June Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: June Chat

I love buying and receiving cards and I am real picky about them.  DD tells me I always give her the best cards ever but she gives the same to me.  I happened to look at the cost of the beautiful mothers day card she gave me and it was $8.00!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Told G.T. what a time I had finding father's day cards and he sent this - -

"Tried to find a card today without the smaultz and sap,
    but everything they had to sell, I found to be just crap!
    I stood there, with my hands on hips, I held back such a curse,
    Instead I thought I'd treat you, to a lovely Dad's-Day verse:"
    (Add your poem)

Must be a slow day in work!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I wish I was that quick to do that!  That is awesome tt!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I wish I had his quick wit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: June Chat:
    [QUOTE]I love buying and receiving cards and I am real picky about them.  DD tells me I always give her the best cards ever but she gives the same to me.  I happened to look at the cost of the beautiful mothers day card she gave me and it was $8.00!! 
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Have you ever happened to check out the cards inn Barnes and Noble?  Now everytime I'm in there I peruse them for any upcoming birthdays/anniversaries.  They're really different, both in their pictures and short verse.  No more than Hallmark.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I haven't but I will.  Thanks for the tip!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I passed on the blueberries @ S&S last night, but the strawberries are very yummy.  Also grabbed some raspberries and blackberries.  I dropped the blackberries in my yogurt this morning - then had to floss all the seeds out. 

Glad you have a day to get your things done today Pingo.  Office work will always be there the next day.

On the subject of greeting cards - I am sooo bad at cards and admire people who are good at them.  I usually forget to buy them, then half the time when I do buy them I forget to send them.  For example, this year DS will give DH the card I bought for LAST Father's Day (if I remember, of course)!  My family was never big on cards, so I guess it carried over.  My MIL, on the other hand, is wonderful about sending very appropriate cards for every occassion and has quite a stash that she lets me raid when I'm in a pinch.  I do always make an extra effort to send her a birthday and Mother's Day card.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, love the verse from GT.  Novemb, that's funny about the father's day card.  I need to take my DS to the store this weekend so her can get one for DH and his dad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, I liked his verse too.  Trouble is the one I wrote starts out pretty much the same, so it would be redundant!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

great minds think alike (tt & GT)!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ran out to Michael's and picked up some card stock and envelopes, plus some fishing attachments for two of them and a Mexico theme (guitar, sombrero, muchakas) for the other one.  Now I'll just have to put them together tonight.

Pingo, they are moving into Circuit City.  Supposed to be the end of next month, but the girl said the date keeps changing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Meant to mention, G.T. spotted a groundhog meandering through his rose garden this morning before he came to work.  It went around the side of the house before he could see its destination, but didn't see any holes, so is hoping he was just headed back home to a neighboring yard, after a night on the town!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt...I had lot sof money plants till the fella across the street (thoght he was doing me a favor, he didn't charge me, wouldn't take anything)chopped them and my wood iris down!!  Oh , Now when he offers to cut the lawn I run around and put white plastic cups over everything I want him not to touch.  My yard
    looks hilarious, but at least my flowers are safe!!.  What are moonflowers?? SS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Do you have a Dollar Tree near you?  The words Dollar Tree are in green....they have some pretty good cards, I got them there for my son in laws, DH, and two birthday cards....thought all were real nice and ,are you ready?? 50cents each!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

50 cent?  wish I had a dt near us

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I wish I had one too!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think that's the one that's in where Marshall's is.  I go in there a lot for different things, and have bought cards there too.  Just didn't think of them this time.  Bought some bronze colored folded note paper and cards to match to apply the fishing gear (to 2) and the Mexican Sombrero etc (1) to.  I think they'll be pleased.  I used to make all my cards, got lazy with the writing the verses to go in.

Icer might have a pic still of her moonflowers.  They bloom at night.  Some varieties come in a bush or vine (Icer's) and some like G.T.'s are single tall upright flowers.  I remember the first time I was staying at a house he had in Framingham and when it got dark he said, come outside, I want to show you something - wondered what I was going to see by the light of the moon, and there they were, opening up for the night .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

very stressed...I love Gr so much. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How is Gracie doing tonight?  Is she able to walk to go out and do her duty?  Poor little pup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Father's Day cards for my boys:

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OMG tt, those cards are awesome! Did you really do those yourself? Such an artist we have on the Chat.
    Had a busy day. Lots of errands - including Costco - looked for you at the Pharmacy, but of course Peter had no idea, who "toytrumpet" is. LOL
    DH went to a job site in RI this morning. Just called, he is on his way back. 1 and 1/2 hour at the best, before he reaches home. Told him to call when he reaches the MA border. I am making stuffed filets of soles - that will give me just enough time to put it in the oven.
    Hope you all will enjoy the evening - just lovely out. Maybe we will eat on the deck tonight. - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, I did.  G.T. partner's Mom just called and I was telling her and she said, "Be sure to put "made by Ma" and a price - that's what those card computer programs have" - so I went in in a fancy writing and typed "Card lovingly made by Ma  ~ 2011 and underneath in smaller print typed "USA  8.99".  I'll glue that on the back bottom of the card.

The supper you have planned sounds delicious.  I think it's getting a little chillier out, I've shut some of the windows.  I have to get a go on and clean up the kitchen myself.  Been fooling with these cards between putting the verse in and the decorations on front - - -

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yay Bruins!!  Wahoooooooo!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

t.t. Ditto!!!!!!AMAZING!!!! bg

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Well, quite a game last night!  I dozed a bit during it, but luckily woke up for the end of it.  So exciting.

Kar - how's Gracie doing?  Hope she's getting better each day.  I know how difficult it is to see them suffer.  It will just take time.

I can't believe today's only Thursday - been such a long week.  Have a drs appt today - boy do I dread those.

Still getting Mom settled in.  She's beginning to adjust little by little.  I just hope she'll be happy here, I know it's so hard for her.  Not only leaving FL and her friends down there, but having to go to Assisted Living.  The good think is she is near my brother and I now, and she is making new friends. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.