LoseIt August 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LoseIt August 2013

Hi, ladies!

OK, one more month of "summer" - let's get real and get counting!

As you know if you at least lurk in CC, I got a new range.  Just roasted zucchini as part of a soup base.  Puréed, you can use it as a nearly calorie free alternative to cream.  I like to do that and eggplant, but our eggplants are tiny yet.  Maybe next week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: LoseIt August 2013

Anyone here?  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Trouble posting again!

As you said it is all or noting.  Well it has been nothing!  But on the flip side I have reached my breaking point.  I am not feeling good about myself and know it is the calories.

So, today new day and last day.  Will log!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

congrats on new range

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've said it before, I'll say it again - you can and will do it, allready!  We are behind you all the way!!  

Thanks, I truly adore it.  Every little detail is worth celebrating...I love it more every time I use it and discover another distinguishing feature.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Up 3 water pounds from the party Saturday...waiting for it to disappear.  not going too crazy with the water, though, just trusting the log.  

My mom sent a photo of herself in a pencil skirt - she looks fabulous!  I've NEVER seen her in anything without gathers or a cut that hides her hips.  She lost over 20 lbs this year and felt like a million at Dad's hs reunion last week (what she wore that skirt for).

How's everyone doing?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

That is great about your mom.
    It is  hard to lose and maintain unless you one of the lucky ones who have great genes.  I am afraid I am not one. 

I don't look too bad, hahaha but how I want to look in my mind is different.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My genetics cards are stacked against me.  My grandmother was 300+ lbs my whole life, my mother obese for most of her life.  Diabetes and weight issues are on BOTH sides of my family.  Heck, I gained 40 lbs myself in one year, no problem.  

I'm not lucky, I'm dedicated.  I've measured and logged every bite I've swallowed since Nov 11, 2012.  What is so lucky about that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Sorry I wasn't saying you were lucky............. just making the statement:)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't have great genes, either.  My whole family has been on one diet or another 24/7 decade after decade, generation after generation.  My cousin has a fatty liver due to Atkins.

My mother and I have been successful in SPITE of our genes and bringing up because we finally decided to take charge and TRACK of what we put in our mouths.

You hit a nerve in case you can't tell, lol.  But, I forgive you. It's a common sentiment, how "lucky" I am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My mom was just visiting and tried on all her outfits for me - what a fashion show!  She is slimmer than I've ever seen her that I remember.  She actually confessed she was this weight in 1977-8, but I was 5 and 6 years old so don't recall.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Deleted, posted in wrong thread

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

It is a constant struggle for sure and think most woman always find something they don't like about themselves!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Self esteem is influenced by innumerable forces and messages...it's a wonder any of us have any at all!  We are wise to see us as our Creator does - with perfect Love and acceptance for who we are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Having lost 2 lbs over the last 2 months, I increased my budget today by another 25 calories per day.  At 107-108, I'm at the edge of healthy.  2090 is a serious daily buffet.  Making peach jam is making it easier to hit the target, though, along with TJ's honey Greek style yogurt, lol.