July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: July 2013

Just got back in - Kohl's only, Pingo, wandering around and around hunting for size 8 for Lilly.  Found a drindle skirt and a cute top to go along with.  One lady at the checkout tying up the line.  the cashier had the patience of Job.  We laughed about it when I finally got my turn at bat.  She said she was a retired kindergarten teacher and was used to using patience, but this one was above and beyond anything she had dealt with before.  Sad part is, that with all the woman's arguing, and the line growing, the cashier finally said, "Alright, I'll give it to you."  You or I wouldn't stand there and do that.

Salad and Y&R.  Catch you all later.  Glad you finally got on the boards, SS.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

SS sure sounds as if you have been making lemonade in huge quantities lately what with your losing a couple of lbs in spite of enforced inactivity.  Welcome back!

Kar, you are right not to go see G.

TT, I am having ham and tomato on pumpernickel for my lunch.  Hate going to Kohl's, their checkouts are seriously understaffed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I made a huge salad with the kitchen sink on it, including a scoop of potato salad, some slaw, and for dessert had a leftover choc chip pancake!  Shocking !

I don't go to Kohl's usually unless I have a 30% off, and then only for towels, but wanted to sneak a peek there in case Lilly comes down this week-end.  Never find my undergarment style/size there, but today found 2, so that coupled with Lilly's things put me over the $50 and gave me  $10 Kohl's cash slip besides the 15% off total bill.  A good trip.  There were 3 checkouts open, plus a couple in the men's, and the lady on the jewelry counter started taking customers as the line grew.  No complaints with that part of their service, except for that one woman who was going to stand there arguing "I think I should get something!" until the cows came home.  Got a survey attached to my sales slip and am going to go in and praise the checkout lady who dealt with her and kept her cool.  With all that, the customer never said "thank you".  You can tell a lot about people by just listening and watching.

ETA:  Did see the curious george display, SS, but not until I was in the middle of the checkout line.  They had a funny set up there, it was not visible as you came in the store, but was at the end of the checkout counters, only visible because I happened to turn around.  At that point, couldn't lose my spot in line and go back.  They looked cute tho, I think a good choice the kids you bought them for, will love.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SS, great to have you back!  Yes, Sugar free candy is sweetened with zero calorie sugar alcohols, and it gives me horrible trouble - not worth it, and it doesn't even taste that good imo.  Better if you are off sugar to enjoy life without sweets than suffer with sugar free substitutes...at least that's how I'd handle it.  Wow, 5 lbs of retained water is a lot - you must have been uncomfortably bloated - that's great you're on the mend all around.

Called the hospital this afternoon, and she's doing spectacular.  Taking her meds and following all commands like the good girl she is.  And, they said healing is right on track.  Looking forward to picking her up tomorrow.

didn't start the cleanse today in favor of finishing the milk and cheese that's open first.  Got clams at The Clam Box for lunch, the absolute opposite of cleanse food, lol.  See, tt, you can eat freely here, I'd be a hypocrite to judge anyone poorly!

Pingo, I'll be joining you with the Vitamix veggie and fruit drinks soon...in the meantime, I've also got an open bottle of sparkling wine with my name on it. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, glad you got your Kohl's cash. ss, nice to have you back. Like your attitude. Kar, glad Gracie is doing good. You can't have milk on the cleanse?

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wasn't/not thinking of you in particular when I mentoned healthy eaters tsk tsking about my diet choices, Kargiver.  I know you have your "slips" and would be the last to pass judgment.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

WHERE is this rain we were promised to get around noon that was to bring in cooler air and get rid of the humidity???  Sun is still shining here, and it's still humid as the devil.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I didn't take it that you meant me, per se, but I know you know I'm very health conscious in the kitchen so I wanted you to know I'm not secretly wagging my finger!

Winter, correct, no dairy on purification.  It's not that it's unhealthy, it's that it doesn't work synergistically with the cleansing supplements.  It's a 3 week boost for your natural cleansing systems, liver, kidneys, and blood.  Protein causes your kidneys to work harder to filter your blood (protein strands are long and spaghetti like) so the cleanse is lower in protein than a regular, long term, well-balanced, healthy diet.

ETA:  sunny and hot here, too, tt.  Not as humid as I thought it would be, but not dry, either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yeah no way I could do it. Without the caffiene, I'd get the worse migraine in the world and would be very very hard to do alone, would not enforce on DH and DS is much to young to need a cleanse. But good luck to you.

- Darth Vadar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I cheat on the caffeine part because of the migraines and for the fact that I'm not going to stop drinking it forever after so I don't see the point.  But, I do everything else.  Yeah, I'd skip it, too, if I were cooking non-cleanse food for others in the family.  Thanks for the support!  I'm not sure when I'm starting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, no protein on the cleanse? I just ordered your Standard Process Powder this morning. I got the dairy free. Didn't know, if there was much of a difference. Expensive though.

I know, you all are smart as far as giving out info on the phone. We never pick up our landline, unless we recognize the number or the name of the caller. But this morning DS picked it up, as he was expecting a call. It was an officer Ron Davis fron the Federal Crime unit. He had a very heavy Indian or Pakistani accent (name and accent didn't really match LOL). He wanted to speak w/ DH. DS told him DH was not at home. He then said that it was urgent he speak to him, as he had an arrest order for him and wanted his cell phone number. DS told him, we don't give any info over he phone, but he could leave his number, and DH would call him back. When we googled the number (610-300-0249), we found lots of postings about this scam. Just be aware!

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

I think it is terible that there is so much scamming going on....what is wrong with people...I couldn't take a penny if it wasn't mine.  Found out the other day that when we lived in Dorchester, DH saw Whitey and his friends all the time at Castle Island, back of some of the restaurants (near a door, so they could get out easy)  and in the paper yesterday they mentioned that Whitey and Flemmi used to like standing outside of the bar and watch the young girls coming out of the HS there, 2 of my  DD's went there.....altho I do miss Dorchester and the wonderful friends I had there, I'm glad we moved. ss

When life hands you lemons, Make lemonade!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, there is protein (even the dairy free version of the shakes has protein) just not a lot so as to stress your kidneys during purification.  Yes, it's not cheap, but I've yet to find anything that comes close to the quality for any price.

Wow, what a scam.  Makes me even more glad we don't have a landline.  Good thing DS was vigilent - raised by wise folks.

Made DH a tomato veggie soup with my canned tomato sauce, herbs, allowed amount of Celtic sea salt, sautéed (in their own liquid) mushrooms, steamed summer squash and Swiss chard all from the garden except the mushrooms, of course.  Even the basil was fresh!  Pretty yummy; I had it, too.

picked 3 rounded qts of blackberries, 1/2 qt of rasp, and 3/4 quart of blueberries.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Kar, what type of surgery did Gracie have?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

TT...I love when you post the things you enjoy eating....makes me feel normal. I try to eat pretty healthy. In my house most dinners consist of a protein and at least one vegetable..but I like to indulge as much as the next person. Since I made sauce yesterday I had a nice big plate of pasta for dinner..and then went back for seconds. I never feel bad about that kind of thing because it always balances out in the end. Today..I never got to eat lunch!

Well..I have to say..today was one of the strangest days I've ever had. Some time last night the plates were stolen off of my car. I filed a police report and then tried to get a hold of the registry to see what else I need to bring. What a joke. 45 minutes on the phone until a friend of mine heard about my dilemma..placed two phone calls and less than 30 minutes later I had new plates and a new registration...so I was feeling pretty good about that..but still sort of violated.

Then..I little while ago..a neighbor 2 doors down knocked on my door. He came to apologize. It seems that he allowed his estranged..and delinguent son who was out on probation to crash at his house last night. His son rewarded him by breaking into his car, stealing a bunch of stuff..then stealing his brother's jeep which was sitting in the driveway unregistered because he had taken it off the road while he was out of town. When he got home and noticed it..he went to the police station to report it stolen and the PD told him about my plates being stolen. I felt bad for him. Tough situation to be in. No doubt once they catch the son he is going back to jail.

So..I feel a little less violated than I did earlier. It's better knowing than wondering.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

CT, she is prone to tear her doggie equivalent of our ACL and needed TPLO knee surgery 2 years ago, and tore her other knee for TPLO #2.  Hopefully, that's it!  She's now got 12 screws and 2 plates in her legs...bionic dog.

mc, what an experience!  Your poor neighbor and what a hassle for you.  Sad situation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

CT, she is prone to tear her doggie equivalent of our ACL and needed TPLO knee surgery 2 years ago, and tore her other knee for TPLO #2.  Hopefully, that's it!  She's now got 12 screws and 2 plates in her legs...bionic dog.

mc, what an experience!  Your poor neighbor and what a hassle for you.  Sad situation.

Poor Gracie..!! I bet you'll be happy to have her home tomorrow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, for sure, it's so weird with her not here.  A bug rammed the French doors, and for a second I thought it was her.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Today's the day...mixed feelings.  Loving her being taken care of at the hospital and wish she could stay there until the most fragile days are past.  But, on the other hand, she'll feel better at home like people do, right?  Last time she made a beeline for her crate and spent a few days hardly anywhere else despite having other comfy spots to flop and rest.  DH is giddy for her return.

DH is doing well on day 3 of Cleanse.  It makes it really easy to have someone preparing all your food, lol.  He helps a lot, though, harvesting and washing all the produce except the berries.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. MC what a terrible ordeal you had to go through. I feel bad for your neighbor as well. Kar, what time do you get Gracie today?

- Darth Vadar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Cricket, it sounds as if you are having more than your share of aggravation.   I'd have eaten a whole loaf of bread as well as the pasta if that happened to me.  I'm glad your friend helped to deal with it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's a decent drive, and there's a great diner down the street from the hospital so I plan to leave here around 11, eat a juicy comfort burger, and get her at about 1:00.  My life revolves around my next meal, honestly.  Hence my extreme excitement over a stove, lol.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Oh, Miscricket, feel so badly for your neighbors.  Bad things do happen to good people, and I'm sure they are so embarrassed by the whole thing.  We have a similar situation in our neighborhood with an errant GS in his mid 20's, of one of the neighbors, except the GM (the neighbor) feels no embarrassment, is an enabler who has caused huge rifts in her marriage and family by insisting, "no GS of mine is going to be out on the street".   She makes excuses for him even after his threats, arrests, job losses, being thrown out of programs and "friend's" and relatives houses (including theirs by her husband) for stealing and drug dealing.  "His mother didn't give him enough attention when he was a little boy" is her favorite.  Fool.  She's done him no favor by not allowing him to face the consequences of his actions, and has undone whatever good had been started in work programs he was forced into.  Right now he's back at their house, and I do keep my doors locked.  -  As I reread this, you probably think between that situation and my hubcaps being stolen, I must live in a pretty tough neighborhood!  Not, it's actually a very nice residential area. - Honest! 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

This is a big sign:

WELCOME HOME, GRACIE !

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Awww, tt, thanks - I will show her upon her return, and I know it will improve her day.  She asks about Cheerio and is sad about bdc's photo issues.

every neighborhood has issues...even out here in the boonies on our quiet, country road, there is a young adult son known to be into drugs living with his parents (responsibe, friendly people), and another neighbor's truck was broken into - his involvement is undoubted, but I'm not sure what came of it.  It's inescapable, really.

And, yeah, it drives me bonkers when parents make insane excuses for their horrible kids.  

Sections
Shortcuts