July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: July 2013

Good morning, what a great morning. Truly enjoyed the cool air drinking my cuppa.

Kar, you must be so excited to get Gracie back home. Hope all goes well. What a delicious soup, you made. And all from your own back yard. Have you ever tried to grow mushrooms? You buy some kind of a kit for it. Our DIL had good results with them.

Indeed a strange day, MC. I feel bad for your neighbor too. Nice of him to come and apologize. Someone else might just have kept quiet.

No poking today, tt? It is a good day for it. DS wants to go to Macy's to get some new Levis. His running made him loose weight, and the ones he bought in April is falling off him. He is training for a half Marathon in October (in UK).

The elliptical is calling me. Have a good  day. Chat later.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Pingo, I'm so glad DH liked the soup - cleanse really is a challenge, and it helps to have truly tasty, filling food.  I haven't tried the mushroom kits because the only thing aside from your DIL's experience was negative.  It was featured on NECN's "Does it Work," and while it grew mushrooms it didn't grow many and didn't repeat - what you get you get once so it wasn't cost effective.  Maybe your DIL got an entirely different kit that produces more at one time and more than once?

Time to get ready and go - I'm getting antsy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh yes, a shopping I did go, Pingo.  Hit Marshall's.  Picked up some sale items for the Christmas baskets, then stopped in Lendy's deli and bought a Reuben and slaw to bring home for me lunch - which I am going to eat now!

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Much against my better judgment pulled the vacuum out and pushed it around on the rugs.  Alrieady my back is saying, "Why did you do that?"  Have to find a lighter weight tank type and just throw this upright out so I won't be tempted to use it again.  If the trash men hadn't already come this morning, would drag it out to the curb today.

Are you and Gracie back home yet, Kargiver?  How is the little girl?  Bet next time you try to get her to the vets she won't go so eagerly.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So Kar, has the little girl come home? How is she doing? Hope she doesn't give you too much trouble. Maybe you should keep her in her crate, when DH gets home, not to excite her too much.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, you are so proactive with Christmas - maybe someday I'll do the same...it's a good idea, anyway.  Too bad you strained your back!

Yes, we are home!  She's doing ok...as well as we could expect this early.  I was just thinking about keeping her in her crate, but it might be 6 of one half dozen of the other - she'll go absolutely nuts in there.

if you look hard, you might be able to see how she's shaved on her hind quarter facing the camera...not a good quality photo, tho.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver - the pic is of you in the pink dress again!  I don't see any shaving on the hind quarter, and I did look closely!  LOL

ETA:  As soon as my post came up, your pic of Gracie appeared instead of you in the dress.  Too dark to see anything except her face tho.  Poor baby girl.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I saw the dress once, too, but refreshing put her photo back...weird.

She looks pretty forlorn. :(

ETA: I laughed at your "no shaved hind quarter" joke, by the way - funny!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Lol, TT - your post almost made me spit my water out!  I see the pink dress, too.  Picture aside, glad to hear Gracie is home and doing well.

OT - can we no longer "search" the posts? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Nov, she's resting very well and without a sound.  I think at some point you'll see Gracie's photo - it seems to pop back and forth randomly.

I took "ugly" photos of the whole incision and leg so I can know for sure if she is showing improvement day by day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She looks like she's saying, "I don't know what I did?  Thought I was being a good girl."

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Poor Gracie. She doesn't look too happy w/ that collar on. "What did I do, since they did this to me?"

If anyone is interested, I posted the Strawberry/Rhubarb cake in the recipe section. It was delicious.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just went over and saw your recipe, Pingo.  Will give it a try next time I have company.  thanks for posting.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Her day was brightened remarkably when Daddy got home.  She didn't jump but wagged like crazy which is safe.  He took her cone off and laid down with her on her living room bed, but she soon wanted to go back to her crate so I had to put the cone back on - unsupervised she could do damage fast.  She looks that way, for sure, but she doesn't act like she feels punished, thankfully.

the cake looks fabulous, Pingo.  We have rhubarb, but the mint chokes it out...I'll see if there is any under there, lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I used the whole-wheat flour, so I think you will be able to use your spelt. Also, I used coconut oil for the recipe as well as the pan. Was even better the next day, when the juices had more time to soak in the cake.
    Gracie disappeared. Now it is your red dress w/ the "shaved hind quarter". I am afraid to post pictures. One never know, what will show up.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, sounds like it would be perfect for us, I'd even buy rhubarb if we don't have any to make it, thanks.

the photos only switch between what you've chosen from your photo library, usually toggling between the previous and the current ones you've posted, not random pictures from your computer like I assumed at first.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, everyone,

what a refreshing change to have it cool and rainy after so much intense heat.  It rained hard at times last night, now just a drizzle.  

Gracie woke up at 1:30 and had to pee so we took care of that and we all went right back to sleep.  If she was in pain she didn't indicate it so I assume not.  She's a little swollen and stiff this morning, but getting around fairly well, eating, drinking, and using the restroom.  I iced her knee for 10 minutes before she expressed she'd had enough of that, and she's in her crate by her strong choice (I had to close the door so I could ice her).

gotta run and get DH's breakfast and lunch, chat later

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Good news to read Gracie's up and about and seemingly not in much pain.  She probably still has anesthesia in her system and feels a little sluggish.  Is she on pain meds also?

Yes, I'm loving this rain.  Have so much more energy.  Got a lot done even after supper last night (polished l.r. furniture, wet mopped hardwood floor in there, threw scatter rug in washer/dryer).  Now today it's definitely the toyroom that's going to get pulled completely apart, on the chance that Lilly will be down this weekend, thus my neighbor's nieces over too.  "I'm singin in the rain, just singin in the rain - - - -"

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

...what a glorious feeling, I'm happy, again!!

I intend to get into high cleaning gear here, too, especially since DH had to take my car to work because work let his company car's plates expire so I'm stuck here.  Can't walk her or anything.  So, what's there to do but clean?  Maybe I'll venture into a canning project.  DH will be so happy, although, given he's on cleanse he'll have to wait to eat pickles or jam/jelly.

Yes, she's on strong pain meds to control pain and to keep her quiet.  I'm eager for the staples to come out (10 - 12 days) so we can take the cone off.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Gracie looks so sad in the picture :( Too bad you are stuck inside kar, but it's a raining day at the moment anyway. tt, glad the rain has given you more energy.

We leave for D.C. early next Saturday morning, since I'm working all week I decided to pack what I could now. My DS is the only one of us that has enough stuff (shorts, shirts, etc) to pack. So he's almost fully packed, just a couple pairs of shorts and shirts he wants that are in the hamper. I'll put my bottoms aside and into a suitcase this weekend and gather the same for DH and then once the laundry is done will pack the shirts, etc. We are in D.C. from the 3rd-6th and then we are driving to Williamsburg and are there until the 10th. Will most likely spend the day there and leave later and then end up staying somewhere in NJ overnight.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a great trip you guys ahve planned, Winter!  I think your DS is not only at the perfect age, but he's so interested in learning - he'll remember this as one of those treasured family times forever, and I bet will take his kids there, too, passing on the tradtion.

indeed, I'm happy for the rainy day; she often is quiet on days like this, anyway, even when she's not laid up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What a fun trip you have all planned out, Winter.  We'll miss you on the boards tho.  Is your son excited about it?  I always loved all the packing and planning before vacation when I was a kid. 

I just put your banana bread with added choc chips in the oven.  Good day to get some easy baking done in between cleaning stints.  Thinking of what cookies or whoopie pies to make next.  If I knew for sure if Lilly was coming down, that would make a difference.  Don't want too many sweets  laying around if it's just me eating them.  They're a "fly by the seat of your pants" type of family, so they won't decide until maybe an hour before if they're coming or not - in fact last time, Lilly and her nana were on their way grocery shopping, on 128, and one or the other said, "Want to go see Nana Nana?"  A call was made and they were here in 20 minutes.

However, time to get showered and dressed while the baking is being done, and I'm still full of ambition.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

He's more excited about visiting Busch Gardens and Water Country then D.C. He's going with the 8th grade, but we told him that there is more to see then we'll fit into 3.5 days.

- Darth Vadar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think that might be because he doesn't know what he doesn't know - he'll love DC when you get there and see the Smithsonian and all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm sure he will, but he's all about rollercoasters and water rides, typical boy stuff. I love a good ride myself.

- Darth Vadar