Let the Gardening Begin 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Let the Gardening Begin 2011

Wow, what a gorgeous variation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: Let the Gardening Begin 2011:
    [QUOTE]Somewhere at some nursery or one online, there must be seeds or plants for sale, I would think.  Now if Ache's contest re Pingo and my meeting had come to fruition, everyone would have a pretty clear idea where I live, and you could stop by and I would dig up a couple of small plants for you - - - The contest is kaput now, so he says, so I guess that's that.  ETA:  Because it's been dark all day, the blossoms are still fully open.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

trumpet, I didnt say so

The kielbasa did

If it were up to me, the contest would be up and running still, but I cant undo the pronouncement of the almighty chicken kielbasa

Nobody can. You know that...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Interest had dwindled, Ache.  I don't think anyone was sitting on the edge of their chairs - WAITING - for the meeting to take place.  Actually, Pingo and I might have toyed with the idea of meeting up on one of the appointed dates, times, places.  But, that's all in the past now.  I know you'll come up with another thread, it's just a matter of time - and a topic that starts those wheels rolling, let's see - - - -

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, my! What a color - beautiful flower. Hope you have already put an order in for next year, so we can see more photos. - Pingo

[QUOTE]Different variety G.T. is growing for the first time this year:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE] I know you'll come up with another thread, it's just a matter of time - and a topic that starts those wheels rolling, let's see - - - -

Sounds like youre pushing for Pingo Appreciation Day II

If so, I'm all over it...

Just dont say anything to pingo please. She organized a boycott against the first one as you recall. Got all the other ladies to go along with her. We cant let that happen this time

So not a word, okay? I am counting on you to keep this thing in stealth mode

Peace out, trumpet

PS S-h-h-h! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let the Gardening Begin 2011 : Sounds like youre pushing for Pingo Appreciation Day II If so, I'm all over it... Just dont say anything to pingo please. She organized a boycott against the first one as you recall. Got all the other ladies to go along with her. We cant let that happen this time So not a word, okay? I am counting on you to keep this thing in stealth mode Peace out, trumpet PS S-h-h-h! 
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't think that's such a good idea.  If Pingo found Pingo Appreciation Day I offensive, I don't think going that route again is such a good idea.  I don't think she likes having everyone's attention, good or bad, focused on her, so I'd seriously suggest squashing that idea before it even gets formulated.  Surely, some other tidbit will pop up that will capture your imagination.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

As we were leaving for Bar Harbor on Saturday this is what I saw as I opened the front door.  I thought the dew/rain looked just beautiful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt,that's a beautiful flower.  What is it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, your rose if gorgeous!  Great shot.
    The purple is a variation of the moonflower.  G.T. is trying to grow them this year and save seeds.  It's a double flower variation, you know, like some hollyhocks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Very pretty tt.  Where can I pick up the seeds?  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Beautiful rose, Winter!  So nice you caught it so perfectly just before your trip.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter,
    What a beautiful rose and fantastic shot. Could be sent in somwhere for a prize.
    - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let the Gardening Begin 2011 : Oh, I don't think that's such a good idea.  If Pingo found Pingo Appreciation Day I offensive, I don't think going that route again is such a good idea.  I don't think she likes having everyone's attention, good or bad, focused on her, so I'd seriously suggest squashing that idea before it even gets formulated.  Surely, some other tidbit will pop up that will capture your imagination.

trumpet, youre probably right, but ever since you put the idea in my head last night, I am powerless to stop myself from acting on the idea

Ive already come up with an official PAD II theme song and everything

All that's left to do now is a little detail work and follow through

I just hope when pingo finds out, she doesnt get angry. But if she does, I will have to remind her that she needs to direct her anger where appropriate, ie, not at me, but at the person responsible for planting the seed for this thing in the first place...

Peace out, and please remember to shhh!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

WHAT????!!!  I NEVER gave you that idea.  I really thought you clever enough to come up with a totally new topic for discussion.  Didn't think you would have to fall back on one already played out, and not received well at all.  Talk about being disappointed!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Maybe I misinterpreted, but I definitely felt a PAD II vibe from your message the other night. Guess I was wrong. Oh, well

It's a shame I'm gonna have to toss this groovy song I wrote  

Already tossed my Tankini Day tune. Now this

Geesh...

For the record: No Appreciation Day is ever like any other Appreciation Day. Theyre all different. So it isnt like I was recycling an old idea with the PAD II. To me it was fresh and new

Just want you to know that, trumpet...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Did you see my photo with Gracie?  Why was the Tankini Day tune tossed?! 

ETA:  It was my deathly white legs, wasn't it...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Too funny, Kargiver!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

You cant have a Tankini Day tune without having a Tankini Day

Tankini Day was supposed to take place in July. It is now August

We could reschedule, I suppose, but the moment is already lost, and besides, TD has never been held in August before. Ridiculous. It would be like celebrating Flag Day in March...

ETA: Quit fishing for a compliment please. Your legs looked pretty decent in that photo, and you know it:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe I misinterpreted, but I definitely felt a PAD II vibe from your message the other night. Guess I was wrong. Oh, well It's a shame I'm gonna have to toss this groovy song I wrote   Already tossed my Tankini Day tune. Now this Geesh... For the record: No Appreciation Day is ever like any other Appreciation Day. Theyre all different. So it isnt like I was recycling an old idea with the PAD II. To me it was fresh and new Just want you to know that, trumpet...
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

It would be like the first Appreciation Day, in that it made Pingo uncomfortable, so none of us enjoyed it.  Remember, the rule is:  Not to make fun of, but to mutually have fun.  We did that with your last 2 threads.

I have to go get ready for "Flipping Out", so I'm closing for the night.  Hope you sleep on it and come up with some brilliant, witty topic.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Can't help but post this.  Look all these moonflowers that suddenly all decided to open up tonight, about half an hour ago -

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, tt - what a display!!!  Gorgeous!

And, speaking of gorgeous, Ache, I would never fish for a compliment...well, maybe I would, but not about my legs (ew).  Thanks for the kind comment, anyway. Embarassed

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Great flowers tt. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Beautiful, tt. And it looks like there are more to come. Just too bad, they don't stay for a while. - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The luminous show they put on at night more than makes up for their short life.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts