Let the Gardening begin 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Let the Gardening begin 2012

We will be strating our seeds in these pete moss containers

Although the light is not in its place...I believe one can guess where it goes...Honey makes the light ajustable to grow with the seedlings

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Let the Gardening begin 2012

Ah, thoughts of spring - thanks, Icer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yahoo!  Thanks for kicking it off, icer!  DH will be so envious when he sees these.  I think he might be planning to put up the pre-fab greenhouses this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

My snowdrops have already gone by, and the daffs are coming up! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow!!  Bulbs are coming up already?!  I hope we don't have too early a fruit tree budding, or the bees won't be out to polinate them before they go by.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I noticed a week ago that iris sprouts are up about an inch out front where it's protected and gets full sun.  Some crocus are just barely breaking the top of the ground.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I bet they aren't too happy this morning!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Down in the DC/MD area I had early bright yellow crocus blooming today. So much is showing, including daylilies, iris, the daffodils are really coming up and beginning to set their blossoms.  Our weeping pussywillow tree is almost ready to pop all the pussywillows - some are open but in about a week I think it'll be beautiful.  And we're supposed to get some snow tomorrow, ugh. But it'll be gone by Monday night, that's for sure, given the temps expected (40s). 

I can't wait for spring and to be able to work in the garden!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thanks Ct-DC..I love hearing about placesd outside of our little back yard...I would love to see the pussywillows when they bloom.

Honey and I are experimenting this year...we are trying to see if we can grow some stuff just inside..any who...here is our progress thus far

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Makes me want to check out front and see the progress out there with the bulbs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What's in the pots, Icer? Looks good to me. Are you using a heat lamp? - Pingo

In Response to Re: Let the Gardening begin 2012:
    Thanks Ct-DC..I love hearing about placesd outside of our little back yard...I would love to see the pussywillows when they bloom. Honey and I are experimenting this year...we are trying to see if we can grow some stuff just inside..any who...here is our progress thus far
    Posted by icer

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oooh, lookin' good, icer.  It's going to be a great season, although, I hope not too dry.  No snow can mean no rain if the "out to sea" pattern holds.  We might have to irrigate from the stream, again...it would be the first time since 2007.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have you seen or gone to the blog of "Pioneer Woman"?  It seems a bit too contrived to me, but I think you could do a show, not sure of the name -  
    "Back Woods Woman" makes it sound as tho you're making moonshine, but something along those lines, Kargiver, with your wood stove, immaculate cleaning, living pretty much off your garden, spelt flour baking, desolute looking (to me anyway) roads you and Gracie walk, black bear backyard visitors, and now possibility of "going to the creek for water" - - what do you think?

ETA:  I've got it - "Back Roads Woman"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Yes Pingo..we are using a lamp...the containers you see here are tomatoes..he has them # for how many days seed to fruit/vegetable. He actually has 2 lamps.one on top..one underneath the box

Gee Kar, I hope you don't have to irrigatebut its nice to know you have a system in place if you need it

TT, I would definatly see if you have any movement outside...it is always up-lifting

we are actually trying to grow a few things just inside...spinach and tomatoes...I will be chronicalling our vegetable adventure here and we can All go along for the ride

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, I can't imgaine being on TV like Pioneer Woman!  I've seen her on TV; her food looks great if you're working on a ranch burning 5000 calories a day.  Our show would be "Keepin' It Light in the Back Woods." LOL!!

Icer, DH has a system in place for everything it seems.  He could have been an architect...I wonder why he didn't do that.

Looking forward to joining the growing season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

sprouting

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They're coming along nicely, Icer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Looks nice, Icer. Lots of tomatoes though. Are you planning to plant them all? Or mabe give away or sell?
    I am in a limbo, if I want to do tomatoes this year. I only do 6 - 8 plants, and I buy the plants. But after last year, when the deer ate them all - fruit and plants as well, I am not sure it will be worth my while, just to do all that TLC for a gourmet meal for the deer. We have lots of deer in our back yard. What else could I plant in my 8 x 4 feet raised bed, that the deer will leave alone? We also have plenty of rabbits, so salad greens are out as well. - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I know a lot of folks in your same situation Pingo..can't say that I blame you for not want to invest all that time for the our neighbors of a different species. We live in an area that is quite rural this way>>>>> and quite urban that way<<<<
    I think its the urban feature that keep deer away. But we have skunks and rabbits and of coarse the turkeys...for some reason they stay away from our garden...not sure why

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'd like to plant some things as well, but we have a small family of groundhogs that seems to eat the neighbors vegetables.  I too don't want to go through all the work and not be able to enjoy it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

As you can see...things are growing, soon we will start bring these outside for a bit...hardening i think they call it....by the end of the month these will be in the garden

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oooh, coming along nicely!  Careful with the hardening.  Just talked to the owner of a local commercial farm last night at the grocery store, and she lost things that way in her glee to get going this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

thanks for the heads up

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Meant to mention yesterday, Icer, garden sprouts are looking good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Morning glories sub page..I took pictures today of our morning glory areas that are starting to repopulate..then just for fun...I am putting their last years picture so that you will see how these areas matured last year..I thought it would be fun

tee pee are today

last years florish

trellis today

last year

Our wedding arch

Sections
Shortcuts