June 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: June 2013

CTDC what pretty kitties, Yoda will be two in August. I'll have to get a more recent picture of him too post. tt, what a lovely idea about the half moons with the blue frosting. I have a half day today. tt, how sweet the story of Cheerio sticking her paw out for you to see. Sweet picture of her. Kar, Gracie does look slimmer.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, I can't see the kitties. :(

- Darth Vadar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  I'll pass your compliments on to her, but I fear she'll just roll her eyes and say, "That's because Mommy is mean and she starves me."  It's no wonder why she loves Daddy more; he's always the bearer of unnecessary calories, oops, I mean treats.  ;)

Yoda is 2 already?!  Where does the time go?

The triplets, speaking of birthdays, will be one this month.  OMG, does it seem like they were just born?  

Pingo, I can't see the kitties, either, even on the PC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I don't see a place to add the picture without using shutterfly??

- Darth Vadar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You are right, Winter. The little photo square is gone. Maybe I was trying to post in the middle of them taking it away, so my pictures didn't show.
    I do have to say though, after they let us in again posting pictures, the Chat forum has slowed down tremendously. When CT-DC posted her cake, I had to watch it rolling down slowly on the screen.

The trips 1 year old? Impossible. What is aunt Kar crocheting for them? 3 Teddy-bears? Better get started.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

They (BDC) were smart, they figured once they gave us the picture option back in a form we could use, posting would increase triplefold!  They were right.

Gracie looks very slender, Kargiver.  No, Cheerio isn't a few pounds slimmer, we just try to get the right camera angle, know what I mean?  I tried to get one of her in the sun this morning, but when she saw the proofs, she nixed them.  She said she does have her following and wants to maintain the image they have of her.  I can understand.  For a while I was constantly snapping shots of her with every move.  Now she wants to show herself "only in the best light", so to speak.

I'm going out, but will try later this afternoon when she isn't quite so demanding of the camera lens.  After all, there's only so much I can do manually.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life."  ~ Mr. Rogers

tt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Winter it's in the posting box, not in the posts as it once was.  When you go to the bottom where you type in your post, there's a line that begins with the "Font Family" box.  At the end of that line, see the three icons?  The green monitor is the post photo icon.  The dialog box that comes up is not quite transparent to the user: to post a photo from your computer, use the 'browse' box at the bottom.  You must then wait a long time for a url to appear in the top box, only then can you click on 'insert' at the bottom left.  And I did not see the image appear in the posting box, only, and with a delay, in the post above the posting box, so you have to scroll back and wait to see if it will work.

The photo I posted is my caramel apple trifle from Christmas....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hats, I thought that must be the apple trifle.  Brought back delicious memories.  I'm surprised GD did not ask for that for the cookout, that was the dessert her DH thought was the best he had ever tasted - kudos to you for sharing the recipe with me!

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life."  ~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi.  I was so excited to see pictures!!  But now no more pictures?  I can't keep up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A bad photo of Cheerio?  Impossible - she is too hard on herself, but aren't we all when we see photos of ourselves?  I understand.   Gracie reacted just as I suspected, with an eye roll in my direction.  Oh, well, I appreciate everyone noticing our hard work with her weight. :)

Hats, the trifle looks delicious, would have loved to have had a scoop.

I made peach cobbler with some peaches I canned last year...yummy.  Not sure I can recreate it, though, I made it up and didn't measure very carefully.

My pants weren't done as promised on Monday...maybe I'll pick them up today if this time he honors the time he gave me.  I'll call first since I don't have to go in for some other reason today - it will be a total bust if they aren't ready.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I had to buy the photoshop app in order to reduce the size of my iPad photos ($10) because while it technically worked to post the huge ones they force you to click on it to see the whole thing.  

Here's a dress I found at TJ Maxx Monday.  Bought 2 others, too, so my dress shopping is over.  Yay!  I really don't care for shopping.

Uh, I choose a new photo from the list of thumbnails, but the photo that gets chosen is the one I posted earlier of Gracie.  ???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Don't see the dress, Kar. Photo-op not working again. I am sure they are working at it.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I don't see a picture at all, Kar.

Looks like I'll do some dress shopping this weekend.  Need something for baby girl's bday bash.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes hats I see it,but when I click on the button it still wants the photo URL.

- Darth Vadar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The last sentence of my post explains what happened...not why, but what at least. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I don't get the browse feature when I'm trying to post a picture. I get just asking for the URl, so if I can get to shutterfly before I leave for my mammogram redo I'll post the science fair project.

- Darth Vadar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, goodness, that's not it, something went very wrong!  I had to delete my photo because when I edited the text with it the photo switched to another one in my iPad!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, best wishes for the squishing. And, I hope you get the Choose photo option soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Photo functionally seems very random right now - like Pingo said, I'm sure they are working on the bugs.

my photo gets stuck on the last one I posted; even though I choose a new one, the previous one gets pasted in for a random number of tries.  

And, furthermore, most disturbing, if I edit the text in a post with a photo THE PHOTO GETS CHANGED TO ANOTHER ONE IN MY IPAD!!!  I had NO CONTROL over which photo it chose to post instead.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I've been out and back.  Costco, and then for a change, continued on up the pike to M.B.  What a zoo in there.  Didn't have a huge list, just things for the week-end, so figured I'd give it a try and see if I felt I saved anything.  Only thing I picked up a couple of were the Crisco baking sticks, the price looked cheaper than S&S to me.  Have to check pkg I have in the cupboard and see if the sticker is still on it.  Other than that - -  Got a pre-made Greek salad for my lunch because I was getting hungry.  Purposely did not go down the bakery aisle.  Oh, I fib, I did pick up a 2square pkg of fig squares for dessert!

ETA:  Crisco sticks were $2.99 in M.B. my last ones I bought in S&S were $4.29.

ETA#2:  Sounds as tho all I bought for my  trip up there was crisco and a green salad - Not.  What I meant is that I picked up 2 pkgs of the Crisco baking sticks because they looked cheaper than S&S, and they were.  Other than that did regular grocery shopping there, no big savings today that I could see.

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, too bad, you don't go to Reading. The Reading MB is really nice. Clean and not so crowded at the times you go. You don't even have to go 128, you could go the back roads, very easy. It is on North Ave, only a stone cast further up than the ball park.
    Anyway, I went there last night to pick up fruit, greens and veggies for juicing. I know, I saved a bundle. Cukes f. ex. - 2 for a dollar. S&S charge 89 cents each. My only problem with the Reading MB is, that I often pick up stuff on my way home from work. If I only need a couple of items, S&S is much faster to get in and out of.

Too bad Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor
    Roosevelt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OMG! What happened now?  I didn't touch a thing - just hit " Add your post". Let me try again.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

This time apparently no problem. BDC is really messing things up in there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Deleted by me, because no picture appeared this time.  Off to pick up the house.

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Darn it, that reminded me, tt, I needed baking powder while I was out!  Went to Worcester to get my tailored pants and got a nice lunch at EVO on Chandler...Fr onion soup to die for.

did the photo of my dress ever appear?