June Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: June Chat

You would not believe the twists and turns the Y&R has taken, Novem, I could hardly believe my eyes and ears today!!  

Cain is not dead, it was his twin brother that was killed, it has really been him that has been visiting Lily, and she admitted her self to the hospital because she thought she was going crazy!  Cain's father was planning on absconding with the 2 babies and take them back to Australia, but Cain and his mother have been plotting all along to do away with the father in revenge of Cain's sister, Samantha's death that they feel the father caused.  Today left the father having been confronted by the mother, she pushing him, and he hanging by his fingers from a balcony.

Daisy (the crazy one that was having a baby) abandoned her baby in a church, it fell into the hands of a woman who sold her to Victoria and Billy (they did not know whose baby it was, Victoria did not even know Billy had bought it, she thought it was the result of a legal adoption that just fell through), Phyllis, whose son is the real father, has located Daisy and brought her back into town to fight Daniel's signing over custory to Victoria and Billy, allowing them to adopt her.

Nikki is back in rehab, thanks to Victor who kindly took her there.  He is also making a try at being fatherly to Victoria during all her trials and tribulations over the adoption of Lucy.

Sharon still hides out on the farm but was almost spotted by Adam as he tried to prove her accident wasn't a suicide.  Now a little purse has surfaced that holds a gas receipt from that area, dated two days before Sharon even vanished.  Adam is starting to get suspicious.

Have I forgotten anyone?
    Boy, have you missed a lot!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

ooooooohh.....

TT you are great.  I love how you recap the storylines. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I was rivetted today with the yAND THE r

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Where is everyone this morning? We are going to spend some time at the office today (I am sure you all are sick and tired of reading this). I was up bright and early to prepare dinner, so when I collapse at 7 pm - we don't have to go out for dinner or resort to take out (I just hate take out, no matter what it is).
    How is your foot tt? I woke up with pain in my heel this morning. Used to have it, but it was totally gone after I wore the Superfeet and my Stegmans. I have been wearing sandals for the past few days w/o support of any kind, and I am pretty sure, those are the culprits. Hope you are doing better.
    Had a dead sparrow on our deck this morning. Must have hit our sliders - didn't see any blood or feathers around. DH lovingly buried it somewhere.
    Any of you have graduations party to attend?  I feel really sad for the graduates - that it is raining. Put a damper on the festivities.
    Kar, how is the princess doing this morning. I didn't know, how much I missed by not following the Pet thread. Btw. how was DH doing with the grass fed beef? Haven't read anything about that. Maybe I missed it.
    You all enjoy this rainy day, whatever you are doing. I guess some more ball games got cancelled. But this is New England, where one can never trust the weather. - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning - no, afternoon.
    Pingo you are probably already at the office.  I just got back from Pennyworth's in Lynn.  Bought 2 pairs of shoes, SAS.  The white ones look very similar to my grasshoppers in style, with velcrow straps over the top which makes it easier for me to get a comfortable fit where my foot hurts), and the other pair I bought are white sandals I want to wear to a wedding in a couple of weeks.  Glad I took a ride down.  One of the older gentlemen waited on me and I was in there a good  hour and a half trying on different styles.  Didn't even look at the total, and took my glasses off when I signed the slip!  He laughed and said was giving me a little off, enough to buy a nice lunch.  I said, "Burger King next door?"  He said, "No, a nicer lunch than that."  Too bad that store doesn't carry slippers, but their Newburyport store does, Daniel Green's at least, so may take my "savings", check out that store, and get lunch in Newburyport to boot!

How is Gracie doing today, Kargiver?  I know you have the graduation party to go to, so she'll probably spend this rainy day snoozing in her crate.  I couldn't find Cheerio when I came in, usually she comes running, and I finally thought to check the cushions of the kitchen chairs.  There she was, under the table, curled up tight.

Picked up my shortened slacks at Toomey's on the way back, so now all that's left is spending my $25 gift certificate for my "inconvenience" at Macy's, hopefully on a nice piece of costume jewelry to wear to the wedding.  May take a run out there this afternoon.  But, right now it's lunch time and then some, so hope everyone's staying dry, and there's some chatter later.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh tt, so glad you got your shoes. Hope they will be comfortable for you. There is nothing better in the entire whole world, than comfortable shoes. Did you post pictures? You sound like you did, but I don't see them.
    Yes, I am at my office, wearing my Stegmann's. I wear them strictly indoors. When no one else will be at the office, I don't have to be formal. Slippers are ok - I make the rules anyway. LOL
    Looks like a lot of graduation parties is going to rain out. I feel so bad for the parties involved. People plan this way in advance - and always hoping for good weather.
    Just found out our PB son will not be coming for the 4th holiday. He has to spend a week in LA just before that - coming back on the 2nd night to PB. And our TX son will be helping out at his in-laws yearly huge party at their ranch. We are invited, but are not planning on going this year. DH says we can invite friends and family for a cook out here, but you know, with none of the boys here, I am sort of not in the mood for it. We shall see.
    Took a break from the numbers - now they are calling me. But it was so much more fun to chat with you. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll put this in a different post that it isn't erased, sorry that neither of your sons will be with you on the 4th.  I know just what you mean, having family there on a holiday, is what makes all the planning and preparation fun and worthwhile.

I think you'd better get another bookkeeper hired pretty fast.  Seems as tho you are spending more and more time at the office - AND - less and less time here on the boards - we miss you!

After I ate lunch, decided not to go out again.  Finished off the rest of the ham salad in a sandwich, and boy, it tasted good.  Tomorrow afternoon I may pop over the mall and see what I can find.  I've never bought that from a deli, always make my own, but this was really good with lettuce and sliced pickle on the bread.  Made one of my plain, unfrosted yellow cakes yesterday and have enjoyed a couple of slices of that.  Just need that little sweetness after a meal.

Well, while you are busy at work, I think I'll straighten out the kitchen then see what I can find on TV, perhaps a movie I haven't seen.  Chat later.

Oh, I hear Cheerio chasing and pouncing something in the toyroom - - - - 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, those look really comfortable. I especially like the sandals. Even if your Doc don't approve of them, you can always wear the sandals on occasion. It's the shoes we wear daily, that counts. Great buy - Pingo

In Response to Re: June Chat:
    [QUOTE]I hadn't posted a pic, Pingo, don't want to bore anyone with what my feet are encased in, but here's a pic - after you have seen it I'll erase it: The sandals are particularly comfortable because there is absolutely nothing over the part of my foot that is painful.  I'm not sure the dr. is going to be satisfied with either one, but they both feel good.  In any case, they are returnable, tho the sandals I'm definitely keeping so I won't be going crazy looking for a shoe to wear to the wedding.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, I like them too, and I feel the same as you, that it's the everyday shoes that count as far as support.  I love velcrow straps rather than tie.  That's part of why I love my grasshoppers so much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, I'm always afraid of getting lost when I drive somewhere by myself...When I first stated driving out jere (2002), I never knew where I was going (not having
    grown up in this area)....well, one day I wanted to go to a huge flea market that is held every year in Whitman, DH didn't want to go, so I went by myself, got there fine, on the way home I must have gotten turned around, oh my, how am I going to get home from here, I had no idea of where I was.....then I started talking out loud to St. Anthony, telling him I knew he was the finder of lost articles, but I was a lost person, could he please put me in the vicinity of Rt 18, 58, 27....then I knew I could find my way home, never one to fail me, he did, I made it, yea!!!  Going to a huge flea market in Kingston tomorrow, on Rt.53, know just how to go and get back...yup, I'll be alone, tt, I'll look for your book...take care, ss

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Garmin!  Garmin!  Garmin!  ;)

Anyway, not much time and plenty left to do before the in-laws roll in with DH in tow after SIL's party.  I went, too, but left early for Gracie's sake.  I updated her thread in Pets just now.

More later, must run before they get here and the last of the chores are not done.

~kar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---plenty left to do before the in-laws roll in with DH in tow after SIL's party---

Kar, you made me laugh. Wouldn't it be the other way around? Was visualizing your in-laws dragging your DH along. Will BIL come too?
    Hope the party went well, despite the lousy weather. Checked the Pet thread. Gracie looks so much more comfortable with her new "lampshade". And her incision looks beautiful. I mean in medical terms - it looks like it is healing well. When will they be removing the staples? Or are they the kind, that dissolve by themselves?
    Have a nice visit with DH relatives (sans BIL, I hope) - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They have their own car, up from Florida for the summer in NH so he's with them since I left early, and they are staying with us for the next two nights, anyway. :)  Happily, no, BIL will not be with them.  It's killing him that he can't control me so now he's trying the super duper charming tactic.  Really?  He thinks that telling me I look pretty and that he "misses me" is going to make me fall all over myself reestablishing a relationship?  Uh, I have DH for that kind of validation, thank you very much, and after you break my trust consistently for 3 years you don't win it back.  Maybe when I was 18 I was a fool, but not at 40.  The worst thing is that DH buys that BIL is being sincere.  Oh, well, what can you do.  His charm is better than his more overtly mean tactics, though, I have to admit.

Thanks for keeping up in Pets.  You are a nurse, right?  I'm glad you think they look good.  I thought so, too, but I'm not very experienced in such things.  They will have to be removed 2 weeks from the surgery, around June 20th.  Then, the cone can come off.  She's as comfy as possible with something on her head in her Comfy Cone - asleep on her "out of crate" bed waiting for DH to come home.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

His charm is better than his more overtly mean tactics, though, I have to admit.

And therein lies the clue - take it at face value and be glad that's his present tactic.  Both you and he know that his try at control of you isn't going to work anymore, and at least now you can peaceably coexist when necessary.  It will make a much more comfortable atmosphere not only for you, but for the rest of the family.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

While I cannot assume the same behavior will be displayed next time (although one can hope), you're absolutely right - I'll enjoy it for as long as it lasts.  I'm actually even happier for his parents than I am for myself for how he was yesterday; his typical behavior embarrasses them beyond words.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Did they oh and ah when they saw Gracie?  How is she this morning?  Are your guests still sleeping, or out with DH?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hope everyone had a good Sunday.  I went over to the Square One Mall in search of that illusive necklace to wear to the wedding.  Hit every store over there I could think of that carried any kind of costume jewelry, but nothing. Trouble is, in my mind is a necklace Luanne wore, and I'm sure even tho hers had teal colored stones, it was not "costume"!  I'll try Target during the week, they usually have some nice necklaces.  Did pick up a beautiful (to me) scarf in Claire's.  Of course it has green in it, green and white print with a white ball fringe.  Love it. Filene's Basement has really changed.  There used to be a substantial jewelry counter, no more, just a couple of spindles of pieces, not even a counter.  Macy's had quite a sale going on (aren't they always in the middle of one?) but I didn't stop to look, I'm really all set for summer things.

I see there was no activity on the boards while I was gone.  Must mean everyone was having a busy, fun-filled day.  Chat tomorrow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll post this for a Monday morning chuckle:

Now I know -

As I conditioned my hair in the shower recently, I took the time to read my shampoo bottle.  Now I'm in shock!

The shampoo I use when showering often runs down the length of my body...and the label reads: "For extra volume and body"!

Why haven't I noticed this before? Now I know why I'm so "full-figured"!

Tomorrow I'm going to start using Dawn dish soap in the shower; it says right on the label, "Dissolves fat that is otherwise difficult to remove."

It pays to read warning labels!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]I'll post this for a Monday morning chuckle: Now I know -   As I conditioned my hair in the shower recently, I took the time to read my shampoo bottle.  Now I'm in shock!   The shampoo I use when showering often runs down the length of my body...and the label reads: "For extra volume and body"!   Why haven't I noticed this before? Now I know why I'm so "full-figured"! Tomorrow I'm going to start using Dawn dish soap in the shower; it says right on the label, "Dissolves fat that is otherwise difficult to remove."   It pays to read warning labels!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

You know this clears a lot up for me as well....I need to use more dish soap and less conditioner...and I will lose weight???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

t.t. Hahahaha, so funny! I just got in from a busy weekend. We went to the Aquarium yesterday because D.D. wanted to go to the beach, the weather wasn't cooperating, so, at least we saw some ocean! Today, condo searhing, and lunch, and food shopping. Kar, I'm so glad Gracie is well, and doing better. t.t., also happy you're doing better. Wow, cashews? It must be awful to crave an allergen. I had a friend whose favorite food was strawberries, but she would break out in hives whenever she ate them.How was everyones weekend?bg

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Busy weekend and got behind on laundry so looks like that's what I'll be doing after baseball practice unless it's cancelled. 
    Kar, Gracie looks like she's coming along and I like her new cone.
    tt, how sad I love cashews, I don't blame you for having some.
    bg, sounds like a nice trip to the Aquarium.  My son asked if we could go to the top of hte John Hancock building one day, so I will put that on our schedule.
    Pingo, Novem, and everyone else.  How was your weekend?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OMG, tt, so funny about the shampoo!  You know, that could be my problem - mine is "volumizing," too, and I haven't been careful to keep it from getting on my thighs.

The in-laws left this morning after a lovely 2 night visit.  They were impressed with how well Gracie is getting along.  

I posted a photo that I took this morning of her incision in Pets.  The doc or nurse will take a look at it and let me know about the very top where it's not as flat.  I assume that's because it's where it bends, and I'm not sure what we could do about that.  She took her last pain pill this morning.  I hope she doesn't wake up tomorrow morning with boundless energy because she still has to stay very quiet.

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend despite the cold, damp weather.

~kar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    How was your weekend? Kind of lousy weather wise. Good time for me to spend at my office. DH and a few guys was working anyway, so I gave them company instead of sitting home alone.
    tt, I may not be on the Forums, as much as I used to be. After an entire day staring at the computer, I can't stand looking at the screen, when I get home. But that does not mean, I don't think about you all.
    Sounds like you had a great shopping day yesterday. Re: your necklace. Have you tried the internet? Just google Turquoise - or whatever - necklace, and you will find quite a collection. You mentioned teal colored? Still a good collection.
    Your shampoo joke was so great - thanks for sharing. I hear and read so many jokes, I want to post, but I am always afraid to hurt someone's feelings.
    Bg, it sounds like you and DD got the best out of a lousy weekend going to the Aquarium. I have been there umpty times as a classroom mother. Didn't like the place - too dark to oversee a bunch of kids. But I guess, if I go there again as a "tourist" I would probably enjoy it. Especially since our company constructed the latest additions. Lots of changes, since I visited with my school children.
    Kar, I took a look at your latest picture of Cracie's incision (pet thread). I know your doc already told you "Nothing to worry about!" - But good for you to be concerned. I just hate to say this, b/c he is supposed to be the knowledgeable one, but to me it looks just fine. Truly.
    It looks like one of the staples came out.  Should not have happened, but it does all the time. Maybe Gracie got to it, when you least noticed. It happened to me, with my second Cesarean. But the cut healed nicely on it's own from the inside out. It just took longer to heal. However, I still have a dimple - a dip or what ever - on my tummy.  So, please do not be too concerned. Watch it, so you know, there is no infection. Putting some Neosporin on it won't hurt - may make you feel better. But looking at the picture, there is no infection - IMO. The incision looks very healthy and like it should after one week.
    The week has just started. I am off to work - again - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]t.t. Hahahaha, so funny! I just got in from a busy weekend. We went to the Aquarium yesterday because D.D. wanted to go to the beach, the weather wasn't cooperating, so, at least we saw some ocean! Today, condo searhing, and lunch, and food shopping. Kar, I'm so glad Gracie is well, and doing better. t.t., also happy you're doing better. Wow, cashews? It must be awful to crave an allergen. I had a friend whose favorite food was strawberries, but she would break out in hives whenever she ate them.How was everyones weekend?bg
    Posted by pumpsygreen[/QUOTE]

Hi bg, the Aquarium is a great place to visit, isn't it?  Last year I went for the first time in a hundred years and totally loved it.  Love standing by that big tank and watching all that's going on.  How are things going with your daughter?  Are you still thinking of letting her go to Ireland this summer?  When does her school year end?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, BG, we're all thinking of your daughter and hoping for an update.  Glad you had a fun time at the Aquarium - good save with the bad weather!

Pingo, thanks for your input on Gracie's incision.  It must be the camera angle and lighting that makes a staple appear to be missing; they are all still there, thankfully.  I'll be so relieved when we are past the staple portion of her recovery!  The comfy cone is nice, but NO cone will be nicer!

We'll miss your more frequent posts, Pingo, but understand eye strain is a real problem that must be taken care of.  I'll try to post a new photo every morning in Pets around 8:00 am.