June Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: June Chat

Kar,

Thinking of Gracie this morning..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novemb, I like the creamsicle colors.  My DS team will be in the play-offs as they are in first right now.  It looks lke they won't have a game until the 13th with the final game (if necessary on Father's Day).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That is great Winter. Good luck to the little guys. If they go all the way and win, how about a pool party for them? I had so many of those. Just pizza, soft drinks and ice cream; it made their day.
    Of course, we also went to Prince Pizza many times. They used to have "specials" for the teams. - Pingo

In Response to Re: June Chat:
    [QUOTE]Novemb, I like the creamsicle colors.  My DS team will be in the play-offs as they are in first right now.  It looks lke they won't have a game until the 13th with the final game (if necessary on Father's Day).
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, great idea, however, he plays for the city we used to live in, so I don't think the parents will want to come to the suburbs...but you never know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walllykent. Show walllykent's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: June Chat : But aren't you going to tell everyone when you stopped to take a dump? I mean, you fools actually think anyone cares about your inane daily activities. All this while the country is being gutted by the international banking cartel that will result in your children living a a 3rd world police state. You're a shallow idiot. Your children will suffer dearly for your apathetic ignorance.
    Posted by Boston-boy[/QUOTE]

And you think that we care about your inane daily activities?  Unlike you, people have lives, you know, actually live, instead of being like you, Mr.Glum.  Are you so desperate for attention that you go out of your way and find posts where people are actually enjoying their lives so you can come in and try to ruin it?  You come on these forums and claim that you were the one attacked but in reality you are one who instigates it as evident in your post above. You enjoy trying to ruin it for others. You are one lonely and desperate soul.  Your family must really enjoy your company around the holidays.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Was out for the morning taking care of some things, one being - remember I told you about the email I had sent to Macy's re poor customer service I had received?  A week or so ago a manager of the Peabody store called.  She apologized and said that never should have happened, and if I would stop by the next time I was over there, she would leave a little something in the office for me.  I did stop in there this morning, and received a $25 gift certificate good on anything in the store. Tried my best to find a piece of costume jewelry to wear to a wedding I'm going to in a couple of weeks, but couldn't find just the right color necklace.  I'll try over the Route 1 store.  Beforehand tho, I've got to read the small print and make sure I can use it at a branch other than Peabody.  You know how they are with their "exclusions" on their coupons etc.

While I was in the vicinity, stopped in a new salon/make up/hair/skin/fragrance store that has opened up next to ToysRUs, Ulta.  A friend told me she had found a hair product she had been looking for all over and couldn't find anywhere else. It's a decent store.   All the name brands, and definitely not a junk discount store.  I picked up a Revlon lipstick and some L'Oreal hair spray. 

My last and best stop was at C&C fish on Lynn St. in Peabody, for a nice big, fat, sweet lobster claw.  Couldn't even wait to get a salad made when I got home - melted butter, dunked, and ate away.  So sweet and good.

Did get over and post a little suggestion on the new "society" thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Sounds like you had a great productive day.  Where is the society thread tt?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's on the main forum page, under "Confidential Chat:  General" then "Shallow Idots Society".  Pingo started it this morning after BostonBoy's posting on this thread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

thanks tt!  Will def check it out, sounds like fun Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

See, tt, I thought they owed you something for your troubles!   Excellent find with Ulta - LOTS of treasures to be discovered there!

Anyone else suddenly feel liek we're in a fishbowl?  With Boston chiming in, and wally coming to our defense.  I forget that others are following our "inane daily activities".  Oh well, I was a lurker, so I guess I should know better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]See, tt, I thought they owed you something for your troubles!   Excellent find with Ulta - LOTS of treasures to be discovered there! Anyone else suddenly feel liek we're in a fishbowl?  With Boston chiming in, and wally coming to our defense.  I forget that others are following our "inane daily activities".  Oh well, I was a lurker, so I guess I should know better.
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

I know.  I only think of women reading our posts, am always surprised when it seems men are scanning them too.  Do they really enjoy all this chatting?

Took brownies out of the oven 15" ago and figure they're cool enough to cut a square.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Haven't caught up today, but just logging on a minute to let you know Gracie is OK post-surgery.  The doc said it was a partial tear, and she should heal pretty quickly.  Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for our baby!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Wonderful news Kar!!!  Give her a hug from me : )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

That's great news, Kar!  Make yourself a cuppa and get some rest, I'm sure you're emotionally taxed.  We'll take care of the worrying for you for the rest of the day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good new Kar. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad to hear that Gracie's doing good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks so much, ladies!  I'll give her a group hug on Wednesday when we pick her up.  The doc said that it's very stressful for the parents to visit because they get all excited and then crushed when they don't go home so we'll wait.  But, of course, I'll call tomorrow to make sure she's on track. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, wouldn't you trek through the city for your son to have fun? I bet other parents would do that as well. I am sure the city parents would love to come for a break in the burbs. Maybe you just need a few refreshments for them too. Sounds to me like a great party, and I am sure your son will be basking in the attention, he will get from his team mates. Good luck - Pingo

[QUOTE]Pingo, great idea, however, he plays for the city we used to live in, so I don't think the parents will want to come to the suburbs...but you never know.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ah Kar, such great news. I am sure you feel worse than Gracie right now. That is a mother's dilemma. A mother always feel her child's pain. But Gracie will come back fast - especially as it was just a partial tear.
    Get yourself a nice glass of wine and relax. Ask DH to take you our for dinner - you definitely deserve it today.
    Remember the worst is over - look forward to pick up your puppy on Wednesday - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I ust love dogs...one of the things I love best aboutt Dogs s the wayy hey forget things soooo quickly...I am glad Gracie is doing well...Now we have to get you well...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I received this from SS.  I get some really nice things forwarded from her.  I know she will not post this herself, so I'll share with you, Chat friends:

People come into your life for a REASON, a SEASON or a LIFETIME.  When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.  
    They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.  
    They may seem like a Godsend and they are. 
    They are there for the reason you need them to be.  
    Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
    Sometimes they die.  Sometimes they walk away.
    Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
    What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire  fulfilled, their work is done.
    The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
    They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
    They may teach you something you have never done.
    They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
    Believe it, it is real. But only for a SEASON.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional  foundation.
    Your job is to accept the lesson,
    Love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
    It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for being a part of my life, whether you were a REASON, a SEASON or a LIFETIME.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So nice you posted it, tt. And especially let us know, who sent it to you. SS is such a lovely lady. I would love to meet her in person (as I would love to meet you too).
    The three of us have so much in common. - Pingo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She is a nice lady.  I thought some might want to forward it to friends of theirs.  I did.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

t.t., what a lovely essay S.S. sent. shaker, I'm passing it on to friends. bg

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Kar, how is Gracie doing today? bg