June 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: June 2013

A peanut butter sandwich with a glass of milk, followed by cherry pie filling in a dish with whipped cream!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It might depend on what day you go and what manager is in charge - that might explain the different experiences at FF's.  I know that if I go to the same grocery store on the weekend it's a zoo and a mess, but on a Wednesday morning it's empty and spotless.

Prin, how is your mom?  Your health?  Have missed you - good to see you!

tt, we are, too - it's dark, thundering (distantly) and it just started raining.  Hopefully, that means a cool off...actually, isn't that predicted for tomorrow?  Big thunder rolls...

pingo, I have a gold filled Cross pen - maybe I should stock up if I can find any replacement ball point pen replacements!  Glad you found a place...what was it?  Do they carry Cross, too?

Ah, it's childhood favorites night on the Chat with pizza and peanut butter and jelly. :)  We are having cheese omelettes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Hi everyone..thanks for the good wishes on my walk.. I did it and managed to complete the whole thing without much issue. I coughed a little here and there, but overall did fine. The heat really wiped me out though!

After the walk a group of us went out for lunch and..remember that yard work I talked about doing next weekend?? It started early. When we arrived home there was huge chunk of a tree across our driveway. Thankfully, I have a really..really nice neighbor who was coming out of his garage with a chainsaw as we pulled up. Talk about above and beyond the call of duty..lol
     Thankfully, there were no cars parked in the driveway because we had played the car shuffle earlier and son was out..and my car parked on the street. To think I didn't really want ot leave it in the street..lol.

Kar..have you ever been to Burlington Coat Factory? It's my new favorite place to buy dresses. I can usually find something there and not very expensive to boot.

Tulips...aspbergers is fascinating ( and no doubt frustrating!). A former friend of mine has a nephew with Aspbergers. Our two families used to do a lot together, including vacations and the way they think and process is something else. It's better to have a diagnosis to help those around him learn how to adjust and how to help him as well...although I thought I read somewhere recently that the professionals don't like to make a diagnosis of aspbergers anymore in favor of just placing the patient on the autism spectrum scale. I don't agree with that because I feel aspbergers has a lot of unique characteristics.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to shakersilly2010's comment:

Good afternoon everyone!!   Our computer is on the fritz, sometimes DD can get it going for a while, so I'm taking advantage of it.  I'm still in lots of pain, the pain meds make me extra sleepy, so all I do all day is eat a bit, sleep, read a page or two and thats it.  Someone mentioned lilacs, I love them, they had just com out when I went into the hospital so I missed them this year, maybe next year I'll have a bumper crop.  Once I tried to play catch up on the boards got as far as page 17 in May,  too tiring, gave up, so now when I can I'll just post on the day and eventually catch up with last month.  Don't think I'll forget Mothers day this year, but at least I had my KFC before I fell!!  Till next time, take care everyone and for heavens sake don't fall.  ss

Shakersilly...feel better..!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

SS glad you managed to get on.  I hope the next time we hear from you, you will be feeling better.

We had grilled sausages on rolls with lettuce and tomato, and corn on the cob.

Busy times here,  and the computer is in a non-AC room.  So have been avoiding it even though I have lots of work to do.  Will be on tomorrow after the hot weather breaks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I'm doing ok Kar, thanks for asking.  Just spent another week in the hospital.  I had a kidney infection, but because I have no "reserves" it just hit me so hard.  But, I'm doing better now.

Mom is going on for a procedure on Friday as she has 2 compression fractures in her spine due to her osteoperosis. This is the 11th (yes 11th!) time, so we pretty much know the routine.   I went and hung out with her on Saturday.  I really do cherish our Saturdays together, she is really my best friend (well, in addition to DH, lol). 

Not much on the docket this week.  Trying to get DH to see when he can take some vacation time this summer.  I have so much time, but he has to find a good point where he feels comfortable leaving his crew on the job without him.  He is a bit of a "control" freak, but it's his name on the business so it's very important that things go as planned even if he's not there every day.

Well, I guess I am rambling now, lol.  Hope everyone has a good day!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, my signature line has reappeared!  I didn't do a thing - they must have fixed something.  I wonder if we can copy and paste photos, now, too...I thought the board fixing project had been abandoned.

Well, anyway, good Monday morning!

Prin, that is too bad you were in the hospital with a kidney infection!  Did you not have UTI symptoms first?  Goodness, what an ordeal. :(  And, your mother - 11th spinal operation...scary, but like you say, no surprises, at least.  Best to her as she goes through it again.  I hope DH can take some time off - my DH feels the same way and essentially only takes vacation when it's forced, used it or lose it kind of thing.  His dad sold the company he had built from the ground up, but the "must be here" attitude has persisted.  What can you do.

Miscricket, congrats on a great walk and raising the money and not having any trouble.  Bless your neighbor with the chain saw - how thoughtful.  I haven't been to BCF, but there is one in Framingham/Natick so I'll check it out this week if I go East...I'm hoping.

It's been raining steadily, perfect timing for the newly planted garden; DH is thrilled.  What a perfect growing weather Spring we've had.  There are 1000s of green strawberries and 100s of tiny, grape-like apples on the trees.  I'm going to need help harvesting...

Gotta sign off and get DH out the door with his lunch!  Then, off to my Monday morning tasks.

Blessings,

~kar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yup, the signature lines are back.  Had actually forgotten all about those.  We're making progress - slowly -

Getting around to go out.  Raining, but not too heavy, so have a couple of things to take care of, one being the optomotrist, one side of frame keeps loosening.  May be time for a new pair of frames anyway, I'm kind of sick of these.

I'll check in later.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life."  ~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Interesting about the signature lines. They show up before you post. That didn't happen in the "old times". It  has been so long ago, that I had forgotten about them too, but they are nice to have back.
    So nice with some rain after those hot days. I can just imagine, how excited all those serious gardeners must be.
    Kar, it sounds like you will have a very busy summer harvesting and preparing for freezing, canning or whatever all those strawberries. Even though, I am glad I don't have to do all that work, I still envy you. Nothing like picking a warm strawberry from the strawberry patch.
    Sorry to hear, you had to go to the hospital again, princess. Hope you get on the mend soon. Best to your mother too. 11 surgeries? Can't they fix it for good?
    Nice to see you posting again, ss. Hope you are feeling better.
    Congratulations to you, MC, finishing your walk. Glad to hear you only had minor problems. I have Asthma, so I know only too well your concerns. I do take an inhaled steroid every day (like Kar recommended). That has helped me tremendously, so I sometimes forget I have Asthma. Only times, I am in the pits, is when I get a cold. I can't afford to many of those and have to be so careful being around people with cough and the sniffles.
    Getting ready to leave for work. Have a good day everyone.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Much accomplished in a couple of hours this morning.  Back in my regular glasses after having them fixed.  The old, old ones I was wearing had frames soooo outdated.  Glad I didn't have to wear them out doing my poking in stores.  Had one of those 30% off coupons for Kohl's, and thought I'd use it for some unmentionables.  As always when I try to shop for myself in there, either can't find the style, or the right size.  Did pick up a couple of nice mark-down towels tho.  When I got to the register, 30% off doesn't start for a couple of more days.  Still a good buy as was marked today, got another 15% off at register, and not worth my time to go back for a bit more off.

Got out so early today that there was no waiting anywhere.  Trader Joe's was practically empty, and now I know why Kohl's was!  Came in to the phone ringing.  It was my DIL checking to see if I were home.  She was at work and had just heard the Square One Mall had had a bomb scare and had been evacuated.  She wasn't sure where I was headed this morning.  As it is, I haven't been over there in months.  Put the news on, but didn't hear anything about it at noon.

Sun is shining here now.  It rained pretty hard while I was out, glad I had come back for an umbrella.

Moving around in here is slow this morning.  Don't think it's my computer.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life."  ~ Mr. Rogers

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, tt - now I know, why the cops were out in full force. Was out around lunch time to the PO and doing some banking. Which ever way I turned my head, there was a cop car whizzing by. Square One Mall is not far from here; hope it was just a scare.
    It rained really heavily, when I went to work, but now it is just beautiful out. Glad we are over the heat. At least for now. I am sure it will return.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Been thinking "pistachio" for days now.  So I just ran up to S&S and got pistacho ice cream and choc swirl ice cream, bananas, cut up fresh fruit, and Hershey's choc syrup (already had the whipped cream), and had my delicious supper - a banana split!

Young man who was bagging goes to Saugus H.S. and said they were surprised they weren't on lock down.  All he had heard was that a suspicious pkg had been found at the mall.  The check out clerk said she had been in Dick's sporting goods and was just coming out from their back parking lot when the place was enveloped with police cars.  I'll have to catch the 5:00 news and see what's what.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I forgot to mention in my other post, I love the way your DIL is looking after you. Sweet of her to worry.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Much accomplished in a couple of hours this morning.  Back in my regular glasses after having them fixed.  The old, old ones I was wearing had frames soooo outdated.  Glad I didn't have to wear them out doing my poking in stores.  Had one of those 30% off coupons for Kohl's, and thought I'd use it for some unmentionables.  As always when I try to shop for myself in there, either can't find the style, or the right size.  Did pick up a couple of nice mark-down towels tho.  When I got to the register, 30% off doesn't start for a couple of more days.  Still a good buy as was marked today, got another 15% off at register, and not worth my time to go back for a bit more off.

Got out so early today that there was no waiting anywhere.  Trader Joe's was practically empty, and now I know why Kohl's was!  Came in to the phone ringing.  It was my DIL checking to see if I were home.  She was at work and had just heard the Square One Mall had had a bomb scare and had been evacuated.  She wasn't sure where I was headed this morning.  As it is, I haven't been over there in months.  Put the news on, but didn't hear anything about it at noon.

Sun is shining here now.  It rained pretty hard while I was out, glad I had come back for an umbrella.

Moving around in here is slow this morning.  Don't think it's my computer.

tt

Yikes..I haven't heard anything about a bomb scare on the news either. I wonder how often these things happen nowadays and don't make the news. I bet a fair amount. It's kind of funny that the Kohl's and Trader Joe's were deserted. Did the staff know anything about it?

I stopped at the grocery store on my way home because I was craving cantaloupe and could not believe how crowded it was. I thought stores were not busy on Mondays. It's so nice that your DIL is checking up on you. I have a similar relationship with my nephew's wife. She is an amazing young lady..and she makes me feel old sometimes the way she fusses over me..lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, closing picture -  Baby sparrows are lined up on the wrought iron railing under the birdfeeder, wings flapping - mothers flying back and forth between the birdfeeder and their open beaks, dropping seeds in their gullets.  Every once in a while one or two fly over to the birdbath and perch on the edge and teeter totter, leaning down to get a drink.  Love my yard.

Neighbor called tonight just to tell me how beautiful the iris look as she comes around the corner.  I noticed today too that one of the new butterfly bushes G.T. planted out front has a beautiful long purple spike blooming.  I'm sure all your yards are coming in bloom now, between the hot weather and the rain.  Enjoy, enjoy.

Hope tomorrow is easier moving around in this thread, faster.  I'm assuming that's why there has been so little chatter today.  See you tomorrow.

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Mscricket, my post came up and I saw yours there.  The bomb scare was on the 5:00 news.  Someone spotted a pressure cooker sitting on the ground of the parking garage there, next to a car.  With all that happened in Boston, police weren't willing to take a chance, and evacuated the mall.  Thank Gawd, it was just an empty pressure cooker.  It's being sent to the lab for prints.

What I meant by Trader Joe's being empty is that I was there so early - and what I meant by Kohl's, was that their big sale doesn't start for another two days yet, Wednesday!  Funny how our minds run ahead of us so fast, that our fingers don't always explain clearly enough what we're talking about!

Yes, my DIL, little Lilly's grandmother, has always been like a dau to me.  And the nicest thing she could say to me was what she did Mother's Day - "You know I have always thought of you as tho you were my mother." 

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Oh, Mscricket, my post came up and I saw yours there.  The bomb scare was on the 5:00 news.  Someone spotted a pressure cooker sitting on the ground of the parking garage there, next to a car.  With all that happened in Boston, police weren't willing to take a chance, and evacuated the mall.  Thank Gawd, it was just an empty pressure cooker.  It's being sent to the lab for prints.

What I meant by Trader Joe's being empty is that I was there so early - and what I meant by Kohl's, was that their big sale doesn't start for another two days yet, Wednesday!  Funny how our minds run ahead of us so fast, that our fingers don't always explain clearly enough what we're talking about!

Yes, my DIL, little Lilly's grandmother, has always been like a dau to me.  And the nicest thing she could say to me was what she did Mother's Day - "You know I have always thought of you as tho you were my mother." 

tt

Okay..that makes so much sense..lol. I could be the only one to not have gotten that :-)

Wow...a pressure cooker. That is scary considering everything that happened. I didn't see the 5 pm news...only heard radio this afternoon.

That is incredibly sweet about your DIL...she sounds like a definite keeper.  Plus, how nice for your son :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning.  Just checking in.  Going out around 10:00.  Leaving my car at the garage today, to have the A/C fixed.

Didn't hear from Winter yesterday, hope everything is alright.  How did your son do with reading the new story over the week-end?  Has he decided on what format for the poster he'll be using?

Interested if anyone else is finding moving around on the boards very slow, or if it's just my IE.  If that's it, I'll go back to using Chrome.  I'll check back in later this afternoon.

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Sorry I didn't go to work yesterday, just needed a day off. He read some of his book, but did not finish it. He had to finish up two papers that were due yesterday. Found out yesterday that the beloved science teacher/choir director will not be returning. What a loss to the school, but he is newly married and his wife is a teacher, so it makes sense that he needed something with a bit more benefits, pay, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad you weren't out because of being sick, Winter.  Too bad about the science/choir teacher.  As you say, sometimes you have to make choices determind by your financial need.

Killing time until it's time to leave.  Opened up an email from G.T.  They are away for a few days but asked if I'd like to go to Rockport for the day towards the end of the week.  Glad my GD has opted for whoopie pies for her party instead of the gingerbread grads.  Much less time consuming and gives me the opportunity to go off for the day.  Now hope the weather cooperates with no thunder and lightening.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    Had a horrible night. Cramps, cramps, cramps. So, so painful. Was up walking the cramps off several times. Drinking water, then had to go pee and the cramps started all over again. W/ the heatwave I swell, and now it all had to get out. Not sure if that is the reason, but it is nice to put a sticker on it. 

Winter, I am so sorry for your son missing his favorite science teacher for the his last year of school. That is what happens, when you send your children to parochial schools. They can't pay their teachers as much as the union teachers, but the kids get a better education, b/c the teachers there w/ lower salaries are dedicated to teaching. With two boys in parochial schools, that is our experience. I am hoping for DS, he will get another top grade science teacher. Someone, who cares about the kids and the teaching. BTW. did you get your bench/couch?

tt, I have to take my car to the garage today too. An oil change and a new sticker. Hope your A/C will be fixed w/o a huge bill.

Leaving for the office shortly. What's on every ones docket today?

- Eleanor Roosevelt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, don't have him grow up any faster than he already is :) He's going into the 7th grade. The teacher that is replacing him in science is the lower grades (K1-4) science teacher, so I think she will be fine. SHe has a Masters degree in Science education. The choir will be taken over by the Music teacher. Pingo, I didn't get to the shop, maybe I'll head over before they close today.

- Darth Vadar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I'll be over for some whoopie pies. :)

- Darth Vadar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Beautiful day.  Car was ready at noon, but I had done a lot of walking (for me) before then, so didn't head out, but came home instead.

Invitation to a "welcome baby brother" cookout came in today's mail, and now of course wracking my brain as what to bring for the food contribution.  Considered the baby fruit filled watermelon, but I'm pretty sure one of the younger girls going will come up with that.  I have time yet to think about it.

Have taken out some lasagna for supper, and will put out an ear of corn so I remember to cook that up.

Winter, the project assignments given your son, are what sometimes make us think he's older and in a higher grade.  It's a  lot of outside school work for that grade level.

Noone else seems to be saying they are having a S L O W time of it after each click on these boards, so I'm wondering if it's me.  Want to get some cleaning/sprucing up done before the end of the week when G.T. comes.  Also hopefully get a large ceramic pot and replant the leftover beonias for a nice touch of color out front.

Hope you are all enjoying the day.  I've got to get a movin' and not waste the afternoon.

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I posted and it disappeared so apparently you aren't the only one having trouble, tt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.