June 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: June 2013

I agree tt, he does get a lot of work. I know next year's homeroom teacher is the 7th and 8th grade math teacher. I guess he teaches a double lesson and then gives them a double homework assignement.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, you are not the only one w/ a s-l-o-w computer. Gave up a couple of times to post, not that I had anything interesting to add.
    Since I had leg cramps all night, my leg muscles were very sore, when I did my exercises. I stopped half way to rest a bit and fell sound asleep. (I do my PT exercises laying down on my bed). Must have needed that nap.
    Now at work. Need to cut a couple of checks. It is so nice out, Have a good day, whatever is left of it - every9one.
    tt, welcome little brother's party? How about your famous woopie pies (in a small size) w/ blue frosting? It you have some time leftover, you could even write his name on them w/ a blue gel pen.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I googled around in Pinterest (did I already post this in an earlier post?) and saw cute cupcake ideas - thinking of using the Wowie cupcakes as a base (easy and makes a lot).  That's as far as I've gotten.  Of course it may change a dozen times before then!  Whoopie pies will be going to the grad party this week-end and it will be a lot of the same people at the cookout, so -

Sorry about your leg cramps.  Do you keep tonic water in the fridge?  That's all that will release mine when I get them and am in agony.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life."  ~ Mr. Rogers

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes, I am finding boston.com is quite slow.  And things are quiet around here too after some business so nothing to say except that I am glad the heat has broken.  I am taking advantage of the weather to get the laundry done tonight.  Dinner is out of the freezer plus some fruit.  It's nice to have good fruit available again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats,
    Stopped at MB on my way home from work. We have decided to start juicing again. Only in the morning. Did it for a while. Then took a break. With the amount of veggies and fruit that juicer eats, MB is the only way to go. I know, I saved a bundle tonight. Nice fruit galore. And veggies fresher than the other markets I go to.
    Got some white peaches. They are sweeter than the yellow ones. Haven't seen them yet anywhere else. That will be our dessert for tonight. Dinner will be the TJ's globe artichokes. As long as I can get them, I will buy them. Fortunately we both love them, and now with my pressure cooker they are so quick to do. The ones they had a MB tonight was a sad sight.
    I too am glad the heatwave is over. At least for now.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to pingo's comment:

tt, you are not the only one w/ a s-l-o-w computer. Gave up a couple of times to post, not that I had anything interesting to add.
    Since I had leg cramps all night, my leg muscles were very sore, when I did my exercises. I stopped half way to rest a bit and fell sound asleep. (I do my PT exercises laying down on my bed). Must have needed that nap.
    Now at work. Need to cut a couple of checks. It is so nice out, Have a good day, whatever is left of it - every9one.
    tt, welcome little brother's party? How about your famous woopie pies (in a small size) w/ blue frosting? It you have some time leftover, you could even write his name on them w/ a blue gel pen.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Pingo so sorry to hear about those awful leg cramps. Do you know what causes them? Sometimes nighttime leg cramps can happen from a lack of potassium..and especially in the heat. I used to get random painful leg cramps on a regular basis but haven't in years now that I think about it.

The site seems a little weird today. Hope everyone had a nice day. The weather was beautiful. I was happy to have some off site meetings today instead of being stuck in the office all day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Quandry of what to bring to welcome baby brother cookout is solved - GD just emailed and asked if I would make half moons, only with blue frosting in place of the white.  How easy.  Making out shopping list tonight for cooking for this week-end's party - chicken and the cheeses, and plenty of flour, marshmallow, baking chocolate for the whoopie pies.  I'll leave you ladies to your juicing.  I may delve into the freezer for a hunk of wowie cake topped with some Friendly's choc swirl vanilla ice cream.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life."  ~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Quandry of what to bring to welcome baby brother cookout is solved - GD just emailed and asked if I would make half moons, only with the white frosting, blue.  How easy.  Making out shopping list tonight for cooking for this week-end's party - chicken and the cheeses, and plenty of flour, marshmallow, baking chocolate for the whoopie pies.  I'll leave you ladies to your juicing.  I may delve into the freezer for a hunk of wowie cake topped with some Friendly's choc swirl vanilla ice cream.

tt

tt...I like your style :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

I'm going to try to post photos....

First, Meadow, our female tortoiseshell:

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

And now, our male, Sebastian - both are 2 years old, adopted at the same time from the shelter last fall, not from the same litter, as she's about 6 months old.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Pingo, I take 2 400mG magneisum ebery night begore bed, even had them give them to me in the hospital......only had cramps one night, drank   the yucky tasting club water with quinine in it....aftet about 10 in they went away.    Gee I wish I knew that they were from.  Each day the pain gets better, my body stronger, but I still sleep alot and for some readon, I'm not that interested in my books anymore......sure hope that goes away soon....my GGS willbe havng h is 4th BD on the 22nd I'm hoping to make him some 1/2 & 1/2 cookies with his name on them.Till next time, take care. ss

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Since others were sharing their cat babies, I thought I'd add mine!  And, yes, I just clicked on the icon in the lower right to add a photo, I didn't do shutterfly or anything else tremendously technological.

so while I'm at it, here is a photo from last year of a green frog - we usually have between 3 and 5 of these frogs throughout the year - they just migrate to us and stay in our small backyard pond!  Very satisfying, and they are so pretty, I love our frogs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Beautiful photos CTDC!  I like that we can post photos again. 

When my potassium and/or sodium is low I get terrible foot cramps (not really let cramps, but foot cramps).  I do have prescription potassium though, so that usually does the trick.  I have also heard that quinine, bananas, or (believe it or not) pickle juice can help as well.  However, I don't think too much quinine is good for you, but I'm sure the amt in tonic water is small enough that it would be okay.  Other than that, when the cramps come, I have to either stand up or massage them to get the pain to go away,

Anyway, nothing exciting going on here.  My "favorite" cousin was in from Seattle the past couple of days, so it was so nice to spend time with her.  We have such a small family so it's good to be able to catch up face to face rather than email/Facebook, etc.  Going to a wedding in PA in July so I will get to see her again!

Hope everyone has a nice day. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What?  We can post pics again?  Well, here's my girl, then.  Pic is about a year old, but that's pretty much her, every time I walk into the kitchen!

Beautiful cats, btw, CT.  I always tended to go for the plain tigers, just because I felt noone else would probably choose them.  Cheerio chose me from the Animal Rescue League 13 years ago, when I was determined to get one of the "pretty" ones.  She kept sticking her little paw out between the bars and meowing, even as I was down the other end of the line of cages.  On top of that, the worker kept saying, "oh that's Cheerio.  She's the nicest little girl here."  How could you resist that?

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ooooh, what lovely kitties to log on to today!  CT, thanks for introducing us to yours, and tt, how we've missed Cheerio. She's looking fabulous - maybe a few pounds lighter?

I wonder if I can post a photo from the iPad without going through any hoops...

Prin, nothing replaces a real visit, although, technology is better than keeping up the old fashioned ways.  Glad you had a fun couple of days and you were well during her visit.

I wrote a pretty decently long post responding to everyone's goings on, but it went poof and now I'm behind...well, I was thinking of you. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, I see they added the old "upload photo" option instead of forcing us to have a URL.  Yay!!

Gracie says hello to all her Chatter friends, four- and two-legged. :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SS, I meant to mention that pain medication DOES make you lose interest in reading - too much brain power required.  Don't worry, you'll be just as interested as ever in your books once you've healed.  My mom went through the very same concern/experience after her heart surgery. She had chosen a stack of books she wanted to read while recovering and couldn't get through one of them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Is the photo posting working for me?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Thank you all you wonderful ladies for advice for my cramps. I am sorry you are dealing with them too, but I am glad I am not alone in my misery. I do take Calcium and Magnesium every night before I go to bed. I also used to have one banana for breakfast. But I went for some blood work recently, and my potassium was on the higher side, so I stopped my banana. Could possibly be the culprit. Also, the heat and I are not friends. Always screw up my electrolytes. With the cool weather, I am already doing better. The problem w/ my cramps is, than while I am trying to get rid of one, another will start. If they are leg cramps, walking around until they are gone - usually for 10 minutes - will do it. But I have them in the arms, fingers, chest cage. And the cramps in the feet are so difficult to get rid of, as one cannot reach the tiny muscles. DH is trying to help, but all his comments in the height of my misery of what I should do and what I should have done - and you cramp sufferers can probably relate - does not make things easier. Thank you again; I will survive.
    Nice to know, we can post pictures again. Gorgeous kitties you have there CT-DC. Cheerio looks beautiful, but now I am looking forward to a recent picture of her.

Kar, did you have a chance to get TJ's Globes? We had them again last night. They do not come any better than this. Each globe was 5 - 6 inches across. Each leaf was so meaty and the choke itself was a good 3 inches and 3/4 inch tall. More than plenty for a meal. In fact, I saved my choke. Will have it for lunch today - just couldn't finish it.

Have a good day everyone.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Is the photo posting working for me?

Nope :(

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, try taking 1/2 your mag/cal supplements in the morning and 1/2 at night so your blood levels stay more constant.  Taking them at night could be too late if your blood level of those minerals have dropped by then; they might not come up fast enough to prevent cramps.

No, my TJ's has not had the globes!  I cannot imagine having one so meaty as to have to save the heart for later!  Enjoy, my dear.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello Gracie!
    Looks like you lost some weight along with mommy. Those long walks must have done it.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I believe you may be right, Kar. Will split the pill in two, and try that.
    Sorry about the chokes. Wish I could send you some. Try to ask the store manager for them.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hats, I can see the photo now that I've moved to the PC.  CT's photos of her cats, not the frog one, and tt's of Cheerio display on the iPad.  However, I notice that your photo is very large - that might be the difference.

Pingo, I'll ask on Monday about the chokes.  I hope I gave you good advice about splitting the dosage - it is what I would try if I were you, but I can't say I know it's the answer.

Yes, Gracie HAS lost about 3 lbs to be 76 lbs.  The surgeon wants her to be a somewhat thin 70 lbs to reduce her risk of needing a second knee surgery, but I'm finding that too hard, honestly.  Indeed, the walks definitely help us both stay trim.  Labs want to eat ALL THE TIME.  Seems half of my conversations with her go like this, "I'm hungry, Mommy,"  "It's not time to eat yet, you'll have to be patient."  Ad nauseaum.  All day.  Every day.  The vet says that's life with a "Flabrador," and we are doing excellent with her nutrition and weight management.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Let me try the photo option.

The first one is my Grand Kitties in their new Christmas toy. The second one is my naughty kitty trying to get into, where my DIL keeps their treats. No, he didn't managed.

- Eleanor Roosevelt