June Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: June Chat

Good Morning All - Happy Summer.  I beginning to feel guilty for not having updated pics of my "boys" after seeing all of these kitty pics Smile

Still trying to get Mom situated and more comfortable in her new place.  The  moving truck is coming Weds with the rest of her things, so that may make her feel more at home. 

Looking forward to going to a friends house for dinner tonight with another gf of mine - love "girls" nights. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Amber I am hooked on Tigger.  Cheerio I agree with Novem, you minx.  These are priceless photos friends.
    my son's team won their first championship game last night with a score of 10-0
    They play tonight and will hopefully win the game. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Another beautiful day!  Too bad some of us are at work.  I hear the rest of the week and Saturday is not too good.  Keep our fingers crossed for Sunday.  Kar, I hope Gracie gets the drain out. Can't wait for your update.  November, I aim to please with the humor.  I do love humor and mine is a bit warped at times Sealed
    Winter, I too am hooked on Tigger.  He is so affectionate too.  We always say it is like having a dog as he comes when you call him and purrs if you look at him.  Boo is my quiet one and loves his "alone" time with Mom at 3:00 in the morning.  LOL!  tt, I can't imagine what you will write and I am so looking forward to it.  You have a gift my friend..  I hope everyone gets to enjoy this beautiful day!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Congratulations to your son's team, Winter!  That's great.  I remember my boys at that age with their sports and they would be so pumped up after a game like that. Hope they can keep the momentum and win tonight's too.  It's a lot, they are just kids and kids bodies.  Good luck.

Cheerio never did get a post off to Tigger.  She's not used to, or sure she even wants to get involved in this "online dating".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Sorry Winter forgot to say Congratulations to your son's team too!  I miss when my DD playes softball.  Really enjoyed that in the summer and she was such a good player. 

tt, I am old fashioned so I agree with the online dating. My friends use to preasure me about it but know better now.  If I am meant to find someone, I will, but if not, i am quite happy in my life : )  I met my DH working in a donut shop and he was a park ranger, so you never know!  

But I must confess I got a little dreamy thinking of the beautiful kitties Cheerio and Tigger would make... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks for the well wishes.  Oh what beautiful kittens those two could have.  Amber, we ar getting a kitten in the near future and I'm looking for a cat like Tigger...because I want to name him Chewy...from Star wars :)  However, if I fall in love with another kitten that's ok too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

But I must confess I got a little dreamy thinking of the beautiful kitties Cheerio and Tigger would make

Now, now, you're rushing things a bit.  Right now she's napping on her tuffet, and says she will see when she wakes up and has slept on it.  Frankly, I don't hold out much hope.  She, like me, is used to doing things in her own way, and with that orange hair of his, I suspect tigger can be a bit of a handful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: June Chat:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the well wishes.  Oh what beautiful kittens those two could have.  Amber, we ar getting a kitten in the near future and I'm looking for a cat like Tigger...because I want to name him Chewy...from Star wars :)  However, if I fall in love with another kitten that's ok too.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Watch out, Winter, that you don't get snookled like I did, adopted by a "plain Jane" who chooses you, and that you can't say no to!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Both Tigger and Boo came from a neighbor who had 4 female UNspayed cats, that all had litters.  It was to the point of ridiculous.  I had just lost my Bandit and her son brought over Tigger.  It was very sweet of him and at first I didn't want him but caved in of course.  Then it happened again the following summer.  All 4 cats had kittens and there were 17 kittens on her lawn!  They were all crying and I was at my screen door and said "who is making all that noise" as a joke and here comes Boo running across the street and almost got hit by a car. I almost had a heart attack.  So of course I was only going to keep him until I got him a home as I already had Amber, Maggie and Tigger.  Yup, 9 years later....  the sad part is the next day the father took all the kittens and the mothers and tossed them in his car, never to be seen again.  I was so angry over that for a long time as I know he didn't take them to a shelter.  Boo was blessed to come to my house when he did.  I know this is long, but wanted to give a background on how I got them.  Both were just 8 weeks or so old when I took them.  I like to think they picked me, not I picked them : )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt,

so funny, just seen your post.  I pretty much said the same thing about Tigger and Boo.  They picked me : )

ETA:  tell Cheerio I understand and as charming as Tigger can be, he is a bit of a devil.  He has that irish charm for sure... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I have a soft spot for Tiger cats so they would be welcomed.  My at growing up looked just like Cheerio.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hooray for MiniWinter and his teammates!!  DS's season is over.  He's already moved on and is looking forward to the last day of school on Friday, and a trip to FL (w/ his mom) on Saturday.

Pingo, good poitn that our honeys would all get long.  Whatever lese they may or may not have in common, they have wonderful taste in women!

Have fun tonight, Cal.  Nothing like a girls night to lift the spirits, IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have you girls not noticed the thread Icer started - "Summer Thoughts"?  She started a "rhymer" - won't you girls "rhyme" in?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

This is going to take me awhile, but I'll come up with something

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll think of something too tt. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    Congratulations to your son's team, Winter. Hope for them they will go all the way and bring home a trophy.
    Kar, you must be at the vet right now. Hope you will bring Gracie home w/o the drain.  Waiting for your report.
    I have some sad news to report. Our son called late last night, devastated. His beloved kitty has some form of liver cancer. The report came back yesterday. He was not eating, while at the hospital, so they fed him with a syringe. The vet suggested, it could be due to stress. So our son brought him home to see if he would start to eat at home. If in 48 hours he does not, they have to bring him back and the vet will insert a feeding tube. How long will he live with this? No one can tell. It is definitely fatal. But it could take a few weeks or several years.
    The vet believe it is genetic, nothing they could have done differently. Their cats have always been taken very well care of. But our son's FIL's cat - now about 10 years old - was diagnosed with the same illness a few months ago. The two cats are from the same mother, but different litters. Babu is only 4 years old and gorgeous. We did find at our last visit in April, that he wasn't as playful as he used to be, but thought it was due to him being older.
    Here he is preening himself:

I just wish, he will be as comfortable as possible during his last whatever time he has left. And when the time comes, he will go in a respectable manner. My hope is, he will just go to sleep at home.
    One never know which way ones life turns - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh Pingo, I am so sorry for your son's kitty.  Babu is a beauty.  I wish him comfort in his home for whatever time he has left.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sad, sad news, Pingo.  So sorry to hear that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo, that is just devasting news..  Babu is gorgeous...  My heart breaks for your DS..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Pingo, I'm so sorry for you and DS.  Poor, sweet Babu.  I wish, as you do, that is as comfortable as can be at home and goes peacefully in his sleep when the time comes.  Thoughts and prayers to your family.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I am not into rhyming this morning. More like using up a box of tissues. Will try tmw - maybe - Pingo

In Response to Re: June Chat:
    [QUOTE]Have you girls not noticed the thread Icer started - "Summer Thoughts"?  She started a "rhymer" - won't you girls "rhyme" in?
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Understandable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

So So sorry Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeasyII. Show LeasyII's posts

Happy First Day of Summer, Everyone!!! xoxoxo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, sooooo sorry about Babu, what a pretty kitty.  Poor little thing, and your DS must be so heartbroken.  Hugs!

I've updated Pets, sorry for the delay.  

I'll check out the rhyme thread...

Let's hope Summer cheers us all up - happy first day!

~kar