July 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: July 2014

So yesterday I discovered that this location, which is the Operatoins Center is looking for new space. Will not be in the city were we are now. Rumor has it Burlington or Waltham. As it stands, there is no more parking for us and it's hard to hire someone with no parking around. Lease is up in 2017, but leases can be broken if the prefect space was found. This really stinks for me since DS really wants to go to Arlington Catholic and it would be very difficult to pick him up any ealry than 5. Our local high school, isn't really the greatest either...

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Is there a chance of carpooling with a friend whose child will be going there?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

There isn't anyone that lives near us that is going there. But maybe they have a carpool system where someone could do pick up and I could do early drop off. I no I shouldn't worry now, but it's likely to happen before 2017. I know he'll have his license in 2016 (eeks) but don't believe he'll have a car at that age.

- Darth Vadar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

And isn't that quite busy heavily trafficed route?  My Gawd if your son will  have his license in 2016, so will my GS - yikes - is right!

OK, out the door.  Been ready and could have gone half an hour ago.  Drop some kibble in Cheerio's dish and I'm gone - for the morning at least.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Well I can get to AC with backroads in about 15 minutes, and at 7:00 it's not too busy thankfully. Have fun doing your errands.

- Darth Vadar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Time flies so I'd probably be trying to plan ahead, too, and like you say leases can be broken.  However, it may be impossible to foresee the eventual solution this far out, too many variables.  It sounds trite, but I'm sure it will work out great as things unfold and you can deal with however it does.

Have a great day "out there" tt!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Was busy this morning replying to several e-mail, that came my way during the night. One was from our friend, who's husband has Alzheimer's. He is not doing well. Her son, who lives in NC, came up late last night. Glad he is here to give her some support and help her to take care of what has to be done. 

Winter, I am sorry to hear your workplace may move. Could be your company are looking for a less expensive place. The commercial rents has gone up dramatically everywhere. Hope you find a solution to take DS to school, if it does happen. Burlington, you could probably do it, but Waltham? That stinks. If indeed DS gets his license, get him an inexpensive used car and let him drive to school only. Not an easy choice, I know. But he sounds like a very capable and responsible kid. Our boys drove to school. After the first few weeks, with my heart in my throat, I relaxed seeing, they were doing just fine.

Kargiver, how are your beetles? Do you remember, I told you about the cedar planks in boiling water? I did just that. Stuck a couple of planks in a bucket, then poured boiling water over them, let them sit for 24 hours, and sprayed the roses with the concoction. It worked. I sprayed the roses - really soaked them - for a few days. The beetle fell off like dead flies and they haven't come back. Very easy and safe solution. They sell the cedar planks in bundles, but we use them in construction for shimming, so it was easy for DH to bring me a couple.

I am on my way to the office. Hope you all will have a good day.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, so sorry for your friends; it sounds like his battle may be nearing its inevitable conclusion?  Hugs and prayers going their way.

Our beetles are actually really subdued this year, not the devastating, destructive force they have been the last few years.  Not sure of the milky spore bacteria that is supposed to digest their grubs took longer to work than it as supposed to or what.  But, I love the cedar water suggestion and glad you've proven it so well by saving your roses!  I will most definitely pass this along to DH, thanks!

best of luck at the office; hoping it is a productive, peaceful day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo really we are looking for parking. There really isn't many parking options here. It's hard to acquire good people without parking. We are on a bus route but one or more trains and buses would be invloved. Sadly, Burlington wouldn't work. As I get out of work at 4:30 and would take some time getting him. I don't believe that there are any places for him to wait at school that late, but will inquire when the time comes. I could do it but homework time and gas would be wasted. Buying him a used car nice enough too not worry about falling apart really isn't in the cards for us as we'd have to insure it and the young driver rates are alot higher now then they were a few years ago.Sorry about the bad news from your friend.Thoughts and prayers going their way.

- Darth Vadar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Can't the kid go to the local library and do his homework till you are able to pick him up?  That's what we did, back in the day.

I got my first car at age 16.  The best experience ever!  Even though it was an old clunker, I will never forget that car.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope it all works out, Winter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm sure it will Kar.

- Darth Vadar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Time for lunch...maybe I'll heat up some stuffed zucc.  Yeah, that'll be nice and easy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hope too it will work out for you, Winter. As they say "if there is a will, there is a way".
    You still have a year to get more info re the move and make your school decision. Unless it is black on white, it can be changed many times. Maybe your company can solve the parking problem w/o moving. I am sure, that will be their priority. Moving is very expensive.
    Lots of companies look for places. They expand and run out of parking spaces. Even though the gas prices are so high, people want to use there cars. Both DH and I worked in Boston some time ago, and there was no company parking for anyone. So we took the good old T and buses. It was a pain, but everyone did it, so no one complained. I guess it was just a way of life at the time. Things have changed. People don't walk anymore. Can't see themselves walk to a train station or bus stop. If they do walk, it is for recreation.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, my old company is still being constantly rumored to be moving and has been for the last 10 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

There is no solution to the parking, there is a sort of close gargage, but it's not really safe to walk to at 5 when winter comes, and they wouldn't put the employees safety at risk. See most of us have parking, so newer people wouldn't have it, they don't want to be that unfair and they can't take it away from the 85 or so that are in this building. I know it would take me an hour and a half to get to work, taking two trains, and it's only 11 miles. Boston it out as is where we are now, Cambridge. Rents are crazy and parking in any city is so hard to come by. I suspect it will be Burlington or Waltham. We moved an entire group to Boston, so they are not afraid of the moving expense.

I will have DS carry on like he's planning, take test, etc. We do need to make a decision with non-refunable deposits by March 1st. I also loooked at the MA School Choice Program and he could possibly go to two other high schools close by that are better then ours. We will attend Open Houses for those as well and apply to keep our options open.

------------------------------------------------------
    - Darth Vadar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Not sure what is with the crazy spacing, I apologize.

- Darth Vadar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope they do make the changes that will encourage growth while minimizing the upheaval to current employees.  Tough situation...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Another thing to keep in mind, Winter, is that if DS plans to be involved in sports, drama, clubs, etc, he will have activities to keep him busy after school lets out.  We used to do our homework in the cafeteria until practices started, or for early practices would do homework or just hang out in the cafeteria until we got picked up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, true, Nov - the older I got the more likely it was that I was staying late for sports...no, not really, it was actually drama. ;)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The do not allow students in the building after their activity or club, but I believe the library is close by. I didn't realize it was in walking distance.

- Darth Vadar

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Really?  Funny how our memories play tricks on us.  I feel like I was in the cafeteria all hours of the day/evening. Maybe it used to be different?  Anyhow, yes, the public library is super close by.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sadly, I think it may have changed post shootings.  They don't want kids hanging around for no structured reason.  :(

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, Did you go to AC? They don't want students in there when the teachers are not there either.

- Darth Vadar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

And everyone are cutting down, where they can - including schools. Having a cafeteria full of kids after school hours, means they will need the teachers to stay late or have to hire several adults just to watch them and keep order. Things have changed a lot since we went to school. The kids are street smart at a lot earlier age, and all kind of crazies are loose on the streets. The public library seems like a good option.

- Eleanor Roosevelt