July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: July 2013

Good morning everyone. Pingo my iPad has a case I bought that lets it stand up in both directions.

tt, sounds like you had a nice lunch and book store trip. There is a nice one in Stoneham if you are ever that way, it's called the Book Osasis.

Kar, too bad about the loss of rasperries, I'd much rather those then the blackberries.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Oh, too much coffee yesterday led to a sleepless night.  Now I feel if I just sit down I'm going to nod off!

I know you mentioned the Stoneham bookstore before, Winter.  I'm not familiar with Stoneham at all, I think the only time I've been there was to go to the zoo.  And, I definitely look for discounted books when I buy, B&N or the Used Bookstore.

Poem sits almost done, just needs a little polishing - will tuck it away and look at it again tomorrow.

Still have trash to get out and this week have to put out the recyclables.  Me oh my, good thing today is a "nothing I have to do" one.  the exception being getting to the store for some milk.  Ran out and it drives me nuts when I do, always crave a big cold glass when I know there's none in the fridge! - What's a poptart without milk?!

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, yeah, the raspberries are a sad loss, but what can ya do; they only produce so long.  I think he might replace them.  In the meantime, I'm happier to have the blackberries than I have been in years past because DH did a remarkable job last fall pruning and staking them so I'll be able to pick them without getting attacked by thorns.  And, now that I'm going to start making jelly, buh-bye seeds.

I'm in a bit of a panic over the stove.  I had measured the one we have, which seems to fit quite snugly, at the door which is 30".  Figured the new one would fit because it's 29 15/16th".  But, I just noticed that the door is about 1/8th of an inch wider than the actual oven meaning the new one might be 1/16th" too wide.  Called DH and he isn't worried about it and said he could make it work.  I hope so.  I've been chomping at the bit, watching Thermador videos, lol.  Told DH he's got my Christmas presents covered for the next 10 years. :)

But, speaking of presents, I need to shake a leg for MIL's birthday present today.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry, tt, I sat on that post awhile (playing with the measuring tape), and missed your latest.

What a night for sleeplessness, that's too bad!  I know that "nothing that doesn't HAVE to be done" feeling.  I'm sure you'll perk up after today's caffeine kicks in and you'll be done before you know it.  I hope you can post your Pumpkin2 masterpiece.

ETA:  And, a poptart is definitely nothing without milk, sorry!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, if DH says he will take care of making stove fit, he will take care of making stove fit.  Don't stew about it.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good advice, tt.  It's hard because I'm stressed about the expense to relax about any of it, but it's coming, I'll use and love it, and DH is on board so I need to let all the unnecessary hand wringing go.  Thanks! :)

by the way, is anyone else seeing Thermador ads on the site since I used the brand name in my post?  Or, just me?  If you see them, you can see the star-shaped burner design that reduces the cold spot in the middle of round flame burners.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think it's a riot the way they do that.  Our own personalized ads!
    Haven't noticed the thermador ads, but I know when I mention or even google a site, the right hand of the page fills up with corresponding ads.  No thank you.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, now that your DS has had a few more days of basketball camp, how is he liking it?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I think it's because you probably were searching about them so it pops up. I never heard of that brand of stove before you mentioned it.
    tt, he likes it a lot already asked if he could return next year. He fist pumped a current playeer, Sullinger yesterday morning and that was the talk of the evening.

- Darth Vadar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, yes, it must just be me because of google.  I've been internetting this thing to death, lol.  

It's not a common home brand, but it has been around; it was Julia Child's brand, actually (not that that was part of my purchase decision, of course, just a fun fact).  I wonder if I'll have a strange urge to cook French food when it arrives?  LOL!

That is SO COOL he got to meet a current player, Winter!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's great, Winter.  I'm sure all the kids will get autographs too.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

He was there extra early yesterday and the player was rehabbing his back in the work out room so he came out and saw my son (looking at him) and gave him a fist bump. He didn't have pen or paper yesterday but we sent him along with some today.

- Darth Vadar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Maybe they could autograph an extra shirt your son wears?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We thought of that, but that's the only current player he has seen. He couldn't decide on a shirt, so paper it is. He has a celtics banner, but he would crease very easily and he didn't want it to get ruined.

- Darth Vadar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

On different ads on TV I see the big league game players signing the kids' visors on their caps.  Think that's a neat idea, or course you don't wear a cap in basketball.  haha  That's why I thought of a shirt.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    tt, I had a hard time to sleep last night too, partly due to an overly warm bedroom, partly due to having UKS at home. The A/C was on, but I like a real cool bedroom to sleep in. I started a small fan to move the air a bit. That did the trick. 3 more days to go.
    That was so cool for DS to meet one of the players, and that he actually paid attention to him. Like tt suggests, get him a white Celtics shirt and have the players he meet autograph it. Not meant to wear, but to have as a keep sake.
    I have a program installed on my home computer, that bar the ads. But I do get them on my office computer. 75% of what I browse for, will show up as an ad. It is annoying.
    Don't worry about your new stove not fitting, Kar. If DH tells you he will make it work, he will. In the worst scenario, he could just remove the side of one of the adjoining kitchen cabinets.
    RG, Goodwin's Circle is in Lynn, Peabody or Lynnfield - depending on whom you ask. The homes you are mentioning are actually in Lynn, but they had a tiny corner of the property in Lynnfield. They build their Sales office on that corner, so the property could have a Lynnfield address in order to up the prices. DH knew the builders well.
    I have no plans made for today. I will probably just hang out w/ DS. He was up at 3 having cereal and went back to sleep. Jetlag!

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, it's kind of late to get the shirt now, tomorrow is the last day and there aren't players there every day. He's back at his regular camp next week. Glad you have DS home with you. Hopefully you both stay cool.

- Darth Vadar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Thanks, Pingo.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there. -- Rumi

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wowee, is it hot!  My car reported its being 98 in Framingham.  Got a gift basket collection of Verbena scented items from L'Occitane.  I particularly think she'll like the wet wipes given she travels so much and they are in compact little resealable bags of 12 that would fit in any purse.  I had hoped to get a travel bag in the Vera Bradley pattern I got her hanging travel bathroom kit (Hello Dahlia), but got there to find it's discontinued.  The saleswoman called a few places, but it was gone, gone, gone.  The Paper Store had it on 75% off, but the travel bags sold out first.  Oh, well, I hope she likes the scent.  It's very natural, light, and fresh - lovely for summers in NH and the rest of the year in FL.

I put on a jersey knit dress and the shoes I intend to wear Saturday to make sure I can wear them more than 30 seconds - success.  I walked and stood for 1.5 hours, continuously, no problem.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, that's a nice pattern. Too bad you didn't search online sooner, I bet you could have found it. Glad you can wear your shoes Saturday. The pool has been calling me all day, I can't wait to go home and jump in. I go right off the board all the time. I'd rather get the coldness done all at once.

- Darth Vadar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter, re the shoes.  Victory!  Yeah, I definitely could have found it earlier, and it would have been super cheap, too.  But, I didn't know I was on the hook for a gift until recently and I didn't even consider that the pattern was gone.  :(

oh, man, the pool - how can you even think about anything else?!  I'd have to go off the diving board, too, because if not it would take me an hour to go in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I even have my son going right off of it. Yesterday, I didn't get a chance to jump in, but it was 86 degrees.

- Darth Vadar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, how perfect!  I might be able to just walk right in at that temp.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Greetings from vacationland!  I think that tag line belongs to Maine but I'm using it anyways.  I haven't had a chance to read or post until now but the iPad seems to be working out just fine. We've been busy with guests and adventures but are now "just us" for the evening!!  Hope you are all well. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Enjoy, Novem!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

Sections
Shortcuts