Laundry storage stain formula

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TaffyTwo. Show TaffyTwo's posts

Years ago, in the "Confidential Chat" there was a formula to remove those yellow stains that sometimes appear when you take clothes out of storage. They are usually oxidized stains that did not completely wash out before the item was put away. The formula consisted of bleach, dishwasher detergent (such as Cascade) & one other item that I do not remember. I would LOVE to have this again with amounts to use! White summer pants seem to be particularly prone to these kinds of stains! Please--if anyone has this formula--I would be soooo grateful!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

While I don't have a formula, I do have a suggestion - go to Clorox.com. They have a stain removal section where you type in fabric, type of stain, etc. What you're looking for just might be there, or perhaps can be taken care of with one of their newer products.

Good luck.

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hi Taffy,
    I know, what you mean. There is a product out there "Yellow Out" - that will take care of your problem. I have used it in the past. Just google it and you will find it. - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abet6d. Show abet6d's posts

Go by homemade detergent... One of my friend told me:
    Today I soaked 2 different white rags with red wine for about an hour. I then washed the two rags in the two different detergents. The results were that the homemade laundry detergent cleaned much better and didn't leave much of a stain. The Arm& Hammer I had cleaned it, but left a darker stain.

Here are the ingredients: 1 bar of soap (any kind)--shredded with a cheese grater 1 cup of washing soda (not baking soda) 1/2 cup borax 1 cup of oxy-clean 5 gallon bucket, with lid.

Method: Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large pan. Pour shredded soap into the boiling water and stir until soap is dissolved, or mostly dissolved. Fill up your bucket with 3 gallons of hot tap water. Pour dissolved soapy water into bucket. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Let this sit for 24 hours, covered, before you use it. I'm keeping a wooden spoon inside my bucket so I can stir it before each use. Use ONE CUP for each load of laundry. Pre-treat any stains with this detergent or with any other pre-treater.

When doing whites with stains I plan on using a little extra oxy-clean in the load. You can't use oxy-clean and bleach together b/c it contains ammonia.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TaffyTwo. Show TaffyTwo's posts

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will try all.

The "Chatters" are truly an awesome group - They always rush to the rescue!!

TaffyTwo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Have you ever tried brown soap? The good old fels-naptha soap that our mothers used? It does great when rubbed on the stain and (if possible) scrubbed with a soft brush. I save all our old toothbrushes for laundry use.