LoseIt April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LoseIt April 2013

Greetings, Losers!  :)

Let's get out there and get moving this Spring!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Re: LoseIt April 2013

Thanks for checking in!

Scale still not moving but think I am doing OK.  Been logging 90% of the time faithfully.  Feel of the wagon the past weekend but back on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hear ya!  I logged a whopper of an Easter, too.  I applaud your logging more; if nothing else it makes you very mindful about what you are eating.  Keep in mind, though, that the missing 10% cannot be accounted for and can easily sabotage your whole logging effort - that should be about 100 - 200 calories per day (about 1/2 lb of fat a week!) that's not logged.  Push yourself to log that remaining 10% and you'll get a lot more out of it than that little bit more effort you're saving by skipping some entries.  Logging 100% gives you a BIG bang for the buck in terms of control and success.  If you can do 90 you can do 100!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

JC, great news about your pants, awesome.  Being more mindful of what, how much, and why we eat is the first step in getting it under control and moving in the right direction.

I didn't cut carbs or any particular foods out, I just reduced the amount of everything I was eating such that it fit my LoseIt budget of about 1200 (during loss).  I didn't want to do anything that I wouldn't be able to keep doing forever, and I wonder if cutting carbs is one of those things.

Are you logging?  It's a pain at first, but after awhile it becomes quick, easy, and second nature.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Whoops, I sat on my post above awhile (phone).

Inches are really the best measure, not weight.  Weight fluctuations can occur for any number of reasons - fat loss/gain, water retention, bathroom habits, etc.  So, if you tie your success to the number on the scale you can ride an emotional roller coaster with every salty snack you have.  Inches don't lie about fat loss - the scale doesn't know the difference between fat and water.

Moving burns a lot of calories!  I've moved a ton, I know. :)

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Aw, you know you want to hoard those calories for yourself, LOL.  I would, though. :)

If you don't weigh yourself until your next doc's appointment that would be great.  Your clothes don't lie, and I've talked many a "loser" off the daily fluctuation ledge.

If you want to log the calories of what fiancee cooks (nice guy - good you're keeping him!), you know there's a recipe feature, right?  The only hard thing about it is figuring out how many servings there are in the finished dish, but I've gone so far as dumping it in an 8 qt Pyrex dish until it's all measured and breaking it down into cups.  A royal PITA, but once it's done, if he makes it that way every time, it's done.

Great job logging and slimming down in no time!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can relate to every sentence (even the one about fiancee, although, my hubby doesn't cook - good thing since two cooks in the kitchen is a bad idea!).  Sometimes I'm relieved at lunch to be able to scan a TJ's frozen food and be done with it.  I, too, have searched the web for foods similar to what I've had (usually when prepared outside of our home).  As long as you are close most of the time it will even out, I think.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

After proving to myself that 110 is my personal ideal and it is maintainable, today I replaced my LoseIt program with a new one with 110 as my current and my goal weight.  I'll continue to log at least through 2013.  I've found entering my weight monthly to work fabulously as far as correlating my budget to my weight in maintenance so I'll keep doing that, although, I doubt I'll ever break the daily weigh in habit.

So, I'll be here to cheer on and offer tips to those losing, and as you all reach your goals and join me and Pingo in maintenance, we can keep each other on track.  Thank you all for being here and sharing your experiences with the mighty calorie. :)

Best wishes to everyone!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, given what you've shared about your journey so far and your personality, JC, I highly recommend a monthly weigh in that you log in LoseIt so you can correlate your weight changes with your budget and make adjustments on a monthly basis as necessary.  It will also give you a visual with a nice graph with monthly data points I think you'll appreciate.

6" - you must feel like a new woman!  And, yeah, an ounce is an ounce, LOL. ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, if you are maintaining, now, I highly recommend replacing your LoseIt program with one just for maintenance.  I'm loving having all that old loss data chopped off my averages.  I've had so many budgets since November the summaries had become difficult to interpret.

now, my graph should look flat from now on as I weigh in monthly, and my average calories should average 0 away from target whenever I run the report.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

May be a good idea, but I am still trying to maintain. I am down another pound, so 2 all together. I can still go another 3 w/o have to worry. But I like to find out, where the balance is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think replacing your original program with a maintenance one will allow you to even more closely track your weight changes with your budget increases as you endeavor to find the tipping point in monthly comparisons.  There is really no down side that I can see to starting a maintenance program in LoseIt to start where you are instead of dragging along old data with the new.  Although, I suppose it can't hurt to keep using the one you have. 

If you are only down 2 since hitting your goal, you are VERY close to your actual budget.  GREAT JOB!  I am SO PROUD and happy for you!!!

I bet you are ecstatic to think about your shopping trip in TX. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, maybe I spoke too soon.  LoseIt doesn't actually totally replace all your data with a new program.  It keeps all your old over and under budget data so it didn't impact my average at ALL! I wonder if I'll need to delete my account and create a new one to get it to wipe out all my old stuff.  I really want to have my average be my average from NOW on, not since Nov when I was losing.  Oh, well.  I realllly can't complain about LoseIt, but I wanted you to know that you don't get as much bang for the buck as I thought for creating a new goal program.

How's everyone doing?  I'm still maintaining...Bo-ring, I know. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hello???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I am here..........  Work has been crazy and life just getting in the way.  Logging is going ok.  I am back after a few days of not when work was insane and just didn't have the time.  Planning on starting to plan my meals better at least for breakfast and lunch eat day and incorporate measuring!

How are you?

On a side note I will say that I can really never find a bra that fits the way I like it to. I have a wide ribecage right round where the bra cups sit and always feel like the bottom almost always has a little gap.  Frustrating.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glad you are logging through the craziness - I bet you are really keeping from gaining this year, allready, and that is a success in and of itself especially in times of great stress.

Have you been to a Lady Grace (other than the AWFUL one in Shewsbury) to be fitted?  Now there are TONS of bra sizes for every shape out there online.  It's frustrating to try them and return, but I am getting somewhere.  I have 3 coming today from Wacoal in sizes that are not carried in ANY stores on earth.  Funny, I don't look deformed to me, LOL!!!

I'm doing OK, thanks - nothing to report. :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Apparently, I am deformed - none of them worked and forget online, I'm going to Boston.

JC, KMM?  You still with us?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OK, I'm reclothing myself this Spring and Summer at NORDSTROM after my super duper successful bra trip yesterday.  My misconceptions about it being a snobby, expensive, old lady department store were all busted.  Of course, I'll be frequenting the sale rack - "expensive" wasn't all myth, lol.  Allready, you've got to give them a try for bras; I bet you'll find a size and style you love.

Pingo, do tell us about your shopping trips in TX and how slim and trim you looked in those 3 way mirrors in the dressing room "catwalk!"

anyone there?  KMM?  JC?  Allready?  Icer?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I am having trouble posting again.

In addition to size I think style is the big issue.

Can you tell me the price range you paid? I hate to pay a lot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hate to pay a lot, too, but as a 30 D with a style requirement of "seamless modesty" I was about willing to pay anything.

I chose the Embrace Lace Wacoal for $57 (same price as on the Wacoal site).  There is a color (not made in my size) on the Wacoal site on sale of that style for $37, I think.  The band runs true to size, the cup runs a tad small so if you are in between (I'm between a C and D), it's perfect if you go with the larger cup.  (To get your band on this style, you add 4" to ribcage for even and 5" for odd.)

They had cheaper ones, though, just not in 30D.  It's not outlandish in my now expert bra opinion, LOL.