June Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

June Chat

Good morning,

Happy June!  Cheerio gets me up earlier and earlier these mornings, so a good time to get a start on the day's activities.  Seems cooler today, so I'll do up some of that summer ironing that I brought downstairs.  It's been a while since I started one of these monthly "chats".  Hope this is the start of a summer that is happy and healthy for all of us.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: June Chat

Happy June everyone.  My son told me this morning that there are 15 days of school left.  :) We know where his priorities are.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

He's looking forward to those fun filled pool days, I'm sure.  Has anyone gotten to have a dip in the pool yet?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had planned on getting out this morning, weatherman said the thunder storms were going to wait til late afternoon.  I don't know, it's getting awfully menacingly looking here, and I think that was thunder I heard in the background.

change that to: I know that was thunder I heard in the background - it's coming closer!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We didnt take a dip yet.  Fourth grade homework took too long last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: June Chat:
    [QUOTE]We didnt take a dip yet.  Fourth grade homework took too long last night.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're a tough mom!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hello June and helllooooo summer!!  We just had a summer thunderstorm here - came in quick and loud and now is gone. 

Wow, just 15 days left for DS, Winter!  That will fly by!  Any summer plans?  Camp or anything? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Hello June and helllooooo summer!!  We just had a summer thunderstorm here - came in quick and loud and now is gone.  Wow, just 15 days left for DS, Winter!  That will fly by!  Any summer plans?  Camp or anything? 
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

Do you think they are over?  I'm going to slap some makeup on and go out then.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novemb, he goes to camp for 8 weeks starting on July 5th.  We'll probably do some day trips to canobie, water country, etc.  on some weekends. And of course sitting by the pool. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OK, I'm out of here.  Hope I don't run into Pingo, I'm really thrown together this morning - I just won't answer to "tt?"  !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

If you haven't left yet, tt, bring an umbrella just in case.

Sounds like fun Winter! I'm sure your pool will get plenty of use.  My parents had a pool when I was a kid and I can remember them grilling outside while we swam on many many nights.  Also, on the really hot nights, they'd let us go for an extra dip to cool off right before bedtime.  Many happy times are ahead for your family!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all and happy June. We just had a few loud thunders and heavy rain here. Even the turkeys went into cover. It looks (the news) like it is over for the morning. So tt, I think you will be safe. Your makeup will not rain off. How is it out your way, Kar?

Winter, is your pool heated? Otherwise it will be a pretty cold dip. We heat ours, even in the summer. DH and the boys don't care. But I can't get in, if it is too cold. I mean, it has to be a pleasure, right? If you are into exercises - you may want to learn a few pool exercises. They don't put so much strain on your joints. Even just walking in the pool - lifting the knees high - is a great exercise. I am sure your PT can show you some, that will be good for your knee.

Kar, how did your dinner go last night? Were you flossing all night? Speaking of blackberries, I saw a nice blackberry ice cream recipe yesterday. You boil the berries in water, then strain it and and mash the meat through the strainer. No seeds.

Got to get going. Have a nice day everyone - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, at one time the pool was heated, but at some point it was disconnected, which I'm glad about. I can't imagine the cost of heating it.  We have oil heat.  My son won't care if it's a chilly dip, he's been lovingly looking out the window while having his breakfast since we moved in.

ETA:  I should add that we have a tankless water heater, so our hot watered is heated by our furnace which is powered with oil.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My son has his pool heated, Winter.  He has some kind of what looks like an electrical generator outside that's fenced in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

We went swimming in our pool twice this weekend.  Ours is heated via a heat pump, but we've been looking into adding a solar heater for a while now -- strangely, we're having trouble finding anyone who'll install a permanent system, so we may just get one of those do-it-yourself kits.

Our pool has a really dark surface, which helps keep the heating cost down, but it's not enough by itself to heat the pool warm enough for my taste, esp. here in New England.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, you don't have to use oil to heat the pool. Most people use propane gas. Some pool owners have a solar blanket to cover the pool when not in use. Or solar panels on their roof - just to heat their pool. We have propane, but I wish we had the solar panels. They were just not the "in" thing 20 years ago.
    You don't heat up the pool so it is warm like a bath tub - just enough to take the chill off. There is quite a bit of difference between 65 degrees and 75 degrees. We keep ours at 78, I believe. Enough so you don't turn blue or get cramps. Higher than that, algae starts growing and the pool gets cloudy. - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We are a getting a solar cover for it to help heat it..someone is giving it to us.  We do not want an added expense right now of another type of heater for the pool at this time.  We are going to look at it at the end of the season and see if it's something we want to do.  I know at some point the furnance went to the pool to heat it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter,
    Smart thing to do. See first if you really need to heat it - you may like the cold water. Some people do.
    I am sure there are more "urgent" things you want to do in your new home. - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]We are a getting a solar cover for it to help heat it..someone is giving it to us.  We do not want an added expense right now of another type of heater for the pool at this time.  We are going to look at it at the end of the season and see if it's something we want to do.  I know at some point the furnance went to the pool to heat it. 

We're all helping you spend your money, Winter - LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks everyone.  Everyone wants me to have a housewarming party.  So we are talking about mid July.  Of course everyone now wants to know what to get us.  I'm going to make a basic list for those that keep asking.  I keep telling them gifts are not necessary.  :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks everyone.  Everyone wants me to have a housewarming party.  So we are talking about mid July.  Of course everyone now wants to know what to get us.  I'm going to make a basic list for those that keep asking.  I keep telling them gifts are not necessary.  :)

You know people will bring something tho.  Perhaps gift certificates, like to Home Depot or wherever you go to buy things would be good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Not sure how you would feel about this, as I know its always a touchy subject on Weddings, but I have a friend that set up a housewarming registry.  I'm pretty sure it was Crate and Barrel, but I'd bet that Target, etc have something similar, if you were interested.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, I made something on Amazon only because I have a couple of people that keep saying what do you want.  I'd rather get something I need then something that I have no need for or already have.  I did not register for the wedding nor did I have a shower, since it was a second wedding for both of us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I hope you don't feel you have to explain yourself.  I have no problem with whatever you decide to do.  If I were invited, I would want to buy you something you wanted/needed and would have no problem pulling up a registry to do so.  =)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

thanks Novemb.  What grade is your DS in?