June 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: June 2013

Good morning,

No, no harm done, Hats.  I was pretty close to the ground to begin with, bending down to put his shoe on, just sort of tumbled sideways the rest of the way down onto the grass.  And the dog was sitting right there, and saw an opportunity to play so layed across me!  The funniest part to me was me trying to get one of the guy's attention, in my mind's eye looked like that commercial, "I've fallen, and I can't get up" - because since I can't kneel, I couldn't.

Princess, glad to hear your mother's operation brought her relief.

Have a lot of running around to do this morning before the rains come.  Here, there and everywhere, for all sorts of things, not the least of which, Father's Day cards, so will drag myself away from MahJong, and shower and dress.  I'll check in later.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good Monday morning, everyone - here we are again, so fast.

tt, loved your description of the day.  I hope much of it went in your journal. :)  Your romp with the dog sounds pretty funny given you didn't break ribs!  And, there's a one-upper, praise hogger in nearly every crowd.  I don't think they think of the hurt it causes others; they just crave attention and do what they need to do to get it.  Sad, really, that adults (in age, at least) can have a need to act that way.

Prin, so pleased for your mom.  Praying a continued positive recovery for her.

Speaking of surgery, my dad is having cataract surgery soon...can't remember the date...the 18th feels right.

Pingo, never answered your question about the triplets' presents being stuffed bears.  I wimped out and didn't do that for 3.  Maybe next year.  This week I have to go buy something.  The blankets were such a big deal, and the 3 yo's bear was a LOT of work so I just didn't feel motivated to take on 3 in a row this year.

Well, here it is almost 8...I better get ready to leave for my regular Monday morning routine.

Chat later. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. So I had to leave Friday as DS had a temperature. Sorry I didn't write before I left. I was able to finish my CPR re-certification.

The poster is down. I will try to upload the photo to shutter fly later and one of the sciene fair project.

Seems like everyone had a lovely weekend. tt, sorry about your tumble, I have this picture of you with a dog laying across you. What type of dog?

So I was in Boston yesterday with two friends and I went to the finish line of the Marathon. I had to do it, I took some photos.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, my mom had cataract on one eye in May. She's having the other one done either this month or next month.

- Darth Vadar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    tt, I hope you are feeling better this morning, and it was only your pride getting hurt with the fall.
    Kar, I don't blame you for chickening out making 3 bears for the trips. I was just wondering.
    Princess, glad to hear your mom's surgery went well. Hopefully it will relieve her pain for a long time to come.
    Had a lovely day yesterday going to a cook out at friends. I was asked to bring an appetizer, so I made my mom's mushroom pate. Instead of cream cheese, I used goat cheese. It was low cal and such a big hit.
    Our big "argument" re friends' visits paid off to my advance. Even though DS has asked us multiple times, we were not planning to go to TX for the 4th. But this morning DH showed me an airline itinerary for the two of us. Made it last night after I went to sleep. Yeah!
    Getting ready to leave for work. Hope you all have a good day.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It was a golden lab mix, Winter, as gentle as they come.

Slow as can be moving around in here for me this morning, not sure if it's my computer or the site.

Have been out and just got back in, errands all done, even those elusive father's day cards, the ordinary ones "for any dad".  Hit Dollar Tree, Target, and finally the Paper Store.  Their selection asn't a whole lot better.

Oh, I have to post this:  Is Big Brother reading my posts?  When I got home I had one message, a lengthy one about the home call thing you wear around your neck in case you fall and "can't get up" !!!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That is oo funny, tt. I get them all the time in the mail. That and heaing aids. I think they look at your age, then shoot out whatever they thing you may need. In your case that gadget wouldn't have helped anyway.
    I highly recommend some PT. They work on your balance as well. I know, I improved mine. Yesterday, at the cook out, I met a PT doc, who told me - there are balance classes for seniors. I will be looking into them seriously.
    Also, a friend of mine go to Chi-chi and have been encouraging me to join. However, time is my enemy.
    I have no problem getting into the Forums, but mowing around the Forums is really frustrating. Hope they fix that soon.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thx for your thoughts on baby's girl's fall.  She is no worse for the wear, and still without fear - this weekend she figured out how to go up stairs!

Winter - good for you to face it head on.  Hope you are allowing yourself to feel whatever it may have stirred up.  Hugs to you.  Hope DS is feeling better, too.

TT- glad you are OK, but I have to laugh!  What a picture you drew for us!!

Pingo - how fun to be heading back to TX!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Raining, again, after the empty promise of a sunny day this morning.  Oh, well, the newly planted squashes will be happy.

Winter, I'm glad you went.  The scraped facades must not yet be replaced...

Pingo, I didn't feel judged, lol. :)  Pate with goat cheese - YUM!  How rich tasting and yet technically light.  No one would guess.  I'm glad your discussion paid off.  I'm hoping ours really does, too.  Seems it will, but you never really know 'til the rubber meets the road.

Stairs, Nov?  OMG...

tt, that dog must have been 50+ lbs...you could have been crushed, lol.

Just had a delicious buffalo blue panini from a spot in town that I just discovered carries my all time favorite beer - no place around here carries it so I usually have to go without.  I can get it in Worcester, but it's across from Trader Joe's on a section of Rt 9 that isn't worth crossing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Pingo - glad to hear of your trip to TX!  That mushroom pate sounds wonderful!!!!  2 of my favorite foods!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Princess, you have a new avatar - love it!

My son who hosted the party just called to check to see how I was.  He said actually, the dog was sitting on me and pumpkin was standing there looking as tho he was getting ready to jump on too, to join in the fun!  I really wasn't hurt at all.  But I'll be careful from now on bending that close to the ground, that I'm holding on to something.

Novem, stairs - oh pumpkin loves them.  Love climbing up anything, in fact.  You'll have your hands full with your little one, once they discover something new like stairs, that's what they head for.

Pingo, nice that you're getting to go to TX again so soon.  You and DH must be good company.

Time for Dr. Phil.  Hope he has something good on today and not a rerun.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Thanks TT, if figured it was time to update it since Cal and Buster are no longer with us, lol.

Found that plant holder and I just couldn't resist!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

the triplets are climbers, too...all three of them.

Dr. Phil looks new.  I've got it on, but am half paying attention, cleaning.  I have my fav apron on. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

When I went in to turn the TV on (I hate this type of topic on there, btw), I looked down and I still have the apron on that I put on when I got home from errands and was making my lunch.  I tend to wear one all day around the house.  I'm a "wipe my hands on the apron" type of person.

Ohhhh, that little dog is a planter???  My gawd it looks real.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, tried to attach a picture of DS' poster. I know you asked about it Friday. Haven't had luck yet, but I'll post it when I'm able. Too cute that pumpkin was going to jump aboard the nana ride on Saturday. I had visions that it was the Mastiff that had laid down on you.

- Darth Vadar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, I hope you can get it to print.

OMG, if it had been Daisy, I would have been crushed!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Re: prin's avatar - I thought it was real, too.  Figured it was Tillie in a tutu.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That topic is so upsetting, indeed. I was barely listening. Didn't even realize it had ended, actually.

I, too, wipe my hands on whatever is handy.  I guess that's why we're both apron girls, tt!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I know, it is nothing new, but I have the hardest time to access the Chat. Not the Forums, but when I click on 'June' it takes forever to log.
    I never made it to the office today. I did my PT exercises this morning, and I was aching all over. It was a busy 3 day this weekend,  and I do need some time in btw. - which I didn't get - to find myself. Then I looked around my house, and decided my plants needed some TLC. Good excuse not to go.
    I did go out for a while. DH had a bad fall on a winding stair one of his job sites. He has a huge scrape on his arm. Needed to get some more large band aids and such. I begged him to go for a tetanus booster, but I might as well have spoken to myself. Why I men so macho, when they don't need to be?
    Finally making the potato salad - I have been dreaming of - tonight. Got some Franks in natural casings to go with at Hannafords. Anyone tried them? They are delicious.
    Btw. except for my little Lady Slipper, I discarded all my orchids today. It was really hard for me to do. Some are 10 years old, but the blooms gets less and less and smaller and smaller and I wait so long for them. They have served me so well, but I think it is about time to get a new stock.
    What is everyone else having for dinner tonight? Have a good one everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Apron girls, just realized I put mine on as soon as I get in. I never thought about it before this came up on the Chat, but I grew up w/ one and it is going to stay. LOL
    My DIL also wear aprons, when she is in the kitchen. The last time I visited, I saw a lovely one at WS, I couldn't pass by. She was so thrilled.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

For supper I scrambled some hamburg with chopped peppers and onions, and then added fresh halved campari salad tomatoes.  Had that over egg noodles.  Was good.

One of DIL's sister brought potato salad to the cookout, it was so good.  Told my DIL and she said, "Yes, I think she and you make the best potato salads I've ever had."  I seldom make any now, tend to go for the macaroni instead.  Enjoy yours tonight, Pingo.

My new butterfly bushes out front are doing beautifully.  The ones at the head of the driveway got plowed under one of the storms, and I don't think they are going to come back.

P.S.  My apron stays on until after supper when I've put the dishes in the dishwasher and wiped down the counters, then automatically take it off, and roll it up, ready for the next day.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Thanks, SS!  Kargiver,thanks so uch for in info especially abut the books.  My legs are a bit worse, the visiting nurse was here today and spoke to the Dr.,now I have to go back and see him tomorrow.  June is/was a real busy month for me, looks like I have to cancel lots of things....maybe July will be afull month!! take care ss

my grandmother suffered from that dermatitis - sorry you had insult added to injury with that, but at least it isn't due to a blood clot or some other scary thing. Did you get my reassurance about how pain meds reduce your interest in reading - it will return after your recovery.  Same thing happened to my mom after her heart surgery...she had so many books lined up for her recovery, and not one got read!

tt, saw just maybe light showers tomorrow coming from the south so you're probably good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

It was a golden lab mix, Winter, as gentle as they come.

Slow as can be moving around in here for me this morning, not sure if it's my computer or the site.

Have been out and just got back in, errands all done, even those elusive father's day cards, the ordinary ones "for any dad".  Hit Dollar Tree, Target, and finally the Paper Store.  Their selection asn't a whole lot better.

Oh, I have to post this:  Is Big Brother reading my posts?  When I got home I had one message, a lengthy one about the home call thing you wear around your neck in case you fall and "can't get up" !!!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

Oh...tt..that is really too funny. I can tell you one thing...Big brother is certainly watching your Google searches and your FB. If I have done a google search for a particular product or subject..it's almost guaranteed that an ad for something similare will appear on your Facebook home page. All the sites share info and do data mining..it just comes with the territory sadly.

You know..I was thinking that the dog coming to sit on you was probably her way of trying to help you and provide comfort. Sweet when you think of it like that.

For Father's day cards..did you try the CVS 99cent cards? I can usually find pretty generic stuff in that section.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I hardly ever go to CVS, there is one on route 1 that I go by sometimes, but just never think of going in.  I'm pretty well set now, picked up a couple at the Dollar Tree, and others between Target and the Paper Store.  Thought the selection this year was terrible.

As for the ad thing, I've noticed when I mention something on the boards, an ad pops up alongside on the screen.  What a tiring job that must be, reading all this gab and then pulling out stores to feature ads.

I've got to get my poetry hat on and get a poem written for the new baby to be before the cookout for that.  It'll be a homemade card, she wants him to have his own book that she'll put together as she has for pumpkin.  Said she doesn't want him to feel any less wanted than pumpkin was.  Early morning is my best time for that, out of practice as I am, so will see what I can come up with this week.

Think Real Housewives of OC is on tonight, so will get comfortable before that.  Shutting down the computer for the night.  Chat tomorrow.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Goodness gracious, I can barely get into the forums, either, and when I do I hardly ever get a box to post in, but here we are so here goes.

tt, actually, they have programs that run on the chats searching on key words.  If advertising software finds the words they hope to see, up goes the related ad.  Very sneaky.  What miscricket noted about google happened to us, and DH ended up buying something for me that I had googled at some point because he saw the ad for it and thought I'd like it.  Funny, in a sick sort of way, huh.

SS, so sorry your legs are not healing.  They must have told you or maybe you know, but just in case, I recommend you avoid salt, sugar, and refined flour.  All of those things cause you to retain water, and that puts strain on your skin.  For the same reason, drink a lot of water so you retain as little as humanly possible. :)

I have my apron on right now.  That's so interesting we are all apron wearers; I'm surprised more people aren't - who wants to drip stuff on their clothes?  Even folks who whip something up quickly after work might splatter something...oh, well, to each her own.

Have fun writing, tt - I'm sure it will be a masterpiece before you need to have it done.

Pingo, I've been on the lookout for a good hotdog; thanks for the tip - we'll try them.  The last few I've bought have been SO CAUSTICLY SALTY that we had to toss them.  Inedible.

Had Bob Mills 13 Bean soup tonight for dinner along with freshly picked garden salad.