July of 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

July of 2011

Good morning,

Didn't mean to be the one to start the July thread since I started June's, but I'm up early this morning, have posted on Ache's thread (hope he isn't offended), and here I am.

Princess, how is Buster this morning, and how did he do during the night?  I know you're probably up and getting ready for work.  Hope you feel a little better this morning about leaving him.  Just today, and then you've got the nice long week-end to be home with him.

Mothermitzi, good to see your nice newsy post.  I've never done a group family vacation.  Don't know that my group would last a week together!  It truly seems as tho summer has started now with this warm weather, tho I've yet to have the A/C on for more than a few hours.  Nights with the window open have been so comfortable.  So good to hear your son will be home for a month or so.  It must be difficult for you all to see him go back.

Love this time of morning when it's still fairly quiet, just the mourning doves cooing and an occasional jogger going by.  Traffic is light, so I'm surmising a lot of people have started their holiday week-end early.

Happy July, everyone, and to those who won't be on the boards again this week-end - HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

P.S.  A congratulations to SS who "did well" at Foxwoods yesterday!  Go, SS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: July of 2011

HI TT- I forgot that is't July and posted in the June thread!  Buster is getting better every day, thanks.  He had a good night.  Just looking forward to getting through the work day - hopefully it will be quiet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

One more day, prin-cal!  Happy Friday to you and everyone!

I'm thoroughly enjoying having DH home, what a treat. :)  And, we have gorgeous weather to boot.  Not sure what's on the agenda today, but no matter.  Right now, we're enjoying a leisurely cuppa together while Gracie (begrudgingly) takes her nap in her crate.  She isn't so happy to spend 100% of her time in there, anymore. 

Her leg looks about the same, bulgy around the plate.  We have a few more days of antibiotic, and then we'll be holding our breath watching for swelling that would indicate she needs to have the plate removed due to the infection clinging to it.  I wish I had a crystal ball so we'd know one way or the other.  Waiting is so hard!

Have a great day, friends,
    ~kar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Prin, DH is asking how much you paid for the TPLO, do you mind sharing?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello ladies,

I too posted on the June thread.  I will be leaving at noon today and I am on vacation all next week.  So won't be chatting until I get back.  I hope you all have a wonderful July 4th weekend and I will miss everyone!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: July of 2011:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies, I too posted on the June thread.  I will be leaving at noon today and I am on vacation all next week.  So won't be chatting until I get back.  I hope you all have a wonderful July 4th weekend and I will miss everyone!
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Do you have any day trip plans?  Hope you have great weather.  Sometimes it's just nice to sit back and enjoy your own surroundings.   I love sitting out back and just taking in the sound of all the birds.  It was nice to get away even overnight at G.T.'s tho.  Miss my summer vacations at Weirs.

As I said on the June thread, enjoy, but we'll miss you on the boards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy July friends!!

You are up and at 'em early today, tt.  I'll have to go check up on the latest turkey thread.

Amber - an afternoon on the patio with DD sounds delightful! Mother-daughter time is always special to me and it warms my heart to see other sets that enjoy each other's company.  Good for you for taking a half-day, too!  Have a wonderful vacation.  I'll be away the next week, so it'll be awhile before we catch up again!  Scratches to Amber & the boys, too!

Good news about Buster, Cal!  And, Kar, if Gracie is getting antsy to be out of crate she must be feeling better as well.

Ms. Pingotastic - I think your email name suits you perfectly!

MM - sounds exciting to be smack in the middle of the festivities!  And your family vaca to Maine was great thinking!  Doesn'thave to be a holiday for a family to get together, right?

AFM - hmm... working a full day today, but should be a light day.  Tomorrow I will head to NH with puppy. DH has a ride planned and will meet up with us later. It'll be almost a full house - my parents, me, DH and Jax, one brother, SIL, three neices.  Just missing the younger brother, SIL and thier two dogs.  My hope for the weekend is to get puppy swimming in the lake.   He wa very timid abotu it last year.  Now that he's a little bigger I'm hoping he'll follow the kids right in, and if not, I am bringing a whole bunch of tennis balls, and I got him a new toss toy last night to intice him.  I remember having so much fun with our dog swimming with us when we were kids!

This is getting long... Happy 4th Everyone! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

No day trips tt.  Just R&R.  I love getting up and getting the paper and a big Dunkin Donut coffee, and sitting on the patio surrounded by my trees and birds : )  No rushing for the bus or train.  Heaven to me.  Plus Amber will love it, lots of walks next week.  And of course some spring cleaning that I never get around to in the spring!  LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

HI Kar - I don't mind you asking at all - We paid $4,000 for the surgery.  We had it done at the Mass Vetinary Referral Hosptial in Woburn.  They did his kidney removal there last Sept, and we were happy with the result there (that was another $3,000, yikes).  They have all services on site, so you don't have to wait for a surgeon to come to the vet.  So far, we have been happy with them.

Let me know if you want any more information.  I have been giving DH daily "Gracie" updates as well, lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Let me know what morning is good for you, Amber, and I'll be over for coffee on the patio.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Any morning tt!  That would be lovely..  I would say bring Cheerio but the boys would be fighting for her attention all day and drive Cheerio crazy!  And we both know she is such a lady, she would tolerate it, but I won't put her through that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Any morning tt!  That would be lovely..  I would say bring Cheerio but the boys would be fighting for her attention all day and drive Cheerio crazy!  And we both know she is such a lady, she would tolerate it, but I won't put her through that.
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

She was just begging me, "Can I go?".  But I think you're right.  Don't know how she would be with Amber anyway.  She disappears when dogs come here, and isn't too thrilled about their visits.  I do think she has her eye on your boys, and she is somewhat of a vamp, would be teasing both of them and get them fighting over her.  Best we leave it to just us two.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the info, prin-cal!  I've been telling DH about Buster (obviously!), too. :)  We will probably end up paying the same amount; I'm almost assuming we'll have to get the plate out.  Her swelling just isn't changing much, and I'm betting that means when we stop the antibiotics we'll have a problem.  Not to be a pessimist, but...

ambergirl, have a wonderful 4th - we'll miss you through Tuesday. 

Actually, EVERYONE have a safe and happy 4th of July weekend!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Aww - I so hope you don't have to get the plate out.  Poor Gracie.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for her!

Have a very happy 4th too Kar!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    So glad to hear Buster is doing so much better. Princess, with the long weekend coming, and your 24 hrs. TLC, he will be so much better, when you have to go back to work on Tuesday.
    It sounds like everyone are having great plans for this weekend. None of the boys will be here, so it will be a quiet weekend for us. But that is fine. For years we used to have a big crowd for a cook out on the 4th. Then we went to Texas for a few years to celebrate with our son's in-laws. This year staying at home, we had several friends call and ask what we were doing on the 4th (a subtle way of asking, if we would have our cook out). I told them we had no plans; we are still waiting for an invitation from some of them. LOL
    But of course we have plans. We will cook up some mighty fine lobsters and crack them eating on our deck. With Ache taking care of the turkeys, this will be possible. Then we will listen to the Pops on TV. Even though - like mm says - it it not the same anymore, after they went national. What was once a feast, they ruined totally. But still, it is a TV event, I wouldn't miss. While that is going on, we will watch the fireworks from our neighboring town. First class seats from our family room or deck looking over the valley. My SIL has mentioned something about getting together at her place on Sunday; it is our nephew's anniversary. But nothing definite yet. She did ask me to make an eggless cake, so I will have to call her to see what is going on, so I can get the ingredients for it.
    Re: liquorice. TJ's have the Panda - I have bought it several times there. I am  anxious to hear the reports coming in from all you tasters.
    Yes, mm. I often wonder about Putt as well. She was such a great Chatter. Missing her. When her husband died, she just left us. Hoping she is ok. Other chatter I am wondering about is Circles and Ken. Leasyll is fine, I have been e-mailing with her. But I do miss her here - she was hilarious sometimes.
    Amber, enjoy the young girls as long as you can. It is a compliment to you. When our sons moved out, I still had a full house of them and their friends on weekends. Laughter in our house made me happy. Now they are all spread all over the country, but still stop by to say hello, when in town. Have a nice vacation next week. Will miss you here.
    November, it sounds like you will have a great family getting together in NH. You are not riding your new bike w/ your husband?
    To all of you, who may not check in over the weekend, have a fun and safe long weekend. - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    Did you go to TJ's to get the globes? Well, I made mine last night. They were huge - about 4 inches across. This time I made a different stuffing. Fresh bread crumbs, plenty of garlic, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, chopped tarragon and blue cheese. First sauteed, then stuffed into the cavity of the steamed artichokes. Oh my, oh my, oh my --- were they good. The choke bottom was the size of small hamburger. Even DH, who is not that crazy about artichokes told me, I could make those again.
    Everything was just on a spur of the moment put together. My tarragon needed to be trimmed and I had some left over blue cheese crumbles, that was calling my name. Please do try this sometime. Absolutely wonderful - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning and Happy July.  PC, I'm glad buster is improving.  ACL surgery is hard to come back from for anybody.  Pingo I like the email.  Kar, enjoy your vacation at home with DH and Gracie...I liked the picture of her you posted yesterday.  Amber, enjoy your vacation.  Novem, enjoy NH with DH and family.tt, I hope you have a nice weekend and lots of fun at your cook out.  AFM, I am hope with DS today and have some laundry to do and cleaning since we are hosting people over on the Fourth.  Before that we will be going to hte Fourth of July Parade in Wakefield it's the oldest and largest one in the state.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a great time hosting your first cookout in your new home, Winter.  If you still have things to get at the store, better do it today.  I just ran out to Dollar Tree to pick up some more of those plastic oval dishes I use so often with "give aways", and grocery store parking lots are pretty full.  I was toying with stopping to get some more brown sugar, but decided I would make due with what I have.

Quiet on my side streets, but main highways look busy already.  Off to make a big salad for lunch and then watch the Y&R.  Never did make it up to see Real Housewives of NYC last night, konked out about 9:30.

Everyone have a safe week-end.  See you all back next week, except Amber. Will be waiting for your return.  Pingo, think it was a great idea to get a separate email - just in case.  Chat later.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, would love to have an e-mail addy for you. Like toytrumpet at gmail dot com f. ex. It is free, apparently easy to set up and like you said: Just in case. - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know what I fear tho, is that while we still have the CC, and if all of us start sharing separate emails, that's how correspondence will start going.  We'll lose out on the spontaneity of the C.C., and there'll be secret little emails going between one or two members.  As long as C.C. is viable, I'd prefer to "chat" there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Winter - have a blast at your opening cookout! 

As for NY Housewives, try to catch it this weekend, tt.  I never really liked Kelly, but now I just cannot stand her.  She's a total buttinsky!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh tt, I so agree with you. I LOVE the Chat for the reason you just described and would definitely use the Chat before anything else.
    But you know, even though BDC say they will be here "forever" - I don't trust them completely. By the time they shut us down, it will be to late to do an e-mail addy. The chatters has to know your addy before this might happen.
    I just so wish f. ex., I had Putt's addy - so I could tell her we are all missing her and hoping she is well. - Pingo

[QUOTE]You know what I fear tho, is that while we still have the CC, and if all of us start sharing separate emails, that's how correspondence will start going.  We'll lose out on the spontaneity of the C.C., and there'll be secret little emails going between one or two members.  As long as C.C. is viable, I'd prefer to "chat" there.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, perhaps if Putt still reads the posts from time to time, now that you've put the email address up there, she'll get in touch with you via that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Winter - have a blast at your opening cookout!  As for NY Housewives, try to catch it this weekend, tt.  I never really liked Kelly, but now I just cannot stand her.  She's a total buttinsky!
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

You've peaked my interest, Novem.  What I had wanted to follow up on was the hint on the previous show that Simon was somehow bad mouthing Jill on a blog? Did that come up?  Every Thurs, in case you don't know, reruns of the previous 2 episodes air starting at 8 and run until the regular show at 10:00, plus sometime over the week-end, I never remember when, just sort of fall upon it, are reruns, back to back.  I do like that show.  Not really fond of any of the women perse, just am fascinated with the way they treat their so called "friends".  I think Ramona is looney tunes, and I do think her husband is running around.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

What I had wanted to follow up on was the hint on the previous show that Simon was somehow bad mouthing Jill on a blog? Did that come up?

Over and over and over, again.  Then, of course, Kelly has to get into it, too.  I can't believe these women even think of themselves as "friends", especially when they talk of who is "trying to make themsleves relevant" and threatening to "ice" each other out of the group.  I truly hope that a lot of it is staged/scripted for the show. 

The CC ladies are better friends than any of these people and we don't even know each other in real life!

Sections
Shortcuts