July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: July 2013

Pingo, I have taken to shopping at 9 am on Sunday morning - also a good time at MB.  Cound not shop today, though, so it will have to be Tuesday afternoon. 

TT, I went through a fad for that Campanelle pasta shape, I believe it means 'little bells' but your description of a calla lily is a fine one.  DH likes Farfalle and I like the medium shells and Gemelli, so I haven't used campanelle for a while, maybe I will soon.  Glad the new little boy and his mother are doing well.

Waiting for Kar to report on the big event....

Yes, missing Tulip1954 and Icer.  Wonder if Icer is so busy making cakes that she has no time to post, this is certainly wedding cake time...glad SS is doing ok and hope she will soon be able to post herself.  Wonder if we will ever hear from MM and Amber again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Seems like everyone had a nice weekend. I had a concert Saturday night (Bon Jovi) and he was great as usual. Yesterday did laundry and made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

almost couldn't post at all this morning, but finally got in before I have to leave (seconds left).

haven't caught up, but wanted to say hello and that the party and family time was great - thanks for all your well wishes and thoughts!  

Hoping everyone else's weekend was fab, too, with all your families and celebrations.

Will try a photo later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Crawled back in bed for one more quick dream this morning, and just got back up a half hour ago.  Comfortable so far.  Still wishing for a good soaking.  You and I must just live far enough apart, Pingo, that you got the thunder shower the other day, but we, so far, haven't gotten any.  I WANT RAIN - do the Gods hear me?

Saw Kargiver's post that all went well at the party, so that's good news, and Winter, nice that you got to go to another concert.  Bon Jovi always puts on a good show.

Thinking of pancakes this morning, maybe blueberry, or maybe I'll make a quick blueberry coffee cake.  That would be good.  Have to check and see if blueberries are still plentiful this week when I shop and stock on my freezer supply.  Have been sprinkling them on my cereal.

Yes, Hats, Icer must be out straight with weddings/graduations and such.  I asked SS too if she had heard from her, and she hasn't.  Cakes and busy with their little GS, I imagine.  I've put out so many pleas to mm and heard nothing, that I'm afraid she's not a regular reader any more.  Wish her the best, and hope she is surrounded by family that's in good health also.  We haven't heard from Tulips in a while.  I know Amber has both Kargiver's and Winter's email addresses, so she may be keeping in touch with them separately.

My stomach is growling here, so I'm off to fix whatever I can quickly - oh no, not another poptart?  Went to toast some bread I had bought at Trader Joe's Thursday, and it was moldy.  Glad I put my glasses on before I popped it in the toaster.  It was almost like a sourdough bread, so I should have known to refrigerate/freeze it.

Will check in later.  Thinking of going school clothes shopping for Lilly at a couple of stores.  Should be a good time to pick up some of the summer stock on sale that's always good for the first couple of weeks of school.  She goes up to first grade this year, and her mom tells me she loves dresses, so will see what I can find.  Going to check the weather for the week and see if there's a day not humid and no thunder storms, and see if my cousin wants to take a ride up to Kittery with me.  Always find stuff up there, maybe not as good prices as my bargain hunting down here, but I know there's a kids' Old Navy up there.

See you later -

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Your cake sounds good tt.

I have ordered some new uniform shirts and gym uniform and I'm waiting for them to arrive through Lands End. We can either get the embroided stuff from there or the uniform store. I find the quality of the clothes last about two years from Land Ends. (polos and gym shirts), much longer then the stuff from the uniform store. So I figure unless something strange happens, these are the last shirts I will have to buy. Pants are Navy Blue and I usually get those at either Old Navy or the Gap, since they have the adjustable waist and he has a very small waist, but needs the length. DS has even more chapters on his first book (Heat), he'll need to finish up his notes and then next week he'll start his last book (My Brother Sam is Dead). We leave for DC/VA on Friday, the 2nd and we'll drive about 3.5-4 hours and probably stay in NJ for the night then head out first thing for DC. We are due back August 11th.

- Darth Vadar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Good to hear your party and family interactions went well, Kar. I am sure, you must have gotten plenty of compliments on your dress.
    I know, you like to go to Kittery, Maine - tt. But if you have ever tried to go to the Wrentham Outlets, which is the about the same distance (actually 10 minutes less), just in the other direction, you would forget about Kittery. Wrentham has many more nice stores and is all in one place. You don't need to keep hopping back and forth on Rt. 1 and find parking every time. People are also talking about the new Outlets in Merrimack. I haven't been there yet, but they tell me it is even better than Wrentham. I believe it is an enclosed mall.
    Funny you didn't have any thunder showers, tt. We live so close, but apparently far enough that the rain missed you. Once, when I was a child, the rain line was right in the middle of our yard. The back yard got soaked, but the front lawn got nothing.
    Busy morning cooking for tonight. Hope to have everything done by noon. Still have to go and get fresh baguettes later this afternoon.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hunger took precedent over baking and I ended up frying a couple of eggs, once over lightly, and having them with a slice of lemon bread I took out of the freezer, and a LARGE cup of coffee.  Funny, when my friend gave me these two huge cups for Christmas, I thought of them as soup cups, but now every once in a while I fill them up to the brim with coffee in the morning, and it's just what I need.

See, we're different, Pingo, in many ways.  I've been to Wrentham with my Newton DIL a few times, and the stores are not my kind of stores.  I've bargained hunted all my life and their prices, are way too high for me.  I'm still a Marshall's/T.J.Maxx shopper, especially for kids.  Can find the name brands there at a third of the price.  It's not cheap quality, just cheap prices.  Anyway, I also enjoy the drive to Kittery, getting a lobster roll at Bosn's Landing, and I don't mind the hopping from little mall to mall, with a drop in to Yummy's for candy.  My cousin has been to the malls at Merrimack, and I will ask her for a comparison, what she thinks.  I usually do well at the Eddie Bauer outlet in Kittery, getting a year's supply of their tops per trip.

Anyway, almost 10:00, and I haven't gotten an email from G.T. yet, and I haven't showered or dressed yet.  A nice breeze has picked up, so a good day for getting out there and doing my poking.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, I don't know where my son and DIL get their kids' OLA uniforms, I know when they first started there she told me there was a certain place they had to get them, and certain shoes they had to have (?).

Sounds as tho your son is making good headway on the equired summer reading.

People across the street have finally hired someone to mow their lawn.  What a racket, it's the biggest mower available for residential mowing, I think.  With the lawns all as dry as they are, it's kicking up a lot of dust, but the lawn looks a lot better already.  Speaking of which, I'm not satisfied with this guy doing mine.  Will definitely look around early before next season and find someone else.  Still no mulch put down.  I let my son know this, since he is paying the guy, don't want him shelling out money for mulch I never got.  Sticky situation because he does my son's lawn, and his kids go to school with my son's kids.  Doesn't mean I have to like the job he does, but does mean to me anyway, that I have to stick with him through this season.

OK, I'm off and getting ready -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

It was pouring in Peabody and Danvers that afternoon, but it didn't last that long. When the rain stopped, the intense humidity returned (for a few hours). This was @3:30 - 4pm Saturday.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there. -- Rumi

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I think the writer of today's Love Letter needs an intervention from some of the long-marrieds here. Seriously.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there. -- Rumi

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Lucked out with my shopping this morning.  Since most of it had gotten away from me, hour-wise, just headed to shop one store only, and it turned out to be T.J. Maxx, where I haven't been in a couple of months at least.  Found a dress, a pair of jeans, and two tops for Lilly, a book for GD who bakes cookies with me, and a new ironing board cover for myself.  All that and made it back in time for Y&R and the couple of cliff hangers they left us with today.  Hoping the dress I got for Lilly is OK for school, since it has spaghetti straps.  It's a pretty blue cotton print with white polka dots, has a cinched waist with a fancy belt, and the skirt is ruffled layers.  I'm thinking she will love it, so even if not appropriate for school, she can keep it to wear to non-school things.  The fact that the fabric is cotton, I think, makes it pretty suitable for most anyplace.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Far behind on chores and haven't caught up much yet, but looking forward to reading the weekend goings on.

tt, hope you find blueberries - they should still be going strong.  Have fun shopping.  I like different outlets for different purposes.

Winter, can't beat Lands End; he'll probably outgrow those before they wear out.

here goes nothing with a photo...

ETA: never mind; it switched back to an earlier one, and I'm not messing with it - no time!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You looked beautiful, Kargiver!  Stunning.  How did the shoes work out?  Hoseless?  Glad there were no upsets and that everyone had a good time.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You saw the real photo?  Yay, thanks!!!  The shoes worked out great, but unfortunately no full length, shoes included shots.  No hose, no Spanx, no bra!  It was like I was wearing pajamas, honestly. :)

ok, tt saw it so maybe I should try, again

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

My oh my!  I see it!  Bet you got a lot of compliments on that...

ETA: The photo changed after I posted the above!  The first one I saw was a photo with balloon and face obscured, the second one is one taken at home in front of the wood stove from last week.  Spooky bad b.c!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, hats!  

I think if you refresh enough times it will switch back and forth.  Sometimes I see the new, sometimes the old, but I don't change the post.  Argh! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I see the red dress. You look great!. W/o any tight undies, you must have felt so comfortable. Love the simple necklace. It is not overpowering the dress. These days everyone wear large and bold jewelry. Jut look at the TV anchors.
    Did finish all my cooking and I am pOOped. Still need to get fresh corn and baguettes. Hope I can twist DS's arm, to go and pick it up. Company is coming at 6, and I was hoping to lay down for a bit before.
    Just took a break. Need to clean up the kitchen.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Your nap is already taken care of, Pingo.  I laid down on the l.r. couch about 3:00 and snoozed for 20 minutes.  You should feel very refreshed!  lol  Who's coming for supper tonight?

Couldn't get up the ambition to do the baking I wanted to use up the light cream - good thing today wasn't the day I chose to drive to Kittery, I never would have been able to do all that walking, or drive home!  Finally had  bowl of rice chex with blueberries and milk, there the blueberries I wanted have been eaten!

Emailed my DIL to let her know there were things here for Lilly, next time they were out and around.  I'll check a couple of other stores too, did very well last year for her kindergarten clothes at Kohl's at a sale plus 30% off day.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Pingo, yes, I was a comfy as if I'd been in PJs.  Funny, my jewelry is the only thing I don't have to think about - I always wear the same earrings, cross necklace, and, of course, the wedding set.  I had meant to wear the pink ring DH got me one year for Christmas but forgot; that's the only thing I don't wear every day.  Indeed, I have seen the big, bold, acrylic jewelry, reminiscent of the 80s.  I wasn't ever a fan, lol.

So nice of you to nap for Pingo, tt. :)  Sometimes you just need a slower day...glad you could take it.

Tomorrow is Gracie's big day with the surgeon.  8 am drop off.  Then, friend with 3 yo and trips is coming over with the brood for lunch for the first time since the boys were born.  That will be fun and take my mind off Gracie...a little. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

My AZ niece's two boys (14 and 17) are visiting their grandparents in Boston. So we are having them plus both sets of grandparents for dinner/cook out tonight. They are going back home tmw. I had to make two different lasagnas. Besides being a vegetarian, my BIL doesn't eat garlic and onions (a new kick of his). And my veggie sauce is loaded with it. So I made a large pan w/ my sauce and one small pan w/ just plain tomato sauce from a can.
    DH will be grilling corn and I have made some foil packages w/ "camp fire veggie" to throw on the grill as well.
    I found a recipe for a Rhubarb/Strawberry upside down cake. It smells just heavenly. Will serve it w/ vanilla yogurt.
    I am glad, tt, that you got to nap for me, b/c I didn't get to it. I am going to hop in the shower. Hopefully that will freshen me up. Enjoy your evening.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Kar, that dress is stunning!  Knee length or full?  What was the occasion again?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Enjoy, Pingo.  Nice of you to have them all.  Dessert sounds delicious.  Let us know how it comes out.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, what a lovely dinner you have planned and so good to accomodate...too bad you need to.  Camp veggie packs take me WAY back to trips to the coast with my grandparents and our grilling at the public park sites.  Enjoy!

Thanks, Nov!  the dress is knee length.  I don't have a good full length pic of me wearing it, but if bdc didn't switch it there's a pic earlier in the month of a model wearing a peacock blue version of the same dress.

I never mentioned the occassion because it was a surprise and you never know who's reading!  It was my MIL's 75th surprise birthday party.  :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. I had a migraine so I went home yesterday.Back to work today with it still lingering a little, but much much better then yesterday.

- Darth Vadar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Sorry about your headache, Winter.  At  least it wasn't bright out when you went to work today, I always found the light made it so painful to really open up my eyes.  Hope it goes away in a couple of hours.  I slept in a little later than usual.  Once I laid down last night my hip really began to ache, in fact that whole leg.  I did quite a bit of bending/stretching cleaning and polishing kitchen appliances last night, and while that may be good for arthritis, the bursa and sciatic nerve don't like it.  I'll be out and about this morning and after a bit, hopefully it will ease up.  To ibuprofen or not to ibuprofen -  depends on the level of pain when I'm ready to leave the house.

Had a nice encounter with a lovely girl at the checkout yesterday - nice people are everywhere, you just have to be open for an encounter.  As she was ringing up the clothes she said, "Oh, is it your granddaughter's birthday?"  I told her no, that actually I had bought the things as school clothes for a GGD, and she said, "Oh, that's so nice.  My grandmother always used to buy me things too. I miss her so much.  I wish I could see her more, but she lives in Brazil and doesn't like to fly.  Besides, it's pretty expensive flight."  She went on chatting a few minutes, and I told her I was sure her grandmother missed seeing a lovely granddaughter like her,  just as much.

Have to check again and see if my breakfast visitor is out there.  Maybe choc chip pancakes for breakfast this morning - for me that is!  Chat later.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt