June Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: June Chat

The receptionist arrives at 8:00 so we have a few more minutes...  Thanks for asking, bg.

It's really weird not feeling her "little spirit" here as DH said last night; she does have a tremendous presence even when she's sound asleep in her crate. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

And that is why we let Shaker live here!!! just kidding..I will be brief because I am sooooo excited. I am taking the day off and me and my good friend are hitting Boston...It is always quite fun..but we also have hardships to navigate...the train...last time we were given one pass to use between the two of us...well there we were trying to go through the turnstyle..together...I guess one person uses the card..then hands it to the next but we didn't know..oh well...I think I have painted an acurate picture of my up-coming day

I will post a full report when I return...MM are you around today?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Love that tt and I too am forwarding it to my friends.  I'm sure all is well with Gracie Kar, but how are you??  I know what you mean by the "spirit" in your house.  I have lost 2 pets and was always struck by how much I missed their presence.  She will be home before you know it, ready to get lots of love.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That was a nice sentiment forwarded from SS and oh so true about friendships.

I'm actually doing OK, thanks.  It was a huge relief to know she came out of surgery since you never know about anesthesia.   I'm eager to have her home, but not terribly worried anymore.

I posted this in Pets, but so you don't have to bounce around:

Gracie had a good night last night and is recovering nicely so far.  She's comfortable enough to use the leg to "toe touch" as she walks which is exactly what they want.  She hasn't eaten yet, but they don't seem concerned about that.  I can call tomorrow around 9:30 (after the doctor sees her) to see if she's cleared, as expected, to come home.

Thanks, again, for all the well wishes for us and Gracie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  tt, thanks for sharing it's great. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I know what you mean by the "spirit" in your house.  

Charlie's "spirit" still runs from room to room in this house.  I miss him so. Happened upon a cat segment on the Animal Channel the other day - a man who went in and completely calmed feisty unsociable cats by working with their owners showing them the correct way to handle them and their behaviour.  Wondered after, if I had done all I could to find out why Charlie went after Cheerio's throat all the time, and how differently I could have handled it.  Saw one of the couples on this show who had done the same as I, "time outs" etc.  Pretty funny actually when you think of it.  There was one Siamese tho, who only would leave the closed bedroom door alone by the use of an air blast can that would let a burst of air out when the beam was crossed - sort of like burglar alarms when that beam is crossed, only this was just enough of a burst of air that the cat didn't like it and would jump back.  He soon learned not to go near that door.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm sure if we have another puppy someday I'll do things differently given things I've learned here and there and by our experience with Gracie.  I love the air solution for the door!  (At first I misread it to say "air horn" and laughed at that mental picture.)  I didn't realize I could feel her presence until she was gone...so happy it's only temporary for now.  I know we'll miss her forever, too, when she leaves us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I don't think you could have done anything differently tt with Charlie.  Cats are funny creatures and I was just lucky the spray bottle worked to get Tigger to stop attacking Boo a while ago.  They are fine now but still fight occassionally.  I think cats are like us in the fact they don't have to like the other cat they live with.  Like having a roommate and discovering you don't like them.  Some cats are one person cats too, cannot tolerate other people or animals.  So nothing you did I'm sure.  Love the air blast can story : )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad to hear Gracie's doing good, Kargiver.  She'll come along fine once she's home in her own surroundings.  Glad some of the worry has been lifted from your shoulders too.

Icer, have a wonderful time in Boston.  Supposed to be a great day for walking around.  Tell us all about your kalooping when you get home.

Glad you all like the reason, season, lifetime post.  I like to pass things like that, puts things in a different perspective.

Off again today, so have to get around.  Bought a new hair product and am anxious to see how it works - lately my hair has looked terrible, and it's always been my crowning glory.  Must be lacking something in my diet, or need a change of shampoo and hair care products.  Chat later.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Some cats are one person cats too, cannot tolerate other people or animals. 

Thanks, Amber, but what kills me is that he's living in a household with 2 other cats now and gets along fine.  So, clearly, something I did or didn't do, affected his torture of laid back Cheerio.  Oh well, no use crying over spilled milk.  I should be happy he's in a home where he gets along now, but secretly, I kept thinking he'd escape and I'd find him crying at my back door one day!  How terrible is that.  Gotta get a go on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm sure it had nothing to do with anything you did or didn't do, tt.  All cats have different personalities, and those two just didn't get along.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

I added my 2cents to the new society....can't wait for the first meeting....I'm off to a Volunteer Luncheon today at Lantana's in Randolph...Chicken dinner (it's the same every year) it's good, what makes it even better, I don't have to cook it...take care, nice sunny day, hope all enjoy it.  ss

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: June Chat:
    I added my 2cents to the new society....can't wait for the first meeting....I'm off to a Volunteer Luncheon today at Lantana's in Randolph...Chicken dinner (it's the same every year) it's good, what makes it even better, I don't have to cook it...take care, nice sunny day, hope all enjoy it.  ss
    Posted by shakersilly2010

Enjoy!  Have a great time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thanks for the nice email TT and SS.  So true.

Icer - I have the picture in my head of you girls heading to the train! When I used to commute into Boston, I loved to watch the tourists and other day-trippers navigating the city.  I always offered to help when I could.  I think it helped me not take being in the middle of everything for granted.  Have fun today!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sometimes I miss being in the middle of everything!  I'm in the middle of nowhere!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Icer, Funny story...You mentioned Vin & Eddies as your favorite restaurant....when we first moved here (1993) we were trying all the places to eat....lots of goodies, most have closed, Progress, I don't think so....well, any way we went to Vin & Eddies and I had a hard time understanding the menu, when the waiter came over I asked him to explain the menu to me, it all looked like Greek to me (meaning I couldn't understand whatever it said after Chicken, Pork etc), he very hautily replied, "You mean Italian, don't you?".....we did not
    know it was an Italian place.....probably missing out, but when I want Italian we go to Marias on Rt.53 in Braintree. ss

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    So glad to hear Gracie is doing, what she is supposed to do after surgery. Long time for mommy to wait until 9:30 am tmw. Best wishes!
    Icer, I laughed out loud of you two trying to get through the turnstile. Too funny. Have a great day, and please do share your day with us, when you have a chance.
    The last time I took the T was 40 years ago. Lots of things have changed since then. Still have quite a few tokens left from that time. You think MBTA will reimburse me, if I send them in?
    tt, I know nothing about cats, but don't "beat yourself with the noodle", as Ann Landers would say. Cats are little people and act different in different environments. You found a good home for Charlie, and that is what is important.
    My DIL found, that their cats hate the smell of lemon. So she uses lemon scented products exclusively. No more jumping on the counters and furniture. Besides, she has a spraybottle with lemon water, she uses, when they get really naughty.
    tt, that your "crowning glory" is not such a glory anymore, could be due to the meds you are taking. Any thoughts about that? No hair product will ever rectify that. But I do hope that the one you bought will work for you.
    Right now I am in my phase of not sleeping well. Went to bed at 10 last night, fell sound asleep only to wake up around midnight. Tossed around for an hour, got up and did some ironing. Went back to sleep at 3. Got the best sleep from 4 to 9 am.  Any suggestions? It is driving me crazy.
    Oh well, another day ahead. Better get going.
    Chat later - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You are right Pingo.  Lots of changes on the T.  No more turnstyles, sliding doors that unfortunately the people that don't want to pay, try to piggy back.  Tokens have been gone forever, so I don't think there is hope to get reimbursed : (  You buy your tickets that you have to insert, by machine.  No T personel booths either, all gone.  They have a customer service booth if you get lost on what to do.  I have a Charlie Card that I reload online every month.  I must say, I do like this better as all I do is wave it in front of the reader and I am in.  Same with the bus, lines move much quicker.  I find when I get bouts of not sleeping, it sometimes helps to take a Tylenol PM. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Pingo, have you tried having "white noise" in the background?  We have a sound machine and listen to "rain fall" at night.  I'm by no means comparing you to my dog, but puppy never slept through the night until we got that machine.  I still wake up sometimes, but the sound is very soothing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My DH suffers from insomnia.  He cannot have any caffeine after his 7:00 AM tea.   Anything additional affects his sleep.  We dim the lights an hour before we go to bed (bright light blocks melatonin production), no TV in the bedroom, ever (it causes you to associate the bedroom with something other than sleep and sex).  Triptophan is in peanut butter; you can have a tablespoon before bed if you don't like warm milk. :)  You probably already know and do these things, but it's all I know.  Sorry you're having trouble!

tt, Pingo is right about medication and hair health as you probably already know.  Many meds, like beta blockers for high blood pressure, can cause hair loss.  Hope you see improvement soon.  I had hair loss for awhile in my 20s, and my doctor said that it often happens due to stress and then subsides on its own which it did (thankfully!).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have been on Statins for 6 years and thankfully I have a full head of hair.  Love the drug addict comment Robin, too funny and true!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Pingo, Our neighborhood is full of cats and for some reason they all seem to think my back yard is their bathroom...I have nothing against cats, always had them before moving here, but their smell is awful, I'm going to make myself a bottle of strong lemon water and squirt away....I keep the bunnies away from my flowers with "Liquid Fence" but it doesn't faze the cats....ss

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

I bjust got in from work 2 hours ago, just catching up. t.t., my new favorite word is "kalooping" You've used it before, and it makes me laugh.b.g.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I had sooo much fun...little tipsy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Icers been Kalooping! b.g.

Sections
Shortcuts