July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: July 2013

Quel coinkidink, I can see 9 Elm from my current location....thanks for the tip.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Looks as tho they don't open until 4:30 tho - - ?

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I bring lunch so it's mostly useful for the future - we occasionally go to Sylvan Street for supper but it would be another choice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

still no stove...no problem, though, because it won't be hooked up, anyway, so no rush.

my breakfast was so good I asked the cook what is schedule is - no one else will be trusted to repeat that level of Eggs Benedict perfection.  Good news, he works Mondays, chiropractic day.  

Sat out in the shade (Gracie's being shaved means no prolonged sun) out front for awhile until she tired and wanted to go back in her crate.  It was nice to see her want to be out and sniff her world in the grass, again; she must feel better.  The worse she feels the more likely it is that she's in her crate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Did the stove finally arrive, Kar?
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The stove is here, and it is a piece of art.  Can't wait for it to be hooked up.  DH will have to trim the facade piece of wood before we can slide it in for the gas guy to hook it up.

gracie has turned a corner wanting to be out of her crate today.  She was good with the delivery guys, coming out a minute to see what was going on then going back in her crate to stay out of the way and not get out unleashed.  But, other than that and my breakfast excursion she's chosen to be out here on her daytime bed. Of course, this is great, but she has another full "critical" week of no walking outside other than using the restroom...she's crying at the back door to go out with DH as I type.  Before today she's felt too awful to bother.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Such good news for the patient as well as the new stove. Uhu! I would be besides myself w/ excitement too, Kar.
    I need a new microwave/convection oven. The fan on mine is iffy. I use it mostly as a convection oven, and today it stopped running in the middle of me baking haddock. So I had to stop it and move it to my large oven. Unfortunately the dish I used was too large for the toaster oven.
    It has been "sick" for some time now, but it keeps starting again. Unfortunately it is a build in, so I can't just go and replace it.
    When will yours be hooked up? And what are you going to cook on it the first time?
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, that's too bad your fan died and left you in the lurch for your fish.  Are you shopping now?  Convection microwaves are great.

dh got the cabinet facade shaved down perfectly so the range will fit.  The gas guy needs to come.  Not sure when.

haven't gotten as far as thinking about what I'll cook first - I'm just thrilled I'll be able to cook two or three or, gasp, even 4 things at once if I want!  No more shuffling pots and pans to burners with more or less heat.  They all have a full range of low to high, and they have more room for each burner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I just got back in after what was to be a quick trip to S&S.  Came out from there and the car wouldn't even click.  Called my Peabody son - no answer on cell - called landline - no answer.  Finally he called back, my GS had heard the phone.  He came out, checked it out, and called AAA for a tow truck, which took 2 1/2 hours to come, and the tow co they used was from Revere.  We were at the Route 1 S&S.  Had it towed to my garage, called and l/m on their phone, and son drove me home.  We both think it probably is the starter.  So, tooth, hand in door, finger in trunk (which by the way is soo stiff tonight, that's why I'm typing now, probably won't be able to tomorrow), and now the car - do I dare move out of the house any more?

Will be baking with GD tomorrow if I can manipulate left hand and right finger - oh my.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT you are having a time of it!  Sorry to hear about the car, it's always the way that everything happens at once.  Sorry you have to go through this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Morning,

Waiting for 7:30 for the garage's opening time to call and talk with them.  Got up during the night for a no-no ibuprofen, so comfortable this morning.  Cookie ingredients in bowl ready to be mixed into dough to chill.  Rolling out will be fun, think it's a good time for GD to try her hand at that instead of just the fun part of cutting out and sprinkling sugars.

Don't plan on leaving the house today, so we'll see what mischief I can get into here.  Hope you all have a good day.  Feel as tho it's a Friday - guess it's been that kind of a week for me.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, tt, what a time.  I am sure one ibuprofen once in awhile won't be so bad and the rest and pain relief outweighs the risks of taking one.   Best with the car, hand, and cookie making!

our patient is feeling better and getting restless.  keeping her quiet the first week was hardly a challenge; now, though, she's bored stiff.

having the stove sitting in the middle of the kitchen is torture on so many levels!  Getting it all squared away, though, and it will all be worth it. :)

have a blessed day, everyone - kind of feels like Fall...

ETA:  Just had to put Gracie's cone on; I guess her staples and/or fur growing back are starting to get itchy.  That stinks because she can't get to her crate water dish with it on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

The onion rings from the Arti'e Diner online pics look fabulous. The fawn and I shall have to ride our bikes there and enjoy as much as we can eat of their luscious foods.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there. -- Rumi

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, wow when it rains it pours. Hope you are feeling better and that the cookie baking goes as planned. Kar, cool that your stove is in, not so much that it's in the middle of the kitchen. Pingo, sorry about the microwave troubles.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    tt, sorry to hear about all your troubles. TG you got hold of your son. Stranded on Rt.1 in the evening is no fun. If DS has AAA, maybe you could piggy-back on his. Hope this doesn't turn into another unexpected major expense for you - like the tooth. Well, they say "it comes in three" - so I think you will be safe now to leave your house. Are you still icing your hand? Try to keep it elevated as much as possible. Good for you to let your GD roll out the dough. Hope she won't lose interest though doing the "hard" work as well.
    Seems Gracie's surgery went much easier this time around. Only 5 more days left of the second week, so there is light at the end. How are you managing w/o a stove, Kar? Lots of smoothies?
    Winter, just a few days more and you will be off to Washington.
    My microwave fan decided to work again this morning. DH promised he will take a look at it over the weekend. I use the convection oven a lot for baking. Cakes - f. ex. - come out higher. But it is no good, if I can't trust it. Yesterday was fish and I could manage to finish it in the other oven, but if it had been a cake, it would probably have been ruined.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

DIL just came to pick up GD to go to a friend's in Rockport, right on the beach - Nana can't compete with that - but we had a nice morning.  Cookies, teddy bears and bear paws were decorated and looked elegant on a clear plastic plate, wrapped in Saran.  Off they went with them.  In between I got out a book of "teddy bear" paper dolls I had bought in an antique store, and cut out some more of the zillion costumes they had for each one.  Whereas last time I brought them out she was too young and impatient, today she enjoyed them, tho I did the heavy cutting out.  It's a beautiful book (collector's, really) and has a lot of little blurbs about what the bears are doing while wearing each set of clothes.  I suggested she might make a book out of the blurbs, with illustrations of her own.  That's our project for next time.  In the meantime, I will be cutting, cutting, cutting.  A labor of love.

Hands are giving me no pain so far today.  Terribly ugly hand, but not painful, so what more can I ask.

No word from garage as yet, but then I'm not expecting any until the end of the day.  There were a lot of cars already waiting for repair when we left mine off.  Will ask his opinion too about the condition of car, whether worth fixing or whether it's time to let it go and perhaps rent one - do they rent cars to people my age?  Asked my son and he is going to look into it.

Bet you can't wait to get the new stove hooked up and running, Kargiver.  Such a tease to have a new toy and not be able to play with it!

Maybe your microwave is going to behave itself, Pingo.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a relief your hand is essentially ok, tt - what a scare.  And, what a morning you had; I hope someone is taking pictures for posterity. These times go by so fast.

Pingo, sounds like a simple shorted wire...maybe an easy fix.

Yes, thanks - Gracie IS recovering far, far, far better this time.  So happy; I was very nervous it would be another recovery from hell.

I should have given more thought sooner about what would be cooked first because it's HOOKED UP!!!  The gas company literally rushed over the minute I called at 9; he was here at 9:30.  Such a nice person, too.  I'm so pleased with it I could burst.  He confirmed that for what I use it for it is not just the best, per se, but the only one with the flexibility on the range top I need.  So, that made DH feel even better, not that he didn't trust my searching, but you know.  

Should I try a photo?  Why not, lol.  I took one with the burners all at different levels, but they all have the whole BTU range from simmer to HIGH.  If the photo is wrong, refresh a time or two and that should make the correct one appear.

Oh, and I cooked two eggs, lol, not too fancy, but I did notice that they turned white very uniformly, no hot or cold spots thanks to the star shaped burners.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's a beauty, Kargiver.  Have fun cooking on it.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What a beauty, Kar. You must be such a delighted owner. Two eggs. Did you fry them? Well, it is a start. I am sure plenty of culinary delights will follow the eggs. In DH culture it is good luck to cook rice on a new stove. I know, you are on a cleansing diet, and I am sure rice is prohibited, but you could always cook some and freeze them for later.

Glad to hear your hand was behaving during your GD's visit, tt. It is probably "just" a bruise. It will take time to dissipate. How did your GD do with the rolling out the dough? Did she actually do it, or did you take over? Why no cookies for Nana?

Off I go to the office. Chat later.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, my friends!  I can cook and eat rice - I'm not on cleanse yet and might not do it at all this year.  Yay!

(glad you could see the photo.  I posted and saw one of Gracie first.)

Any word on the car, tt?

Have a good afternoon at work, Pingo.

ETA: Yes, just plain old fried eggs, lol.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Nana got to keep a dozen or so of the cookies, don't worry, GD just picks out the "prettiest" ones for their batch!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd like a cookie, please.  You asked how I was handling not having a stove and no food in the house?  Yogurt.  And, now, eggs.  I'm starving!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Beautiful stove, Kar.  What are you going to make for dinner?
    TT - I could use some cookies.  SLOW day today....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll send over some bear paws to you both!  My personal favorite are the ones sprinkled with a combination of blue and black, in the oven the colors meld to almost a purple.  That's the latest hunt, she wants purple sprinkles.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Nov!  DH is on cleanse so my big, fancy meal plans will have to wait.  Veggies, veggies, and more veggies are on the menu right now.

Yay, so nice, tt - yum!  Purple sprinkles make it. ;)