June 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: June 2013

Yes, Kar, there's a photo of you in a blue stripy dress.  I thought for a moment there that you had lost your legs, but after close scrutiny I realized that you were kneeling....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ran out again to Dollar Tree to get some more plastic trays etc.

Yes, Kargiver, there's a great shot of you in the dress.  Love the color, and it fits perfectly.

Came home to an email from G.T. asking if I wanted to swap Rockport lunch days from Friday to tomorrow, because of predicted rain Friday.  I said sure, but have to get home in time to change and rest a bit before heading out to GD's graduation.  I'll be falling asleep when I sit down and the music starts!

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life."  ~ Mr. Rogers

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OK - here's the latest perfect pic of Cheerio:

Not.  I give up.  No more picture trying for me.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life."  ~ Mr. Rogers

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt - I was pretty happy with the find - bought 2 others, as well, so I'm all set.  It's not like we dress up that much, but I feel like I need to have something in the closet I can grab if the need arises.

Hats, no full length mirror here. :)

Indeed, the weather is throwing a lot of plans into a tailspin.  Our family kiddie bd party Saturday is potentially being moved to next weekend.  I wish she'd decide and get the word out so we can get to our friend who invited us to a party we had to decline for Saturday...if he's still having it.

ETA:  tt, I had trouble with the photo option, too - I think they are actively changing things right now.  Maybe within a few days it will be ironed out.  I wish they'd test their "fixes" better before they go live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I know.  We all get all excited thinking we're ready to go and poof, it disappears - or doesn't appear at all.

Have to make my decision tonight now, and press, what I'm going to wear to graduation, and also to lunch tomorrow.  Just ate an early supper of a tuna salad with a couple of choc chip cookies.  Was right at M.B. today who has the pickles I love, and never thought to pick up a jar.  Never thought of it until I used the last of the jar I had on tonight's supper.

"To the ironing board I'll go, 'cause it's summer time you know, and I've got to get clothes ready for tomorrow. " Da Da

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Isn't that the truth, tt. When it rains, it pours. Too bad you now have two occasions in one day. I just love, how excited you are going to your GD's graduation. I am sure you won't be tired at all.
    Hope the rain stays away, while you are at Rockport. I love that place; can never be tired of visiting there.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Is it supposed to rain tomorrow too?  Thought it was just Friday. 

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Depends on when the front comes in - some models say Thursday, others Friday.

Got totally cloudy here during our walk in the last hour.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Kar, love the color of your dress......Wore the same color on the night we got our year books.....

When life hands you lemons, Make lemonade!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

What?  We can post pics again?  Well, here's my girl, then.  Pic is about a year old, but that's pretty much her, every time I walk into the kitchen!

Beautiful cats, btw, CT.  I always tended to go for the plain tigers, just because I felt noone else would probably choose them.  Cheerio chose me from the Animal Rescue League 13 years ago, when I was determined to get one of the "pretty" ones.  She kept sticking her little paw out between the bars and meowing, even as I was down the other end of the line of cages.  On top of that, the worker kept saying, "oh that's Cheerio.  She's the nicest little girl here."  How could you resist that?

tt

She's a beauty... :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

fINALLY FOUND our what is wrong with my legs......the swelling is going down a bit, but the legs still hurt and there is a red itchy rash from the calf down to the foot.  According to the nurse who was  here  today, I have Statis Dermatitis.....which is caused from lying in bed for the 8 days in the hospitlal, no circulation going thru the legs..  Nothing one can do,j ust keep legs elevated and cream often....When life hands you lemons, Make lemonade!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, SS!  

my grandmother suffered from that dermatitis - sorry you had insult added to injury with that, but at least it isn't due to a blood clot or some other scary thing. Did you get my reassurance about how pain meds reduce your interest in reading - it will return after your recovery.  Same thing happened to my mom after her heart surgery...she had so many books lined up for her recovery, and not one got read!

tt, saw just maybe light showers tomorrow coming from the south so you're probably good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

SS I wish I could send you some of the bottles of lotion I have which I never use....did the nurse recommend any special kind?  Hope the ribs are healing!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

And, indeed, what a lovely one it is, again.  Too bad we couldn't hang on to this weather for the weekend.

tt, have a great time today!!  Hope the early edge of the rain holds off...it looks like it will.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Love those jersey type dresses.

I myself am looking for some cute summery dresses and/or skirts for work that look cute with a sweater and/or jacket.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, allready - it is SO comfortable and versatile, a good alternative to jeans for summer parties.  I'm done with jeans, personally, I just don't like how they feel anymore.  Speaking of wearing with a jacket, I ordered three shrugs to go with the other two dresses I bought at TJ Maxx because they are sleeveless.  One dress is all white, the other all black, and the shurgs are bright pink (will wear with pink sandals), white, and black.  The dresses were Calvin Klein, and I got great deals - 3 for the price of 1.  And, the shurgs were on sale, too.  Lots of great deals on summery clothes right now since pretty soon Fall clothes will be in, and they need to make room.  GL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It has done this before, too, to me - a random picture that showed my face (albeit my face at my highest weight about 15 years ago with glasses I don't wear anymore and a totally different hair style so I'd be unrecognizable) got posted instead of the one I chose.  I am sure I picked what I picked, and the little thumbnail of my choice reflected that.  

The other times it did it, it used a picture I'd posted before so it was no big deal, but that one random choice it made to post a photo of me...that was bad.  And, we don't have "delete post" anymore so we have to edit fast if something we really didn't want to post gets displayed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Um, BDC apparently didn't understand that I wasn't actually reporting myself, I was making an emergency report of the fact that BDC is randomly replacing our photo choices with OTHER PHOTOS in our computers and posting those instead.  This can compromise your anon!!!

So, instead of leaving that VERY IMPORTANT information - they deleted the post because it was "reported."  UGH.  I said right in the reporting window that I was using it as an emergcy measure to let them know that that very serious bug exisits.

Oh, well.  Beware.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    tt, today is your day. Have a wonderful one. Hope the rain will hold out until you get back from Rockport. Where will you be having lunch up there? Hopefully your GD's graduation in indoors. Must be, since they keep it in the evening.
    Kar, I love shrugs. Can't wear sleeveless dresses any longer. Makes any dress look finished. Looks like you are all set this year. The dresses you got, are they all the same, but different colors? If I find something, I like that fits perfectly - catalog or store - I buy 2 or 3 in different colors.
    Winter, how is the movie project coming along? Did DS finish the book? Everyone in your household must be looking forward to the day school is out. What plans do you have - if any - for him during the vacation?
    A Saturday cook out got changed to Sunday due to weather predictions. It has been so nice the past few days - too bad that doesn't include the weekend. I feel sorry for all the people, who have planned graduation parties. Sunday is not that much better, but the better day of the two.
    Ready for work. You all have a good day, however you are going to spend it.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, yup, all set this year (maybe for a few years - they are classic styles).  The dresses are all different, but the black and white shrugs are the same (fairly plain).  The pink one is ruffly around all the edges.

Good your outdoor engagement is being moved to Sunday...found out this morning ours isn't.  Ugh, I hope it doesn't rain; their house is too small to have everyone move inside.  I wouldn't mind as much, but a small space with BIL in it is a fate worse than a fork stuck in my eye.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, because of his homework load he has not finished his book yet. We will be doing the movie poster over the weekend. He's reading a book with the class called, Number of Stars, it's work of historical fiction about the escape of a Jewish family from Copenhagen during Occupation of Denmark during the Second World War because of the Holocaust

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, that is interesting. Haven't read that book. Will look it up.

- Eleanor Roosevelt