July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: July 2013

I was thinking of that allready. I'll look at Chambord as well, Kar, I've never had that.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's raspberry liqueur (like Kahlua is coffee flavored liqueur), sweet and much less harsh than raspberry flavored vodka.  Chambord would be my choice for sangria, but there's no "right" answer.  I'm assuming it wouldn't be allready's choice because she doesn't like sweet wine.  To me, though, Sangria is a sweet choice...no pun intended. ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

You could use a raspberry ginger ale instead of sprite if you did not want to make the investment in Chambord.  I hate to buy something expensive if I am not sure I would like it.  I'm not a fan of Chambord.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes, but with the pink lemonade can I'm adding, I'm afraid the Chambord would make it too sweet??

- Darth Vadar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Maybe, but don't go by me, really - I like sweet tasting drinks.  Indeed, like Hats said, Chambord is pretty expensive, but you could probably get a nip and taste it to see what you think would be better.  The 2 oz size can't be that much.  Pink lemonade is on the sour side, isn't it?  I dunno. 

I don't think you'll ruin it either way - there's so much variation with Sangria and you have so many different choices of drinks if you "err" on one side or the other for any particular guest's taste.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think I'll get the Vodka, since I know I can use that at some other point. Might pick up a small nip of the Chambord to give it a whirl.

- Darth Vadar

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It'll be delicious, Winter, I have no doubt!  You might add the leftover nip or save it for another recipe - it could make a fun addition to Christmas cookies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Best drink ever - plain lemonade, a shot of vodka, and a touch of Chambord - just enough to give it a faint pinkish tinge.  So delicious!  you can leave out the vodka if you want something less strong. 

Don't use too much Chambord - it's expensive and too much of it spoils the drink IMO. But I'm not a fan of sweet drinks.

Cheers!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good night everyone. I'm headed out in a few minutes.If I don't get back on today, Happy Fourth!

- Darth Vadar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy 4th, Winter!  have a great time. :)

ALF, sounds too easy to be true, lol!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, my, this is going to be really tasty potato salad - the "sauce" is Ina Garten's from the Food Network (delicious!!!), and I'm adding 2 lbs of bacon and our onions/scallions to the 20 lb potatoes.  Garnishing with our parsley.

Whoops, noticed a little boil over...got it before it went too far!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, Robin, if your reading, I tried to pause the TV on the fine print, but couldn't.  Anyway, MSG was the first word in a fine print blurb on a dunkin donuts ad - I think I remember you are very sensitive to that so watned to let you know.  However, I went to find more info on it, and I couldn't find anything definitive regarding their putting MSG in the coffee, but I did find chatter about the possibility- very frustrating after seeing part of the warning myself but not being able to read it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Happy 4th ladies...I am combining a little business with a lot of pleasure this weekend. So glad the weather is cooperating. I definitely see the beach in my future this weekend.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, mc!

Got 16 lbs of potato salad finally done - fabulous!  We had it for dinner, lol.  I recommend Ina's recipe - add bacon, tho, if your clan eats meat.

I'm heading to trips' fam, home in time to walk Gracie.  Making cookies in the morning for that.

yes, happy 4th to everyone!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!!!!  Enjoy, everyone!!!!   Be safe and have a wonderful day.

I'm kicking it into high gear making cookies to take to my party.  DH is sleeping in; I hope he's not sick; it's very unusual.

Chat later tonight. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Happy 4th, Winter!  have a great time. :)

ALF, sounds too easy to be true, lol!

Well, obviously first add ice to the glass before the other ingredients!  Otherwise... oh jeez, would it be strong! lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Omg, I learned that lesson the hard way with my first (and last) homemade martini I attempted without ice and a shaker.  O.M.G. was I SICK - by the time I realized my mistake it was far, far, far too late.  Laughing now, but not so funny then!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Happy fourth everyone! I've cooked pasta for the pasta salad and shortcake biscuits. Though forgot to set timer and went on to something else so have to whip up 6 more. 

Kar, I've never made Sangaria how early should. I make it To get the best flavor?

- Darth Vadar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, I'm sure your sangria came out great - sorry I didn't see your post before I left for the day.  I like to make it the night before, but it's good immediately, too, given everything is cold, of course.  Too bad about the biscuits - been there myself.

I'm home after a tremendously blessed 4th.  Miss DH, but life isn't always perfect...you gotta make do.  Gracie was happy to see me after a cool, restful day.  She's out looking for Daddy, now, poor thing...can't tell her "tomorrow."

hoping everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

We are listening to the Boston Pops now, we got a short swim, some ice cream, and did a lot of walking so a good day.  Hope you all had a good 4th!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The fireworks never cease to get me...and this year, the tribute re the bombings.  And, some Boston first responders were just this second honored in Washington.  Neil Diamond is doing Sweet Caroline...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Took a day off from the computer yesterday, I figured there would be little posting going on.  Hope you all had a good day.  It was a quiet but hot, humid one here.  Made steak bombs for lunch and a macaroni salad with sliced italian sausage added, for supper.   Will try that combination again.

Watched the Boston celebration, but have enjoyed other years' more.

Sticky already here, don't think it ever cooled down during the night.  Have wheeled the trash out to the curb, and everything is quiet still.  It's a long holiday for a lot of people, and a chance to get away.  My neighbors have a visiting relative, and I think they've all taken off and done just that.  The other side of me, the ones with the hollering parents/kids, unfortunately, are still around.

When does your DH get home, Kargiver?  Nice you had the other cookout to go to.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Good morning,

Its a quiet morning so far at our house. I've been up and working since 5am and DH headed to work an hour ago. DS is still sleeping and DD just fell back asleep in her chair holding her toes. She just discovered she has a second set earlier this week.

We had a hot day at the parade yesterday and spent the afternoon and evening in the pool. DD fell asleep in DS's little boat, I'm sure due to the motion of the water. We had some excitement when the in-laws and great grandma came up in the evening, DD rolled over for the first time!

We had such a nice time that I never even got supper on the grill. We ended up with microwaved hot dogs and then went out for ice cream!

Footsteps, DS just got up!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Good morning :-) Sounds like everyone had a nice 4th!  We went up to a friend's house in NH yesterday afternoon for some pool and food fun. When it got too hot out we all came in the house and played Rummy. Haven't played in a while so it was fun.

Kar..I googled that recipe for potato salad. Sounds tasty! My guys would have to have the bacon added though..lol

I tried a very different recipe for potato salad recently. It is a recipe that was in Runners World and it's made with cider vinegar, apple juice, bacon and garlic just to name a few ingredients. You could actually leave the bacon out as well. Ideally you serve it warm which is nice for me because that's my favorite time to eat it.

Heading to Nahant very shortly for the business portion of my weekend. Never been to this particular part of the world and but I can imagine it's going to be hard to focus on business surrounded by all that ocean!

Tonight we are hosting a cookout for some friends and family. I feel like my house has been party central this past week or so..but I don't mind. I love hosting people :-)

Today is supposed to be a scorcher so stay cool and hydrated :-)

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, don't you love that sound - little footsteps hurrying towards you - brings back memories.

Sounds like a nice day, SAW.  DD was just holding back on rolling over until she had a bigger audience!  How cute.  I can picture her holding onto her little toes.  Hope you're keeping a journal of sorts.  You think now that you'll remember all these precious moments, but they fade.

Just had my cereal with fresh blueberries and considered for a mili second making some blueberry muffins - only a mili second, until I thought of heating up the kitchen, which right now is the coolest of my rooms.  Heat advisory for this afternoon 2-6pm, so am leaving the windows open and the cool air in as long as I can.  Hate the A/C, tho there are times I don't know what I would do without it.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

Sections
Shortcuts