June Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: June Chat

You never know tt!!  And who would not love you and your wonderful sense of humor! Sealed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, believe me, there are plenty who don't!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Ooooohh...  tt and the brick guy, sitting in a tree.... GT is so sweet!

Did you ever have one of those that just draaaaaaaaaaaags by?  I swear the clock is stuck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I know what you mean November.  I just emailed DD and told her the same thing!  5:00 cannot come fast enough for me... 

You cracked me up with your tt song : )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I agree with time standing still today.

Pingo thanks for the well wishes for baseball.  They start the second round tomorrow...if they win they move on the finals next Mon-Wed.

tt, I hope you have the luck of the Irish with the brick layer :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

hi - see Pets pls

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I just gave you and Gracie a hug on the Pet thread. But here is another one: XXXOOOXXX, just in case. You didn't elaborate on the Pets - but did the doc have any explanation, why this happened after so many days?
    My best wishes to Gracie and especially her mom - Pingo

In Response to Re: June Chat:
    [QUOTE]hi - see Pets pls
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OMG - those old country craftsmen - love them to pieces. Well, I love their work - that is.
    We are having our brick front entrance reset right now as well. The roots from our birch tree have heaved it up in places. Our guy, who is doing it, is no Irishman, but doing a wonderful job - under DH's guidance. Label every brick, so it can be reset just right etc. But I guess, what GT meant, was not the workmanship as much as the bricklayer. tt, hope you get a chance to go out there and meet him.
    - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Hi everyone! t.t. is  thinking of kalooping with an Irishman! Well, they do have charming accents! D.D., I've decided is doing well enough, T.G.,to go to Ireland this summer in August as usual. Sometimes she goes on St. Stephens day(day after Christmas) as well. This year she couldn't. Thanks so much for all of you asking, it really helps a lot. Kar, I'll check out the pet thhread to catch up on our Gracie. I so hope she's doing well. On a lighter note, add me to the list of chatters who found you're post hilarious. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, like a puzzle.(It's been a looong Mon. and Tues.) What a PITA though for you.Winter, hoping for a great season for your D.S. Oops someone at the door, will check in later. b.g.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I cou    eep typing thi  w y i  you w nt to  eep   ughing!  Wink 
    or use the on-screen keyboard...not as funny in any way!

Thx for all the XOs & well wishes.  just updated pets.

I nee    new  eybo r .

Goo  night!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Kar, you are too much.  Like you really needed one more thing to deal with right now, huh?  Thank goodness it is just the keyboard that need replacing.

BG - great news that DD is well enough to travel!  Hopefully is makes her feel even better to go back to her usual routine.  Any bites on your house yet?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from uklfstyle. Show uklfstyle's posts

altmost the end of the mounth:( But it comes something better :D July:X:X

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news, BG, re DD's health and trip!

Pingo, GL with patio.  DH just reset part of ours this year.

Gr's thread is updated this am.

~kar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  bg, glad DD is well enough to make the trip.  I'm sure she's very excited about it.  Pingo, good luck with the patio.  At some point the wall in the front of the house is going to need repair as well as redoing our driveway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Before  G.T. can have his patio restored, he has to go before the Historical Commission, or as he calls them, the "hysterical commission" with the plans from the bricklayer. They have given them such a hard time with every single repair they have had to make on the exterior of the house.  AND, any A/C has to be on the back side of the house where it can't be visible from the street! They have transformed what was a neglected 14 room home into a showplace worthy of its ancestry, keeping the integrity of the property inside and out, but it tain't been easy with that group.  Buyer beware if you are thinking of buying a historical house. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Although I am a Heinz 57, I married an Irishman.  I can attest they are very charming Wink

In Response to Re: June Chat:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone! t.t. is  thinking of kalooping with an Irishman! Well, they do have charming accents! D.D., I've decided is doing well enough, T.G.,to go to Ireland this summer in August as usual. Sometimes she goes on St. Stephens day(day after Christmas) as well. This year she couldn't. Thanks so much for all of you asking, it really helps a lot. Kar, I'll check out the pet thhread to catch up on our Gracie. I so hope she's doing well. On a lighter note, add me to the list of chatters who found you're post hilarious. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, like a puzzle.(It's been a looong Mon. and Tues.) What a PITA though for you.Winter, hoping for a great season for your D.S. Oops someone at the door, will check in later. b.g.
    Posted by pumpsygreen[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I can just imagine how gorgeous it is.  I love old homes!  I find the new homes today have no character.  God love GT and partner for putting up with the hysterical commission (LOL), but I am sure it is worth it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

They have no choice.  The thing is, they would never put anythng cheap on either the inside or outside of their home, and every change/repair they have made they have stayed true to its original integrity.

As for the Irishman - yeah, I find that brogue utterly charming, and after a few minutes in the company of one, find myself slipping right into it myself!

Going out, chat later.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, aren't those committees a pain?!  full of their own power over homeowners sometimes, I think

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I <3 GT & partner for restoring thier home true to its roots.  I too looooove old houses, except for the tiny closets, of course.  My dream home is a big old center hall colonial.  Maybe someday.  "Hysterical commission" is funny - and accurate!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh my gosh, those greeting cards are going to be the death of me.  Could not find one for any of my boys for Father's Day, and neither could I find what I wanted for 3 friends who are having birthdays the end of this month.  Finally sat down and wrote a Father's Day verse for the boys when I got home.  The birthday ones I still have time to look other places.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, did you notice how ridiculously expensive greeting cards got???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I just loved the "hysterical commission"! I already forwarded it to Mr. P - he has to deal with them all the time in our line of business. They are truly such a pain. But after a long time being in this business, he has learned and know, how to address them. No, not bribing (well sometimes that works too, but that word is not in our company's vocabulary). But he knows now, what they will accept and what they will not. So it has become easier to get his ideas through (it is all about wording, LOL), without affecting the historic aspects. If it is a DIY project, they can be quite a nuisance and will give you the run around until you give up. Not all home owners are like your GT and his partner.
    However, they are there for a reason. Many of the lovely old houses, we love to drive by, would not be there, if it was not for them. 
    Kar, haven't seen an update about Gracie. Is she doing better? I know, she is not using the leg, but I believe it is due to yesterday's visit. Must be hurting and feeling different for her.
    BG, I am glad you are showing your daughter enough confidence to let her go away in August. Will be good for you both. Can you go with her for part of the time? I am sure you have a lot of trusted relatives, that already know about her sickness, and will take good care of her.
    I am taking a break today. The office got to me yesterday. Have a few errands to do, plus some house cleaning and laundry. Yes, busy day - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I did, I did.  S&S had a coupon if you bought any 3 cards they would automatically take $5 off your order.  That's what made me so mad, that I couldn't even pick out 3 birthday cards!  Sometimes I'm feeling flush and I send the musical ones, but not feeling flush right now after my shoe expense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

S&S had blueberries, buy 1/get 1 free.  Of course I think they were $4.99 so probably not much of a savings.  Got some strawberries that look good, haven't checked them out yet, bought some corned beef and made a sandwich instead of my usual salad.