Looking Ahead to Spring Flowers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Even tho Boston won't have its Spring Flower Show this year, can't help but think of flowers these cold, dreary days. Walked into Stop and Shop a couple of days ago and if I had had blinders on, and just looked at their floral dept., would have thought I was at a flower show. What a beautiful array of colors and smells. No extra money this week to buy any, but it's comforting to know they're there for the look/see. Will be checking out the R.I. Flower Show. Might get down there if it's still being planned this year.

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Good luck with the journey....I know I am not going...but I would love a review of your sightings....lots of love from mine to yours with your adventure

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hi friends -- I have a "flower show" right here in my own home. My Lady Slipper Orchid has just opened up for the third time. I am soooo excited!!!!
    It was a gift to me from one of my sons a couple of years ago and whenever it decides to show it's head I am so delighted. Don't need a flower show.
    To see a Lady slipper open up is a long process. It started sometime at the beginning of December. A spike showed up and then slowly, slowly it grew and now I have a beautiful flower.
    To watch it, is someting to really treasure.
    My other orchids are also doing well - they are all coming into bloom - one by one.
    Spring is on its way. It may not feel like it right now - but nature says it is -
    - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[Quote]Hi friends -- I have a "flower show" right here in my own home. My Lady Slipper Orchid has just opened up for the third time. I am soooo excited!!!!
    It was a gift to me from one of my sons a couple of years ago and whenever it decides to show it's head I am so delighted. Don't need a flower show.
    To see a Lady slipper open up is a long process. It started sometime at the beginning of December. A spike showed up and then slowly, slowly it grew and now I have a beautiful flower.
    To watch it, is someting to really treasure.
    My other orchids are also doing well - they are all coming into bloom - one by one.
    Spring is on its way. It may not feel like it right now - but nature says it is -
    - Pingo[/Quote]

And what are your visiting hours?

tt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh tt, you are too funny!! Btw. you would be most welcome to see the "show".
    Maybe I am overreacting, But it is such a wonderful thing to se your orchids - some of which I had for a long time - come into bloom. They are just sitting there for the longest time w/o any excitment. Many times I have wanted to just get rid of them. While they "hibernate", I still have to take are of them, and believe me it is a chore. But then one day they reward my patience with a spike coming up, that eventually put out flowers, I can enjoy for months. - P

[Quote]

And what are your visiting hours?

tt[/Quote]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

All kidding aside, I do remember seeing the lady slipper orchids at the last flower show we went to, and they were beautiful.
    tt