June Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: June Chat

tt, you really are amazing!!!  I don't have an artistic bone in my body.  My brother could draw like nobody's business and played drums in a band.  So funny his 2 sons can draw too and his oldest plays drums in a band.  Miss my brother for sure, great guy.  So love seeing how alike you and GT are : )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar,

What's wrong??  Are you and Gracie ok?

In Response to Re: June Chat:
    [QUOTE]very stressed...I love Gr so much. 
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good morning gals.  I think its going to be a loooong day for a lot of people.  I'm already exhausted.  Had dance rehearsal last night, then stayed up for the and to watch the post-game interviews and antics.  Puppy slept through everything and was rearing to go at 5:30 AM.  Godd grief!  Early to bed tonight!

TT- awesome cards!  I thought you had four sons?  Oh, and I was walking through Sears last night and noticed all kinds of turqoise/teal costume jewelery, ifyou have time to check it out.

Pingo/gt - waht is moving into Circuit City?  I missed it.

Kar - hope everything is OK.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

she hasn't used the leg since the drain was placed.

tt, cute cards!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  So my son's team won his game last night.  Tonight is game 2...hopefully they win and they won't need to paly tomorrow.  If they win this series the finals start Monday.

tt, very nice cards!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Congratulations to your son's team, Winter!  Keeping fingers crossed and sending wishes of good luck for tonight's game.  Maybe the Bruin's fever will carry over to the kids' local baseball teams.

Novem, I do have 4 sons, but G.T. isn't a "father" (unless of course, you count Desmond and Norma!).
    Michael's is who's moving into the old Circuit City on Route 1 the end of July.
    And, you know, I was thinking of Sears for the jewelry, when I was over the mall, walked the other end and the upper floor, but not down as far as Sears. Thanks.  I'll check it out tomorrow.  Have something to return to Filene's Basement.  In the meantime I tried on my outfit and different necklaces I have, and I do have 2 that looked good - not teal, but they'll do in a pinch if I don't find anything.  I mean, really, all eyes will be on the bridal party, it's not like I'm a member of the family or anything.

Got the trash out, but haven't had my coffee yet, have NECN on watching the Bruin's arrival etc.  Time for a cup -- hoho -- a Stanley "cup" for the Bruins, and a "cup" of coffee for me!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, I don't know if you watch NECN or not, but I had the station on this morning because I knew it would have all the Bruin's continuous coverage - there was a woman from a bakery, I want to say Cake Connections, but I don't think that's right - anyway she had brought the station crew a cake in the shape of the Stanley Cup, and Bruins' cupcakes.  Of course she was getting a plug in for anyone who wanted to order either/or for Father's day, but the cake was awesome.  Just thought of you and wondered if you had seen it.

ETA:  still trying to think of the name of the bakery, Cake Occasions, maybe?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Novem, I do have 4 sons, but G.T. isn't a "father" (unless of course, you count Desmond and Norma!).

Thought so.  I'd count them, but then, I'm a crazy pet parent myself.  =)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Novem, I do have 4 sons, but G.T. isn't a "father" (unless of course, you count Desmond and Norma!). Thought so.  I'd count them, but then, I'm a crazy pet parent myself.  =)
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

Well, actually, I do have something for him.  Something I saw online.  Can't say here, because sometimes he might check out these boards.  Anyway, he is getting a card too, I'm working on the verse now, but I have to decide on the decorations, and I'll give him the card and elaborately wrapped gift when he picks me up for the wedding.  SS knows what it is and she wants me to take a pic of his face when he opens it!  BUT, of course, noone here will ever see it.
    What a tease, huh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Of course you have already thought of him, you are such a good Ma. 

A tease indeed... I expect a fully detailed report Monday morning.

Going to NECN.com to check out the arrival photos.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Actually the wedding is next week-end, but I think I'll take a pic of him and the gift and maybe a separate one of just the "gift".  That I can post here, I think you'll get a kick out of it.

Cam Neely was just on NECN and I almost called my youngest son.  When he skated, Cam was his big hero.  I still have a poster upstairs of him that was in his room.  All the kids at that time wanted to be like Cam Neely.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I copy that tt, what November said!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, GT's partner's mother had the right idea. But instead of putting a dollar price on them (b/c your cards are truly priceless), I would suggest something like this -
    Price: Cleaning up my yard come fall! Or something similar, that would be special for each of your sons.
    I am questioning too, why only 3 cards? GT is now a father. He has Norma and Desmond. You better make one for him as well. And please show us a picture.
    Those stuffed soles last night were awesome. I am such a stickler for fresh fish. We eat a lot of fish, but it is not always convenient for me to cook it, as I have to pick it up on my way home from work (tired and grumpy). I have seen, that MB has several kind of frozen fish in their frozen counter. So last night I tried their frozen sole filets. Bought it several weeks ago, just to have them in my freezer for whenever. Last night was the time. They were just as good, as when I get the fresh ones. And LOTS less expensive. They come in a package, two and two packed together, so one can take out as many or as few as one wants.
    I stuffed them with chopped shrimps, fresh bread crumbs, parsley and a beaten egg. Covered them with a can of Cream of Shrimp Soup, undiluted. Then baked them for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Served them with Asian Coleslaw. No idea, why it is call Asian. Red cabbage, carrots and celery and my usual dressing. But it was s-o-o-o-o good. Mr. P loved it. I guess MB's frozen sole is here to stay in the Pingo's household. Now, I have to try the Mahi-Mahi and maybe I will throw in a can of crabmeat instead.
    I am glad for the Bruins, that they won - but truly, I didn't care one way or another. Please don't chastise me for that - I just never got into Hockey. I hated, how ugly it would get at times. It was not a sport in the country, I grew up in. But reading all the news, I am sure it was a feast for them. Congratulations!
    - Pingo

[QUOTE]Thanks, I did.  G.T. partner's Mom just called and I was telling her and she said, "Be sure to put "made by Ma" and a price - that's what those card computer programs have" - so I went in in a fancy writing and typed "Card lovingly made by Ma  ~ 2011 and underneath in smaller print typed "USA  8.99".  I'll glue that on the back bottom of the card. The supper you have planned sounds delicious.  I think it's getting a little chillier out, I've shut some of the windows.  I have to get a go on and clean up the kitchen myself.  Been fooling with these cards between putting the verse in and the decorations on front - - -
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

I do have some tall single flowers with what looks like a full bloom, I've been waiting for it to pop open, maybe its one of them, Cissy planted it, she is forever bringing things over and planting them for me, she sends for them and then forgets what they are.....SS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

If it is a moonflower, it won't start opening until about 4 in the afternoon, blooms all night and then closes up in the morning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Don't know if you cat lovers saw this on Youtube - the cutest thing -

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is the cutest thing ever!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just a mother taking care of her baby - - -  "Hush,  little one - you're safe, mom's here" -

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Don't think I ever had sole, Pingo.  Is it mild or a strong tasting fish?  I like my fish mild.  It's funny, when I was checking out the S&S this week they had sole that looked really fresh, but never having tried it, didn't buy any.  If you tell me it has a mild flavor, perhaps I will give it a try one of these weeks, using your method of cooking.

Going out to eat tomorrow and will surely get a fish dinner of some kind.  Not sure what just yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Hey there everyone! How come everyone in Boston is walking around with BIG smiles? I have this weekend off, and D.D. said she wanted to do "something fun on Saturday, Hmmm, What to do, what to do. I have to admit, I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I am a HUGE Boston fan. T.t, your cards are fantastic! What a great idea, I'd rather a personally made card than a generic Hallmark card anyday. Trust me, your guys will never toss those! Princess cal,Your mom is in a tough spot, transitioning and all. I work with seniors, and my mom isn't able to manage on her own,so I know how overwhelming it is, She'll be O.K. , my thoughts are with you. Well gotta get back to work, Catch up with you later. b.g.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have any of you ever seen a catio?  Yes, that's right, patio, with a "c".  My friend's daughter has a couple of cats and her new husband built a "catio" (all screened in with heavy wire) for them.  Then she showed me some pics from online I think, of really fancy ones down South.  It's so the cats can feel as tho they're really outside, which they are in fact, only on walkways and trees encased in the wire.  Wouldn't Cheerio love that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I had my deck screened in at my house tt.  The cats loved it!  Unfortunately my patio is not where I live now.  I have 2 windows from my kitchen that overlook the patio and Tigger and Boo will sit in the windows and yell at me.  Would love to have something like that for them. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My friend's dau lives in a condo so is ruled by condo restrictions, but so far no one has complained about this catio which is off the patio.  I think as long as noone spills the beans she'll be alright.  A big expense they went to if they end up having to take it down.  he put tall things in there for them to climb on and everything. They are two older indoor cats, 13.  What a treat.  Friend says when a wind whips through there, one of them is actually scared and jumps back!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is funny tt about the wind.  My cat Maggie was petrified of the wind!  Found this online.  Wow...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wow!  Is that a rabbit - or are my eyes focusing wrong again!