LoseIt July

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LoseIt July

Maybe if I put the After in a new Thread you can switch back and forth and see.  The other photo in LoseIt are obviously both "Before," now - I can't post two different pictures in the same thread or something crazy like that.  So, anyway, here's the after, again.  Hopefully, it won't change the June thread's back to this one!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Re: LoseIt July

That is so insane!  I won't even try to figure it out:)
    Great job!

Thanks for sticking around.  Did hop on scale this AM and it did budge down a tiny bit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My "Before" (if nothing has changed this afternoon) is in the June thread.

allready, exciting news to have the scale budge downward, the beginning of a trend due to your logging, I believe.  Keep up the great work!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy 4th, Loggers and Losers!!

Just a friendly insanity check reminder here - BBQ FOOD IS SALTY so you will be HEAVIER but not FATTER for a week after today if you indulge.  Please, STAY ENCOURAGED through the temporary weight gain.  

Life is FUN and in includes the 4th BBQs, parties of all kinds, etc.  No need to miss them or even to avoid all the treats to stay on track.  By logging you have a good eye for 1/2 cup.  There's nothing that will do you that much damage if you stick to 1/2 cup.  (Even the heaviest of Ben and Jerry's ice cream is about 250 calories per half cup.)  A Big Mac is only 550 so one burger or hotdog in the backyard isn't gonig to break the budget, either.  The key to BBQ calorie success is being MINDFUL, not avoidance.  The goal of eating is still just to satisfy hunger - don't eat 3 plates when one will do or have 3 whole desserts instead of 1/3rd of each one you want to try.

Sodium is a lost cause at a BBQ so don't worry about it as far as weight goes (unless, of course, you have high bp or other reason a high sodium day is a disaster worth avoiding).  As for calories, you can do what I did when I was losing - keep my budget to loss, go OVER budget, and then make up for the overage by being underbudget until it was taken care of.  OR, you can set your budget to maintenance for one day only, accept that today will not be part of your LOSS plan, and that way you get about 500 - 700 calories extra, probably bumping you to 1800 or so.  Plenty to feel like you're feasting after being used to 1200, LOL.

So, remember, bottom line, you will be heavier tomorrow and for as long as a week.  Eating 3500 calories above maintenance (that you don't burn, in other words) is what it takes to gain a real pound of FAT.  If you are 3 lbs heavier tomorrow rest assured you didn't eat over 12,000 calories in 3 hours no matter what you ate so it IS water retention.

Oh, and to combat this (if you must), drink a LOT of water all day!!  It will keep the sodium concentration in your blood from getting high enough to cause a big weight increase...in theory, anyway - I never bother.  

HAVE FUN!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm stuffed. It's going to be a scale horror show for a week!  But, whatever, it's temporary.  I didn't even go over budget (I ate more than usual, but I saved up beforehand).  I'll probably be in the red a bit before I go to bed.  Right this minute I feel like I might not need to eat for 3 days, but it never seems to work out that way, LOL, 3 hours is more like it!

Hoping everyone logging and losing won't despair about a little water weight for the next few days. :)

HUGS!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So much for going lighter today - got Chinese food since DH is away, and ate like a pig!  Logged it all, though, every greasy calorie and all 750 calories over budget!  Um, yeah, that's 2800 for the day, honest to goodness.  3 crab rangoons, 1 chicken teriyaki stick, 1 beef teriyaki stick, 1 chicken finger, egg roll, 1/4 cup duck sauce, 1 cup kung pau chicken/shrimp, 1/2 cup pork fried rice, 2 fortune cookies, 2 glasses Asti (12 oz).  Burp.  Excuse me.  ;)  

2800 calories logged is 2800 calories I can account for.  Actually, I was behind quite a bit so that really isn't a big deal.  I think if I'm 300 under tomorrow I'll be back to 0 calories away from target on average, my overall maintenance goal.  Net calories are what's important, not hitting the target every day - same for loss, too.  Average your loss budget and you can easily incorporate "red bar" days into your life without derailing yourself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How are all you Losers doing?  ;)

I've been eating less than stellar quality food for a couple of weeks so am bloated and 3 lbs over my average.  Yuck.  I'm within my calorie budget so I know it's not permanent/fat gain, but still I feel awful.  It's a good reminder for me as to why we go to the expense and trouble of eating mostly "clean."

And, speaking of that, it's annual Standard Process Purification time, again!  We have a huge party to attend on Saturday so we're starting Sunday.  The garden is producing enough to feed us exclusively for 3 weeks.  That will get me back on track in our good habits.  I asked my aunt about doing it now that I'm already at my goal weight, and she said it's still worth doing because of the actual cleanse of the kidneys, liver, and blood.  And, if I don't need to lose weight I probably won't.  She also suggested adding some food that isn't technically on the program so I get enough calories.  They will be here before we're done with it, actually, visiting for 3 days.  Can't wait for her to see my progress since last year!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

That is great.

Well I was doing well and then............. 

So new day for me!  I know I have said it before but I am not happy with the way I look and feel.  I am not happy with how my clothes feel and look either.

I will once again attempt to log religiously and daily!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, allready,

This may sound harsh, but in the words of Master Yoda, "Do or do not do.  There is no 'try.'"  To expound, if you go into anything with an "I'll try" outlook you are subconsciously deciding you'll fail by setting up the excuse of "I tried" for yourself.  Your heart and mind need to be on the same page of, "I'm going to log everything," for it to really happen.  Parents do kids a big disservice by teaching, "Try your best" instead of "DO your best," and as adults we put the TRY lesson into practice to our vast frustration until we decide to DO instead.

You CAN do it!!!!  Decide to log everything, average 1200 a day, and you WILL lose weight steadily until you reach your goal and you feel how you want to feel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am agreeing w/ Kargiver. There is no trying - it is unfortunately all doing. To be honest, I am sick an tired of logging, but I am doing it, b/c if I don't, I know, what will happen.
    I am down another 7 lbs. - so 27 all togther. It is going much slower this time, as I am not religiouslly keeping under the budget every day. But the way it is going is fine with me. I am in no rush, and if I don't get rid of he last 3 lbs., I am not going to feel like a failure.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've been fretting since I wrote my "just do it" post, but in my heart I just want success for everyone.

Pingo, 27 lbs!!!!!!   You must feel and look spectacular.  I'm still logging, too, and after 8 months it's a little tiresome, but, like you, I'm afraid of regain like I've done before, and I don't have ANY clothes in the next size up so this is it, I have to maintain or I can't get dressed.  So, when I put it that way to myself I don't mind logging so much, lol.  Great job!!

I'm really looking forward to dressing up to the nines tonight. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Went 870 over budget at the party!  Easy to do if you have a few drinks and a piece of cake along with dinner.  So, now on to the business of going under budget for as long as it takes to get my average back down.  The mobile app lets you run a program summary, and I use it to keep an eye on my "average away from budget," and I shoot, of course, for 0 calories away.

That's the freedom logging everything gives you.  Over 1000?  No problem, log 100 under every day for 10 days or whatever works to get your average back down where it should be.  If you don't log it all you can't know where you stand or keep things under control.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from roma-ss. Show roma-ss's posts

I have been trying to post for two days now without success!   I am back and had almost 3 weeks of great food/relatives and beautiful places to visit!   I am about 3.5 lbs up and ready to get back to tracking.  Started back on the site yesterday and hope to be down to what I was before I left by next week.   Lots of artisanal bread baked fresh daily and a couple of times home baked in a wood burning oven at family house with about 6 huge pizzas with assorted toppings.   Delicious!   bread and pasta is my downfall!   but there were also lots of great veggies and some fish(but fried) and a couple of dinners with pasta with clams and mussels! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oooh, how much fun, roma!  

Flour (white) and sodium, of course, make you retain water.  I'm betting a pound or even two might be history fast if you drink a lot of water in the next two days.  

For future vacations, know that if you'd logged (even roughly) you'd know how much under budget you'd have to be for how long to make up for it (as detrmined by getting your average away from budget back down to zero over time).  Starting over wipes the slate clean without accounting for those red bars.  

I'm at 4 calories over budget per day on average right now (calculated from April 3rd) so I know I have to be under budget awhile longer to make up for past red bars.

However, all that being said, 3.5 lbs upon return from a 3 week vacation filled with bread and pasta means you were very mindful about portion sizes even if you weren't logging!!  VICTORY!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Trust me I know what I need to do it is just the ture motivation is not there I:(  In my mind I see how I want to look feel.  Get discouraged when I put something on and do not like the way it looks or feels.  I do well and then do bad.........  horrible cycle.

Well I logged this AM as feeling horrible today because hate way outfit looks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Allready, it was hard for me to process that deciding to try is choosing to fail, but once I did, my goals became realities.  Banish "try" from your vocabulary.  "I'll try," subconsciously drives failure, and we want you to succeed!!  "I'm going to log everything today," is your only way to achieve your goal.  Conversely, "I'm going to try to log everything today," is code for, "Another day I'm not any closer to my goal because I'm not going to log everything."

Knowing what you need to do and being disappointed with where you are is not enough to drive change, as you've found by experience.  Trying is failing.  Doing is succeeding.  It's all about your mindset, not your intrinsic ability, IQ, knowledge, or desire to lose weight.  You are well educated and smart - you know this is true!  Take the bull by the horns and carpe diem!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Hugs!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

DS got the little Fitbit gadget for me. It is an amazing little thing. It keeps your steps, calories burned, miles plus it also have a clock. One can also log the food - just like we do on Loseit!, but I still log on Loseit! as I am used to that. It is programmed into my computer, and every time I walk by it, it will read and log my activities. Further more, you can log your BP and your blood sugar. Only surprise I had was, that Fitbit! sets my max intake of calories  300 calories less than Loseit! Something you losers may take into consideration. Wish I had it sooner.
    If you still have a difficult time logging, it will push you to increase your steps. Like last evening, I was short, so I took a walk twice around my tennis court. My new pal!

- Eleanor Roosevelt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nice, Pingo!  I've considered getting one and upgrading my LoseIt subscription to sync to its info, but haven't because what I'm doing for free is working well.  However, I think it's a great "new friend" that can really enhance your effort to achieve your fitness and weight goals...pretty cool technology.

Not sure what fitbit set your budget to, but be sure you're eating no less than 1200.  That works for my mom very well (she's about your age and seems about as active), and at less than that you can slow your metabolism and not really get enough to eat from a number of angles.  You probably know that already, but just in case.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, you don't need to sync the info. I use it separately. Why pay for something, you can have for free.
    I have discovered another neat thing. Fitbit gives you a daily weekly average. It makes a lot more sense, as you know how one can fluctuate. So if your budget is up one day and down the next - you are still in the zone. To log on the Fitbit is very easy. You just log in separate items, not meals per se. If you want, you can. But it really doesn't matter, when you eat what. As you are well aware, it is all about intake and output.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, I use the LoseIt app's Program Summary to track my average away from budget, but it is not available in LoseIt in its browser version.  Absolutely, it's average energy over time that matters, not hitting the target every day - I almost never hit my exact budget, either way over or way under most days - it does average out over time to my budget.  That's why logging everything is essential.

I've been maintaining at my ideal so no need to change it up, BUT if I were still losing or having trouble in maintenance I'd definitely get one.  My friend who lost so much in livestrong has one and loves it, too.  Anything that makes your calorie consumption less of a mystery is a good thing!