June 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: June 2013

Winter, I got a coupon for "Spice" in Melrose. Have you eaten there? If so, comments please.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, it's written by Lois Lowry, probably in young adult section. I have not hear or eaten in Spice. I just googled and it's Thai food, so I won't be eating there.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, if you want to see the pink one, you can google Lily Pulitzer Phoebe Shrug.  Keep in mind I got it for $14, NOT $88!!!

I have a strange craving for Thai food...I wonder why, lol.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Pingo, if you want to see the pink one, you can google Lily Pulitzer Phoebe Shrug.  Keep in mind I got it for $14, NOT $88!!!

I have a strange craving for Thai food...I wonder why, lol.

That is really nice. Will go so well with your white dress and pink sandals. Nice find.

Saw you before pix on Loseit! Don't look fat to me. Hard to believe you have lost 40 pounds, since that picture. I am so happy for you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, do you know that there is a face picture of you on the lose it thread? It doesn't look like 15 years ago.

- Darth Vadar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter, that was not the picture I posted - BDC switched it!  I hope I deleted it.  Now you know what I look like today, indeed.

Pingo, with that in mind - I don't know when you saw the photo - if you don't think I look fat, I'm BETTING it was the wrong photo, lol, because 40 lbs ago I looked like a chipmunk with glasses.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I really like Lands End polo dresses.  They come in extended sizes and lots of colors.  Sleeves and sleeveless, stripes and solids.  A bit expensive but they do have sales.  They look great with a blazer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, hats, I do, too.  My neighbor went to a party, and when she came home I complimented her dress and asked where she got it - Lands End!  It was a jersey knit with a surplice top, very flattering and comfy looking.  If I hadn't found the jersey dress at TJ Maxx I'd have ordered a similar one from LE.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, I forgot to reply. DS starts day camp on the 24th. He's also going to basketball camp for a week in July.

- Darth Vadar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's very dark and cold here, and upon coming back up the driveway I think I felt a few raindrops.  I hope tt's festivities stay dry.

Pingo, I forgot to thank you for your looking at and complimenting the pink shrug.  I was so horrifed by the fact that BDC switched my photo after I posted one I assumed would stay put that I forgot everything else!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar I'm sorry if my telling you freaked you out. So we have two white flowers on the organic peas. 

- Darth Vadar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, no, Winter, your telling me did not freak me out - I was so grateful, thank you!  What freaked me out is that if we post photos, see them post, reload the page and they are there, that after that, bdc can go in and replace it with a random photo on your device!

That's exciting, but I think you need female and male pea plants to get peas...not sure how you know which is which or anything for sure, actually, but something tells me to let you know not to expect peas...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Oh, no, Winter, your telling me did not freak me out - I was so grateful, thank you!  What freaked me out is that if we post photos, see them post, reload the page and they are there, that after that, bdc can go in and replace it with a random photo on your device!

That's exciting, but I think you need female and male pea plants to get peas...not sure how you know which is which or anything for sure, actually, but something tells me to let you know not to expect peas...

That's pretty scary about the photo switching. I think I will refrain from posting photos until it seems like all the bugs have been worked out. The site does seem a bit wonky this week. For example..sometimes when I click on a discussion the screen just shows blank with the discussion title at the top..but then if I click on the discussion title again it refreshes the page and it's there.

Anyhow..I want you all to know that I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your beautiful cats..and those images must have stuck with me because last night I had a dream that I came across a bunch of cats including a tiger, a grey and a tortie on a walk in the woods..lol

Of course..when I opened my eyes from that dream..my own little grey terror was sitting on my bed with her face right in mine.

TT..did you get to Rockport today? Hopefully yes, since the weather seems to have held out today. I love visiting there as well. I usually make several trips over the summer and fall.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hello,  Well, I will be the late night poster tonight, after having regular coffee when we went out to eat tonight!

Had a wonderful day at Rockport, it was perfect for walking around, warm, with a slight breeze, not crowded so you weren't bumping into people.  Had a delicious meal at that restaurant at the top of bearskin neck road - My Place on the Sea, or some such.  Sat out on the deck in the sun.  Bought a few things, a pair of new sunglasses in a little boutique, A set of jangly bracelets for my cookie baking GD, and for her bro some very LARGE nonparellis in Tuck's fudge shop.  For myself, in there, some fudge and some coconut bites which I sent home with GT.  Also picked up some incense sticks in the General Store for my oldest son.  A nice day.  Did you know there are several wind turbines as you drive down into Rockport?  So very distractive as you drive down around the rotary.  Hard to keep you eyes on the road and not glued on them.

GD's graduation from Essex Aggie was at 6:30 tonight.  Held outside under a huge tent.  Her folks picked me up at 5:00, and afterwards we went out for a bite to eat.  A nice full day.  And now I'm snuggled in my warm nightie, but I know sleep will elude me for a few hours.  Hoping there is something to hold my interest on TV.

So, now you'll all have a post to read when you click on in the morning - chat later in the day.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life."  ~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, everyone - TGIF!!

tt, what a lovely day!  So glad the weather held for you and you had such a great time.  You sent ALL the goodies home with G.T.?  I'd have kept a piece of fudge, at least, I adore fudge, 1/2 for the taste, 1/2 for the nostaglia.

miscricket, I'm refraining from posting any more pictures until it's ironed out, too - there's no telling what photo they might choose to change anything to at any time.  Very disconcerting.  

In fact, I'm sorry to see we still have the photo capability - I know they know about the problem; I reported one of my own posts that had that information in it.  Of course, not sure what they did with it other than delete it as if I reported myself for some other reason. 

tt, if you  haven't caught up yet, be sure to read my last post from last night - it explains further and has to do with our privacy being at risk here with photos.

Gotta run and get DH's lunch packed.  Have a great day, everyone!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, sounds like you had a lovely time yesterday and last night. I have my CPR refresher course this morning, so I won't be back on till lunch time. 

- Darth Vadar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Lousy day out there today!

We are folks who head north on weekends most of the year and will be heading up.  Hoping for some clearing early tomorrow!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Pingo, I don't eat Thai food often, but have had some from Spice.  Friends of mine swear by that place and what I have had is tasty.  Might be worth a try.  I will usually give a new place a shot if I have a coupon or groupon deal.  Could be a good way to find somewhere new.

Baby girl split her lip open last night. No stitches needed, but scary to see all that blood!  Poor little thing.  It was bound to happen - she's in that very wobbly but still into everything phase. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Nice to wake up to a late post, tt. Makes me miss MM. Glad to hear you had such a super day. The weather held out, and it was nice and cool. I remember, when you were talking about your GD going to Essex Aggie. I had to google it, b/c I didn't know, what that was. And now she graduated; time flies.
    On my way out. Have to take my car for an oil change. Will check in later. Have a good day everyone.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, doesn't it just break your heart, Nov?  Like you say, totally bound to happen, but so difficult especially on MOM!!

Maybe a nice lunch out after your car gets done, Pingo?

allready, hoping for a good afternoon, at least - the rain looks like it will push out fairly soon in the day tomorrow.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

The worst part was that I was only about a foot away, literally in arm's reach.  I know there was nothing I could have done though, short of wrapping her in bubble wrap.  LOL.

Congrats to your GD, tt.  Sounds like it was a great day for you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good, healthy attitude, Nov - so many mothers harbor guilt over things they shouldn't imo.  It's just a completely unpleasant yet unavoidable part of life!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Novem, sorry for the baby's mishap.  That's the way it happens, they start to move so quickly, before they're really steady enough.  That will be sore for a while and probably interfere with the comfort of her passa.

You know, it was bittersweet watching the kids last night.  They couldn't seem to pull themselves away.  We were there a good hour afterwards, as was everyone else, saying goodbyes, taking pics, giving hugs.  She came away with a full tuition scholarship and will continue on at Salem State.  She could have used it at UMass Amherst, or another school of her choice where she was accepted, but just isn't ready to live away from home yet.  Besides as they found with their other two kids who each received full tuition scholarships, the tuition is the least of the expenses of college.  There are books, lab fees, course fees, on and on, that is triple the amount of just the tuition.  But, not to be ungrateful, it certainly will help, and is a nice reward for her hard work and high grades.

Looking forward to her party Sunday, and on this beautiful rainy day (I like rainy days!), think I'll make up one of the batches of whoopie pies, trying so hard to make them a little smaller.  I try this every time I'm bringing them to an affair, because people lots of times don't want a whole large one, they want a bit of this and a bit of that.  Think I'll use a teaspoon this time, maybe they'll be more what I'm trying for.

No, Kargiver, only sent the coconut bites home with G.T.  I've been into the fudge already this morning!

Called youngest to see if  he could bring the kids over after school to get the gifts I picked up yesterday, but the gifts will keep - one has a dental appt., and the other is on a field trip, canoeing down the Ipswich River!  Ponchos and all! 

Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT I must say that investing in the different size ice cream scoops really helps with cookie baking.  I spray them with PAM first so that the dough turns out nicely.

Lucky GD that her graduation was last night so it was not rained out.   I feel badly for those whose graduations are tonight or tomorrow morning.  Congratulations to her on her scholarship!  Hope you enjoy the party on Sunday, which is supposed to be the better day of the two.

I could not see this page from yesterday to this morning; just a header and then blank.  I tried to post a photo of the Land's End dress, it said fine, then did not do it.  So b.c continues on its flaky way....

MM and Amber, where are you?

Tulips, hope you have some fun weekend plans coming up.

I had a busy week, so have lots of catching up to do this afternoon.  Kind of regretting that I rushed through the laundry earlier, that's a perfect rainy day task. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@tt, thought of you when I saw this table  http://www.bernieandphyls.com/6006427BH-Heartland-Buttermilk-Honey-Farm-Table.html