I still see blue dress.  I'll try getting in on Chrome and see if I can see it then.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Goodness, I never looked - guess it's a good thing I switched to the cranberry extract pills.

sometimes I see the blue, other times I refresh and see the one of me in the pink.  WEIRD!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

When I go in through Chrome, then I see you in the pink dress.  Beautiful.  Back here in IE, it's still blue.  Strange.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt