July 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Re: July 2014

Fried clams sound yummy.  I wish I could get some of those! With bellies or just strips? I like them with the bellies but my DH likes the strips.  Although if I ate fried anything for lunch I'd be totally unproductive in the afternoon because my body doesn't handle fried food very well.  One or two clams though - mmm.  

I am craving a big salad for lunch with lots of things tossed into it. Got to make a decision soon about where to go!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We both told you - the restaurant -

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

First post didn't post, then suddenly appeared!  

I'm off to buy a lunch! Thanks for the encouragement :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd share a couple of my whole belly clams (the only way I like them), but only because I really like you. ;)

Enjoy!  I'm leaving now, too, soooo hungry.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Ok you gals are making me hungry. I have left over Bertucci's stuff. Rigatoni and sausgage with some hot peppers. Rama, I think I missed that you guys  bought a house, how cool is that. Congratulations. tt, sorry you didn't get to see Pumpkin and little squash. I'm sure your GD will write you and explain. I am off now to heat up my food and read.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I miss living next door to Bertuccis...my second kitchen, lol. Sounds good, Winter.

for all my talk and desire for clams I succumbed to a wave of laziness and opened a can of wild salmon and made a garam masala salad.  300 instead of 900 calories - a good thing after how much I chowed at the party last weekend and keeping in mind we'll be having company this weekend.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

What's a garam masala salad?  I don't really care for salmon unless it is grilled but always open to trying new things.

I ended up with a salad from a local place, it was good.  Now I'm back in the office and craving sweets.  This is why I always bring my lunch - because it seems when I eat my healthy no sugar added peanut butter on wheat bread and piece of fruit I have more energy than when I eat restaurant/prepared food.  I'm sure we can all surmise as to why this is!! Oh well - it's fun to have a break from my regular routine once in a while.

Our next door neighbors at my mother in laws had a pool put in last week!! My DD is so excited about it. I keep having to remind her that it's not our pool and we can't go in unless we are invited. Last night we got home late - around 6:00 - and they were swimming.  They said that they would probably be swimming again today and we could come over if we wanted. Hoping that if i can duck out of work a little early tonight then can get us all home a little earlier - around 5 - and maybe they will invite us in for a quick dip.  THey have little kids too which is nice. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I'll have your sweets for you, Rama, going to neighbors for that blueberry muffin in about 20 minutes.

P.S.  I have some frozen whoopie pies individually wrapped in the freezer - those are Kargiver's favorites.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I sense a raid night coming - better put a pad lock on the freezer, tt!

Rama, garam masala is an Indian spice mixture that DH describes as "Christmasy" flavors - it's a taste combo of a mild yellow curry and pumpkin pie spice (not sure if that's accurate as far as actual ingredients, I bought it all mixed).  I get very mild tasting,  wild caught canned salmon, and it's hard to tell the difference between it and tuna, actually, imo. I mashed it with garam masala, mayo, and a little honey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I have been looking for t-shirts for a few children for DH to bring to England. I found and bought some lovely Life is Good t-shirts for the girls. But I can find any for 4-5 year old boys. The ones Life is Good -  which is just a handful - sells are too sports oriented. I don't think small British boys plays baseball or hockey.
    What Disney characters or what TV cartoons are little boys interested in today? It is a long time mine was young. LOL

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You might be able to find appropriate boys LIG shirts online - their designs aren't all sports, maybe just what that store carried.  Lots of outdoorsy stuff and, of course, the yellow lab.  Other than that, I'm more out of touch than you, my friend!  GL :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Jake from Jake and the Never Land Pirates from Disney is popular and Mickey Mouse. I find superhereos (Marvel) never go out of style either. Others are Pokemon, Lego (like Lego Star Wars), Yo Gabba Gabba, Angry Birds just to name a few. 

- Darth Vadar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Can't go wrong with Spiderman, Pingo!  Jake is another good one from Disney, as is anything from the Cars movie and Lego movie.  

I think I'll pass on the garam masala.  Those flavors don't really do it for me.  But I will take a whoopie pie tt!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We think alike Rama. Spiderman and all his Marvel friends are a big hit!  WHen m son was that age he'd want Thomas or Cars for the movie Cars.

- Darth Vadar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Rama, now you'll know to avoid it if you go for Indian sometime.  We had it on hand because DH watched some cooking slow that showed it added to dark chocolate for dipping strawberries.  It's not usually used in dessert, though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be headed out, have a nice evening everyone.

- Darth Vadar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good night, Winter - too muggy to be walking Gracie so I'm home for once when you said good bye!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you ladies. I did searched the net. Always do. There are tons of great Life is Good t-shirts. If you go to their website, there are almost too many to choose from. But for little boys, there is barely a handful, and they all have to do with American sports.
    You gave me some excellent ideas. Shouldn't be difficult to find for two little 4 year olds. I just didn't know, what kids are into these days.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's too bad the boys selection is far inferior to the men's.  So many fun non-sport themes for the men.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Men can read.  Little boys can't.

Pingo, I'd check which movies etc.  are popular over there.  Might not be the same.  Angry birds, for example...

In response to kargiver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's too bad the boys selection is far inferior to the men's.  So many fun non-sport themes for the men.

Discretion is the better part of valor.[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Baby clothes say cute things and no one thinks babies can read.  They have very short captions...?  Maybe that's it, I don't know.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a boring culinary day.  Salmon salad for lunch, hard boiled eggs for dinner.  Picked two zucchinis and a small summer squash, but DH had to eat out and is due home in a few minutes so I didn't bother cooking them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Beautiful cool air coming in the windows right now, hard to believe it might hit a muggy 90.  Cheerio and I have got to come to some kind of an understanding about these earlier and earlier morning wake ups.

Touched base with GD via email at suppertime.  They had just gotten home from Hampton Beach with friends.  Who would pass that up?  Anyway, I laughed when I got up this morning and opened up my email to read that today is "Cape Crusader Day"!  Almost made it.

Chop Suey last night turned out good, even tho it hadn't had a chance to set long.  Enough for another meal today.

Taking advantage of this cool air circulating through the house and picking up around.  Never got those chair cushions up out of the dryer, so think they might do with another go-round.

Check in later when you all have had a chance to get up and get around.

ETA:  Those birds are at it again in my gutter - ought to put a sign up - "Water for drinking and splashing, in back" !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, that's great that she wrote Cape Crusader day. Pumpkin is going to LOVE the gift bag. Glad they were able to spend such a beautiful day at the beach. So tonight after work I am going to start my couch to 5K running app. It gets you able to run a 5K in 9 weeks. I'm going to do Week 1 Day 1 which is a brisk 5-minute warmup walk. Then I alternate one minute of jogging and 1 1/2 minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

- Darth Vadar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The email about it being "Cape Crusader Day" was not from my GD, but on an email I got from Barnes and Noble.  Reread my post and can see where you might have thought it was from her, my thoughts kind of ran together there.  Anyway, I sent her an email this morning telling her I laughed when I opened up my emails, and attached a pic of the bag I had made and said, "You will see why when you see the pic of the bag I made for pumpkin."

Good for you with the running program you have set up for yourself.  

Sections
Shortcuts