LoseIt April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Re: LoseIt April 2013

Yikes that is a lot..........  I think I do need to find a comfortable bra that sits flat on my ribcage in the right area.  So frustrating.

Logging is going ok.  Back on track after a slow down.  Trying to plan ahead with food and eat better!  Now that spring is somewhat here I think it is easier.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Some were as much as $90 so I was thrilled, actually, to find one for $57 that is so perfect given how many I've tried.  I plan to take excellent care of them, and since they are fitting great on the first (biggest) hooks, I have 2 more sets to move in as they inevitably stretch before they need to be retired.  I'm sure I'll have them for a few years at least.  And, there were many that were less - if your band size is 32+ you'll have LOTS more prices, brands, and styles to try.  Different manufacturers make them very differently despite all the size charts being essentially the same - some are wider set, narrowly set, run big/small in band, run big/small in cup, and every combination.  Plus, all the "normal" variations in style and function.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

This is the one I got (photo from Freshpair.com):  Embrace Lace Wacoal.  And, like on the model, there are no gaps, bulges, nothin'!

ETA: darn it, the photo didn't come through.  Oh, well, you can look it up if you want. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I may give it a whirl one of these days.  I like underwire and only wear that.  I am wondering if a softer structured bra instead of underwire might be better..... 

Right now no real time to shop.  PLUS and waiting till I look like a supermodel and thinking that will be in no time at all:)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Saw your post to head over here for bra info, Kar.  Thanks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, too cute. :)

I'm sure it will be a positive experience when you do go - something worth fitting in...get it?  Ha!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know it probably sounds "out there" and super earthy crunchy, but I've got to implore you to try sprouted grains!  There's plenty of info online on them so I won't go all into the details here, but we'll never go back to regular flour even whole wheat or spelt.  The difference is that profound (and totally unexpected on my part).  I wish I'd tried them while I was trying to lose weight; same calories, but different effect on the body.

The cheapest I've found is the multi-pack of 5 lbs bags of organic sprouted spelt on Amazon.  I think it worked out to $2.50 a pound.  You can pay as much as $5/lb so be sure to look at the per pound price.  (Broke up the link so it wouldn't cause the thread to scroll.)

It does behave differently than all-purpose; you have to experiment with adjusting your recipes.  I start with 4.25 oz per recipe cup, but some things take more flour than that.

http://www.amazon.com/Flour-organic-Sprouted-Spelt-pack/

dp/B00BFJ5924/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1366553312&sr=

1-3-catcorr&keywords=sprouted+spelt+flour

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Greetings, LoseIt family,

I'm satisfied that 2000 is my budget now that I'm almost 5 months into "maintenance."  After continuing to lose from December to March, I've leveled off and will be entering only 1 lb less for April on May 1st.  I highly doubt I'll lose a pound in May with this budget unless I really step up my outside activity.  Which unless sitting out on the patio with a beer counts, I probably won't be.

Pingo, tell us about your clothes shopping!  I need to do the same after I do a Spring cleaning of our closet today.  Your family must have been super impressed by your success in LoseIt!  Do you have LoseIt converts?  My brother and mother are still going strong.

JC, are you getting settled in and into a routine?

allready, now that Spring is here maybe you'll see a budging of the scale.  Lighter food in the house and more exercise?  

I know New Year's resolutions are a distant memory at this point, but your health is important every day, all year, every year...keep the faith and keep up the great work!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    I am not able to post on the Chat thread. There is no posting box at all - just the headline. This is a new one.
    So even though it is the Loseit! thread, I will post here to let you know, I have not neglected you guys.
    Spent all morning, trying to de-clog a clogged sink. Ugh! It is not budging. DH will not be happy to have to climb under the sink tonight and try to get it to function. Did not put anything unusual in the disposal. Maybe it is something from DH's few days of bachelor hood. I did notice it was draining slower than usual, when I got back home.
    Leaving for the office shortly. Have a huge pile to take care of, and I would like to get everything squared away today, so I can spent time with TX son, when he gets here tmw.
    Will check the Chat thread later.
    Have a good day everyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I get the post box, but it seems I can't post there, either; I've tried twice.  Not sure if my second attempted worked, but the first one evaporated (unless it shows up after tt's that she posted after my failed attempt).   I thought the extra boston.com traffic had subsided by now...

Anyway, sorry about your drain, Pingo - sometimes it's nothing in particular, just a build up over time that suddenly manifests.  Frustrating!

Have a great day - I hope we can post in CC soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Having saved up 600 for the week and then eating, yes, a 1700 calorie dinner (2 wines, alfredo dinner, cheesecake), I feel so stuffed...ugh, I should have boxed up 1/2 the cheesecake.  I did bring home 1/2 the entree at least.  Omg...I can't breath.  But, the good news is that I'm only 200 over for the week for having saved up.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That is great, Kargiver.

I am so frustrated with these Forums. I can apparently type here in this thread. I could earlier, but not all afternoon in the Chat thread. Still can't.

I am still maintaining. Not that it has been that long. In TX, I decided not to bother with logging, but I watched like a hawk, what I put in my mouth. Still, I gained 2 pounds. Not that I was worried, b/c that were those two extra pounds I lost. And they are already gone again.
    It does show, however, how important logging is.

Btw. your diner sounded fantastic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Those two pounds may have been water weight - I'm sure you went out to eat there more often than usual, and that's a very salty endeavor.  Great job maintaining!

dinner was spectacular...I'm glad we don't do it all the time, though - I'm really overly full.  At least I only have to make up 200 calories next week for it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You are right, Kar. Lots of eating out and lots of Margaritas. But I am glad I could enjoy them, w/o feeling guilty. 300 calories is not that difficult to cut down on other food w/o being deprived.

Now, w/ the cruise coming up. That's another thing. Nothing there to do besides drinking and eating. I do plan to hit the gym and the pools. So hopefully I can burn up some of the overflow calories. Will bring my iPad, but not sure if I will be able to use it there on a daily basis. So the good old paper and pencil will have to do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm not concerned for you on the cruise - you are very mindful, now, so overdoing it is actually harder than it used to be.  You'll gain temporary water weight, again, though.  Offset it some by drinking more water than usual and log as best you can.  No worries, have fun!

I agree re the margaritas - 300 is easy enough to account for, and they are worth it.  I never want more than one, anyway.

Sections
Shortcuts