June 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: June 2013

"Re Ache and Robin. They must be really bored, since nothing is going on at their usual forum sites. So they come here to the chat,  to try to shake us up a bit. Best to leave them alone. LOL"

Wow, you guys can really read people, NOT!

ignore button photo: Ignore Button thignorebutton.gif

BTW: This is a joke, it's funny (imo)!

I'll step out now...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

DS got his movie poster and paper back. On the written paper he got an 80% on the poster he got 100% and the teacher asked if she could keep it to use as a sample for next year.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, most feel as you do, and it is far cheaper, indeed, to buy things that don't oxidize and spoil as quickly - seems to good to be true - cheaper AND better!  And, your saying that we can feed the world this way, by having wheat that doesn't rot, for instance, was an argument the gov't gave for making the genetic changes in the first place.  Keep in mind, though, that by making food less susceptible to rot, bruising, and pest damage that you change it in other ways, too.  If a strawberry doesn't mold and a cut apple doesn't turn brown, how much differently is it processed in your body?  We changed the very DNA of fruits, vegetables and grain for the convenience of the consumer and the bottom line of the producers so a strawberry LOOKS like a strawberry, but what it really is is questionable given it's not genetically the same thing as it was before we mucked around with this gene and that to improve it.  Yes, it is great to cut apples for a fruit salad and not have them turn brown, but it does make me wonder how it's processed in my body.  Wheat sure has been messed up in good shape, that's for sure!  Check out "The Future of Food," and you might not be so thrilled with eating fruit that lasts and lasts as if by magic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, that's GREAT!!  Wow, to be kept as an example for years to come, what an honor and affirmtion of the 100% he earned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Robin, you do this on all the threads - say something that might provoke a few retorts, and then hastily add, "I'll step out now."  If you're going to remark on some else's post, stick around to see it through instead of running off like a little kid.  We know you're lurking there, reading successive posts anyway.  I see your posts where you say, "I'm not going up to CC any more, don't know why I bother to talk to them" - yet here you are again - something about our chats fascinate you like a moth drawn to flame and you just can't stay away!  lol

We all know Ache likes to teasingly fool around, and as long as he keeps it non-attacking, most of us are happy to go along back and forth with him.  He has a quick wit, and is a funny guy.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

DS got his movie poster and paper back. On the written paper he got an 80% on the poster he got 100% and the teacher asked if she could keep it to use as a sample for next year.

- Darth Vadar

Winter, that's great.  What an honor.  Hope you have a good close up pic of the poster, the one you posted here was good, but a zoom in would be nice to have to keep.  There were a lot of written pages too, he did well to earn a high grade on that part.  Most boys that age (thinking of my own GS) would have done well to fill just one sheet!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Winter that is such a compliment!  He must be thrilled...

Good choice on the bday gift, Kar.  DD has that cube and loves it.  Smart too that they can all play with it together. 

Sounds like a good weekend all around.  Thank goodness for the good weather!  We went to a BBQ Saturday, and then had a graduation party last night.  Lots of playing out in the sunshine and fresh air.  Can't ask for more than that!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Weather says a thunderstorm watch for southern N.E.  The sky here is blue blue with only a few puffy white clouds.  Sat out back in the sun for a bit, then decided I'd better get a wash thrown in just in case we do get the thunderstorms.  Leafing through some very old Good Eating magazines and my mouth is salivating.  One recipe was for a slaw of shredded cabbage, peeled, sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced cukes and the usual dressing of oil, vinegar, sugar boiled for 5 minutes, cooled and then poured over salad and allowed to sit for a couple of hours.  (Have to go back and check, seems as tho I've forgotten some ingredient).

ETA:  chopped green onion -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

tt, you just proved my point!  No way will I hang around and interact with total strangers that could be posting from an institutional setting for all I know.

This is my last post on the CC forum.

However I will continue to participate in other forums, especially if I think my responses are helpful..
    Peace... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks everyone. He was just pleased. He has another half day tomorrow and farewell 6th grade. I'll be taking a half day tomorrow, as there is a party for the science teacher/choir director at a local park catered by Blue Ribbon BBQ.

- Darth Vadar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"tt, you just proved my point!  No way will I hang around and interact with total strangers that could be posting from an institutional setting for all I know.

This is my last post on the CC forum.

However I will continue to participate in other forums, especially if I think my responses are helpful..
    Peace... " (Quote from RockinRobin39)

Excuse me a minute, they're here with my pills - - -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Does your son's school go up through 8th grade, Winter?  Or will he be going on to another school next year?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It goes until the 8th grade and he has asked to go to Catholic High School, I told him we'd see about that, but that we could look at the test prep book this year. The ones around my town are way over my price point though. There are however, some goods ones near where work.

- Darth Vadar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's good.  I don't know why they have to charge so much for the young kids' tuitions.  The Catholic schools all expect a lot of participation from the parents, with fund raisers etc, and it's a shame that some kids can't continue on because of the cost.  Don't know yet what my son will do about high school for his son.  Talking St. John's Prep, but they have a girl who is presently going to OLA too, and money stretches only so far.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Time to dust the white padded walls...the in-laws are coming to visit.

It was sunny, hot, no reason in the world to think I better run out and close the sunroof and windows on the car.  Then, I wondered what's that NOISE?!  RAIN!!!!  It was suddenly pouring so out I went, got soaked, sat on a wet driver's seat, closed it all up, and by the time I got in the house, the sun was back out and it had totally stopped.  Nice, huh?

Maybe that really happened, and maybe I'm crazy...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think you're having a delusional episode again, Kargiver!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My son's school doesn't have a volunteer policy, luckily, as I'd be stretched too thin with my time. Your GS is going in the 7th grade as well, right?

- Darth Vadar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

I think you're having a delusional episode again, Kargiver!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

I don't think I took my meds this morning!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

My son's school doesn't have a volunteer policy, luckily, as I'd be stretched too thin with my time. Your GS is going in the 7th grade as well, right?

- Darth Vadar

Yes he is.  Sister is going into the 4th.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thunder is rolling closer and closer.  A few drops of rain.  You look one way in the sky and it's bright, and turn and look the other and it's dark.  I can smell the rain and wet soil tho.  Love that smell.  If it starts lightening I'll be off the boards.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Thanks, Ache, for the head's up about the raid tomorrow.  I'll clean up my act before they bust down the doors.  I have to tell you tho, they aren't going to put a sweet little old lady like me in the hoosegow.

I dont want you to go to jail, trumpet. I just want you to think twice before making another bad decision again that negatively impacts our wonderful planet earth...

PS Drove by your house today. Stopped and took photographs of the scene as the federal agents moved in (please see below). Hazmat suits, huh? Interesting. I wasnt expecting that

Either the environmental dangers on site are even worse than I first thought, or else the agents are just taking extra care to protect themselves against harmful overexposure to your lethal apple crisp banana bread. Probably the latter...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Artist's rendering of toytrumpet pulling into the Ocean State Job Lot parking area early this morning, seemingly oblivious to the serious nature of the federal laws she stands accused of violating

(You are welcome to caption the picture if you like...)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Calling you out on this one Ache. My father had cancer during the summer months, during his chemo treatments and during his final days he was constantly cold, there weren't enough blankets in the house to keep him warm...fossil fuels were the last worry of ours. If he wanted the heat at 100 degrees we would have done that for him. 

Like miscricket basically said, to each his/her own.

I'm sorry about your father, but his illness was extreme. Obviously an exception would be made for him or anyone else in a similar situation

Trumpet however was not suffering last week. Far from it. She is a healthy, robust woman who was inconvenienced by a little chill in the air. Please do not compare her situation with that of your father

By doing so you are indirectly supporting her irresponsible behavior and sending her a clear message that degrading our environement is okay

It isnt...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I had my working materials out on the porch, then got came in to respond to someone....got distracted and then...the sky is black...better get out there...piled it up just as the first drops began to fall...hunched over it all and threw it on the DR table.  Better go get the table cleared up before supper.  Of course I planned a summer supper - tuna, sliced tomato, and potato chips - glad I didn't plan to grill.  That's tomorrow.  Pork chops.  I've never grilled pork chops before - any advice from you veterans?

Kudos to your DS Winter for that story board thing! 

Happy Bunker Hill Day everyone!