June 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: June 2013

I buy the Tidy Cats scoopable, and pay the same as you.  Every once in a while Target has these sales, I think to move the heavier containers of litter and I just  happened to walk down that aisle.   It sits in the trunk of my car, until I see my son at the barbecue Sunday and ask him to stop by and lug it down cellar for me.

The ibuprofen always helps pain for me, I'm just not supposed to take it at all.  Obviously because I could run out to the store, it's much better than at first.

Picked up an individual chicken pot pie and heated it for my supper.  Tasted so good, a perfect night for it with a dish of sliced tomatoes/cukes with dressing.  Got a couple of packs of mini eclairs and will freeze at least one of pack to have as a frozen dessert when the boys come Saturday.

Glad to hear your husband is feeling better.  Enjoy your pampering tomorrow.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

I buy the Tidy Cats scoopable, and pay the same as you.  Every once in a while Target has these sales, I think to move the heavier containers of litter and I just  happened to walk down that aisle.   It sits in the trunk of my car, until I see my son at the barbecue Sunday and ask him to stop by and lug it down cellar for me.

The ibuprofen always helps pain for me, I'm just not supposed to take it at all.  Obviously because I could run out to the store, it's much better than at first.

Picked up an individual chicken pot pie and heated it for my supper.  Tasted so good, a perfect night for it with a dish of sliced tomatoes/cukes with dressing.  Got a couple of packs of mini eclairs and will freeze at least one of pack to have as a frozen dessert when the boys come Saturday.

Glad to hear your husband is feeling better.  Enjoy your pampering tomorrow.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

TT...I use the scoopable litter as well..but the Fresh Step brand. Be careful lugging that thing down your basement stairs! You are smart to wait for your son to do it for you. Even I..who do weight training a couple of times a week..think those big containers are awkward..especially if you are on the short side.

Do you have a heating pad? If yes...you could use it on your back later tonight so that it doesn't stiffen up overnight.

That stinks that you are not able to take Ibuprofen. That is actually the only pain reliever I am allowed to take. Works like a charm though thankfully..but it's also not good to take it for long periods of time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm very careful with heavy stuff - usually.  I sit the canister of litter on the side of the 4th or 5th cellar stair, then push the litter box over to it, and just tip the canister so the litter falls out to the box below.  No lifting needed.  Little tricks you learn when you live alone and have a bad back. - Which feels fine tonight.  Just a little strain from earlier.

Guess I'll play one more game of MahJong, check at 9:00 to see if any of my programs are on, and shut the computer off for the night.  Chat tomorrow.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

Looks like we got gentler rain than predicted; the garden looks so happy!  Balance seems to be reestored.  We have lots of baseball sized and smaller tomatoes, and the onions are starting to bulb.  Still getting radishes and lettuce so salads have been on the menu a lot.  I just cooked up the last of the TJ's chicken breasts that I chop raw and saute to go with.  DH likes that and regular tuna salad.  

tt, how is your back this morning?  I hope it was just a temporary twinge of a reminder to be careful.

Lunch is still on, I've got my shoes by the door to exchange, and I'm counting down.  Got a ton of strawberry work done yesterday and it's raining today so no loss there for being away.  I suppose I should seal up the cookie sheet frozen ones before I go, but not feeling it, LOL.

So, just sitting here in my PJs listening to the rain with my cuppa for now.

TGIF, everyone!  Where are our regulars - Princess?  Amber?  Tulips?  JC?  MM?  Hoping all is well.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, be careful with the litter those containers can get heavy. Have a good day out East Kar. Looks like a rainy weekend. I have a cousin and her husband over on Sunday. We hadn't seen each other much, but spent a lot of time together during KC's funeral, etc., we realized we missed each and life's too short. Hopefully we get some pool time.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Rain has stopped here, poured during the night (no new ceiling leaks-yah!),but this morning is damp, foggy, chilly.  Just got up a few minutes ago, uncomfortable night.  So glad I listened to my instinct and pushed to get everything I needed yesterday.  Now today will in reality be a day of my own, to pace myself as pain dictates, and prioritize what needs to get done.  'm getting into my oldest, softest, most comfortable clothes and will sip my Irish Breakfast tea during the day - all comfort props. (might even bite into one of those mini eclairs I kept out!) 

Got up too late to see my little Handsome Harry, but I emailed Cat Lady to be sure she's on the lookout for him.

Enjoy your lunch out East, Kargiver.  It's a great day to brighten up with lunch with a friend.  S&S had beautiful big heads of lettuce yesterday so I picked up two, not realizing I still had an unopened head in the crisper, so salad will be on my menu for lunch.  Cooking up a couple of chicken breasts to chop for lunch for the boys tomorrow, chicken salad on beds of lettuce with red grapes around the bottom and a splash of raspberry/walnut vinaigrette.

OK, shower and dress, then breakfast, then take a look at that poem for the last verse.  Hope you all are comfortable and dry.  Safe driving, Kargiver.  Hope the store has your shoes in the size you need in stock. 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Your post made me tear up, Winter - soooo true and while I'm sorry for the reason, I'm glad for the reconnections your family is making.

tt, sounds like you are doing pretty well, just a minor strain, thankfully.  I hope you'll be able to share your mmasterpiece with us when it's done.  

Thanks for the well wishes!  I'm about to leave so I can shop before lunch.  Will let Gracie do her thing and then off I go.

have a great day, everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    So what is heavier, 20 lbs. of cat litter or 20 lbs. of bird seeds? You guessed it. It depends on who is picking it up. Those large bags are so darn heavy. I was lucky, that I had help in the store and someone to load it in my car for me. So sorry you strained your back, tt. Hope you will be feeling better as the day goes by, and that you will be all fine for the party.
    Have a great day out East, Kar. At least there are no strawberry patches, where you are going. So how many pounds have you picked and prepared so far? Be careful driving though. We are going to have flash showers today. Hope you don't run into one, like I did.
    Glad to hear your DH is starting to feel like his old self again, MC.
    And thanks you ladies, for all your tips and hints in regard to my Lasagna. I am all set for using the no cook noodles. At least one time consuming step will be avoided. Dragging out my largest pot, so the noodles could fit. Boiling them and then lay them out on lightly oiled foil, so they didn't stick. That was my usual routine. Extra sauce in btw. the layers sounds good too.
    Waking up to a dismal morning. My company will be here later tonight. Hope tmw. will be better, so DH can take them up to Rockport or such (aka get them out of the house - LOL).
    They will be leaving early Sunday morning.
    Getting ready to go to TX. Have to call DIL later, it is her 40th birthday today.
    Have a good day everyone. Stay dry.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So true about the  heavy birdseed, Pingo.  Forgot that just the day before, after they had loaded the bag from the loading dock into my car, I had wrestled with getting 20 lbs. of Blue Seal birdseed from the Coop, out of my trunk into the wheelbarrow, and out of the wheelbarrow up a couple of stairs and into my kitchen - where it still sits.  20 lbers two days in a row, no wonder my back is screaming.  Guess I was putting a "good buy" ahead of a "good back" this week.  I'll learn, eventually - how many years do I have left in which to do that??

Hope you are able to find a way to enjoy your company before they leave, Pingo.  Weatherman this morning says these showers will continue Sat and Sun.  That means a zillion people inside pumpkin's house, but since his mom "can go anytime now", I'm sure it won't be rescheduled.  It will be good food and good conversation, so what's a little squeezing?  haha

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad you and your cousin and husband are picking up the threads again, Winter.  How true it is, we never do realize how little time we may have to spend with family.  A couple of months will go by sometimes between lunch dates with my cousin.  Since I am always and have always been the one to initiate asking to get together, sometimes when pride and who knows what other feelings get in the way, I purposely don't bring it up.  Then, I'll think, well she's the only outside relative I have, besides my NH nephew, and we do enjoy each other's company (at least I do hers), and I'll put in a call and say, "Do you have a day next week to get together?"  Time is short on both our sides.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

You know TT, I hate hate hate the telephone.  I have to psych myself up for months to call people for 'pleasure' rather than business reasons.  Maybe your cousin is that way?

I hope your back feels better after today; be careful not to strain it - you are baking right?

I just had a fluffernutter and milk for lunch because this is a 'my own' day.  Have a load of laundry in and am just doing a few little things around the house.  Will get a pizza tonight and continue the 'easy day' theme.

Pingo, I hope your lasagne comes out well and the visitors are not too trying.  Winter, hope the weather cooperates Sunday so you can get some pool time in with cousin and her husband.

MC I hope this humid weather is not too uncomfortable for your husband and he continues to feel well.  Off to take the wash out and dry/hang it up.  Then I will shower....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Got all ready to make the hermits first, getting my ingredients out on the table and dry ingredients in the sifter - - what did I spy?  a black ant on its way up my sugar canister!  Ugh.  My canisters have tight vacuum seal covers too, so I didn't see how any could have gotten in there - they did.  Dumped 4 lbs. down the disposal and ran out to get more sugar (Domino is 2- 4lb bags for $5 today I found when I got in there) and some tight, screw on covers containers for my sugar and flour.  Now, of course, it's time to eat and watch Y&R.  Glad I started this cooking thing today instead of waiting for tomorrow.  Then I'd really have been under the gun.

Also got some Rait bait traps and spray that I'll do after all the baking is done and put away.

Hats, my cousin and I talk at least once a week, so that isn't the problem, tho I know what you mean, it takes me a lot to pick up the phone too, it's just she has NEVER said, "Do you want to get together"  whether it be for a lunch date or even when we used to vacation together - it was always me that asked.  Anyway, what difference, I guess, as long as I get the desired result I want. lol

Y&R calls.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Strange what floats around in the energy around us - posting earlier about my cousin - I got a call today from a friend I haven't actually seen in 2 years, I think.  Her doing.  She used to come all the time, would come for breakfast, lunch, whatever.  Then became very involved in her sr. center and whenever I did try to initiate getting together, she would check her calendar and relate to me her daily litany with no time available.  Point being, we never have gotten together in the last 2 years, tho we talk occasionally.  She was telling me today about the distance that has occurred between she and her sister who lives out Boston way, that she felt her sister was "too busy" it seemed to ever get together.  I said, "Maybe she's the one who feels you are too busy.  That's the way I feel when we talk and you start tellling me how busy you are every day.

Long and short of it is that we did set up a date in a couple of weeks.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ache, I know you scan out posts now and again - got a list of anagrams today and thought this one was harmless.  what can you make out of it?  (You may have already seen this email)

PRESBYTERIAN 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good evening,
    Lasagna put all together  - ready to go in the oven. DH is picking up our guests around 8 - so I will start it in another 1/2 hour. Garlic bread is wrapped in foil and ready to go to and all the salad greens are washed, the dressing made and tiny tomatoes, green onions and baby cucumbers ready as well. My kitchen smells delightful.
    I bought donuts (can't remember, when I did that last) and cut up and sugared strawberries. I will toast the donut halves and make pretend strawberry shortcakes w/ whipped cream for dessert.
    Lots of experiments going on tonight. Will let you know, how it all turns out. Fortunately our guests will never know, they are guinea pigs.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Pingo...what a clever idea for strawberry shortcake. Hope all your "experiments" come out well. I am sure everything will be fine :-)

For stuff like cat litter and birdseed..it's not so much that I think they are heavy..just awkward to carry! I like TT's system for filling the cat box!

Kar...hope you had a great time in our lovely East coast area and a lovely lunch.

Winter..it's so nice to grow unexpectedly close to a family member.  BTW..I hate the phone too. I think caller ID is the absolute best invention. I rarely answer the house phone when I am home unless it's someone that I know and want to talk to. I keep a strict limit on how many people have my cell number..so I am more likely to answer that ( though not if I don't recognize the number).

I get too many calls at the office to want to talk on the phone when I am off the clock!

Had a nice couple of hours of pampering at the hair salon. Decided to try highlights..first time ever I did any kind of color. I like the results.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

See Ache didn't stop by last night, so I'll post the anagram that came with Presbyterian  -

Best in Prayer

I'm not very good at doing anagrams, but for anyone else who likes to try them, another on the list was:  The Morse Code.

Enjoy your day,  I still have a lot to do.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Good morning!

We're on the road to motorcross in Southwick today. DS has been waiting all week to go to the "dirt race" and wants a hat and shirt this year. We made him empty his piggy bank to pay for one of them! 

I went back to work in the office 2 days this week. It was lousy.  The kids did fine at day care but the 4 hour commute just killed me. I don't expect to be able to work from home much longer,  which means I will soon be giving my notice. I've got 3 jobs to apply for tonight or tomorrow. And my freezer and pantry are full. I'm sure we'll figure it out. 

Off to enjoy the weekend!  Screw work!

SAW

:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Muggy morning. Tried to sit outside early this morning to enjoy my coffee, but got back in quickly. Too humid.
    How is your back this morning, tt? I have a "knot", that bothered me last night. Couldn't find a sleeping position. How is Pumpkin's mom? Will she be able to attend her party, or do you all have to move to the delivery room?
    My guests just left w/ DH after a breakfast of blueberry pancakes. They are aiming for Boston. I am sure they will hit a museum instead in this humidity.
    The lasagna last night was excellent. The no boil noodles are here to stay. Not one iota of difference in taste or texture. And lot less work and clean up. I did add 1/2 cup of red wine to the sauce, just before I layered it, and I used a bit more sauce in btw. the layers, than I use to. It came out perfect. Thanks ladies for all your inputs.
    The donut "shortcakes" were a big hit too. Going to be a keeper. I used the plain non glazed donuts and toasted them very lightly before adding the strawberries and whipped cream. Such an easy dessert, and hardly any work. No baking and hot kitchen either.
    I am not planning any dinner for tonight. If the weather is for it, I will run out and get some corn and veggies and we may do some grilling. If not, we will take them out somewhere.
    So, the day is all mine. Have to run up to Costco for some meds, and maybe I will go for a pedicure. Have a good day everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, I was sitting out on the deck wondering how your lasagne came out; glad to hear it was good.  Congratulations!  DD asked me to go shopping with her today; still waiting!  But I spoke to her and we will be leaving shortly.   I'm thinking of a Costco chicken for tonight because there is nothing easier and I need to go there for a couple of crucial things, like coffee. 

More sun than I expected today.  Hope tomorrow is the same!  Hope you are all enjoying the day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks, Hats. I am glad it turned out so well after all my misconceptions. But I think, we cooks are often afraid of trying something new, when the old standby always worked for us. Why change, if is works kind of thing. I do have to say after spending hours on the sauce, I would have been in tears, if it had turned into a disaster.
    We love Costco chicken in out household. I get 3 meals out of it. Roasted chicken, chicken pot pie and chicken salad. If the boys are visiting, I buy two.
    Didn't get my pedicure as planned. Had an emergency at the office, I had to take care of, while DH is gallivanting with our guests. Brought corn on he way back. Looks like it is going to be a nice evening to use the grill. It was only $2 for 10 - so if we don't use them, not much lost.
    Enjoy the evening and your Costco chicken.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I'm not very good at doing anagrams, but for anyone else who likes to try them, another on the list was:  The Morse Code.

All I could come up with wa COSMO THE DEER (please see picture below), but I know that isnt right

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

All I could come up with wa COSMO THE DEER (please see picture below), but I know that isnt right

One that as sent to me for THE MORSE CODE was:  HERE COME DOTS.   But I think yours is more inventive.

Want one last one?  If you look at the previous pattern for others, you may come up with the same anagram.

ASTRONOMER

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Beautiful start to the day, cool air coming in windows.  Got up at 6:00, and soon after Harry came up the walk.  After he had eaten tho and went off, I could hear catawalling - didn't know there were any other cats around here for him to howl at - only lasted a few minutes, so I guess he has chased it off.

Yesterday, was busy from morning to night, both with getting gift and card ready for today, and putting together a fresh fruit bowl to go with chicken salad plates for boys when they came.  Late afternoon I got started on frosting and traying the half moons.  I just couldn't bring myself to frost them half blue as she wanted.  The thought of blue frosting to me just wasn't appetizing, so they're the usual "black and whites".  Was going to squiggle a thin blue stripe between brown and white, but couldn't even do that.  She'll have to forgive me.  I had stripped the bed in the morning too, so had to get a couple of washes done in between and the bed remade.  Now today, it really is leisurely until this afternoon's shebang.

At first we were afraid the new light was going to hang too low in my kitchen, but we all loved it so G.T. worked on the topmost part of the light and managed to remove a piece that made it just the right height.  I love it.  Has 5 chandeleir type bulbs set in frosted globes on a brushed chrome finish.  Now to get a new table, or complete kitchen set.  Think I will get them to go with me to Jordan's in the weeks to come.

SAW, hope you enjoyed the dirt races yesterday.  I googled it and wow, that's quite an event.

Miscricket, nice to try the highlights, I think they give a nice lift to your face.  Are you off/going away this week or is that someone else?

Time for breakfast - after I eat my oatmeal with blueberries maybe I'll sneak one of those 32 half moons. 

Have a great day, everyone.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Sunday morning,
    DH just left w/ our guests after a breakfast of banana muffins.
    We had a lovely evening last night grilling corn. And I made "campfire potatoes" (foil packages w/ potatoes, green peppers and onions). Then a large salad w/ a ginger/sesame dressing to finished it. Watermelon was our dessert. We sat outside until 11 o'clock. The evening was just so nice, no one wanted to go inside.
    Hope the weather stays well for your party, tt. I am w/ you. I would hesitate to make blue half moons. Not appetizing at all. How is mom doing?
    Going to the office :( when DH gets back. Not the best way to spend a Sunday, but we are leaving for TX this coming week, so we have to "think ahead".

Can I play your anagram, tt? Astronomer: MOON STARER. One anagram I love is Dormitory: DIRTY ROOM. How true.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt