July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: July 2013

There are a few locations of the camp. He is actually at the Celtics practice facility in Waltham.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That isn't too bad, not having to drive into Boston anyway.

My gosh the morning has gotten away from me, still in my robe.  Have to get off the computer and shower and dress, and decide whether or not I'm getting out for a couple of hours.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

TT, I think that if you want to get one outfit for the new pumpkin you should! It will be nice to have something that was only his. And maybe a big brother shirt for the big pumpkin?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That is a great idea, SAW.  Maybe I can find sort of matching prints/plaids.  All I had was a bag of the circus animal crackers for the biggest little guy.  Plan on bringing a tray of lasagna and a bag of scones out for the parents when we go.  I know the hit of the gifts will be G.T.'s quilt.  Pumpkin still sleeps with his.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Back from the morning errands earlier than usual since I really didn't need much at TJ's, and most of it was freezer/refridge so had to stuff it in the cooler asap and boogie home.  Gracie still hasn't come out of her opened crate.  Got her a new bed in anticipation of her surgery, and she seems to love it a little TOO much, lol.

Diapers.com has more than just diapers - good prices on lots of baby stuff...or so I hear.  

I often miss being close to real stores.  Worcester is somewhat of a hike, but, then again, anything would seems so after living on Rt 9 in Framingham.  Everything is relative!

I need to get MIL a ~$100 birthday gift.  Speaking of East, I think a trip to Natick is in my very near future.  Maybe a lunch with a friend while I'm there.  All Gracie wants to do is sleep, anyway, in this heat.  Even in the A/C because we keep it fairly warm, 77.  Too warm for her to have much get up and go.

Winter, how long is Celtics camp?  That is so cool - does he get to meet any Celtics players?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

TT, I second SAW's thought that one outfit just for baby brother would be nice.  I have two DDs and even with having tons and tons of baby girl clothes, there is always a need for some fresh things for a new baby.  Lots of DD1's clothes shrunk in the wash, or have faded and have lingering stains.  Fine for at home playclothes but not so great for those times I want both girls to look good like at a playdate, family party, taking pictures etc.   That said, I actually think your idea of giving a check along with a poem is perfect.  With a second baby there are definitely more expenses and a need to buy certain items like another crib, big boy bed etc. and with two young babies, they probably will need a double stroller.  I'm sure any contribution towards those things will be much appreciated!

We took the kids to a pool my parents belong to this past weekend.  SO much fun.  Both girls loved the water.  It was a zero entry pool so DD2 loved crawling in the shallow water and, by the end of the day, DD1 was jumping in off the side of the deep end (into my arms)!  Today both girls are at daycare/school while I am at work.  My office is typically kept very cold - I am one of the few women who work here and most of the men show up to work in heavy suits all year round so they like it cold - but this week is one of the few times that I am loving the freezing temperatures.  We have a/c at home but don't keep it super cold so it's at nice refreshing break to be at work today.

I need to go to Natick too because they have a Pottery Barn kids and I have a gift card there.  I looked online at a few things but the shipping prices are very expensive.  Cheaper to order it through the store even though it will be a pain to get there with both kids.  Maybe I will have to sneak out one night after bedtime...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just heard this gawd awful noise (obviously I'm not going out this morning!), looked out the window and it was a teen on I guess a motorized scooter - wasn't one of those segways, but a regular scooter, traveling at quite a good speed - Oh my gosh, here he comes back again, riding right down the middle of the street.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, it's a day camp from 8:30-3:00. I believe he should be meeting players. Each day there is a speaker first thing in the morning. His heart is really into basketball, of course he won't be tall. We are hoping he's at least 5'7, but with two shorties for parents we are not too hopeful.

- Darth Vadar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Had a nice relaxing Sunday. DH helped me plant my Mexican Petunias. They spread and have beautiful deep blue flowers. Picked up the soil for the palm at HD, but containers there were $$$. Will swing by Job Lots and hopefully get one or a more reasonable price. May meet you at BB&B, tt. My detergent pump for the kitchen is leaking, so I need to get a new one. You may want to look at their towels. I have bought all ours there. They last well. But I never buy towels w/o discount or coupons. BB&B has 20% coupons all the time. I get them in my e-mail. Another good place for towels is good old Costco. They don't have much of a color choice, but their towels are great. I bought plenty of them in a neutral color for my guest bathroom. That was 20 years ago, and they are still going strong.
    Imagine this. I have never been to a Kohls. Since you ladies are praising it highly, I think I will stop by, when I go to BB&B.
    Winter, do I ever feel your pool towel dilemma. When the boys were young and the pool was very active, I felt all I did was washing pool towels. We had 8 - 10 boys over almost every day during vacations. I lost several nice towels, b/c the boys took them home, when they were dripping wet. Then we made the rule, that they couldn't go in the pool, unless they brought their own towels. That made my life a lot easier for me. Hope DS will have a good time at the Celtics. Do you have to drive him to Waltham every day? Or can he take public transportation?
    Have to hit TJ's today as well. Need to stock up on UKS's favorites. His room is now spick'n span waiting for him. Will arrive Wednesday.
    Haven't gotten back in the swing thinking of dinners yet. If we get the expected heatwave this week, we may decide to eat out - or just have lots of salads, sandwiches and fruit. He will be here long enough, so I can make his favorite dishes. He is so easy to please.
    It is almost noon. Better get going before it gets really hot out.
    Have a great day.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't know how anyone can afford the shipping Pottery Barn Kids charges.  I vote for a post-bedtime trip. :)

rama, I bet you're not the only woman who usually hates freezing at work but is enjoying it today.  It's sooooo hot!  We, too, keep the house on the warm side with the air on.  Too expensive to keep it actually cool.

tt, there's a kid on a side road here who has one of those super noisy, smelly dirt bikes - it gets my ire up when I'm trying to have a nice, quiet walk with Gracie.  He stinks up the whole road with nasty exhuast, not to mention the painful noise.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just took a look at the temperature. It is already really hot out. Need to dash out anyway. :(
    Chat later.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's not a bike, it's one of those scooters that when I was a kid we used to propel with one foot on and one foot on the sidewalk, pushing along!  This one he just stands on and off he goes.

Sorry, Pingo, will miss you at BBB.  Getting near my soap time, and I'm really not an afternoon goer outer.  This has been a lazy start to a day, but that's OK, because tomorrow, and Friday I definitely have to get out early for appts., and Weds is the supposed day I'm getting together for lunch with my long lost "busy" friend.  We'll see. 

Off to fix a big salad now, and then settle down with iced tea for Y&R.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, DH took the week off to take him to the camp (he gets more vacation then I do). IMO 12 is too young for the public transportation he'd need to take. I think he'd have to get to Harvard Square and then a couple of buses.

- Darth Vadar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

I don't recall how old big pumpkin, but DS,who's 4, loves when DD as a matching outfit. Yesterday he helped me finding clothes the next size up and found an old pair of his camoflage PJs and immediately decided they should both wear camo pjs to bed last night.

They also make big brother little brother tee shirts and onsies, but you might need to order them. Or you could make your own with a short trip to Michaels?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to SAW73's comment:

I don't recall how old big pumpkin, but DS,who's 4, loves when DD as a matching outfit. Yesterday he helped me finding clothes the next size up and found an old pair of his camoflage PJs and immediately decided they should both wear camo pjs to bed last night.

They also make big brother little brother tee shirts and onsies, but you might need to order them. Or you could make your own with a short trip to Michaels?

Send some of your energy to me, SAW and I just might make some!  haha

Pumpkin is only 19 mos, still a baby himself, but she dresses him quite sportily.  Depends on where I get to before the week-end, as to what I can find.  May swing by the N Shore Mall on my lunch outing Wednesday.

So cute your 4 yr. old decided they should dress alike.  Thinking I might look for a couple of sporty caps for "the boys".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OH, do I ever recall those scooters, tt. We had a neighbor with two sons, that both had them. Up and down our street they went endlessly. They are actually illegal to drive on the streets. And they are dangerous. They can reach quite a speed and come so fast, that you could easily hit them, when you leave your driveway. I was not happy about it, but I did have to call the police once. They had two friends over - also with those scooters - and they played some game kicking a ball to each other in the middle of the street, while driving the scooters. After that, we didn't see them much, and they have since moved away.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

what happened to using your leg to propel a scooter?!

I'd get Chinese for tonight, Winter, but DH is bringing his boss home for dinner on their way to where they need to stay overnight for a morning meeting.  DH will leave his car here.  So, salad, chicken, and strawberry shortcake it is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Watching joggers slogging it by.  How crazy are they to run in this heat.  One guy went by earlier, and now is backtracking an hour later.  What punishment on their bodies.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Far too hot for outside exercise; not sure what goes through their heads.

just got back from Gracie's appt - she did great, hardly reacting at all with the blood draws.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Poor Gracie doesn't know what lies ahead for her.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ignorance is bliss.  Poor girl...we've got a week to go.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I"ll be heading out soon, but wanted to wish everyone a good night. Talked to DS on the phone and he seemed tired.

- Darth Vadar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Have a great night, Winter - hope he's a good tired. :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I hope so too, though we have to get his elastics changed out on his braces in about 45 minutes. I believe he is going with green and white for the celtics.

- Darth Vadar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How cute is that, Winter! (green and white bands)   I'll bet they really run them on the court.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

Sections
Shortcuts