July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: July 2013

Wish my laundry were caught up - stripped bed and looked and no clean sheets.  Was just going down cellar to throw a wash in when DIL called, she and Lilly were on their way down.  Hurried to see what I could pull together for lunch for them, I had already eaten.  Had a couple of those Celeste pizzas in freezer, and enough veggies to make a huge salad, and then a pitcher of iced tea/lemonade.  Cookies and lemon loaf for dessert, and of course, always sugar cone and ice cream with jimmies for little Lilly.  They just left now, on their way back to Newton, with a stop on the way at some M.B. to pick up groceries.

DIL brought pics of Hawaii on her phone or IPad, or whatever it is, including the wedding they went to on the beach.  Nice break in my week-end, but now I do have to get a wash done.  Temps have definitely gone up here, not just from the oven being on, but outside too.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

So weird about the pictures, but it seems everyone got at least a brief gander. I wish the party were tonight, I can barely wait to put it on now that you ladies have been so complimentary!  THANK YOU!!!  I will try the dress on without spanx, but honestly, guys, it's seriously form fitting...not sure I can look my best without just a little help, lol.  But, it is lined so we'll see.

DH is going, but he hasn't seen the dress yet...I want to come downstairs (it's hiding in the guest closet up there) in it when we're ready to go.  'Course, then we might be late, lol. ;)

I can't spill any details about the party until afterwards because it's a surprise for the recipient and I'd be in serious hot water if I let the cat out.  You never know who might be reading despite chances being slim.

We lost cable for a couple of hours, TV and Internet, today.  Weird.

The sky looks threatening; I've been out weeding and dead heading the lilies.  Got to get back out there and finish before I get soaked.

Hope you get the laundry caught up, SAW.  It's a good feeling to have full dressers and empty hampers. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/14/opinion/sunday/dowd-the-tortured-mechanics-of-eroticism.html?ref=opinion

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

That's not a comment on your choice, kar. You have to do what's comfortable for yourself. I just thought it was a fun read, is all.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there. -- Rumi

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nice drop in visit, tt - sounds like a lovely lunch you whipped together, too, especially the lemon cake, one of my favorites.

Interesting, rdg.  I'm glad fashion today does not require an 18" waist.  I can't imagine breathing, sitting, or god forbid eating in anything that made that happen!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT wish you were my MIL ;-)  I'd be over every weekend. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, I wouldn't call it a lovely lunch, just something I could have ready in the 20 minutes they said they would be here.  I knew they wouldn't have eaten yet today and would be starving.  Guess it hit the spot, and I sent home a bag of cookies in a little white bag just the right size for Lilly to loop over her arm.  She thought that was best of all.  Funny, what pleases kids.

I'm grazing my way through a supper of sorts, watermelon, last of the chips, and now what?  Can't think of anything myself that I feel like.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think it sounded great!  It doesn't have to be all from scratch or take hours to prepare to be just right.

I'm grazing, too.  DH loses his appetite in the heat so isn't hurrying with the salad greens, lol.  I made the tuna to go with, and it's chilling.  In the meantime I've had a rice cake, leftover chicken thigh with honey mustard, and I intend to open a bottle of wine momentarily.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I topped off my supper with a cherry poptart and a glass of milk.  My stomach and mouth are very satisfied right now!  Good luck with yours.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Well I got 4 huge loads of laundry on the line but barely a half a load dried. It looks like they'll get a second rinse.There's one more in the machine and 2 more to wash tomorrow. But I haven't changed our sheets yet. I did wash the next size up for DD and put the newborn clothes in the too small bag. At 15 weeks she is only a pound bigger than DS when is was born. 

We're having burgers again, cooked inside since I don't feel like lugging everything outside and then trying to explain to DS why we can't  eat out. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't understand what that means - because they didn't get dry on the line you will put them through another rinse?  I used to leave sheets, and such out on the line overnight to whiten.

ETA:  Before I'm flooded with a buch of responses, I should add, I'm sure that's just an old wives tale, but I still used to do it.  Have no idea what would be in the night air to whiten them.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, poptarts are around when you have all those yummy homemade treats?  I guess sometimes only a poptart will do, lol.

SAW, she must have been a little peanut when she was born.  I was only 5 lb 2 oz, and my cousin born 5 days later was over 9 lbs.  At 6 months I was leaning against her in a photo, and I look like her doll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

TT, it looks like we might have a thunderstorm and therefore a second rinse in the rain.  I hope not but that's my guess.  Nothing will come in until tomorrow at lunch time if I'm lucky and DD takes a late nap.

Kar, DD was 7lb 6oz and DS was 10 lbs 9 oz. DD was 12 lbs on Friday at the doctor. It amazes me how different they are but so much the same at times. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You cat lovers will love this story.
    TXS sent me an e-mail this morning 2:30 am his time. We just had a leak in our house, so now I am waiting for the plumber. The joys of being a home owner!

So, I e-mailed him back this morning."How did you find out you had a leak in the middel of the night?" He wrote back. Their female kitty woke him up by scratching his arm and meowing up a storm. He send her out the bedroom door, but she kept scratching the door. He finally got up and she ran back and forth btw. him and their kitchen scratching the kitchen cabinet under the sink. That's how he found out. Good kitty!
    Fortunately the broken pipe is on the outside of the house, so minimal damage is done inside, but the entire wall is soaking wet  and have to be dryed out - maybe part of it replaced. So fortunate, they were not on the ranch for the weekend. Would have been a huge water bill.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SAW, wow, a 10+ lber - I hope you had a C-section!  Omg...I can't imagine.  7 lbs is a great weight, I think - not that you can control it, but if you could choose that's what I'd pick, lol.

Pingo, what a smart kitty!  Thank goodness the leak didn't continue all night.  Best to TXS dealing with the mess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello and good evening. I'm folding the last load of laundry, between the pool and the showers I have two towel loadday week. So I went to Kohl's today with a 20% off coupon and $20 Kohls cash and I bought seven shirts for $24.44. I'm never that lucky. Pingo what a great kitty you DS has. Tt, sounds like a delicious spread you put out on short notice.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

Winter, what a deal, $3 shirts is a thrift shop price for brand new!  

DH is on the road today and will be back tomorrow night...how about that for his return from vacation?!  :(

got to get the day going...get breakfast, pack lunch, make coffee, go to chiropractor, TJ's, and get Gracie to her 2:15 appt for bloodwork.  She had an appt for that last Friday that I totally spaced on and missed.  Can't miss today; her surgery is next Tuesday!

have a great week, everyone!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning.  Cheerio started her "time to get up" antics at 4:00 this morning, but I kept rolling over and managed to stay in bed til 7:00.  Love the story of your son's cat, Pingo.   I think cats are every bit as intelligent as dogs, particulary as far as alerting us to danger.  If I'm taking a very steamy shower, Cheerio gets very nervous outside the door, cries and claws at the door.

SAW, now I understand, it's because of the rain the clothes would be getting another rinse.  Wish we'd have some here, a good soaking rain, my plants are needing it.  I've taken care of the lugging jugs of water to the butterfly bushes, but the rest really needs a good soaking.

Winter that was a good deal at Kohl's.  I wait for 30% off sticker to come in the mail, and then head there for towels.  The last ones I bought are beautiful, thick and rich looking, BUT, they've been through the wash 6 or 7 times now and still my filter screen is covered with thread lint from them.  They still look good, but I don't like that much lint coming off them for that long a period of time.  What is it with quality these days?  Could it be the outfarming of goods to China where the quality controls aren't stringent?  Of course.

I want to pick up something for the new little peanut (6lbs.7oz. and only 19" long).  I know she has loads of clothes, I saw them all come in at the first baby's shower.  May just give her a check.  I don't know what they plan to do as far as sleeping once he gets out of the bassinet. Pumpkin has a beautiful crib, but what about this little guy.  Have to tell you, we have been emailing back and forth, and she said she teared up yesterday when she was feeding the baby, pumpkin came over and gave him a kiss on the head. 

I have planned errands to do today, but no rush to get out.  I have the whole day, and they don't have to get done today, so will lallygag around here and see how comfortable, or not, the day gets.  Chat later. 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, my friend with all the babies, lol, shops at Diapers.com and swears by its prices and selection.  Maybe a GC for there?

Cats are very smart, just more coy than dogs about showing it.  Dogs are show offs. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Awe tt how sweet what little pumpkin did. I only went to Kohl's because my Kohl's cash was expiring yesterday so I gave it a go. Maybe I'll get towels next time, got some from there a few years ago and they are still great.
    Kar, sounds like you have a busy morning. Sorry DH won't be back till tomorrow, chinese for dinner maybe?

- Darth Vadar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, I do feel Kohl's jacks their prices way up, so that when you go in with a coupon you feel as tho you are getting as really good deal - that being said, I have gotten some great deals on clothes for Lilly there.  I'm sure this year I'll head for there before the start of school for things for her again.  AND, I do like their towels, but really - these last ones I bought said the regular price was $22 each!  Does anyone pay that for one towel??  Can't remember what I ended up paying, they were on sale, and then the 30% off, plus Sr. discount (think it was a Tuesday).   I always buy ones that are on sale to begin with, so that I do end up getting a good price.  I just don't like the jacked up "original price".  -  Thinking of school start, next time DIL brings Lilly down, I think we'll head for there and I'll let her pick out some clothes.  She has aunts and nanas buying her things - yesterday showed me her silver sparkle flip flops, when her Nana showed me hers she had bought in Hawaii.  Typical little girl, loves the glitter.   - Speaking of which, I've never gotten Kohl's "cash" - don't you have to spend $100 at one time or something?

Today I have a coupon for BBB and may head out there in my round of errands for a new ironing board pad and cover.  Usually give those to DIL who buys a lot of things there.  I just never think of going there.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks for the .com, Kargiver.  Right now she has a room full of diapers in all sizes (remember her cookout 2 weeks ago with "bring diapers/wipes and get a ticket for a chance on the raffle" ?)  I'm thinking a contribution towards a second crib, or a bed for pumpkin.  She manages money very well, as does her mother, and she could just put it in an account for the baby if she chose.  The biggest decision is that poem.  Honestly, my brain is not off and running yet.  Afterall, I just wrote one 2 weeks ago for him before he was born.  What we do for one, however, we must do for the other - - - -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, every now and then they offer Kohl's cash. For every $50 you spend you get $10 Kohl's cash. I needed new shorts, capris, etc. so I spent over $100. As for pumpkin it's possibly that his crib turns into a toddler bed, then a full size bed, so maybe money for one for the littlest pumpkin's. Does Lilly get to wear regular clothes to school? DS wears a uniform, so that's reall all I get him for school, and shoes and sneakers. Though my mom usually will get him some jeans, etc. for his September birthday. I just ordered what I hope is the last of his school shirts. He usually gets two years out of the size and he just moved up to the L. I get navy pants usually at the Gap or Old Navy because he needs the adjustable waist.

- Darth Vadar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Lilly goes to public school, so she can wear anything.  Other son's kids go to OLA, so as your son, have a uniform.  Actually, because of when her birthday falls, September, Lilly goes from kindergarten or pre-school, to first grade this year.  It will be interesting, she is quite the little "helper".

I remember seeing their ad for spend so much, get Kohl's dollars.  I'll have to keep an eye out for that and remember when school clothes shopping time comes around.  Glad to help out Lilly's fam, money is tight there.  Maybe I'll see if her older bro can come the same day and if there's anything he can pick out for clothes.  Tried to take him the last time we went to Marshall's shopping, but typical male, didn't want any part of clothes shopping.  Picked him up a couple of things his mother chose, but no big response from him, with boys that age, clothes are just that, something to put on!  Give him another year or two and he'll be dressing to impress the "chicks"!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh ok, I had the families confused. You are a very good nanan. My mom usually gets DS his uniform pants, and then she hems them for me. My DS is pretty fashion forward with his regular clothes, think because he has to wear a uniform that he likes to show off his fashion personality when he can. He has several of the now fashionable plaid shorts. He started Celtics camp today, guess he was pretty nervous.

- Darth Vadar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMgosh, that's wonderful.  Do they go locally or do they have to go into Boston? 

Love that your son has his own fashion sense. 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

Sections
Shortcuts