July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: July 2013

Good Sunday morning,
    Just came in from my deck and my first cuppa. It is muggy out there already. Going to be a sizzler this coming week.
    Yes, tt, I miss mothermitzy too. Seeing her name gave me tears in my eyes. I sure hope she is alright. Wondering about her father too. She took walks in my "old backyard" along the Charles. Always made me remember our first days of dating. There was a wonderful deli on Charles Street, where I lived. So DH and I would pick up a couple sandwiches and walk over and have a picnic along the river. And those great 4th of July concerts with Arthur Fiedler, you still could attend w/o fearing for your life. We would just dash down there 1/2 hour before the concert would start. Always finding a good spot. Not like these days, where people camp out from 7am.
    Cute Harry story, tt. You must be treating him better than his owner.  Any news from the new Pumpkin?
    Kar, your dress sounds lovely. Please try to post a picture, if you can. One question. Do you really need to wear spanx in this summer heat, especially with your new slender body?
    No plans in place for today. But that is sometimes good. Stripped UKS's bed this morning, so it will be nice and fresh for him. Did his bathroom yesterday and will vacuum and mop his floor, before I put his sheets back on.
    Have a good Sunday everyone. Chat later - I will be around.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, we posted at the same time, but I answered your spanx question as if I'd read your mind, lol. :)

I'm trying to post a photo, but the only pic that appears is that of the shoe even though I'm obviously choosing the dress.  Can't find the right color, but the blue will give you a good idea...well, that is if I can post it at all.  Frustrating!

Ah, the good old days of the easygoing fireworks event.  I went a few years ago, and it was fun, but a zoo.

Enjoy getting ready for UKS's arrival. Sounds like you're about done?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hey Kar, your shoe photo has turned into one of the dress!  You should certainly make a hit in that with those killer shoes.  It's summer, I think it will be totally appropriate without the stockings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I did hear from pumpkin's mom this morning.  She had sent me a couple of more pics of the baby and at the bottom, said please no posting on internet.  I emailed back no worry there, because with BDC's new pic function, I can't even post a pic of a beautiful lunch salad I put together - lol.  She emailed right back, "Oh, that wasn't meant for you, Nana.  Some of DH's fam have been posting every pic I send of the 19 mo. old and now the new baby, on Facebook of Twitter and I don't like it."  Have written back to see how the two "boys" are doing this morning, and in particular what #1's reaction is when he sees the new baby feeding!  I told her I can just see a bubble above his head that says, "Hey!  That's mine!"

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I get no pic of a dress, only the red shoe is still there.  Wanna see the dress!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gosh, people can be thoughtless about posting photos!  I wish I could post pics of the triplets and sister, but wouldn't, of course.  I know she didn't mean you, though, tt...it's a Facebook thing, people lose their senses somehow with that site!

hats, thanks for the affirmation!  I wonder how you can see the dress but tt sees the shoe.  Ugh, I don't even know how the dress got posted at all because every time I tried to post it the show popped up.  I'll experiment...

How much did he weigh, tt?  Did she have a good delivery?  Sounds like she's feeling relatively well if she's emailing and taking photos and such.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

This looks like the shoe me, but maybe the original shoe photo goes to the dress??  I can't find the color, Berry, that I have, but here it is (hopefully) in peacock blue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

No dress for me either. Same shoe. With this miserable photo posting, no one will ever know, what BDC will pick from your album.
    tt, I can just imagine the other set of grandparents are as excited as your family. But posting pictures w/o asking is a no-no in my book. I don't do Facebook or twitter. Plenty of my friends are upset about it. I always tell them, if they want to reach me, I have an e-mail address. I never understood, why it is so important to let the entire world in your every day life.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Omg, I saw the dress after the shoe got put in my pre-posted window.  Then, I edited the post before it and, bam, it became the shoe again so I posted the dress underneath.  Now I see TWO of the dress!  Who knows if the original shoe photo is a shoe or dress.

what the heck, bdc?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Try refreshing, Pingo, I have hope you'll see the dress, now.  Two of them, lol.

ETA:  nope, now I see two of the shoe!!!!!!!!!!  Never mind, I guess just hats will know for sure that I described it perfectly, LOL!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I see shoes - lots and lots of pics of a red shoe!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wowee!!  Now I see it!  Va va va voom, Kargiver!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Now I see the dress. It is gorgeous. You will definitely be a knock-out, Kar.
    It does look like the model is wearing pantyhose. The color of her legs matches her face (make up) but not her arms and chest. LOL
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I did manage to see the dress, but now it is back to the shoes. What the heck is going on, BDC?
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yay, at least the dress appeared at least briefly, and THANKS for the votes of confidence and enjoying it with me.  Imagine it in a deep but bright raspberry.  

I cannot explain the photo problem, but at least it seems that bdc only messes with pics you've chosen (even if you never actually hit post) in the post photo box, not random pics from your pc/device.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

And my shoes are black patent in case you are thinking how horrible raspberry and red would look, yikes!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Those shoes in red are something else.  I think you out to buy them (red) to go with the white dress you posed a while back.  What a knockout that would be!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I do love them in the red, and they sure would look snazzy with the white dress...very comfy and easy to walk in, too, if you can believe it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Crap, I missed the dress! Love the shoes! Kar I would go with spanx and no hose and I turned 40 this year. 

Friday's dinner turned out great with no rain to cool off the smoker. And yesterday was lovely with the girls and the rain held off until they were ready to leave. We are going to do again next month. 

Today will be laundry,  laundry and more laundry!  Hopefully  no thunderstorms will ruin my drying plans. 

Saw

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Dress is still up on my computer, SAW.  It's weird how some of us can see one pic, and others, depending I suppose on your server, see another.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I see the dress only = once on p. 11 and twice on p. 12... BDC has terrible programmers.  Amost as bad as those at Microsoft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Gorgeous dress. Just gorgeous.

I'm closer in age to hats than I am to you, kar, but I say can the Spanx.  Besides, it's summer. Those "foundations" can get hot (I tried wearing Spanx when they first came out years ago; I can barely wear a bra in the summer).

Out beyond the ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there. -- Rumi

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Now I can see the dress. You're going to be hot stuff. If I remember your DH isn't going,  once he sees you ready to go he's going to be sorry

Smile

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So weird about the pictures, but it seems everyone got at least a brief gander. I wish the party were tonight, I can barely wait to put it on now that you ladies have been so complimentary!  THANK YOU!!!  I will try the dress on without spanx, but honestly, guys, it's seriously form fitting...not sure I can look my best without just a little help, lol.  But, it is lined so we'll see.

DH is going, but he hasn't seen the dress yet...I want to come downstairs (it's hiding in the guest closet up there) in it when we're ready to go.  'Course, then we might be late, lol. ;)

I can't spill any details about the party until afterwards because it's a surprise for the recipient and I'd be in serious hot water if I let the cat out.  You never know who might be reading despite chances being slim.

We lost cable for a couple of hours, TV and Internet, today.  Weird.

The sky looks threatening; I've been out weeding and dead heading the lilies.  Got to get back out there and finish before I get soaked.

Hope you get the laundry caught up, SAW.  It's a good feeling to have full dressers and empty hampers. :)

Sections
Shortcuts