July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: July 2013

She's doing great, yes, thanks, but her leg usage has to be kept to an extreme minimum for the first 2 weeks so she is basically crate-ridden, anyway.  No problem going out, just not sure when she might have to go and need me.  She's usually like clockwork, now it's a total guess.  Her bruising and swelling have both subsided.  I did just put a call in to the surgeon, though because despite everything looking great, her nose started running this morning and she's breathing a little heavy - both possible signs of pain, but I've been giving her the prescribed dosages of pain meds.

I hope all the tests prove no permanent damage for your SIL, Pingo, and that DS adjusts to the glasses and vision issues without many more headaches.  I know how that is; I usually get headaches when I need a new glasses prescription; it's my first inkling, actually.

You've got me craving both lamb and asparagus, lol, I'm so impressionable. :)

tt, going out for lunch before you get your tooth done?  I'd make hay while the sun shines if I were you!  Get your favorite.

Speaking of which, I just took Gracie out, and all she did was pee, but I'm going out for a sandwich.  Now, she's resting in her crate, again, her choice.  She's got 3 beds...guess the nicest one in her crate really is the most comfy.  I thought she might want to lie in front of the stove to look out the back, but I suppose it's better she doesn't; who knows what might wander through the back yard.  Last night, a coyote did; thank God she slept through it and DH knew enough to keep still!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, tooth was rebuilt to the tune of $320, but I guess that is cheaper than having a crown.

No trauma with the tooth (other than the payment), but had created a little elsewhere to offer up - getting back in the car after dropping mail in mailbox, closed my hand in the door.  By the time I got to the dentist, even after stopping in a convenient store for a cold water bottle to hold on it, it was the size of a goose egg.  They gave me a bag of ice that I held on it during the dental procedure, and it has gone done a lot, but still is an ugly mess.  Luckily, didn't break the skin.  Got home and broke up a couple of brownies to eat for solace.  - And how has your day gone??

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Omgosh, tt, are you sure you didn't break your hand?   Gald you could get the tooth rebuilt with no root canal other than that to your wallet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, it's not broken, I can move it and my fingers fine.  I'm a little sick to my stomach tho, combination of the novacaine and trauma, I guess.  Changing into nightgown and robe early tonight.  Have morning appt tomorrow, but we'll see what the morning brings.  This is when I'd like to be taken care of a little bit - "Can I get you anything, hon? Want some soup heated up?"

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I broke my leg when I was 12, got a huge goose egg, and I didn't realize it was broken despite the pain, and I walked on it until it healed because it happened at camp and I knew if I complained to the nurse she'd see it and send me home.  I know it was broken, now, though, because a doctor confirmed that the permanent divet in my tibia was due to a healed fracture.  However, that being said, I hope you continue to be sure tomorrow that you didn't break it.  Just a heads up that you might be able to use even if there is a small fracture.  Oh, and I was nauseous, too, the day I did it - I almost threw up on the spot, actually. I remember it vividly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh TT!  how awful.  Keep icing, it's important.  I believe it should be just 20 minutes, let it warm up, 20 mins again.  Don't keep the ice on until it gets warm, it's the suddenness of the changes that helps.

I am so sorry you have to go all through this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, I tried to upload a photo as a 'get well' wish but lousy BDC wouldn't let me.  Said it was larger than 9 mb.  It was 777 kb - less than .10 of the allowable size.  But consider yourself wished.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, thanks, Hats.  I am keeping up with the icing - inside and out - just had some checkerboard Hoods ice cream!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

oooh, checkerboard!  I just had honeydew melon, though...I overindulged this weekend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have watermelon, strawberries and blueberries I have to cut and put in a bowl.  Still in wrappers, was in anticipation of week-end company.  I'll have to take care of it tomorrow.  Wrapped and froze everything but one scone and the dish of brownies tonight.

Thunder here, even tho the sky is mostly blue.  You can hear it booming and rolling in the distance.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, my hand aches thinking about your ordeal.  I smashed my thumb in the car door once...I can practically feel it throbbing in that bowl of ice water.

It's a good night - Gracie finally decided it was necessaey evil to p00.  Talked to the doctor and found out she probably isn't constipated (I kind of suspected since she's taking Miralax); she knows it hurts to bend and bear weight on her knee like that so she holds it.  So, I guess I'll not walk her as often knowing that when she finally must go she'll tell me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Hand looks much better this morning.  Swelling is way down and the massaging I did when it first happened, has dispersed the blood so that there isn't significant bruising.  I'm feeling worn out tho, and will cancel the appt. I have this morning.  Want to be in tip top shape tomorrow when my little cookie baker comes - bright and early - her father said, around 9:00.  Had a nice cup of real coffee (no decaf this morning) and the one scone I didn't freeze (have taken another out to thaw in its place for ready eating), and watching reruns of Millionaire Listings of LA.  Love those programs and enjoy the reruns as much.  No grim news this morning for me.  Today will be a day of leisure, with maybe a store trip thrown in later to search for a craft to pull out for GD and me to work on after the butterflies and tulips come out of the oven with their candy sprinkles.

How is little Gracie doing this morning, Kargiver?  Always feel so badly for animals who can't really tell us how they're feeling.

My Harry was out there at 6:00 this morning, and last night I was rewarded with the giant hare munnching away at what it is, I don't know.  Something along the edge of the grass  he finds delectable.  I look, and don't see anything special.  The night before right around supper when the birds were all at the feeder, I looked out and there was the teeniest tiny bunny (not a hare) nibbling at leafy weeds growing around the area of the feeder.  He was so tiny, all alone.  Is the hare his father - or are they two different species?

Back to my program and finish off the coffee in the coffee press.  Hope you all have as relaxing and enjoyable day as I plan.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Ouch tt with your hand. Hope it feels better today. tt, I bet you and Lily's cookies are going to be beautiful. Kar, how's the patient this morning?

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, glad it is better.  Keep icing, though, so that you will be able to bake those cookies!  I am working today, so everyone have a good day...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good day hats.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Hats and Winter.  Just iced it again while watching TV.  Feels and looks pretty good.  I'm sure nothing is broken.

Just got an email from Lilly's nana and she, her dau and the kids will stop down Sat afternoon.  Plan is to go shopping and see if the older two can find a few things for school.  Once you get to their ages, 12 and 17, that's the only way you can buy clothes - they have their own sense of style.

9:30 and I'm still not dressed, that's a novelty for me!  Always afraid of getting caught with someone coming to the door tho, so think I've pushed it far enough and will hop to it now.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

tt, what a relief your hand is far better today.  Was praying your bone was a-ok.  After all that stress and all the massive cleaning you've been doing you definitely must need a restful day of leisure.

thank you, everyone, for keeping Gracie in your thoughts and prayers and always asking about her.  I feel very supported!  No nightmares last night. :)  She is doing great.  No swelling, hardly any bruising...if any.  She's still not thrilled to get up and moving in the morning or to do her business, but I know better than to walk her 1000 times hoping she will.  She will when she gives up and goes.

My stove is coming TODAY!!  I'm so excited I could burst.  And, it will definitely fit.  The cabinet I thought would make it very dicey isn't actually part of the cabinet; it's a 3" facade that can easily be trimmed by the 1/8" it comes out beyond the granite.  I still see loads of Thermador ads - sorry, Charlie, I'm not buying anything else, lol.

have a great day at work, hats.  

Winter, you must be getting antsy for vaca now that you are all packed and ready to go.

Pingo, enjoying the peace and quiet for awhile?  

What glorious weather!  I wish I could take Gracie somewhere to enjoy it, but I guess I'll have to settle for breakfast out alone.  I'm starving...where to go, where to go.  The delivery window is 12:30 - 4:30.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I would not dare to leave the house, just in case they came early.  You can always go out for breakfast tomorrow. Speaking of breakfasts tho, I keep thinking of the last breakfast burrito I had out at the little diner in Peabody.  It was so good.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Glad to hear your tooth is all fixed, tt, w/o going through the pain of a root canal. I am more worried about your hand. Make sure you keep icing it, even though you feel it is better. DH once slammed the car door on my hand, it swelled up to a balloon. Went to ER. It wasn't broken, so they gave me ice and put it in a sling holding on to my shoulder. It took a long time, before I could use it w/o pain.
    Seems like Gracie is on the mend and doing well.
    Had a bit of a down day yesterday. Always happens, when the boys leave. Have a few errands this morning, then on to work.
    Have a good day everyone. Chat later.

Ps. tt, rabbits and hares are two different species. Hares are larger and have longer ears. Also Rabbits usually hide in their burrows during the day time, while hares are out in the open. So if you see it during the day it is probably a hare.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

G.T. must be having a slow day in work, we've been emailing back and forth re possibility of getting me onto (and off) their friend's boat at Lake Winnie!  (This is the week-end they go up there to spend the week-end on the boat).  Hilarious pictures we're conjuring up here.  He sent me a pic of them last time, his partner on the dock, securing the boat to the pier, and asked, "Do you think you could jump?"  I told him no, but I could lean across, grab hold of the boat railing with my hands, letting my feet drop into the water, then scramble up the side - and when the three of them stopped laughing and got themselves up off the floor, they could haul me the rest of the way up! 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, thanks, I did consider that, but I'll be back and hour and a half before the window, and with our stove pulled out, I can't make breakfast.  In anticipation of doing the cleanse I've eaten all the cereal and milk, and basically have nothing left!  I'll have my phone and will only be 10 minutes away.  But, I better leave now!

I know what you mean about "quiet house" post a fun visit, Pingo.  He'll be back soon. :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

I would not dare to leave the house, just in case they came early.  You can always go out for breakfast tomorrow. Speaking of breakfasts tho, I keep thinking of the last breakfast burrito I had out at the little diner in Peabody.  It was so good.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

Is that that little place downtown that looks like a caboose?

That place is awesome.

For elegance, a special occasion, try 9 Elm in Danvers. The fawn is taking me there on my birthday.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to reindeergirl's comment:

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

Is that that little place downtown that looks like a caboose?

That place is awesome.

For elegance, a special occasion, try 9 Elm in Danvers. The fawn is taking me there on my birthday.

No, it's Artie's Diner on Lynnfield St.  I stop in there whenever I've had to go for an early blood fasting draw.  Delicious food, at least the breakfast menu which is all I've ever gotten there.  A lot bigger than it looks from the outside, has sort of an "L" shaped dining.  Always full of regulars.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just got back stuffed and happy. :)  Had the best Eggs Benedict I've EVER had.  Didn't know it could be elevated to that level of absoulute perfection.  House made to order creamy, lemony, Hollandaise sauce, perfectly poached eggs (not too runny, not too hard), and grilled English muffin - all done at the same time and hot.  Delicious home fries to boot.  Not a SCRID was left on my plate.  Are you all drooling?  Sorry!  Can't say I'd have shared, though, you'd have had to get your own! ;)

Gracie fared well.  Since she hasn't shown a particle of interest in licking her staples I left her cone off for the hour I was gone.  This is going so much better than it did the first time...omg, it was horrible.

I'm in a serious food coma...maybe I'll take a nap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just googled 9 Elm and watched the youtube video - scrumptious looking food.  Looks like a little too much food for me, per serving, but hey, you can always bring home a doggie bag.  Could never eat that pork chop!  My gawd it's the size of a small pork roast!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

Sections
Shortcuts