Let the Gardening Begin 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Let the Gardening Begin 2011

This morning:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WOW, gorgeous, tt!  Worth the careful watching and waiting, and like Pingo said, magazine cover worthy.  Love the rain on them...like you spritzed them on purpose for the photo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

This is what I picked this a.m. I know the carrots are small but my 13 year old nephew is having dinner with Mom..(his grandmother) and he just loves carrots..I thought it was worth the occasion

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

TT..Do those moonflowers get like a pod to them. If so, I think I have a friend that has those.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: Let the Gardening Begin 2011:
    [QUOTE]TT..Do those moonflowers get like a pod to them. If so, I think I have a friend that has those.
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

It's been a while since I've had some, but yes, I seem to remember they do, Icer.

Beautiful display of veggies.  Aren't the colors clear and bright?  I'd prefer those little carrots myself, to the full grown ones.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lovely produce, icer!  Isn't Summer the BEST?!  I like the tender, young carrots best, too.

Here are our lilies.  Actually, you can see all three tiers of the front of the property (lilies on highest tier along the first rock wall that contains the front lawn, a bit of the garden on the driveway tier, and an apple tree on the lowest tier with lighter leaves peeking out from behind the pine).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thanks for the answer about the moonflowers TT..

You know Honey and I disagree about very little..until you get to gardening..He thinks I should leave everything until it gets a lot larger...I like smaller veggies too! I tell him, ":When you are cutting and preparing...you will then get a vote"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Wowey Zowey Kargiver...That is magnificent!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Beautiful flowers, Kargiver.  So colorful and inviting.

Is your apple tree old enough to give apples yet?  My little pruned back to high heaven apple tree is loaded with apples this year.  Watching to see if they'll continue to grow or just drop off.  Have to hunt up a pic of grandson "apple picking" off it ten years ago.  He thought it was a big deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!!  I helped plant the ones that wind up with the rock wall the summer we were dating (2007).  It was quite a job, and I remember hoping they would be our flowers someday.  He had to split some this year and put them in front of the house.  I should get a photo of that angle...

Icer, I love your answer to DH about chopping and voting on veggie maturity. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Here's a transplanted/split red lily plant next to the roses.  And, yes, that's a rogue pumpkin plant winding around it all.  Not sure if DH carried a seed in his sock or what!

tt, all our fruit trees are bearing fruit, now.  I hope you can find that apple picking photo!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Can you see the red apple he's reaching for?  Grandson when he was a little tyke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Nice picture TT..He is waaaay up on his tippy toes

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ohhh, tt, how totally adorable!  Yes, I can see the apple hiding up there. :)

My in-laws are late, big time, because he forgot his wallet somewhere.  I'm glad I had a chance to see and respond to your photo before they get here.  thanks for posting!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

How could he forget his wallet? The loot he's got, the thing must weigh a ton...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ache, you don't miss a trick!  LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ache, I agree with Amber, you don't miss a trick. LOL
    But listen, because FIL is so loaded, that's the reason, he forgot it. So what, who cares - there is a lot more from where it came. He is not like you and I, chaining it to our pockets/pocket books.
    You think "the Donald" or Bill Gates carry their own wallets? I doubt it. - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]How could he forget his wallet? The loot he's got, the thing must weigh a ton...
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

I envy your quick wit, Ache you totally made me crack up with that one!

Spent an hour filling a gallon bucket with lily refuse.  Back breaking work, but they are so pretty it's worth it.  We want them to keep blooming all season, after all, and the seed pods were prolific.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Two more opening tonight, and you can see all the other buds starting to unfurl.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Nice...and yes..you have the same as my cake decorator frend..theyy don't do well here...that and wisteria...we can't do those two things

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, what an awesome display!!  thanks for sharing - I've never seen the moon flowers, and I'm enjoying every photo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

G.T. tells me that when a few are blooming at once, there's a lemony scent.  Other years my plants haven't been so full and usually only 1 or 2 bloomed at a time, so I'll definitely have to keep my sniffing this year!  In fact, I'm going to go out now and give a good sniff.

ETA:  Unfortunately the overwhelming smell is of a woods fire, but when I put my nose down near the center - there is the most beautiful, delicate light lemon smell.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Lovely pictures, tt. Can't wait to see all the buds opening up. I have tried to plant some seeds, but after several years of failure, we gave up. Glad you share yours. They are magnificent  - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Scratch and sniff photos, please? ;)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Agree! It probably won't be long, before we will be able to do that. LOL

[QUOTE]Scratch and sniff photos, please? ;)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]