June 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: June 2013

Oh, meant to tell you, I think I've solved the non-melting choc chips scenario.  You know how sometimes you pick up something and it just doesn't look right, doesn't look the same?  Today I replenished my choc chips, and automatically got the semi-sweet.  That's what I always use, and last week I had picked up the milk chocolate chips by mistake.  Remember thinking the pkg colors were different.  I'm sure that's probably the difference in the consistency/melting.  At any rate, I can recommend that recipe, because they are delicious.  You'll feel as tho you should have used a smaller pan when you try to press the dough down into the 9x13, but it rises up when baking and works out fine.  Plan to make a tray again next time G.T. and partner come down.

Winter, their cousin has a peanut allergy and I remember by son and DIL thinking they wouldn't give their son any, just in case.  So, he never  had any, and neither have they given GD any.  Kids don't seem to miss it or ever ask to taste it.  It becomes hard at Halloween and Easter tho to eliminate any candies with nuts of any kind.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Ache, just to clear up the confusion - the pics you posted of a supposedly "hasmat" crew, were actually the new gardeners I hired this year.  Apparently they all suffer from summer allergies, but because they love the work they do, carry on, wearing specialized gear.  The pic of them peering into boxes, was when they took their lunch break.  All of them brought their own food, and I chuckled because like kids in a cafeteria, there was some swapping of lunches going on.  Some of them are allergic to peanut butter as well, and heard I do a lot of my baking with it.  So as not to be tempted by the wonderful aroma, they had what look like gas masks slung around their waists.  At the first hint of baking, they all tightened the masks around their faces, - but kept right on working.  A very dedicated crew and I'm very happy with them.

I hope this clears up your misconception about my premises being raided.  I've hired them to do the lawn work every 2 weeks, so should you choose to stake out my house again in 2 weeks, that's the scene that will be repeated.  Please no more false accusations that hit the press and stir my neighbors up.

P.S.  I notice you chose not to post the picture of me bringing out cold drinks to them and sharing a laugh or two -

trumpet:

You dont work at Burger King, but you sure know how to sell a Whopper. I'll give you that much

I aint buyin' it though. Nice try

Artist rendering of toytrumpet, poised behind her computer, composing another tall tale for her friends at the OBN Network

Caption: "I wonder if pingo will believe my latest whopper? Oh, that one believes anything I tell her. I'm toytrumpet! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I finally got it off my chest. I told BDC they stink. Like the rest of you, I had such trouble moving around pages. It is annoying. You have something great to post (at least in your mind) and by the time, the posting page gets up, you have forgotten, what you wanted to talk about.

I meant to mention the other day, that if you TJ's shoppers haven't tried their Mango Sorbet - please do so. You are in for a real treat.
    Came home early from the office. We are going out for dinner tonight with friends. Amongst them our Alzheimer friend's wife. It is always so sad to see him missing at the table. I needed to put up the legs for a while before we leave.
    Also, I noticed this afternoon going right by it, there is an "upscale consignment shop" opened right on Main street in Wakefield. They had some really nice things in the window. Will have to stop by there some day.
    Have a nice evening everyone.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

P.S.  I notice you chose not to post the picture of me bringing out cold drinks to them and sharing a laugh or two -

Oopsy daisy! toytrumpet delivering refreshments to federal agents investigating environmental hazards at her home on Monday illegal alien landscapers mowing her lawn on Monday

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

By Gawd, you must have been there - I am taking tripsies lately!

BTW, these workers are not illegal aliens, they all speak very good English, and can understand every word I say.

ETA:  Looking closely at that picture, I think that was taken at a function I attended the previous Saturday.  A little unnerving that you got pics of that, Ache.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

"Senora trumpet eez a nice lady, but she eez muy loco. She theenks I am a gringo! Heehaw heehaw"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Pingo, where is the consignment shop near?

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    Boy, Uncle Ache must be really bored these days. I have a hard time to find him funny. But it  is his Forum as well, so he can post whatever he wants.
    Winter, the consignment shop is right in downtown Wakefield on Main Street. There was a clothing store there once. Can't remember the name. Coming from Melrose/Malden, it is on the right side; a corner store.
    Had dinner out w/ friends last night. Our friend, whose husband has Alzheimers was joining us. It was tough; we all missed him. She is such a trooper.
    Had a lovely cuppa this morning on my deck. My Cardinals don't like to use the feeder (and it does have a special Cardinal Ring??). So this is the scenario. The Cardinal female (guess male are cowards) comes to sit on our deck railing and makes a lot of noise to make us aware, they are ready to be fed. Then we open the slider (and she flies away) and sprinkle some seeds on the deck. She and the male come right back and feed each other. This morning they brought 2 babies. What a lovely sight. Right there 3 feet away from us. Nature is just wonderful.
    Getting ready for my next company coming this Sunday. I am out of flour, so shopping will be on my schedule tonight, after I leave the office.
    Made another batch of muffins this morning. Blueberry Muffins - had blueberries to use up. So now I have a couple of items stored away for breakfast. 10 seconds in the microwave, and they are a good as newly baked.
    Hope you are having a grand time w/ your company, Kar. Your MIL sounds like a wonderful lady. Glad you are having such good relations w/ her. How are the strawberries doing? How many more pounds did you pick? They like water, so these last few days of rain must really have loaded your patch.
    Have a good day everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Expected to see 5 identical copies of my post, because I clicked and clicked on "post" and got nothing.  So, copied what I had written, and here it is:

Good morning,

Quiet on the boards this morning.  Such a beautiful day, those not working are probably taking advantage of getting out in it.  Altho, here, it's quiet on the street too.  Not many joggers/runnings going by.

Nothing on the docket for the day, have wheelbarrowed the trash out, and will probably try for the umpteenth time to get summer weight slacks together and down for pressing.  Seems as tho each time I go upstairs I lug down a couple of pair, but I know there are a lot more hiding somewhere.  Wasn't very organized in my putting away last Fall.  Will take up a trash bag for donations too and  just put things I haven't worn in a couple of years in, and then just forget about them, putting them out for pickup.

Have heard back from one of my friends who was waiting for husband's test results, that the test did signifiy the return of cancer, but that it is a treatable one, and not the worse scenario they had prepared themselves for.  So many people going through tough medical times now, hope those on the board will have encouraging news as far as treatment goes.

I'll check to see what's going on here from time to time today.  Kargiver, you have a gorgeous day to entertain your company.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, great news for your friend. Glad to hear that.
    "Quiet on the boards this morning"? - Can't get in - out - move around. I don't know, what BDC is up to, but they ain't helping the posters. So frustrating.
    In the "old days", we could have a back and forth discussion, but no more.
    Where are you going "poking" today? Wish I had your leisure time to move around, where I want to. But work is calling.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Breaking news! (For whatever it is worth. LOL)
    Just saw my male cardinal feeding from the feeder, sitting on the Cardinal Ring. WOW!!

- Eleanor Roosevelt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Not going poking today, Pingo, will be homebound, getting to some of the things I keep pushing aside.  Stop over later for coffee - and I was going to say "a peanut butter square", but remember that you aren't in that sweet eating category with me anymore.  I'll enjoy yours for you!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm here. I was the early bird on this morning. :)

- Darth Vadar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, I saw my male swoop down to the  ground and feed what looked like a sparrow yesterday - must have been a cardinal baby, but no hint of the red in the feathers or beak.  Are you babies sparrow look-alikes?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo is the store closer the Melrose side of Wakefield? I don't live that way, I'll be coming from another direction, but I want to look at it. 

- Darth Vadar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sadly we found a baby sparrow in our pool the other day. :( 

- Darth Vadar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Sadly we found a baby sparrow in our pool the other day. :( 

- Darth Vadar

Yes, I've found them occasionally in my little pond too, they go for a drink.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

DS found him, he wasn't happy about it. He loves animals. Got his report card yesterday; was very pleased. All A's and B's with two C+'s. He has ADHD, so math and science are harder for him since he has to focus more, but I was very proud with it. 

- Darth Vadar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's a wonderful card.  I don't think you are going to have to worry about him, he comes across as a hard worker.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Congratulations on DS's report card, Winter. Great (no, fantastic) for someone w/ ADHD. Oldest son suffered from ADHD too, but have learned to live w/ it, and have a great job and life now. Your son will too. But I agree, it will be hard work along the road.
    My advice will be, please ignore, that your son has ADHD. Acknowledged it, but don't let it be a hindrance for him to succeed. Push him, if you have to. But most of all, get him into a HS, that that will push him to his limits. You will be glad you did. I know, you didn't ask for my advice, but having to deal with it, I just offered my perspective of it.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes tt, the cardinal babies do look like skinny sparrows. They were here for more than an hour. Just sprinkled some more seeds for them.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good morning.  Busy, busy here before all the vacations start next month - lots of loose ends clients want to tie up before the summer.  In a few weeks we will be looking for things to do.  On top of that, spending my "free" time attending to the details of baby's girl's bday party.  Just about everything is in place, so I'm happy with the progress.  I am a "lister" - constantly making lists and crossing off.  Today's task is to order the cakes and start making calls to the non-RSVPers. 

Congrats to DS, Winter.  That is an excellent report card, and I agree with TT.  He's a hard worker - he'll do well always.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks everyone. I push him to be a hard worker, but he does it. 

Pingo, that's why I like the smaller school setting, the teachers can give him more time that they wouldn't in public. He doens't have an IEP because the stupid city I used to live in since it wasn't a meidcal condition. His school looked at the test results and concluded he didn't need an IEP but they made him a 504 accomdation plan. So for instance he gets to take the standarized test untimed in a room with others that need it. He doesn't take Spanish, as he gets to work on his writing with a special ed teacher. He does take medication during school months, but only because he was not able to concentrate no matter what methods people were doing. His grades should get him into a Catholic High School, but it's the test scores on the admission that have me worried.

- Darth Vadar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just cut up a cantalope, watermelon, strawberries, and bosc pears I bought yesterday and will use them on a lettuce leaf with a scoop of cottage cheese and a glass of iced tea for lunch.  -  Is it time to eat yet?  lol

Got a couple of the small things I had wanted to get done done, haven't tackled going upstairs yet for the clothes, but will.  It's such  a beautiful day, will find time to sit out back and read a little too, or maybe pull out that afghan I've been semi working on for years now.  Wish it were in the right colors for the new baby who is coming along, but G.T. is making a quilt for him, as he did his brother.

They're excited to be having a new friend they've met at a couple of functions to dinner Friday night.  He has seen pictures of the house but not actually been there before.  G.T. says he has a beautiful home of his own, and travels widely, so an interesting person to get to know.  Don't know what the main meal will be, but baked Alaskas for dessert.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, so happy for you. Sounds like you are on the right track. I don't know about IEP or 504. When my boys went to school, there was not such thing. We went "by the seat of out pants" - hoping for the best. A small school setting is definitely the best way to go, which you must already have experienced, having DS attend a private school.
    Hope for you, he will be able to continue to do that, and not getting lost in the public school system. I am not against public schools at all. There are some great schools, that turn out great students. But for us w/ special needs children, and special needs cover multiple factors. A very bright child is a special need child as well. Something public schools don't cater to IMO.
    Good luck and best wishes.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Sections
Shortcuts