July 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: July 2014

Have thrown the kitchen chair pads (replacements for that I've never found what I want yet) in the dryer to fluff them and freshen them up a bit.  Bucket up and ready to give the kitchen and hall floors a mopping.  I can't believe how comfortable the air is this morning.  I love this kind of weather, could live with it year round.  Is that possible any place?

Have a note in to friend re her groundhog problem.  Hope someone was able to trap and relocate it over the week-end for her.  Birds in my gutters this morning, driving me nuts.  I suppose there is water there they're enjoying, but I have plenty of standing watering places I refill each day for them.  My cone flowers, yellow daisies, tiger lilies, and flocks are all blooming now, along with the purple butterfly bushes.  Not too many butterflies yet, mostly the small white ones that I've seen.  And, my rose bush out front that is overshadowed by some ornamental grasses G.T. planted, is blooming, a single bloom at a time, and always the last to bloom in the fall.  He'll have to replant it somewhere different this Fall.  The grasses love that spot and are much too massive already for him to think of digging them up.  Hope the bush survives the transplanting, it's been here since we moved here - 50 years ago.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT thanks for the reminder, I went out and watered my new coneflowers and black-eyed susans to help them establish themselves this year!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies!  I hope SIL will be as thrilled as we think she will. :)

Pingo, my heart sank for your clam "tenders" - that junk might fly in the mid-West, but not here.  Good you got your SW taken care of, what a nightmare that's been!

tt, I spent 4 years on the lookout for kitchen chair pads that struck my fancy so I can relate.  I finally got braided ones with the colors of our granite and cabinets in them, but I looked and looked.

We relocated some theiving chipmunks last year; they were stealing all our filberts!  The tree is loaded this year so they better not clean us out, again...or we'll pretty much be at their mercy, lol.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThisGiftForHats. Show ThisGiftForHats's posts

A gift for Hats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I see the childful behavior is stating up again.  Makes you wonder just how old (or young) these posters are, and how desperate they are to have their posts read.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I could tell it was a troll, put on ignore before I even opened the discussion!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, there's nothing in that one anyway, just 'a gift for Hats".  I think they must be 19 yr. olds, with not a whole lot to do in work.

Just took a tray of cookies out of the oven, tilted the pan and 2 slid to the floor - lucky it had just dried from a washing, so they fell within the acceptable time frame of scooping them right back up and setting on the cooling rack!  Pumpkin will never know!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That reminds me of Julia C when she dropped the turkey, rinsed it off, and said, "Your guests will never know!"  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Couldn't ask to be in better cooking company than that!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

First time I saw this "new" poster. On the hike thread, he/she is full of praise for Robin. Shouldn't that tell us something? You are right, tt, so childish. I am sure they must think they are so ingenious, and we are so dumb, we can be fooled. LOL

I followed suit, Hats, and put whomever it is on "Ignore".

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

New poster is full of praise because they are one and the same.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Couldn't ask to be in better cooking company than that!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

absolutely my point, my dear! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, your gift is lovely. I've actually did that when I got married three years ago. I gave my MOH a coach wrislet and then put a pair of earrings, bracelet, lip gloss, and nail file in in. The wrislet had one of the colors of her dress (perrywinkle).

I'll be headed home some; have a nice night everyone. I've had trouble posing in the last hour or so...

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great minds think alike, Winter!  She must still be loving it.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Bit the bullet and ran out to Michael's.  Had decoupaged the last white bag I had for pumpkin and tried to open it before it had dried, of course, it tour right along the folded line.  Figured I'd run into all kinds of traffic on route 1 this time of night, but not bad at all.  In and out and back home again.  Wish I could post a pic, one side is a magazine pic of a little boy dressed up like a cape crusader, and on the other side I put in different colored letters:

"pumpkin's (his real name of course) bag)" in descending order.

His mom has told me he walks around the house with the last bag I brought cookies in, slung over his shoulder.  He'll love this.  Spiderman, superman, all his heroes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Gosh, isn't it wonderful how children love what you do for them?  You are such a good GGM.

Just noticed the avatar!  So cute!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh not always, Hats - remember the bag of choc chip scones that sat on the counter for a week and then got thrown out????

Little guys like pumpkin are easy to please.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, too bad about the tear - that's something I'd do.  Glad it was not a pain to remedy.

Our first stuffed jalapeños of the year are ready!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What do you stuff them with?  Aren't they still terribly hot????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I stuff them with different fillings each time.  Tonight it was egg yolk, cheese, kefir grains, biscuit crumbs, gram Marsala seasoning, and concentrated chicken stock.  Yes, they were atomic hot this time!  Last year they were milder.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Up at 6:00, and had a feeling there might be a post from Princess.  Thinking of you, how are you doing?

Good night's sleep, sleeping through til 5:30, but then I was awake for good.  That's alright, love the quiet of early morning and the birds that are just waiting to hear the top of the feeder clank down after I refill it.

Heard that the cat we were looking for new home for, as been settled in a loving home where she is queen of the roost!  Happy ending to that story.  

Making a list of errands to do today, including dropping off the caped crusader bag with its cookies.  Freezing one of the 3 balls of dough from the last time I made sugar cookies, worked out beautifully.  Great to be able to just take a flattened ball out of freezer and come up with a dozen or so cookies.  TV says the humidity is coming in today, so out early and back in time for Y&R.   Took out a piece of cooked pork yesterday that I'll have to use today, will pick up some chop suey ingredients to make with it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Chop Suey sounds interesting TT.  I'm thinking cold tonight - tomato salad on bruschetta!  I had a lovely day yesterday - wish every day could be like it, weather-wise!

When I said children, little ones were what I was thinking, not older/adult children.  Look at the DeMoulas family - all the millions are not enough - one side wants to take all the cash out of the business!  That happened at a company I worked for - one billion wasn't enough, each kid needed his own billion so it was broken up and sold.

You are right, it's a while since we heard from Princess!

Stay cool everyone!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. TT, your bag is cute too cute. He is going to love it. You are such a kind and loving GM and GGM. Kar, I'd like a stuffed pepper please. Hats, what's on your agenda today? Pingo, how did the software work out yesterday, hopefully you were able to catch up with the work.

So we've decided on our excursions for the cruise and it looks like we each picked one. On Wednesday of our trip we will be in Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan, Honduras, DS has chosen the Dolphin Experience, we we get to get to know a dolphin and swim with one. I did this in the Bahamas years ago and it was great. The next day we are in Belize, and I have chosen Zip-lining and Cave tubing, I'm the most excited for this I think. Our last excursion day is to Cozumel, DH has chosen and all-inclusive beach resort, that even has a water park with inflatable slides and a water trampoline. All of our food and drinks (alcoholic) are included as well.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Wow Winter, they all sound terribly exciting and DS will have lots to write about on his "What I did on my summer vacation" essay.

ETA - nothing big on my agenda today - quiet week until FRI when I go away with a friend to a mini-convention.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

tt, I love freezing extra cookie dough - it's like having Pillsbury ready to go but homemade.  I often take rolls of frozen dough to trip's mom so she just has to slice and bake.  I'm sure pumpkin will love that adorable bag and the goodies in it.  Hope you get all your errands done before the uncomfortable humidity hits.

Winter, what a spectacular trip you guys have planned!  I am afraid of heights so I would have made DS's choice to get a pet dolphin for the day.  (The horseback riding was my favorite Aruba "extra" - I truly bonded immediately with the horse.) But, it all sounds very exciting and memorable!

Pingo, any more discussion of retirement?  I wonder if you and DH will move to tx someday...