July 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: July 2013

Winter I agree that Kar should have a pool.  I am sure she could pick more strawberries if she could cool off before and after.  In fact, my parents had a pool and the strawberries and raspberries growing alongside, separated by a gravel path.  Yummy! Those were the days.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Meant to thank you for the update regarding SS, tt - great news!!

ah, yes, a pool...maybe the "more work would get done" angle will sell it.

DH just arrived and is doing the garden walk-through.  Gracie is beside herself with the joy as only a dog can show it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello from Texax,

Just read through all your posts. Glad to hear you all had a nice 4 th.  sorry about the heat in Boston. Hope our sprinklers are doing their job.

Is is as hot here, but not humid. So, PIngo is doing just fine, Hats. We spend two days at their Ranch staying overnight. It was lovely. And of course the 4th party was a success. Lots of people, we now have met several times. The spit grilled pig was amazing. I had my share of cracklings, no one else but our son, DH and I wanted it. The party ended with shooting off the canons and wonderful fireworks.

Taking  it really slow today. DH and DS are in the pool right now. After they get ready, we will go to one of the museums here. They have an Andy Warhole  exhibition right now. It is actually mostly the photographs and drawings he did his paintings from.  Should be interesting. Will probably go to a Mexican dinner afterwards.

Take care all, and stay cool.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Greetings, Pingo!!  So good to know you are having a great time by the pool and enjoyed the big party.  I'd have joined you with the cracklings - nothing better than pork fat, not even dessert.  Why aren't you in the pool with DH and DS??  Show off that bathing beauty self. ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just an early Sunday morning - "Good morning".

Nice to see your post, Pingo and to hear the humidity isn't as bad in TX.  I think by the time you get back home here, the showers will have lifted our humidity and brought in a little cooler air.  I can feel a slight difference this morning, no breeze, but definitely cooler air than yesterday at this time.

Time to get me and the cats fed.  No news again here today, hanging in til the temps are reasonable.  Hoping tomorrow an early start will let me get a few things outside done.  For now, just watering those butterfly bushes early each morning.  Never got out to any bookstore yesterday.  Common sense told me to wait til Monday and do my borrowing at the library. 

Hope your clambake was delicious, SAW.  I live in NE but have never gone to one.

ETA:  Coming back in after watering out front, held the door open just a little too wide - out dashed Cheerio.  Didn't go beyond the stairs tho, and a shake of her "treat" container brought her back in - good girl.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

It was "only" 73 when I got up at 6 am, so cooler than yesterday, TG.  The museum was very comfortable and a dinner out afterwards (salad and sangria) added to my happiness.  No plans for today except for grocery shopping.  I hope some of you will be having fun today!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning :)

Good to have DH home, and looking forward to this week - he's on VACA!  

Watched a good movie last night if you don't mind language, A Good Heart, in Netflix.  Billed as a comedy (and it DID have a lot of things that made us laugh) but a deep drama, really.  Heavy and worth seeing, like I said if you can stand the f word in cinema.  No sex or anything else to make it R.  Kept me awake thinking about it.  Not formulaic.

Going to Brimfield Thursday, and maybe I'll see the trips' mom while DH is home with Gracie.  Today, friend from town will be by to walk.  Can't take Gracie the whole way; she is not doing well with her tear.

Glad you wrangled Cheerio back in, tt - that little shake is like a magnet.  The way to a man's and a pet's heart is the same. ;)

Hats, sounds like a wonderful hot-weather day.  How was the sangria?  I'm craving that, now, thanks to Winter.  

SAW, one of my earliest fuzzy memories is that of my grandmother tending the fire pit in the backyard with seafood covered with seaweed.  I remember being told to stay away from the hole, LOL...must have been about 3.

I have eaten salty "junk" for 3 days straight...maybe I'll save the rest of the Chinese food for tomorrow and keep it clean and light today.  ...or not.  I'm salivating just thinking about it.  Hopeless!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good late morning from Texas,

Been in the pool already. The water was 85 degrees. Really pleasant. And when you get onot nice and warm air. Everything dries in an instant. Had breakfast at the poolside. 

tt, my DIL loved the table runner. So much, that she asked me, if I could make her a Christmas one. Glad you got Cheerio  inside, before you had to chase her around the yard. 

Sorry, you have to suffer with heat and humidity. It is 96here today, but it is not humid, so it doesn't feel it.

DH and DS are fixing car breaks today. DIL and I will probably go to the farmer's market.

Have a good day everyone and stay cool.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'd forgotten about the runner you made, Pingo.  So glad she liked the colors and design you decided on.  Proof is in the pudding - she asked you to make another for the holidays!

Jeff Lewis reruns from last year are on today in prep for his new season that starts tuesday night.  Have them on and running in between doing this and that - cleaning bathroom, throwing in wash, fixing a salad.  Having bloodwork done tomorrow that should have been done 3 weeks ago, so trying to eat sensibly today - as if that will make a difference!  Nice that you are having a change of pace, Pingo, I need one - only not a rest - an upgrade in daily activity!

Back to my this and thats.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How nice to have her appreciation of your work in the runner validated by a request for another, Pingo.  Sounds like an ideal, relaxing vacation, just what you need.  

I'm with tt, feeling the need to shake things up...to do something different.  Looking forward to getting dressed up and out for the big shindig later this month.  Just ordered a patent clutch to go with the black patent high heels I plan to wear from a favorite discount site.  Found the same item on amazon for 3 times more.  Yahoo!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just did a clay face mask on face, neck, and backs of my hands.  Feeling fabulous!  Was not looking very dewy this morning, LOL, too many days in the dry A/C.  Not that I'm complaining about having central air, of course, but it is murder on my skin.  Maybe will sit out on the patio for a bit with my gigantic SPF 50 wide brimmed hat.

DH will be picking the garden for dinner.  Maybe instead of lounging on the patio I should get to the grocery store for the protein to go with.  Yeah, I guess that's what I'll do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Joust came back from the Farmers Market. Was drooling. You would too - except for Kar, who has her own market. The greens were greener at hat green and so cheap. Aoh oh my, those citrus they had. Will make sure to bring some home. 

Time for a nap, then in the pool again before dinner. DS is grilling oysters and smoking ribs. Yes, we are being so spoiled. 
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lovely, Pingo - I fear you may never return, lol.  I'd e envious at the moment, too - not much ready yet other than lettuce and onions at our "market."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Enoy all the attention, Pingo.  You do the same when the boys visit you, so they learned that from you and your DH.  Nice to see it being given back.

Finally succombed to the A/C about an hour ago.  Switched stations and found "Driving Miss Daisy".  Just ended, so shedding a tear or two, such a nice movie.  I didn't remember it ending as it did.

Made up some cool lime jello for this afternoon.  Now no idea what to fix for supper.  Have had a lot of macaroni salad, so that's a no.  Quiet house here today, no visitors/no calls.  I stripped the bed this morning, but never did check to be sure there is a clean set of sheets to go on.  Think I'd better do that now before it gets any later.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Pingo..glad to hear you're having a nice time in TX. I had breakfast with my uncle and aunt this morning. They went to TX a couple of weeks ago. I accused them of bringing back the heat with them...lol. Hubbie's best friend just returned this morning from FL. He said it's cooler and less humid there then it is here.

The heat's supposed to break soon. Went to the beach yesterday and there was a nice breeze...not a cool ocean breeze but nice nevertheless. The water felt very refreshing. This holiday weekend went by way too fast for me. Back to reality tomorrow.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Cricket, hope the DH is doing well.  The ocean always refreshes, doesn't it?

A few raindrops have fallen but I was hoping for a good storm to cool the air and water the plants, I did not water this am except for the hanging plant that gets no water when it rains.  It is dark, though.  I don't feel inclined to do anything constructive and I hope that a storm will energize me.

Got another Costco chicken because I can't bear to cook.  Will make a salad to go with.  Ate a few cherries for my lunch.

Pingo, glad you are enjoying TX.  TT I hope you found some sheets!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Clean sheets already on the bed.  Believe it or not I put the oven on to 400 and cooked a Celeste pizza for one for my supper.  Had the fan in the kitchen blowing the hot oven air out the door.  Must have smelled good to Harry, because he showed up for supper, which he never does.  Outside air is definitely cooler, so off again with the A/C and opening up windows once more.  Looks, smells, and feels like rain.  So far only a few drops.  Might have another jello, and then into my blood fasting for tomorrow.  I've procrastinate long enough with that.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Cricket, hope the DH is doing well.  The ocean always refreshes, doesn't it?

A few raindrops have fallen but I was hoping for a good storm to cool the air and water the plants, I did not water this am except for the hanging plant that gets no water when it rains.  It is dark, though.  I don't feel inclined to do anything constructive and I hope that a storm will energize me.

Got another Costco chicken because I can't bear to cook.  Will make a salad to go with.  Ate a few cherries for my lunch.

Pingo, glad you are enjoying TX.  TT I hope you found some sheets!

Hi Hats...thanks. DH is really feeling good the last week or so and that makes me really happy. Life is slowly getting back to normal. He's really been doing good with his diet and exercise and has finally gotten adjusted to the medication.

I love the ocean water and the beach. I am supposed to limit my time in the sun so we usually go early in the morning then leave around lunch time and stop on the way home for steamers and lobster at Markey's. It makes for a nice day.

I am reminded again that I need to get to Costco...my list is growing. I should have stopped on the way home from my uncle's this morning..but we came home through Lynnfield without thinking. Next weekend for sure.  Have you tried their lasagna? My son, who is very picky, had it at a church meeting a couple of months ago and loved it. He brought a piece home and I had a taste. I have to say..it's better than most I've had in a restaurant!

It's pretty dark and cloudy here too. In addition, the wind is picking up. The weatherman is saying storms..but that they are weakening.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I have not had their lasagne, tend not to buy stuff I can easily make myself.  Today I bought mayo, wholly guacamole, granola and some Cusiinart kitchen shears; 5 pair for 15 bucks, one with magnetic holder which you can put on fridge.  Can't beat that price!  Glad your DH is doing well on his meds,

Has gotten even darker here but still only a few drops.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Four days off went by much too fast. SO the pool water was at 89 on Saturday. Sounds like everyone had a nice, albiet HOT weekend. Pingo, glad you are having a good time and being spoiled by DS and DIL. Cricket, glad your DH is doing better. tt, that's cute that Harry came along looking for dinner because of your pizza. I used to bring those in for lunch years ago and the whole office would be looking for the pizza.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Just got back in after the blood draw, and a breakfast stop at Artie's.  Delicious.  Branched out from the usual pancakes/waffles I get there after a blood draw, and ordered their sausage, egg, potato, green pepper, cheese, salsa breakfast burrito - with sour cream, which when it came, was 2, not 1!  Believe it or not I managed to finish it all, save a quarter of the second one, which came home with me for maybe a supper with a salad.  So good to have something solid to eat after the picky meals I have been fixing lately.  Nice to have a regular cup of coffee too, after decaf every morning.

So, another muggy morning, no air stirring here.  Swung by the bank on the way home and got that business taken care of too.  Planned on going to the library, but spied a paperback on the shelf that I had never finished, took that along with me for the dr.'s office wait, and since it's pretty good, will finish that before borrowing more.

Found out why Harry had stopped here for supper, Cat Lady had offered him kibble first, and he turned up his nose at that - meandered down here where he knew he would get a dish of the f.f.  Love that independent cat.  No signs of him this morning, but he's probably spreading himself around, and went to the house up on the hill who takes care of him too.  So many women fighting over him!  Too bad his owner wasn't as enamoured of him as we are.

Now to decide what to do with the rest of my day -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I doubt you ever got over here to read Petey's blogs, but some days when I read them, I do think of you, Kargiver and that you would enjoy them.  Today's doesn't include any of her fabulous pics of her dogs and ranch animals, but I'm posting the site anyway:

http://allrecipes.com/cook/10023276/blogentry.aspx?postid=305970

ETA:  Made correction which should bring you to the blog now. Sorry, couldn't copy and paste it and I always leave out a slash  or something!

Sorry, I just can't get the correct address to print.  If anyone is interested after all this, go to http://Allrecipes.com, click on read all blogs, halfway down on the right, and scroll down to "Randomness" by Petey.  She has many entries, but that is today's.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sounds like a great breakfast you had tt. Hope your blood draw went well.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Winter.  No reason why it shouldn't have, altho what they keep check on doesn't show any signs, only in bloodwork.

Have fooled around way too long trying to get an address for easy click on to read a bloggers post in Allrecipes, that I thoroughly enjoy.  She's an amazing woman.  Sooo, now will get a wash thrown in and move around a bit.  Still very full from that breakfast, so no lunch in sight for me.  May run out later for some fruit.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon,

Glad to hear, it is getting cooler for you up there. The weather men predict rain. Glad to hear your DH is feeling better MC. Sounds like you all had a nice long weekend.

Cooler here today too. No sun yet. Nice break. Last night it turned really dark. You know, like when we have sudden flash showers and thunder. But we only got a sprinkle or two, and they do need the rain. DS and DIL has sprinklers, but are only allowed to use it once a week during certain two hours. They are still allowed to hand water. Yesterday we went to HD and bought a soaker kit for their outside pots. DH and DS will install it today.

i forgot to tell you about our trip to the museum to see Andy Warhole. So we all went there, and at the entrance to the museum were two large posters of Norman Rockwell's "The Runaway!" DH DS and I were like WHAT? DIL insisted, she told us NR not AW -- LOL. We had a big laugh about that. It was a wonderful exhibition. It was of all the photographs, he used for his paintings. Not just one, but several he used bits and pieces from. Very enjoyable. 

DH and DIL both went to work early this morning, but should be home shortly. 

Have a good day.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sections
Shortcuts